Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For (66131 Views)

ASKA Flying Car: This Is The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For - Photos / Sex In The Car And Its Consequences / See The Car I Spotted At Apapa This Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by AutoReportNG: 1:34pm On Mar 22, 2017
This definitely will be a good news for Lagosians who spent hours on Lekki, 3rd Mainland, Ikorodu Road etc, as the car you are waiting for has finally berthed. For regular commuters that know the pains of peak-hour traffic, it is something of a dream.

A car that has the ability to widen its base and rise up to a height that allows it to cruise over the top of other vehicles, eliminating any need to wait in line. Look no further than the Hum Rider – a Jeep Cherokee with hydraulic lifts built into the wheelbase.

Incredible car modification from Hum Rider means you will never have to sit in traffic again

Looks too good to be true, right?

That's because it is.

The Hum Rider is the result of a cleverly planned marketing scheme for Verizon Telematic’s Hum dongle, which adds diagnostics, road-side assistance, location and speed tracking and geo-fencing to your vehicle's computer.

Designed by marketing agency Thinkmodo, the hydraulic car is designed to represent the extraordinary driving experience the Hum dongle can provide users.

"In many respects, (the Hum Rider is) a bit of a metaphor, taking the ordinary driving experience and making it extraordinary," Verizon VP of Marketing Jay Jaffin told Mashable.

"Kind of what we’re illustrating with that crazy car that drives over cars."

Created with over 300 feet of hydraulic lines, the mechanism is powered by a single gas Honda generator, driving over 400 kg of pressure through the pipes to lift the car nine feet in the air.

The Hum Rider weighs a whopping 3,800 kg - also double the weight of a standard Jeep Grand Cherokee.

While it certainly is a shame this incredible feat of engineering is no more than a one-off marketing stunt, it is probably for the best.

If these things got out onto the roads,one can only fathom the kind of multi-levelled traffic chaos that would ensue.

Source

http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/03/see-hello-to-hum-x-car-lagosians-have.html

Watch the video below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZIi4-gHpj8

7 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by AutoReportNG: 1:37pm On Mar 22, 2017
Whats your take on this? Will you order for it?

See more pictures here...

http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/03/see-hello-to-hum-x-car-lagosians-have.html
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by chillex8(m): 1:37pm On Mar 22, 2017
I saw this first

9 Likes

Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by Tazdroid(m): 2:55pm On Mar 22, 2017
OMO WEN D TIN DEY SHOW MY SIDE NAAA??!!!

I DON DEY FIND HOW TO MESS UP SOME PEOPLE WEY DEY FORM

JUST CARRY DIS MOTOR MOVE OVER THE PESIN MOTOR AND SIT ON HIM CAR LIKE A HEN ABOUT TO LAY EGGS grin
grin grin

214 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 22, 2017
I saw it second sha

1 Like

Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by cremedelacreme: 2:56pm On Mar 22, 2017
Na today? This Hum Rider feature cant work in Nigeria because our own type of traffic no be like the one in the picture. Keke,Danfo,Okada and gala sellers would cover the small available space. Naija I hail. grin grin

287 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by Epositive(m): 2:56pm On Mar 22, 2017
but if the car come spoil on top another car roof nko?

anyways, say no to traffic cheesy cheesy

nothing can stop me... i'm all the way up cheesy

not even millitary cars tongue tongue tongue tongue

#positivevibes

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by aydought: 2:56pm On Mar 22, 2017
Is this scorpion or Car? grin

1 Like

Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by tayoxx(m): 2:56pm On Mar 22, 2017
How mechanic go take work on this kind car

5 Likes

Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by Afriface: 2:56pm On Mar 22, 2017
what is the essence?

1 Like

Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by crestedaguiyi: 2:57pm On Mar 22, 2017
i need to place an order for this
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by Pilar4u(m): 2:57pm On Mar 22, 2017
Good
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by Chiboyz40(m): 2:57pm On Mar 22, 2017
Wow.. Wow.. Jxt wow
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by Haryoryhemie(f): 2:57pm On Mar 22, 2017
BOOKED

ayam komin
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by miteolu(m): 2:57pm On Mar 22, 2017
War ris dis?

1 Like

Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by dtruseeker(m): 2:57pm On Mar 22, 2017
If it cannot go over dangote truck, I'll pass

4 Likes

Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by danchuzzy(m): 2:57pm On Mar 22, 2017
Afriface:
what is the essence?

i wish i knew
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by championeh(m): 2:58pm On Mar 22, 2017
Have you ever seen Lagos Traffic before? The gaps in between would be filled by Okada. And How would this car fly ove buses, Tippers and other Trucks?? grin grin You think say our Traffic are in straight lines........O ti sure ju, Ko le werk!

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by OsitaJustice: 2:58pm On Mar 22, 2017
Oh my my, this awe.
Really befitting Lagos road.
J#JumpAndPassTraffic
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by Divay22(f): 2:58pm On Mar 22, 2017
sad
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by Kenshinmunac(m): 2:58pm On Mar 22, 2017
My pop c go like this car die grin, that guy hate traffic pass anything he they always wish say he for just fly pass sometimes, Abeg how much them they sell am ni?

Hope if he too cost he no go pass 6 mill naira undecided

1 Like

Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by Vickiweezy(m): 2:58pm On Mar 22, 2017
This one no fit work for Naija

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 22, 2017
Ko le werk on Lagos road, you will see as you wan move across other cars, you will see one stubborn driver out of jealousy twisting his steering to block you telling say na only you dey hurry just like the poster below.

12 Likes

Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by macuwon(m): 2:58pm On Mar 22, 2017
Lagos roads
Are you kidding me?
Have you ever seen Lagos traffic? Where will that tyre pass? You'll end up climbing people, bikes, keke, fall into open gutters and scratch the vehicles under u! Gbese..
And as a Lagos driver, there is no way I'll allow u overtake me in traffic even with these shit. And besides buses and trucks can't go under

22 Likes

Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by eleojo23: 2:59pm On Mar 22, 2017
Overtaking galore
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by OBAGADAFFI: 2:59pm On Mar 22, 2017
grin
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by Bamss1: 2:59pm On Mar 22, 2017
LUSSISH!
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by nijascammers: 2:59pm On Mar 22, 2017
disasters in the making, Nigerians who can't manage simple autos want to manage this, goodluck. The thing has no side step for climbing,any measures for emergency evacuation?

1 Like

Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 22, 2017
I pray say make dem use this one scratch my car..... I go Hum their head

2 Likes

Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by matrixme(m): 2:59pm On Mar 22, 2017
You will just cross like 5 cars and meet one pickup carrying like 50 mattress piled up that your hum car won't be able to rise over. Purpose defeated. Lastma will arrest you for cheating

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by ekensi01: 2:59pm On Mar 22, 2017
imposible to be true doh. til it come, who will b the 1st to buy? ;Dimposible to be true doh. til it come, who will b the 1st to buy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The G-Wagon 2019 Already Spotted In Lagos / House-Boy Crashes Master's Car In Calabar (Photos) / Some Lagosians Park Their Cars At Shopping Malls Like These

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.