Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For (66152 Views)

ASKA Flying Car: This Is The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For - Photos / Sex In The Car And Its Consequences / See The Car I Spotted At Apapa This Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by sfinkzslot(m): 5:23pm On Mar 22, 2017
enough side mirror dey go be that o, LASMA beware
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by mrgreen4real(m): 5:23pm On Mar 22, 2017
How I wan take buy water for hold up if I dey cruise this moro
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by DjSwaga(m): 5:46pm On Mar 22, 2017
D woman behind u in ur dp

grin

Haryoryhemie:
BOOKED

ayam komin
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by slevin1(m): 6:23pm On Mar 22, 2017
AutoReportNG:
This definitely will be a good news for Lagosians who spent hours on Lekki, 3rd Mainland, Ikorodu Road etc, as the car you are waiting for has finally berthed. For regular commuters that know the pains of peak-hour traffic, it is something of a dream.

A car that has the ability to widen its base and rise up to a height that allows it to cruise over the top of other vehicles, eliminating any need to wait in line. Look no further than the Hum Rider – a Jeep Cherokee with hydraulic lifts built into the wheelbase.

Incredible car modification from Hum Rider means you will never have to sit in traffic again

Looks too good to be true, right?

That's because it is.

The Hum Rider is the result of a cleverly planned marketing scheme for Verizon Telematic’s Hum dongle, which adds diagnostics, road-side assistance, location and speed tracking and geo-fencing to your vehicle's computer.

Designed by marketing agency Thinkmodo, the hydraulic car is designed to represent the extraordinary driving experience the Hum dongle can provide users.

"In many respects, (the Hum Rider is) a bit of a metaphor, taking the ordinary driving experience and making it extraordinary," Verizon VP of Marketing Jay Jaffin told Mashable.

"Kind of what we’re illustrating with that crazy car that drives over cars."

Created with over 300 feet of hydraulic lines, the mechanism is powered by a single gas Honda generator, driving over 400 kg of pressure through the pipes to lift the car nine feet in the air.

The Hum Rider weighs a whopping 3,800 kg - also double the weight of a standard Jeep Grand Cherokee.

While it certainly is a shame this incredible feat of engineering is no more than a one-off marketing stunt, it is probably for the best.

If these things got out onto the roads,one can only fathom the kind of multi-levelled traffic chaos that would ensue.

Source

http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/03/see-hello-to-hum-x-car-lagosians-have.html

Watch the video below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZIi4-gHpj8

However this car wan take pass on top another car in naija, it better be clean cos if it so much as scratches the car, u go know say the driver dey vex say him no fit afford that car.

1 Like

Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by badtlimo(m): 6:34pm On Mar 22, 2017
will it be able to climb over danfo and brt buses
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by macuwon(m): 6:56pm On Mar 22, 2017
dfrost:

Oga you dey vex? cheesy angry Typical Lasgidi driver. Agidí pó

Lol I'll just be bending anyhow
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by dfrost: 9:10pm On Mar 22, 2017
macuwon:

Lol I'll just be bending anyhow

grin cheesy Abi o. Honestly I don't see the vehicle fitting into Lagos setting.

1 Like

Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by Nobody: 12:23am On Mar 23, 2017
Kenshinmunac:

Weiten u wan do about am if u see am they pass ur car?
I no go allow any car pass on top my car...as in wetin na?. I go just open door stand on top my car. let him come and pass
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by Fedeke(m): 8:11am On Mar 23, 2017
Trust Nigerians to do crazy things to prevent this car from passing over their roof top
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by SageNaruto(m): 7:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
New method for robbery oh!!!

**when parked beside a fence, na to jump enter the person house remain **

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The G-Wagon 2019 Already Spotted In Lagos / House-Boy Crashes Master's Car In Calabar (Photos) / Some Lagosians Park Their Cars At Shopping Malls Like These

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.