Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,994 members, 7,810,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Beware Of False Prophets! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beware Of False Prophets! (645 Views)

Take Heed Of False Prophecies! / Prophets Speaks On Cause Of Ebony’s Death, She Went For Juju (video) / 7 Traits Of False Teachers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of False Prophets! by CandidSeeker(m): 1:52pm On Mar 22, 2017
Yes, I said beware!

The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presses into it – Luke 16:16

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds – Hebrew 1:1-2

… I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come – John 16:13

Trust Nobody, Not Even Your Wife!
Trust ye not in a friend, put ye not confidence in a guide: keep the doors of thy mouth from her that lieth in thy bosom. – Micah 7:5

…Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited. Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is - Jer.17:5-8

Most prophets, ‘alfas’ & ‘babalawos’ are occultists who already have a pact with powers of the air (Epesians 2:2), marine and other sources. They only hide under religion to perpetrate evil.

They Trade With Souls of Men
… And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buys their merchandise any more: The merchandise of gold, and silver, … and oil,… and slaves, and souls of men. – Rev.18:11-13 (Also see Eze.13:18-21)

Some of them preach pain and magnify the devil and demons to create fear in people thereby attracting followers; While others like politicians preach gain by capitalizing on peoples greed and ignorance.

King Saul died because he did not keep the Word of The Lord & because he consulted a familiar spirit for guidance… So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to enquire of it; And enquired not of the LORD: therefore he slew him, and turned the kingdom unto David the son of Jesse. – 1 Chro.10:13-14

… Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help … but they look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek the LORD!- Isaiah.31:1

It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man - Psalm.118:8-9

SOLUTION WITHIN

Day unto day utters speech, and night unto night reveals knowledge – Pslams 19:2

… But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searches all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knows the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knows no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Ghost teaches; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned - 1Cor.2:9-14

Since God created you in HIS image, you need to know God, so you can know YOU.

…But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you – Jn 14:26

… And when you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But you, when you pray, enter into your closet, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father which is in secret; and your Father which sees in secret shall reward you openly. But when you pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knows what things you have need of, before ye ask him – Matt.6:5-8

So, how do you know HIM? – Live by Godly principles by having Godly relationships and taking Godly decisions.

...that ye might be filled with the knowledge of HIS WILL in ALL WISDOM and SPIRITUAL UNDERSTANDING; That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God - Col.1:9-10

Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory - Col.1:26-27

Solution to all our issues are within and around us through Godly attitude and effective time management.

… Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, ACCORDING TO THE POWER THAT WORKS IN US - Ephe.3:20

… But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwells in you - Rm.8:11.

…Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul - Heb.10:38-39

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee - Is.26:3

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me – John 15:4

The Grace of The Lord Jesus Christ, and The Love of God, and The Communion of The Holy Spirit, be with you all. Amen - 2Cor.13:14
Re: Beware Of False Prophets! by CandidSeeker(m): 11:56pm On Mar 23, 2017
What is worst than a wolf in sheep’s clothing;………… A wolf in shepherd’s clothing!

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect – Matt.24:24

The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof? – Jer.5:31

For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed - Is.9:16

And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. -Matt.24:11 – 13

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple - Rm.16:17-18

… But there were false prophets also among the people… who privily shall bring in damnable heresies … And many shall follow their pernicious ways; … And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you… 2Pet.2:1-6

…For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works - 2Cor.11:13-15

It’s either you have New Covenant Ministry, or ‘your own’ ministry!

When a man's ways please the LORD, he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him – Pr.16:7

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh - Apply Gal.5:16

The God And Solution You Go About Looking For Is Now Inside You!

God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwells not in temples made with hands - Acts.17:24-25 >>> Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are - 1Cor.3:16-17

...Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. …Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeks such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth - Jn 4:19-24

...Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them - Matt.18:19-20

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord - Col.3:16

This book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth; but you shall meditate therein day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then you shall MAKE YOUR WAY PROPEROUS, and then you shall have GOOD SUCCESS - Joshua.1:8

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart - Jer.29:11-13

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you – Luke 10:19

You must make this confession so as to be able to express the authority you have in Jesus Christ: I believe that Jesus Christ The Son of God died for me, and God raised Him from the dead. I confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is The Lord of my life from this day. I'm born again and now have ETERNAL LIFE through Him and His Name. Thank You Lord For Saving My Soul.

Continue to study your bibles prayerfully for divine enlightenment and revelations.

-Peace.
Re: Beware Of False Prophets! by CandidSeeker(m): 5:14pm On Mar 26, 2017
Grace To You All.
Re: Beware Of False Prophets! by CandidSeeker(m): 9:51pm On Apr 16, 2017
Glory.
Re: Beware Of False Prophets! by petra1(m): 5:04am On Apr 17, 2017
CandidSeeker:
Yes, I said beware!

The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presses into it – Luke 16:16

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds – Hebrew 1:1-2

… I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come – John 16:13

Trust Nobody, Not Even Your Wife!
Trust ye not in a friend, put ye not confidence in a guide: keep the doors of thy mouth from her that lieth in thy bosom. – Micah 7:5

…Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited. Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is - Jer.17:5-8

Most prophets, ‘alfas’ & ‘babalawos’ are occultists who already have a pact with powers of the air (Epesians 2:2), marine and other sources. They only hide under religion to perpetrate evil.

They Trade With Souls of Men
… And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buys their merchandise any more: The merchandise of gold, and silver, … and oil,… and slaves, and souls of men. – Rev.18:11-13 (Also see Eze.13:18-21)

Some of them preach pain and magnify the devil and demons to create fear in people thereby attracting followers; While others like politicians preach gain by capitalizing on peoples greed and ignorance.

King Saul died because he did not keep the Word of The Lord & because he consulted a familiar spirit for guidance… So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to enquire of it; And enquired not of the LORD: therefore he slew him, and turned the kingdom unto David the son of Jesse. – 1 Chro.10:13-14

… Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help … but they look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek the LORD!- Isaiah.31:1

It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man - Psalm.118:8-9

SOLUTION WITHIN

Day unto day utters speech, and night unto night reveals knowledge – Pslams 19:2

… But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searches all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knows the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knows no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Ghost teaches; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned - 1Cor.2:9-14

Since God created you in HIS image, you need to know God, so you can know YOU.

…But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you – Jn 14:26

… And when you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But you, when you pray, enter into your closet, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father which is in secret; and your Father which sees in secret shall reward you openly. But when you pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knows what things you have need of, before ye ask him – Matt.6:5-8

So, how do you know HIM? – Live by Godly principles by having Godly relationships and taking Godly decisions.

...that ye might be filled with the knowledge of HIS WILL in ALL WISDOM and SPIRITUAL UNDERSTANDING; That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God - Col.1:9-10

Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory - Col.1:26-27

Solution to all our issues are within and around us through Godly attitude and effective time management.

… Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, ACCORDING TO THE POWER THAT WORKS IN US - Ephe.3:20

… But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwells in you - Rm.8:11.

…Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul - Heb.10:38-39

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee - Is.26:3

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me – John 15:4

The Grace of The Lord Jesus Christ, and The Love of God, and The Communion of The Holy Spirit, be with you all. Amen - 2Cor.13:14
Your title is misleading . You're saying we shoukd beware of prophets yet you are quoting prophetic writings . It should rather have been to beware of false prophets . When you say to beware of prophets you're invariably attacking the prophetic ministry and despising the office . That's unscriptural .

1 Thessalonians 5:20
20 Despise not prophesyings.

Ministry of the prophetic is major part in the New Testament

Ephesians 4:11
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Re: Beware Of False Prophets! by CandidSeeker(m): 11:22am On Apr 17, 2017
petra1:

Your title is misleading . You're saying we shoukd beware of prophets yet you are quoting prophetic writings . It should rather have been to beware of false prophets . When you say to beware of prophets you're invariably attacking the prophetic ministry and despising the office . That's unscriptural .

1 Thessalonians 5:20
20 Despise not prophesyings.

Ministry of the prophetic is major part in the New Testament

Modified.

Gracias.

(1) (Reply)

Re:the Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It Via Texts On Friday / What Was Methuselah Doing For 969 Years Without Electricity And Data ..?? / VID:I Have HIV, Had Sex With Several Men– Male Prostitute Confesses To TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.