Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Time To Help Amodu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Time To Help Amodu (1056 Views)

Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu / Amodu Blasts His Critics / Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time To Help Amodu by bennie1980(m): 4:03pm On Dec 21, 2009
I have been following with keen interest,the criticms that have trailed Amodu's Super Eagles (or Amodu himself) and realize that we are all getting it wrong. This is the time to channel our efforts positively at getting all foreign born Nigerian players to commit their international football career to Nigeria. Gabby Agbhonlahor, Victor Moses, Nedum Onuoha, Denis Aogo, Chinedu Ede, Stephano Okaka, Angelio Ogbonna, Carl Ikeme, Eke Uzoma, Carlton Cole, Patrick Owomoyela, Matt Murray ,Shola Ameobi and many more accross the wolrd would all provide the necessary competition for shirts which is lacking in the present team.

Getting these players is attractive now especially when the Super Eagles have qualified for the 2010 World Cup and the possibility of most of these players being overlooked by their adopted countries. Achieving this is very simple if the Presidential Task Force could delegate the task to John Fashanu, Austin Okocha, Daniel Amokachi and Ugo Ehiogu to go after these players and getting them to play for Nigeria. These ex-players are held in high esteem and understand the mentality of the targeted players.The manner in which John Fashanu and Ugo Ehiogu were treated by England would be a good lesson to the players and would help in convincing them to have a change of mind towards playing for Nigeria while Austin Okocha would use his glorious and eventful stay in England to getting these players on board.

I am imploring the Press to shift attention to getting these players and many more for the Super Eagles and ease Amodu's job of presenting a formidable team at the South Africa 2010 World Cup. A country like Ghana is making frantic efforts in getting players in this category to play for the Black Stars despite having a better team than ours. Also,the goal that took Algeria to 2010 World Cup in South Africa was scored by an ex- France Under 21 player who switched allegiance to Algeria .

The inclusion of these players would help Amodu to get it right at the World Cup and we shall be on the path of glory in international football again. This is not a time to castigate the man who has done a good job of qualifying us for the World Cup after we painfully missed out to Angola in 2006 edition in Germany. Please, let us get behind him!

Long Live Nigeria!

Thanks.
Re: Time To Help Amodu by 9ijaprince(m): 5:23pm On Dec 21, 2009
Some of these players have played for their adopted countries senior teams.
Re: Time To Help Amodu by bennie1980(m): 9:00am On Dec 22, 2009
The new FIFA rule allows players who have played for adopted countries to switch allegiance to their original countries.
Re: Time To Help Amodu by deb(m): 9:51pm On Dec 22, 2009
Amodu is not wise enough to include those great players you mentioned. I doubt if he knows that some of them
even exists.

I am more impressed at the following people that you listed; Carlton Cole, Agbonlahor and Stephano Okaka
Those are players that will make Super Eagles really compact.
Re: Time To Help Amodu by mamagee3(f): 1:22am On Dec 23, 2009
*Yawns,turns off the light and goes to sleep*
I'll wake up when Amodu gives us a reasonable theory
. tongue
Re: Time To Help Amodu by Sagamite(m): 12:09pm On Dec 26, 2009
deb:

Amodu is not wise enough to include those great players you mentioned. I doubt if he knows that some of them
even exists.

I am more impressed at the following people that you listed; Carlton Cole, Agbonlahor and Stephano Okaka
Those are players that will make Super Eagles really compact.

Gabby Agbhonlahor, Victor Moses, Nedum Onuoha, Denis Aogo, Chinedu Ede, Stephano Okaka, Angelio Ogbonna, Carl Ikeme, Eke Uzoma, Carlton Cole, Patrick Owomoyela, Matt Murray and Shola Ameobi are great players?

You do not even realise that Agbonlahor and Owomoyela have been capped by other national teams, hence can not play for SE?

Please don't let me see you here commenting about football again, OK?
Re: Time To Help Amodu by ow11(m): 5:32pm On Dec 26, 2009
Sagamite:

Gabby Agbhonlahor, Victor Moses, Nedum Onuoha, Denis Aogo, Chinedu Ede, Stephano Okaka, Angelio Ogbonna, Carl Ikeme, Eke Uzoma, Carlton Cole, Patrick Owomoyela, Matt Murray and Shola Ameobi are great players?

You do not even realise that Agbonlahor and Owomoyela have been capped by other national teams, hence can not play for SE?

Granted the list is filled with average players, I would like to see Angelo Ogbonna, Nedum Onuoha, Victor Moses and Dennis Aogo in the SE. If they can't cut it, they'll be dropped.

There are rumours going round of Ogbonna and Moses joining Arsenal and Liverpool respectively. One is a Left back and the other a Left winger which we do need at this point to keep our TT in line.

It would be great to sample them to see what they have instead of inviting Eneramo and Nwaneri to the SE.
Re: Time To Help Amodu by akinalabi(m): 6:11pm On Dec 26, 2009
bennie1980:

The new FIFA rule allows players who have played for adopted countries to switch allegiance to their original countries.

Stop mis informing.

You have access to the Internet. Do some research.
Re: Time To Help Amodu by Sagamite(m): 6:15pm On Dec 26, 2009
ow11:

Granted the list is filled with average players, I would like to see Angelo Ogbonna, Nedum Onuoha, Victor Moses and Dennis Aogo in the SE. If they can't cut it, they'll be dropped.

There are rumours going round of Ogbonna and Moses joining Arsenal and Liverpool respectively. One is a Left back and the other a Left winger which we do need at this point to keep our TT in line.

It would be great to sample them to see what they have instead of inviting Eneramo and Nwaneri to the SE.

Nigeria might have players lacking star quality at the moment, but it is not yet that bad.

Let Ogbonna and Moses be regulars in better teams or let them come and play in Nigerian youth teams before we consider them SE material.

We are really not at the level of inviting anybody (especially kids) with the slightest Nigerian link to our national team anymore.

At least Enaramo is proven in the Tunisian League. Nwaneri is proven in the Nigerian, Tunisian and Swiss Leagues.

Aogo, Yes. Nedum, maybe.
Re: Time To Help Amodu by supereagle(m): 4:52am On Dec 28, 2009
Many of so called foreign players prefer to wear the national colors of their adopted countries. Some have been given invitations in the time past which they snubbed. Just forget about them. Many of them did not grow up here, hence it will be hard for them to switch allegiance. Amodu tried to talk to some of them in Germany, they ignored the call.
Re: Time To Help Amodu by deb(m): 5:34pm On Dec 28, 2009

How could you conclude that I do not know that they have been capped by their other national teams?
Assumption is the lowest level of reasoning. I won't say more.

Dare me!

Here are links to prove you right:

1. http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1679/us-national-team/2009/07/29/1409825/gulati-ready-to-work-the-system-on-nationality-switches

2. http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/fifaworldcup/blog/2009/12/new-fifa-rule-means-players-freely-switching-allegiances.html

Sagamite, I know your next question on Agbonlahor and Owomonyela so don't even bother to ask because I won't answer you grin grin grin
I have dignified you enough cheesy
Re: Time To Help Amodu by bennie1980(m): 6:19pm On Dec 28, 2009
Deb,

Thanks for providing where forumites could read about new FIFA rule of players switiching allegiance.
Re: Time To Help Amodu by bennie1980(m): 6:25pm On Dec 28, 2009
I read that Marvin Ogunjimi an offensive midfielder with RKC Waalwijk in Belgian League is planning to play for Super Eagles too.
Re: Time To Help Amodu by ow11(m): 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2009
deb:

How could you conclude that I do not know that they have been capped by their other national teams?

Dare me!

Here are links to prove you right:

1. http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1679/us-national-team/2009/07/29/1409825/gulati-ready-to-work-the-system-on-nationality-switches

2. http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/fifaworldcup/blog/2009/12/new-fifa-rule-means-players-freely-switching-allegiances.html

Sagamite, I know your next question on Agbonlahor and Owomonyela so don't even bother to ask because I won't answer you grin grin grin
I have dignified you enough cheesy

I think Agbonlahor is gone. Owomoyela maybe?

Players may now switch national teams at any age as long as they have not featured in an competitive FIFA match. USSF president Sunil Gulati is set to take full advantage of the rule change.

Agbonlahor played in a 2010 FIFA world cup qualifying game for England against Belarus
Re: Time To Help Amodu by Sagamite(m): 2:13pm On Dec 29, 2009
deb:

So why did you daftly include them as some of the "great" players for Amodu to invite?

Is that lowest level reasoning or just no reasoning?

Engage your brain!!!
Re: Time To Help Amodu by Katsumoto: 4:43pm On Dec 29, 2009
Sagamite:

So why did you daftly include them as some of the "great" players for Amodu to invite?

Engage your brain!!!

Please tone down your condescending attitude. Granted they may not be great players to you but that shouldn't mean that can not be great players to someone else. For the record, I agree that they are not great players but this is a public forum; lets be courteous to one another.
Re: Time To Help Amodu by deb(m): 3:43pm On Dec 30, 2009

Engage your brain!!!
@Sagamite
With the above statement I think fellow Nairalanders can tell the one who is a daft and that person is clearly you.
Thanks for proving it to us. I refuse to honor you with any more words

Please tone down your condescending attitude. Granted they may not be great players to you but that shouldn't mean that can not be great players to someone else. For the record, I agree that they are not great players but this is a public forum; lets be courteous to one another.

I'm glad there are reasonable people on the thread who respect the opinion of others.

(1) (Reply)

*********** / Tear-soaked FIFA Team Buses Up For Sale / Who Is Nigeria's Worst Midfielder Ever?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.