Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) (66393 Views)

Lizzy Evoeme Is Dead! Ovularia Of New Masquerade Dies (Rumours) / Davido Remembers His Mother, Veronica Adeleke, 16 Years After Her Death (Photo) / Veronica Adeleke: Davido’s Mother Committed Suicide – Kemi Olunloyo Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by martineverest(m): 9:59pm On Mar 22, 2017
azimibraun:
My mum was your biggest, fan, she died 10 months ago and my dad another fan died on Friday. They both loved you Lady Ramota. Rest in peace all three of you. Some day we all breathing today will join you in heaven. I pray you lived for it.
my sympathy
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by dunkem21(m): 10:02pm On Mar 22, 2017
luvinhubby:
Claude Eke - Jegede. RIP
Christy Essien Igbokwe - Akpeno RIP
Romanus Amuta - Natty RIP
James Iroha - Gringory. RIP
Vero Njoku - Ramota. RIP

What of Claruis?
RIP Ramota.
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by Beetwaise(m): 10:02pm On Mar 22, 2017
buchilino:

cheesy, NWANNA U NOT WELL AT ALL

Lol.....onye oma, my hands are clean though.
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by tabaski: 10:03pm On Mar 22, 2017
porshuch:
Chai! Jegede shokoya's wife. She p played an interesting character then. I never knew she was igbo, she really interpreted her character well as a typical Yoruba woman. May her soul rest in p peace. Amen
Never knew she was igbo. RIP Ramota Aya jegede shokoya alias 40\30
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by buchilino(m): 10:06pm On Mar 22, 2017
Beetwaise:

Lol.....onye oma, my hands are clean though.

grin BADMAN
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by Omoluabi16(m): 10:08pm On Mar 22, 2017
Wow. So she was igbo? Never knew.even Jegede shokoya was also igbo. And they got their mannerisms perfectly. She has done her part here on earth. May her soul rest in peace.

The indomie generation would not know this woman. lol
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by seunlly(m): 10:10pm On Mar 22, 2017
cry
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by luvinhubby(m): 10:11pm On Mar 22, 2017
Mortiple:

Earlier on during the weekend, there were reports that veteran actor Romanus Amuta was dead, that he passed on early morning on Saturday. I had also blogged the story but thankfully, it has been confirmed false. Same day the story broke, AGN president, Ibinabo Fiberesima had visited the veteran actor at home and she says he’s very fine and well and responding to treatment.

He is currently a blind clergyman.
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by AngelicBeing: 10:12pm On Mar 22, 2017
Ngokafor:

..You and this your cane grin cheesy grin...you don flog shege comot for people bodi...Nairalanders and politicians alike.

...@post...eyahh Ramota Rip!!..You and Ovularia were my Mom's favourite in New Masquerade then....*sighs*..wife of Dr,Prince Jegede Shokoya,the grandson of idi-araba,son of the soil and by the Grace of God,the only young millionaire in the whole universe grin

Yes oo, some comments deserve serious lashes and l go with my cane all the time to flog sense into some members tongue, l have been contracted by the forum to flog both politicians and useless comments wink @ topic, new masquerade was one of my favorites when NTA was NTA, Rip to all of them, how was your day?

1 Like

Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by Ngokafor(f): 10:16pm On Mar 22, 2017
AngelicBeing:

Yes oo, some comments deserve serious lashes and l go with my cane all the time to flog sense into some members tongue, l have been contracted by the forum to flog both politicians and useless comments wink @ topic, new masquerade was one of my favorites when NTA was NTA, Rip to all of them, how was your day?

...Okay but stressfu thanksl...hope yours was good....
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by AngelicBeing: 10:18pm On Mar 22, 2017
Ngokafor:

...Okay but stressfu thanksl...hope yours was good....
Lol @ stressful, l understand with the useless politicians in Nigeria that are clueless, feeding fat while the masses are suffering, my day was good, having a drink before l go to bed tongue
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 22, 2017
She was one of the best actresses them days, not these days these so called nolyhood attention seeking, low self esteemed untalented, Gold digging hoes claiming to be actresses.
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by ahamonyeka(m): 10:24pm On Mar 22, 2017
Ramotu the wife of shief jegede shokoya.

Those indomie generation will not know her.
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by itzCnote: 10:30pm On Mar 22, 2017
even biliki of clinic matters is igbo I think her name is Mary ogbonna .
meanwhile Rip ma
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by Ddy(m): 10:30pm On Mar 22, 2017
FengChui:
Hi guys. I am so happy and proud of myself and I
thought I should share this with you!!! Today I saw
myself on TV, when I turned it off

Gwale Igbo working slowly
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by kakaG: 10:33pm On Mar 22, 2017
FengChui:

Oshogbo weed with plenty huge seeds talking grin
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by excel101(m): 10:37pm On Mar 22, 2017
This na Jegede Shokoya woman nah.
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by morningsta(m): 10:42pm On Mar 22, 2017
Rest in peace madam Ramota (Veronica) at the bossom of our Lord Jesus till we meet to part no more. You and your crew put a lot of smiles on the faces of Nigerians. You will not be forgotten.
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by Josmila(m): 11:06pm On Mar 22, 2017
luvinhubby:
Claude Eke - Jegede. RIP

Christy Essien Igbokwe - Akpeno RIP

Romanus Amuta - Natty RIP

James Iroha - Gringory. RIP

Vero Njoku - Ramota. RIP

Zebrudayah and Ovuleria are the last men standing
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 22, 2017
RIP ma'am.
May your good works lives on.
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by aribisala0(m): 11:14pm On Mar 22, 2017
porshuch:
Chai! Jegede shokoya's wife. She p played an interesting character then. I never knew she was igbo, she really interpreted her character well as a typical Yoruba woman. May her soul rest in p peace. Amen
not sure interpreting is the right term though. Obviously she grew up in the west like Jegede and they both spoke Yoruba at a very high level. Culturally they were both Yoruba and did not have much interpreting to do. Before her Christy Essien Igbokwe played Jegede'so wife and she was even better in my opinion,many would be too young to remember. In those days there was no twitter and so we never knew why she left so abruptly to be replaced by Ramota

I wonder whether they spoke their own languages as well
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by bubu2019: 11:30pm On Mar 22, 2017
FengChui:
EWU HAUSA.BURUBA SHEGE
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 22, 2017
harriet412:
Am lost here...don't know her or her movies .

Rip ma'am.

Was an actress in "The New Masquerade'...a popular TV show (comedy) in the 1980's and early 1990's.

Here is a taste of her in action...on the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMwGNFrzQsE
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 22, 2017
Omoluabi16:
Wow. So she was igbo? Never knew.even Jegede shokoya was also igbo. And they got their mannerisms perfectly. She has done her part here on earth. May her soul rest in peace.

The indomie generation would not know this woman. lol

Claude Eke, aka Jegede Shokoya was born in Ibadan, and was fluent in Yoruba.
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by Queenserah26(f): 11:51pm On Mar 22, 2017
Awwwn, sleep on ma
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by Omoluabi16(m): 1:50am On Mar 23, 2017
9jakohai:

Claude Eke, aka Jegede Shokoya was born in Ibadan, and was fluent in Yoruba.
nice one bro. I guess he's late now?
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by Nobody: 4:10am On Mar 23, 2017
Omoluabi16:
nice one bro. I guess he's late now?

Yes he is, sadly.
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by LANDLORD72: 5:36am On Mar 23, 2017
RIp may her soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade) by chimauga(m): 5:42am On Mar 23, 2017
RIP
God keep zebrudaya alife ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide / "Regina Daniels Is My 5th Wife, Not 6th" — Ned Nwoko / Cossy Orjiakor Totally Covered Up (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.