Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Top Ten Things You Should Know If You Have Never Travelled From Imo To Lagos - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top Ten Things You Should Know If You Have Never Travelled From Imo To Lagos (37007 Views)

How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? / "See What Somebody Did To Me" - Nigerian Man Who Travelled To Europe. Photos / Have Never Travelled Out Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Things You Should Know If You Have Never Travelled From Imo To Lagos by itzCnote: 9:30pm On Mar 22, 2017
at the mention of Rima bread .....................you know the rest.
Re: Top Ten Things You Should Know If You Have Never Travelled From Imo To Lagos by ezychris(m): 9:49pm On Mar 22, 2017
Tazdroid:
Hmmm, fascinating.

Great job Op, you must be a human map grin

No. 4 gives one quite a scare

Bro please help me add the Source of the topic to your comment. I forgot to do that earlier and now I can't edit the post.

http://www.ezydanielsblog.com/2017/03/top-ten-things-you-should-know-if-you.html?m=1

Also visit and comment. Thanks
Re: Top Ten Things You Should Know If You Have Never Travelled From Imo To Lagos by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 22, 2017
The bus will also stop at Ore for the passengers to eat.

I prefer God is Good motors.
Re: Top Ten Things You Should Know If You Have Never Travelled From Imo To Lagos by thinkative: 10:33pm On Mar 22, 2017
OP, how did you guys get to Ogun state from ondo without going through Oyo/Osun states? I'm confused
Re: Top Ten Things You Should Know If You Have Never Travelled From Imo To Lagos by Tazdroid(m): 11:22pm On Mar 22, 2017
ezychris:

Bro please help me add the Source of the topic to your comment. I forgot to do that earlier and now I can't edit the post.

http://www.ezydanielsblog.com/2017/03/top-ten-things-you-should-know-if-you.html?m=1

Also visit and comment. Thanks
Done
Re: Top Ten Things You Should Know If You Have Never Travelled From Imo To Lagos by shhladyj(f): 11:55pm On Mar 22, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:
What then do the indigenes of Anambra and delta sell?
Anambra sells chinchin, okpa nd bread
Re: Top Ten Things You Should Know If You Have Never Travelled From Imo To Lagos by cooljude(m): 12:34am On Mar 23, 2017
maigida511:
You are going to Imo tru Ondo and you aint going tru Oyo? Am I missing sumtin??

You've never used that route, if you had you wouldn't be asking this. The Answer is simply yes. you move from lagos to Ogun to ondo to Edo to delta to Anambra to IMO.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Things You Should Know If You Have Never Travelled From Imo To Lagos by cooljude(m): 12:37am On Mar 23, 2017
thinkative:
OP, how did you guys get to Ogun state from ondo without going through Oyo/Osun states? I'm confused

You go through Ore leading to Ijebu ode
Re: Top Ten Things You Should Know If You Have Never Travelled From Imo To Lagos by africahsegroup: 1:57am On Mar 23, 2017
ezychris:

Hahahahahahahaha... My bro you see the last two rows of seats in a Toyota Hiace? Fear it like a demon while you want to travel through Ogun State.

Modified

Please visit the source, comment and subscribe : http://www.ezydanielsblog.com/2017/03/top-ten-things-you-should-know-if-you.html?m=1

Dear Nairalanders,

We can prevent these potholes causing loss of precious Nigerian lives and those across Africa alike.

There are recommended effective solutions that can be found in the link below:

http://blog.africahsegroup.com/848-2/

There are other Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) solutions that can be found in that blog. Click and find out. You wont regret doing so.

Regards,

Africa HSE Group
Re: Top Ten Things You Should Know If You Have Never Travelled From Imo To Lagos by Dareomo(m): 5:24am On Mar 23, 2017
Good
Re: Top Ten Things You Should Know If You Have Never Travelled From Imo To Lagos by ezychris(m): 5:54am On Mar 23, 2017
Tazdroid:
Done
Thanks bro. God bless
Re: Top Ten Things You Should Know If You Have Never Travelled From Imo To Lagos by Nobody: 6:41am On Mar 23, 2017
Op you didnt mention that once you pass Asaba, you begin to see dirty and ugly houses down to lagos...
Re: Top Ten Things You Should Know If You Have Never Travelled From Imo To Lagos by osita76(m): 1:28pm On Mar 23, 2017
ezychris:
I was opportune to make a business visit to my land of birth and hood, Lagos State, last week and to be honest I saw so many changes along the Federal highway which I thought would be cool if I shared them and definitely individuals who have never navigated that highway would know some few things about the highway that connects the South-East to the South-West.

Below are top ten things in no special order you should know about the highway that connects Imo state and Lagos State.

1. In order to travel from Imo state to Lagos State by land, you have to drive through five(5) states which are Anambra, Delta, Edo, Ondo and Ogun states.

2. Anambra, Delta, Edo, Ondo and Lagos States have very good federal highway. I could literally count the number of little potholes in Edo state and Anambra state as I saw none in the rest of the above mentioned states.

3. There are over 20 mini bridges from Lagos to Imo and back.

4. There are Cattle Breeders/Fulani herdsmen in all of the states especially in Asaba, Delta State.

5. Anambra and Delta states have good landscape and palm trees, the highway cutting through their busiest cities Onitsha and Asaba respectively. They also share the Niger bridge.

6. Once you see yellow bags of garri and the top tied into the shape of a cone and palm oil in 5-10l plastic cans, just know you are in Edo state.
Please while coming to Imo state from Lagos, make sure you buy "Benin bread". If you have an encounter with this bread, you will agree with me that Agege bread is still having "L" hanging on its neck.

7. Indigenes of Delta State sell yams, palm oil and bags of garri by the highway but unlike the Edos, their garri remains untied.

8. Ondo state is blessed with rocks, as in be it smooth or sharp edged rocks, a very beautiful landscape and enough trees. Very wonderful roads worth being the best of all states, very clean and clear markings on the road but no beautification of the roadside.

9. Ogun State has a lot of huge trees, bush meats and is the home of mortar and pestle. It has the worst road on the highway. There is a place in Ogun State where you can't drive 2m without encountering a pothole.

10. Lasgidi has the busiest of the highway and once you come into Lagos State, there is a different smell altogether, a polluted smell to be precise.

So there you have it. Add yours if you've navigated that highway.

Along the road something of this nature gives all travelers passing through joy but where exactly is this beautiful city if I may ask

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) / Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit / 15 Most Dangerous Roads Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.