Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,110 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes (2218 Views)

Governor Ikpeazu Commences Fumigation Of Public Places In Abia (Photos) / Bill Gates Reveals Why He Really, Really Hates Mosquitoes / Mosquitoes Are Our Friends, Stop Killing Them - UNILORIN Professor Decries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by tosyne2much(m): 6:05pm On Mar 22, 2017
[quote] Although, Lagos is generally a place that is dominated by mosquitoes but some places are notorious than others especially when it has to do with the dominance of mosquitoes in the environment, which is usually caused by bad drainage system, inappropriate canal locations, dirtiness on the part of the residents, bushes, etc.

All these things have negative effects in our health as they attract mosquitoes and other diseases.

You might want to the places in Lagos that are highly dominated by unbearable mosquitoes, kindly read along with me as I mention them.

1. Mushin

Mushin is largely a notorious and congested residential area with inadequate sanitation and low-quality housing. However, lack of constant sanitation, dumping of refuse at inappropriate places and lack of good drainage have turned this area to a place where mosquitoes decided the fate of the people whether to live or not. The mosquitoes in areas like Idi-Oro, and Akala can withstand any insecticide even if it's imported from China or India

2. Ejigbo

Tosyne2much can relate to this when residents of rant about mosquitoes because I grew up in this untidy part of Lagos where people spend half of their salaries on otapiapia, mosquito coil and nets. Their headquarters are Oke Afa, Oboye, Lafenwa, Agboole, etc. As funny as it sounds, the mosquitoes in my house feed on bread, gala, egg roll, pepper soup, in the absence of no one to feed on.

3. Isolo/Okota

I decided to merge these two places because they're undoubtedly one of the worst places one can ever live in Lagos considering the fact that it's very untidy and rough. Those who live in this environment are already invulnerable to mosquito bites and heat that they really don't care whether doors and windows are shut or open, and this is because they see mosquitoes as part of their family members. These are people that can survive in hell fire

4. Ebute Metta

Each time residents of Ebute Meta complain about how mosquitoes frustrate their lives and don't give them peace of mind, I used to think it was an exaggeration not until I passed a night at a friend's place. In fact, I have never experienced such mosquitoes attack in my life. While I was clapping my hands at intervals and was wailing, my friend was comfortably snoring because his body system has already developed resistance against them. That was the last time I ever stepped my feet there.

5. Igando

Those who live in Lasu road, Ojo refuse area, Afolabi, etc. will agree with me that the mosquitoes in these area hover around like helicopters and are ready to feed on anyone that doesn't take safety precautions against them. I have seen cases when new occupants collected back their rents from their landlords and relocated to other areas.

6. Lekki

Lekki is a place that has a rich heritage in Lagos. It has a swampy island filled with mosquitoes with little no mercy. Those who live comfortably don't know about this because they're able to curb the menace of mosquitoes attack by regularly fumigating their environment with insecticide while some even use electrical mosquitoes repellant.

7. Ikorodu

Ikorodu is located along the Lagos Lagoon and shares a boundary with Ogun State. Ikorodu is not really an untidy environment per se, but I don't know why mosquitoes have found their ways to that environment to frustrate the lives of innocent civilians. When a thief is caught in places like Igbogbo, there's no point beating him, let them strip him unclad and tie both his hands and legs and then leave him to mosquitoes. I (Tosyne2much) can bet my life that he will not survive the night.

8. Ajegunle

This is also a place in Lagos where lunatic mosquitoes dominate. The mosquitoes in this area are capable of relegating one to six feel if given any slight opportunity. This reminds me when a friend told me he wanted to consider relocating because it was so worse that each time he wanted to make love to his wife, they would both wrap themselves under the bed sheet because mosquitoes no go let them enjoy the bleeping at all

9. Oshodi

I don't think Oshodi needs introduction to any Lagosian that it's arguably the busiest bus stop in Lagos where refuse and public transport are scattered almost everywhere. Even Babatunde Fashola had to intervene in flushing out dirtiness in Oshodi. This area is highly dominated by mosquitoes expecially in core area like under bridge, where both market women and pedestrian pee and deposit their faeces.

10. Orile

I count this place as part of mosquitoes dominated environment in Lagos not because it has a very high population with most of them being the middle class and the poor, but because the larger part of Orile is usually littered with waste material and thrashes. I remember writing my junior WAEC in Orile where mosquitoes battered me even in the exam hall

I drop my pen at this juncture

Thanks for reading

Feel free to add yours

Original Writer: Chief Toysne2much

Source: http://www.tosyne2much.com/2017/03/10-places-in-lagos-that-are-highly.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by vizkiz: 6:06pm On Mar 22, 2017
Those mosquitoes in ikorodu are wild animals. If I see a snake and those mosquitoes about to suck me, I will rather kill the mosquitoes first (True story)

Especially those living in developing areas in ikorodu even raid don't work on them they have gas masks cry

First time in my life I realize mosquitoes are always active at 1pm. cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by wristbangle: 6:07pm On Mar 22, 2017
E be like say OP never experience mosquito bite for okokomaiko, Ijora olopa/badia, dosunmu, ketu garage and ojota refuse area before. Those ones bite worse pass lucien bite for the originals.

They bite your flesh and bone together without mercy. The funny thing is no matter how fast you try to kill them, they zoom off like super man and continue from that same spot of bite when they land on your skin again. Wicked things. sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by Mediapace: 6:08pm On Mar 22, 2017
Incase you don't know,not all mosquitoes bite cheesy and not all mosquitoes make noise cool unfortunately the ones that make noise are the one you kill but it is the female ones that doesn't make noise bite! Male(Culicidae) don't need your blood

The female mosquito(anopheles) is the one that bites (males feed on flower nectar). She requires blood to produce eggs. Her mouthparts are constructed so that they pierce the skin, literally sucking the blood out. Her saliva lubricates the opening once she's had her fill of blood, she'll rest for a couple of days before laying her eggs which means thesame mosquito that bite you yesterday is not thesame one biting you today

1 Like

Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by Epositive(m): 6:08pm On Mar 22, 2017
melodious creatures cheesy tongue cheesy tongue
Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 22, 2017
Nice one op......kudos to u.

The Op and 10 things be like 5&6.....someone should help me with that zuma picture.Please who gave you that chief title.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by McBrooklyn(m): 6:10pm On Mar 22, 2017
THE MOSQUITOES...

I have been thinking about something lately. If a mosquito bites you through the night, please don't kill it, it has your blood running in its vein and should then be considered as a member of your family.

Seriously! if you quarrel with your brother or sister, you always resolve it in ways other than killing each other, right?? undecided

I'm in my house, come and beat me... tongue

3 Likes

Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by BiafranBushBoy: 6:28pm On Mar 22, 2017
Bad list!!!

I stay at Isolo, and it is almost as expensive like Ikeja.

Ask about the cost of house rent @/Ajao Estate.

You will know what I mean!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by Homeboiy: 6:39pm On Mar 22, 2017
wetin concern me. I dont live in lag
bt the one's wey dey benin city get Phd for biting n sucking

1 Like

Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by decatalyst(m): 6:40pm On Mar 22, 2017
McBrooklyn:
THE MOSQUITOES...

I have been thinking about something lately. If a mosquito bites you through the night, please don't kill it, it has your blood running in its vein and should then be considered as a member of your family.

Seriously! if you quarrel with your brother or sister, you always resolve it in ways other than killing each other, right?? undecided

I'm in my house, come and beat me... tongue

3 Likes

Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by ojun50(m): 6:41pm On Mar 22, 2017
U no add almighty Agege
Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by McBrooklyn(m): 6:47pm On Mar 22, 2017
decatalyst:

Oga, I will appreciate it if you don't _fucking use this meme on me next time... You feel me?? undecided

I'm _fucking serious... angry
Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by waxxydude: 7:00pm On Mar 22, 2017
My guy go enter Agaye for inside Ijeododo-Ijegun. Those terrorist (mosquitoes) are developed to withstand the wind against them. As even ontop bike with high speed dem dey suck like who wey conji hold for 50years come catch fresh brezz.

Even when you triple your jet, dem go use mouth enter am like needle finish you, ontop your sweat. They wild pass the mumu reptiles for the area.

Sunfly ko? omo if you see as i take escape that zone like a thief in the night.
Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by tosyne2much(m): 7:10pm On Mar 22, 2017
waxxydude:
My guy go enter Agaye for inside Ijeododo-Ijegun. Those terrorist (mosquitoes) are developed to withstand the wind against them. As even ontop bike with high speed dem dey suck like who wey conji hold for 50years come caught fresh brezz.

Even when you triple your jet, dem us mouth enter am like needle finish you. They wild pass the mumu reptiles for the area.

Sunfly ko? omo if you see as i take escape that zone like a thief in the night.
Hahaha.. Laugh was finish me ooo cheesy cheesy

Mosquitoes wey dey bite person on top okada wey dey full speed cheesy
Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by Nickymezor(f): 7:14pm On Mar 22, 2017
So true
Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by waxxydude: 7:35pm On Mar 22, 2017
tosyne2much:
Hahaha.. Laugh was finish me ooo cheesy cheesy

Mosquitoes wey dey bite person on top okada wey dey full speed cheesy
Nigga for gathering like this na only me go dey slap body, scratch head, won use hand tear balls comot from boxer, like say i don dey marlo. The matter plenty.

Worse be say i come fair, those things handle me finish i come dey resemble leopard.

And the snakes & aligators wey suppose be the main wild anima come gentle, if dem see you dem go tear mad race, because of kind horroific way those people dey take kill their brothers.

Them nor dey hunt na only to take fresh breeze then go inside.
Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by AyamConfidence(m): 10:42pm On Mar 22, 2017
Mehn as I'm typing now sef mosquito dey make noise around my head...my house dey near swamp so it's quite understandable

Even when I spend nights away from home and my host dey flit house like say heaven wan fall I go just dey laugh cos even mosquito bite no dey pain me again... Nothing wey man never suffer

O.P you for add Osborne phase II.....I almost fainted the one night I spent there...I had to use sack bag cover body like deadbody...they still bite me through the sack...come see prayer for daybreak to come

1 Like

Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by Urbanoversabi(m): 12:49am On Mar 23, 2017
I was shocked at seeing Lekki on the list. Really upon all their #sprinsprin undecided
Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by amzee(m): 5:27am On Mar 23, 2017
Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by amzee(m): 5:28am On Mar 23, 2017
Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by Precious91(m): 7:08am On Mar 23, 2017
abegi,you people no go use laugh kill person.Some mosquitoes bad sha
Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 23, 2017
Ebutte- Meta mosquitoes are just vampiric demons greatly reduced

Imagine mosquitoes that suck your blood so much you don't even notice again.

If you're lucky to catch one with the usual self-inflicting slaps; it'll smear blood on your skin.
Like, real blood.

The most painful thing is when you spray the entire room, close the door and go out for a while;
Come back and quickly roll under the mosquito net to avoid any "contamination"............

And still hear the damn mosquito buzzing at your ears angryangry cry

2 Likes

Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by ikorodureporta: 7:29am On Mar 24, 2017
Sorry, there are no mosquitoes in ikorodu. I neva flit house for more than a year.
Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by Urbanoversabi(m): 11:10am On Mar 24, 2017
ikorodureporta:
Sorry, there are no mosquitoes in ikorodu. I neva flit house for more than a year.
Abi you don host round table Peace talk meeting with them undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by bqlekan(m): 10:50pm On Apr 03, 2017
Ajah should be top on the list..

1 Like

Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by Kalatium(m): 12:29am On Apr 04, 2017
Nigerian mosquitoes have huge teeth
Re: 10 Places In Lagos That Are Highly Dominated By Unbearable Mosquitoes by Bmedels26(f): 10:59am On Nov 14, 2017
DEFEND Your self from does Demonic Mosquitoes in your area and make money Reselling

HOW TO MAKE N400,000 MONTHLY INCOME RESELLING THE MOSQUITOE NET TENT
The scourge of malaria disease caused by mosquito bite, over the years has created enormous product opportunities for its prevention and cure. One of such products invented by man to prevent mosquito bite is the popular treated mosquito net. The mosquito net is a common feature in virtually every home all across the world. World Health Organization, NGOs and global governments are actively involved in the free distribution of mosquito net to families in order to ameliorate the malaria epidemics. This paints a graphic picture of the global demand and market potential for mosquito tents
THE ADVANTAGES OF THE MOSQUITO NET TENT OVER THE ORDINARY NET
1. The ordinary net is cumbersome to set up. You have to put some nails on the wall, arrange your bed and then begin to tie the net to the nails. Many people find this process tiresome, hence nets are not used in most homes even when they are given free
2. The mosquito net tent on the other hand is user friendly. It is designed in the form of tent with light iron frame. Just remove the tent from its carrier bag and it opens up to its tent shape automatically. Then put the net on the floor and insert your mattress inside. You are done! When not in use, just fold back and keep in the carrier back.

MOSQUITO NET TENT SIZES AND PRICES
Resellers buy 6x6 @ N5500 and sell N7500- profit margin N2000/ pc
Resellers buy 7x7 @ N6000 and sell N8000- profit margin N2000/ pc
MINIMUM ORDER
Mosquito net tent 6x6, 1carton( 20pcs) @ N5500 is N110,000
Mosquito net tent 7X7, 1carton( 20pcs) @ N6000 is N120,000
PROFIT MARGIN/ CARTON IS N40,000 ( N2000 x 20)
HOW TO MAKE N400,000 MONTHLY INCOME RESELLING THE MOSQUITOE NET TENT
If your profit margin/pc is N2000, then if you sell 200 pcs in a month you would make N2000 x 200pcs = N400,000 ( four hundred thousand naira only)
Wow! This is simply fantastic. This business can dramatically change your financial status forever.
SOME MARKETING TIPS TO HELP YOU MAKE GOOD MONEY FROM THIS BUSINESS
4. USE FIELD MARKETERS
Recruit sales people who would go out to sell to people in their homes and offices. This strategy is aggressive and it can generate quick sales. The more sales persons you have the more profit you would make. You can share your profit margin of N2000/pc with them. You give them a commission of N1000 on each product they sell
You buy 6x6 tent net @ N5500, give marketers @ N6500, while they sell @ N7500
You buy 7x7 tent net @ N6000, give marketers @ N7000, while they sell @ N8000

If you have 10 marketers that sell 5pcs every day, then you could sell 50pcs in a day, if your profit/pc is N1000, then you would make N50,000 daily
Weekly profit (6x N50,000) = N300,000
Monthly profit (4X N300,000) = N1,200,000

5. Sell your product online: sell on KONGA, JUMIA, DEALDEY. Sell on free classified websites: Jiji.com ng, etc. promote it using facebook, twitters,instagram, youtube whatsapp
6. Print flyers/handbills to promote the product. Distribute the flyers aggressively to people in offices, homes and shopping malls

HOW DO I START AS A RE-SELLER OF THE PRODUCT?
We have simplified the requirement for you to become a re-seller so that almost anybody who is serious to make money and change his/her financial status this year would be able to realize their dream through this opportunity. Start-up capital is ₦115,000( 10pcs 6x6, 10 pcs 7x7)
TAKE ACTION NOW! Your financial condition may never change until you take action on opportunities
HOW DO I ORDER?
Proceed to the bank to pay for your starter pack
1. Pay N115, 000 to Bethelmendels Nigeria, Zenith bank, A/C: 1012765017
2. If you stay outside Lagos include N3, 000 for transportation
3. After payment, send an SMS of your name, phone number and location to 08036911296
Office Address
27 Atinuke Olabanji Str. Off Obafemi Awolowo Way
By, Balogun b/stop. Ikeja-Lagos
www.bethelmendels.com.ng
08036911296, 08180065490
About Bethelmendels Int’l Ltd
We are importers of various household and other innovative products in Nigeria. We are the owners of Nigeria’s number one online wholesale store www.bethelmendels.com.ng . where you can source for over 1000 hot marketable products @ factory cheap prices, you could resell at attractive profit margins. We have thousands of distributor/resellers and partners spread across Nigeria and West Africa sub-region. We are Manufacturers representative to companies in China and many European countries. Our greatest achievement as an organization is the thousands of people we have empowered through our trainings and product opportunities.

(1) (Reply)

Is There A Lasting Solution To PID and bacterial vaginosis? / Start A Profitable Chemist / Pharmacy Business Plan In Nigeria 2020. / The Boy Who Sees Without Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.