Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. (28143 Views)

Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years / I Am Tired Of Submitting CV Online / Difficulties In Submitting My CV On Etisalat Recruitment Portal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by SOPIGO: 8:33pm On Mar 22, 2017
dapyd1:
This is the text I got.
check d Google website to compare carefully with d one they gave u....note: dot can make a difference
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 22, 2017
dapyd1:
I received a text this afternoon from Como oil and gas, that I have been shortlisted for an interview. I was to log in with my details (matriculation or JAMB registration number).
I was curious because;

1. I haven't heard of the company before

2. I didn't submit an application there.

3. They telling me to log in with my details actually means they have my details.

So, I did two things, I 'googled' Como oil and gas and I went to the site as stated in the text.

The first research showed that Como oil and gas actually exists, but in Florida. There was no evidence whatsoever, at least online, to show they have any presence in Nigeria.

When I got to the site, I saw a link for Job vacancy, I clicked and it took me to a page where I will put in my details. I imputed my matriculation number and to my amazement, it brought out my details including my full name, state of origin, JAMB registration number, phone number and my matriculation number.

I was also asked to pay N1000 through any online media, of course no reputable company will ask you to pay for an interview, so I registered it as a scam in my head.

The question now is, how did they get my details? The first two can be gotten through my social media accounts but my JAMB registration number and matriculation number are neither on my CV nor my social media accounts.

Has anyone ever had an experience like this? It will make it easier for people to fall once they see their 'private' details. Or does anyone know anything about Como?

Thanks.

Evidences below.

With the Internet, privacy is dead.
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by smartty68(m): 8:34pm On Mar 22, 2017
Run for your life
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by tasceige(m): 8:34pm On Mar 22, 2017
That site looks like all this rise and fall ponzi site. Go check the host of the site bro.
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by mayysen(f): 8:35pm On Mar 22, 2017
my bro just recieved ds same msg nd we were still contemplating on it being a scam or not until I saw ds thread now. The jamb registration number seems so real bt the 1k gave them away I guess.

1 Like

Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 22, 2017
They have extracted your data from a previous CV you submitted somewhere, now they are about to get your ATM details and PIN.

Run for your life.

3 Likes

Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 22, 2017
You used your matriculation number to login into their website.
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by Amberon: 8:40pm On Mar 22, 2017
Ok
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by LockDown69(m): 8:43pm On Mar 22, 2017
End time oil & gas company grin
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by Gkay1(m): 8:43pm On Mar 22, 2017
na wa oooooo
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by mayysen(f): 8:44pm On Mar 22, 2017
Billyonaire:
They have extracted your data from a previous CV you submitted somewhere, now they are about to get your ATM details and PIN.

Run for your life.

smart ass people I think. they actually said sumtn about their atm details not to be saved on their website

Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by shophut(m): 8:44pm On Mar 22, 2017
It is a BIG SCAM! Don't even consider the opportunity. Any info can be gotten from the internet, nothing is hidden anymore. If you doubt me just try searching for your name with Google and see what follows.
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by Opakan2: 8:46pm On Mar 22, 2017
Pure Scam

it's obviously an expert with access to JAMB database (shows how poor the body is). Since no presence in Nigeria, ignore and move on
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by orlando5: 8:47pm On Mar 22, 2017
dapyd1:
I received a text this afternoon from Como oil and gas, that I have been shortlisted for an interview. I was to log in with my details (matriculation or JAMB registration number).
I was curious because;

3. They telling me to log in with my details actually means they have my details.

So, I did two things, I 'googled' Como oil and gas and I went to the site as stated in the text.

The first research showed that Como oil and gas actually exists, but in Florida. There was no evidence whatsoever, at least online, to show they have any presence in Nigeria.

When I got to the site, I saw a link for Job vacancy, I clicked and it took me to a page where I will put in my details. I imputed my matriculation number and to my amazement, it brought out my details including my full name, state of origin, JAMB registration number, phone number and my matriculation number.

I was also asked to pay N1000 through any online media, of course no reputable company will ask you to pay for an interview, so I registered it as a scam in my head.

The question now is, how did they get my details? The first two can be gotten through my social media accounts but my JAMB registration number and matriculation number are neither on my CV nor my social media accounts.

Has anyone ever had an experience like this? It will make it easier for people to fall once they see their 'private' details. Or does anyone know anything about Como?

Thanks.

Evidences below.
they got it through linkedIn
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by Galantsantana(m): 8:49pm On Mar 22, 2017
Fake+yahoo=scam
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by dapyd1(m): 8:51pm On Mar 22, 2017
JustinSlayer69:
I am not that tech savvy but i suspect keylogging.

They asked for your details and you provided it, didn't you?

As you were typing ON THEIR WEBSITE, one korokoro eyes dey see am for where he dey shocked shocked shocked

OFF POINT -No mystery in some cases, one's phone number & full name can be retrieved from passenger manifest when travelling -

That's a different scenario, i know. But this is a SCAM anyway... RUN

Even if I provided all my details, I'm very sure I didn't provide matriculation number or jamb registration number.
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by Jonwesley(m): 8:51pm On Mar 22, 2017
So Jamb registration number has become a requirement for Job applications. Not only for writing Jamb exams again. Na wao.
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by fratermathy(m): 8:52pm On Mar 22, 2017
I've reported the website to its domain registrar and hosting company (Namecheap). I know they don't tolerate scams and fraudulent schemes. Expect the website to be taken down soonest.

Here's what I sent:

"Hello,

There has been multiple complaints about this website: (https://www.comooilandgas.us) on this Nigeria's Nairaland forum: https://www.nairaland.com/3698060/company-got-all-details-without. This website has been reported by many Nigerians as a fraudulent one. The fake website is posing as a legitimate USA company website (www.comooilandpropane.com). The scam is based on the payment of "verification fees" of $3 per person for an interview opportunity. Payment is made online and card details may even be compromised. There also may be other hidden payments in the whole dubious process.

Many people may have fallen victim already and more will eventually do if this is not investigated and the website shut down immediately. I trust the integrity of your brand and expect a swift action on this matter."

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by oyejideogunjumo: 8:52pm On Mar 22, 2017
dapyd1:
I was curious because;

Thanks.

Evidences below.
A very close person is involved but it will be hard if not impossible to get the person.
I had a similar experience when I was a part-time lecturer many years ago. A student (I suspected&still not known) submitted my name to scammers who often called or sent text messages but the kind of information they have about me must be from one of the students.
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by Sanchez01: 8:52pm On Mar 22, 2017
JustinSlayer69:
I am not that tech savvy but i suspect keylogging.

They asked for your details and you provided it, didn't you?

As you were typing ON THEIR WEBSITE, one korokoro eyes dey see am for where he dey shocked shocked shocked

OFF POINT -No mystery in some cases, one's phone number & full name can be retrieved from passenger manifest when travelling -

That's a different scenario, i know. But this is a SCAM anyway... RUN
This isn't Keylogging but an advanced recruitment scam. They didn't need any special password from him other than his Jamb details which they have with them.

This scam is on a whole new level. Unfortunately, most of these Scammers still use the same method; claim to be a multinational coy with its base somewhere in Texas, Florida or California.

Unfortunately, so many job seekers would fall, believing a thousand Naira is too small.
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 22, 2017
someone has hacked a database which has your information in it
a database administrator has sold the information to cyber criminals
alternatively as other have pointed out, some unscrupulous cyber cafe owner has run a keylogger which captured information of people doing one online registration or the other using his computer.

a scam requires a willing victim.

you've already connected the dots

why would an oil company be recruiting undergraduates
wetin concern american company with waec/neco?
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by DIVFAVOR(m): 8:53pm On Mar 22, 2017
Guy they are close friends of yours who are in same school with you doing G-tins(Yahoo Yahoo).

Thank God you did fall victim.....

Do not be surprised they are even in your room right now advising you to give it a trial.

Yahoo Get level. but this is a cheap one.

Do not open the link again....

That 1k will buy you 1rubber of garri.
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by Sanchez01: 8:53pm On Mar 22, 2017
fratermathy:
I've reported the website to its domain registrar and hosting company (Namecheap). I know they don't tolerate scams and fraudulent schemes. Expect the website to be taken down soonest.

Lol! You're so fast! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by Griffon(m): 8:55pm On Mar 22, 2017
Pages, virus, links etc, these are the tools yahoo yahoo boys are steady working with.
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by Unimaginable123: 8:56pm On Mar 22, 2017
ojun50:
U already registered it as a scam in my head, u can still try nd pay d 1k too, yr village people might support u on dis one. 1k is nt too much.

Bt i fear those people hw them take get yr jamb number
Why should he pay 1k to fraudsters?

1 Like

Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 22, 2017
NSA Nigerian scammers association
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 22, 2017
Sanchez01:

This isn't Keylogging but an advanced recruitment scam. They didn't need any special password from him other than his Jamb details which they have with them.

This scam is on a whole new level. Unfortunately, most of these Scammers still use the same method; claim to be a multinational coy with its base somewhere in Texas, Florida or California.

Unfortunately, so many job seekers would fall, believing a thousand Naira is too small.

Thanks sir for explaining the tech aspect to noobs like me. grin

1 Like

Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by pring: 9:00pm On Mar 22, 2017
Its a simple scam.
Pay 1k, u will b lured to more payments.
And again, paying with ur ATM as written, can make u provide them with ur bank details.

1 Like

Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 22, 2017
LAFO:
grin
Do you need a prophet to tell you say Na scam?

1k in 200 places is 200k for just sending emails and bulk sms.....

Imagine the money they will make if mugus pay 1k each?
Oil company wey dey ask for 1k.... that one na oil compny?
end time company.

for a gurl u don sharp too much

2 Likes

Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by nopains: 9:01pm On Mar 22, 2017
this is simple, ur email was hacked from which they got ur personal data including school data in order to lure u into their scam. if u had paid the 1000k then ur mumuness is confirmed. be ready to pay more until ur mumu don do u. for ur info, change the password of ur email ids and other online platforms if u are using a specific PC.
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by Zetra(m): 9:03pm On Mar 22, 2017
fratermathy:

Here's what I sent:

"Hello,

There has been multiple complaints about this website: (https://www.comooilandgas.us) on this Nigeria's Nairaland forum: https://www.nairaland.com/3698060/company-got-all-details-without. This website has been reported by many Nigerians as a fraudulent one. The fake website is posing as a legitimate USA company website (www.comooilandpropane.com). The scam is based on the payment of "verification fees" of $3 per person for an interview opportunity. Payment is made online and card details may even be compromised. There also may be other hidden payments in the whole dubious process.

Many people may have fallen victim already and more will eventually do if this is not investigated and the website shut down immediately. I trust the integrity of your brand and expect a swift action on this matter."

Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by philipobiz: 9:05pm On Mar 22, 2017
ojun50:
U already registered it as a scam in my head, u can still try nd pay d 1k too, yr village people might support u on dis one. 1k is nt too much.

Bt i fear those people hw them take get yr jamb number
If you had used a cyber cafe to do anything related to Jamb/school, it might be from there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Just Lost My Job / My Experience With UBA Bank Aptitude Test Today / Where Do You Work And What's Your Position?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.