Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,149 members, 7,867,344 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:17 PM

Four Sharp Businesses To Start In School As An Undergraduate. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Four Sharp Businesses To Start In School As An Undergraduate. (441 Views)

Stanbic IBTC Bank Staff In School Uniforms To Mark Customer Service Week. / Reasons Lagosians Should Move Their Businesses To Apapa / ** 50 Small & Big Businesses You Can Start In Nigeria With Their Cost Estimates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Four Sharp Businesses To Start In School As An Undergraduate. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 22, 2017
Emulsion Paint Business: This is one of the most lucrative businesses I had to do as an underG. I learnt to how to make Emulsion Paints and other types of paints, during the 2013 Long ASUU strike. But i concentrated on Emulsion paints, because that one of the cheapest and affordable paints are student can buy.

So what i did at the beginning of every session, was to advertise on our school group On facebook, Lodge check sites, And poster ads. In all these ads, I had my contact details on them, both my phone number, whatsapp line, I even had to insert a close friend’s number there

You would want to ask why I did this business at the beginning of every session?

This is Just because, at the beginning of every session some vacant rooms that have been vacated by mostly the final years would be reoccupied. And the new occupants now would like to Give a fine touch this new room. As someone who has parked into a newly rented apartment, you will absolutely want your room to look nice and fine, so that who ever enters would admire the room.

So what I did was after placing my ads on the various school platforms, I wait for the calls to row in. At a time I had to paint the rooms myself for free, if the client refers me to another client.

Top Bond Business: Your target Population here, should not be Students, but the Book Binders in your school. Me and my closest friend in school then had to make the top bonds and sell to the bookbinder. We didn't come to sell to students, because they were not the ones that did this finishing works, it was the bookbinders who did that.

Second semester were hot seasons for these bookbinders, because that was the time when the final years, PGD students would be making mends to their project and submitting them also. And of course by now, you know that every graduating student is meant to submit 3 binded Copies of their project to their various departments.

Scouring Powder Business: Scouring Powder Production (is that sand like material, that you use in place of ash to wash the back of your dark stained pot like Vimos, Brightshine etc) was among the things that I had to learn during the ASUU strike.

So after producing, I had to package my product in printed packets, that had the products name on it and also in empty powder container. I had to sell my product through the help of my class girls who stay in the hostel. They had to collect their 30% commission on single every sale.

After they have sold each product, collect their commissions and then give me my own cut.I sold those in printed packets 80 naira each, while those in the empty powder containers were sold 150 each.

Seminars: I organise monthly seminars for students, who would like to learn to how to produce some of these things I have talked about and other things.In these seminars, I had to thoroughly teach the students, how to make these things that I’ve learnt.

At times, I had to invite my Boss and other Resource persons who are doing very good in their various areas to come and teach the attendees how to make some other products in these other lines...
Re: Four Sharp Businesses To Start In School As An Undergraduate. by delishpot: 8:11pm On Mar 22, 2017
Collect money do homework for lazy student

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

TBC Daily Update 12th Apr- 13th Of Apr / Real Estate Investment Opportunities / Ladies Handbags

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.