Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,285 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

What Do The Color Marks On Toothpaste Tubes Mean? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Do The Color Marks On Toothpaste Tubes Mean? (1473 Views)

Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much / Can Watery Eyes Mean Cancer? / Confirm Homemade Pregnancy Test With Shampoo Salt Sugar And Toothpaste (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do The Color Marks On Toothpaste Tubes Mean? by MICHEALADEX(m): 9:28pm On Mar 22, 2017
Most of the time we don’t notice the color coded markings that are found on everyday items sold in stores. While they appear on many products, on toothpaste tubes there’s a popular myth that they identify what the toothpaste is made of.

For a while now there’s been an “urban legend” online that users have shared, saying that the colors on the base of toothpaste tubes indicate what they’re made of and how damaging they can be for your health. But the information contained in post after post is completely false; and in today’s article we’ll try to clear up what these marks really mean, and whether it’s more than just a simple color.

According to the now-viral misinformation that’s circulating the web, toothpaste tubes have a different colored square or rectangle at the end of the tube, opposite the opening. This color varies from brand to brand and supposedly indicates that the product is made up of as follows:

Green = Natural products

Blue = Natural and medicinal products

Red = Natural and chemical components

Black = Purely chemical components

Well, as we already said at the beginning of the article, this information is completely false and just another urban legend to frighten people. Because the purpose of this site is to give you as complete information about health as possible, we want to explain what these colored marks really mean, and why you should pay any attention to the alarming posts you read on the internet.

http://otunbamicheal.livejournal.com/614.html

Re: What Do The Color Marks On Toothpaste Tubes Mean? by LAFO: 9:32pm On Mar 22, 2017
Nice one.

New lesson learnt.

Me I sha know I like close up.

The day I used imported colgate ehn, I knew groundnut oil is different from pure water grin

2 Likes

Re: What Do The Color Marks On Toothpaste Tubes Mean? by hazan041(m): 9:33pm On Mar 22, 2017
Nice article

1 Like

Re: What Do The Color Marks On Toothpaste Tubes Mean? by engrMikemd(m): 9:39pm On Mar 22, 2017
LAFO:
Nice one.

New lesson learnt.

Me I sha know I like close up.

The day I used imported colgate ehn, I knew groundnut oil is different from pure water grin
nice two

1 Like

Re: What Do The Color Marks On Toothpaste Tubes Mean? by modestofynest(m): 9:40pm On Mar 22, 2017
That's y I love Nairaland always educating u

1 Like

Re: What Do The Color Marks On Toothpaste Tubes Mean? by engrMikemd(m): 9:41pm On Mar 22, 2017
I rather stick to my chewing stick

1 Like

Re: What Do The Color Marks On Toothpaste Tubes Mean? by MICHEALADEX(m): 4:29pm On Jun 25, 2017
Lalasticlala...please take this to Fp
Re: What Do The Color Marks On Toothpaste Tubes Mean? by MICHEALADEX(m): 4:14pm On Aug 16, 2022
MICHEALADEX:
Lalasticlala...please take this to Fp

He never took this to front page since 2017

(1) (Reply)

Priapism In Sickle Cell Warrior / 3 Dead As Lassa Fever Hits Taraba / This Type Of Discharge From My Girl's Vagina. Is It Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.