Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,522 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) (86415 Views)

Corpse Of Kidnapped Ignatus Odunukwe Recovered By Lagos Police / Dr. Oji Allwell's Family Chases Away Journalists And Sympathizers / Allwell Orji's Body Recovered From Lagos Lagoon, Family Identifies Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by wandyvirus(m): 9:35am On Mar 23, 2017
jnrremedy:

thank you so much for this is like you took those words out of my mouth
Nigerian are quick to judge, criticise and talk on issued they ignorantly don't have any idea on
depression psychosis and the likes are disease of the mind just like HIV malaria and the rest. will u blame a malaria patient for having a malaria. pls guys go and read
mental disease awareness in this part of the world is very poor. the only mental illness people in this clime know about is madness and most attribute this type of illness to witchcraft. so saddening
Very Sad.
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by Wasky101: 9:37am On Mar 23, 2017
wandyvirus:

Please stop already. How ignorant can you be! It is not Malaria! The person does NOT think they have a problem! You must begin to identify and correctly read signs in your loved ones. The burden is on you not them. Who gave birth to this illogical illiterate?
It beats me when some who can't see farther than their nose calls someone else an illetrate. Now let me educate u a little as I might just save u from jumping off a bridge. When u starting depressing thoughts u need yo talk to someone, when u start having weird thoughts about life talk to someone. That's how its starts. You always know u have a problem. How you handle it is different. So before u jump off that bridge have a rethink
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by figure007(m): 9:37am On Mar 23, 2017
Wasky101:

Depression over wetin. We are all wired differently. Suicide is not an option so many people have battled depression, it is a medical condition, only the cowards end up killing themselves. Go to the hospital and see how many people are battling depression and are responding to treatment. Taking your own life is not the cure rather its a cowardly act that is also very self centered. Crazy self centered people. Anybody that commits suicide does not deserve to rest in peace because you haven't let the living live in peace
hmmmm .....its well
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by Ramaa(m): 9:41am On Mar 23, 2017
Go to hell Bastar.d......

Why taking your life....!!??

Are you a God....!!??

Go to hell.....

Rest In Hell fire......
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by propofol: 9:45am On Mar 23, 2017
In Nigeria we lack human dignity. Why would they disrespect a corpse like this? Isn't it enough humiliation that this family lost their son by suicide ? We just had to add to the trauma by posting this terrible picture here.To what end if i may ask? See our policemen there taking pictures with their phones !!! How unprofessional can you get?Compare this to what happened yesterday in London.4 people dead .Policeman stabbed to death. Have you seen any gruesome pictures? You all stopping at accident scenes taking pictures, instead of helping the victims ,please stop it. its just wrong. LIFE IS SHORT. DEATH IS SURE . WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE ONE DAY. PLEASE RESPECT THE DEAD.

1 Like

Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by jnrremedy(m): 9:48am On Mar 23, 2017
Wasky101:

What are you talking about. Seeking medical help is Manning up. Do u know how man people have health conditions and cannot go to the Hosp cos they can man up to face their challenge. When u see man up it doesn't necessarily mean show of force. Jesus u people sha
u still don't understand
the suicide thought is not a function of the individual but rather a product of the depression
some of the advance symptoms or clinical manifestations of depression is suicidal thoughts it has nothing to do with the person rather its the clinical manifestation of the disease combined with other factors
Google the drug tegretol (carbamazepine) one of the side effects of that drug is suicidal thoughts. so u urself that is condemning can develop suicidal thoughts if u are on this drug ( likely not certain) and mind u the drug is a therapeutic drug.
though its not all suicidal thoughts are clinical some are social but don't be quick to condemmn
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by folu4real(f): 9:49am On Mar 23, 2017
priceaction:
Is that not Lagos police commissioner? So they have to wait for the CP to come to the scene before they evacuate that from the ground. So unfortunate incident, anyway. And to say that he found one body earlier means many people are on suicide mission while their family members thinking they are somewhere, probably in school or in another town.
Suicide is not the best way to pass message across no matter how because you will cause more harm than good. Look at the shame ,trauma, mental health and negative attention the young man gave his family,
While someone dying in the hospital ,praying for life, just few years more, someone else is being suicidal. This life self, the more you look the less you see.

hummmmm it is well. Life is full of ups and down but suicide is not an option.
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by Btruth: 9:51am On Mar 23, 2017
yinkslinks:
Can one say rip to this foolishness? You took your own life cus maybe u are impotent or hiv positive. You are a doctor and can still live to see others are doing well by impacting their lives. Too bad former Dr Orji. Fuuuuck you.

Why are you people so callous to the dead like this? Have you ever thought that something else (diabolical) could be behind his act? According to the little narration, we meant to believed that Dr. Orji was on the phone with someone, and later asked his driver to pull over that he needed to conclude his confidential conversation. How did we now know if the voice on the other side has not charmed him to look for water and jump into it?

People should fear the Lord in the judgement abeg. RIP Dr. Orji
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by blackboy(m): 9:54am On Mar 23, 2017
I still strongly suspect the driver. If police no catch him God will. His story now changes. He jumped without life jacket. Was he to jump with life jacket. Wanted to have confidential talk with someone on the phone. I didn't read he mentioned that earlier. There is God.
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by supereagle(m): 9:56am On Mar 23, 2017
What would have made him commit sucide? He has a chauver driven car, a good job etc? Did he put people money to MMM?
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by yinkslinks(m): 9:56am On Mar 23, 2017
And he didn't fear the lord who gave him life abi? Bro life doesn't work the way u wrote your English.
Btruth:

Why are you people so callous to the dead like this? Have you ever thought that something else (diabolical) could be behind his act? According to the little narration, we meant to believed that Dr. Orji was on the phone with someone, and later asked his driver to pull over that he needed to conclude his confidential conversation. How did we now know if the voice on the other side has not charmed him to look for water and jump into it?

People should fear the Lord in the judgement abeg. RIP Dr. Orji
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by Wasky101: 9:56am On Mar 23, 2017
jnrremedy:

u still don't understand
the suicide thought is not a function of the individual but rather a product of the depression
some of the advance symptoms or clinical manifestations of depression is suicidal thoughts it has nothing to do with the person rather its the clinical manifestation of the disease combined with other factors
Google the drug tegretol (carbamazepine) one of the side effects of that drug is suicidal thoughts. so u urself that is condemning can develop suicidal thoughts if u are on this drug ( likely not certain) and mind u the drug is a therapeutic drug.
though its not all suicidal thoughts are clinical some are social but don't be quick to condemmn
Maybe I don't get it. People should seek medical help. Nobody knows you as much as you. This things don't just bump over night. I feel if more people open up to medical help suicide rate wld reduce.
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by okpurukata(f): 9:57am On Mar 23, 2017
This doctor was battling depression - FACT.

It was reported yesterday that he has been living with SICKLE CELL ANEMIA. He had just passed the examinations that will qualify him as a surgeon but was turned down by the body because of the SS disease.
This Day Newspaper yesterday.
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 23, 2017
Tazdroid:
Graphic...almost embarassed embarassed

But do the public deserve to see the man's corpse like this? I mean what's the aim? To prove that his corpse has been found? I think his body could have been revealed when he receives a fitting burial.

Just asking, why's the man's shirt unbuttoned? Did the fishes and ocean dwellers do that? And where are his shoes? Stolen? I don't imagine that that's the state in which the doctor jumped into the water. Just asking o

Drowning is not like falling asleep. Death throes and freedom to use ones hands in that moment can account for the shirt being loosened. Tides an recovery process can account for the rest. It's extremely rare to see a three day drowning with intact clothes. A very very sad situation.
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by Btruth: 10:03am On Mar 23, 2017
yinkslinks:
And he didn't fear the lord who gave him life abi? Bro life doesn't work the way u wrote your English.
OK oooo Yinka. If you don't mine own. I don take your own.

cool
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by thunderbabs: 10:05am On Mar 23, 2017
edoyad:
What are they snapping him with their mobile phones for ? So unprofessional.

Anyways, my brother rest well.

What's unprofessional? You for see am if they no take pictures abi what is unprofessional abt dt, egba wa ooo....
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by Kindoo: 10:08am On Mar 23, 2017
What could make a man (doctor) kill himself? Hummm! LORD save us.
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by cutediva87(f): 10:10am On Mar 23, 2017
my problem with Nigerians is that we like copy copy, suicide that belongs to oyinbo people we have copied it. haba..
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by Acidosis(m): 10:15am On Mar 23, 2017
Wasky101:
People who commit suicide are the most wicked and heartless set of human begins. No thought of pain and suffering u make your loved ones pass through. So self centered. The thought of what your mother wld be reduced to after your demise alone wld never let me think about it no matter what I am going through. People have bin through a lot more worse

it takes a lot of drugs and professional intervention to curb depression. Some persons committed suicide because they heard voices...strange voices only them can hear.. imagine something controlling you with words like: "you are worthless, so jump into the lagoon"..

That's how depression works.. only the affected can explain. Like many diseases, it is totally beyond their control.

1 Like

Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by dadasupremacy(m): 10:21am On Mar 23, 2017
when u are depressed just go to nearby joint and take two bottles of chilled beer,,,,i can never take my life no matter how depressed i am...just hang out with friends and drink
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by seankay(m): 10:29am On Mar 23, 2017
chival:

.... or a woman.
Man in this context means both male and female
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 23, 2017
Tazdroid:
Graphic...almost embarassed embarassed

But do the public deserve to see the man's corpse like this? I mean what's the aim? To prove that his corpse has been found? I think his body could have been revealed when he receives a fitting burial.

Just asking, why's the man's shirt unbuttoned? Did the fishes and ocean dwellers do that? And where are his shoes? Stolen? I don't imagine that that's the state in which the doctor jumped into the water. Just asking o

The man committed suicide . nobody knows why, people dont't wake up overnight and end their lives, it's a symptom of a bigger problem chief being helplessness.

Of what use will his shirt and shoes be to him, abi you need am? cool
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by factwriter(m): 10:30am On Mar 23, 2017
Wasky101:
People who commit suicide are the most wicked and heartless set of human begins. No thought of pain and suffering u make your loved ones pass through. So self centered. The thought of what your mother wld be reduced to after your demise alone wld never let me think about it no matter what I am going through. People have bin through a lot more worse

So you think people commit suicide just to mark their birthday or simple to punish others?

Obviously you have no idea what "Hopelessness" and "depression" truly means.
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by seankay(m): 10:30am On Mar 23, 2017
Tazdroid:
was it reported that depression drove the doctor to suicide?
Sequel to the reports I read on here that he was suicidal, I was able to make my conclusion
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 23, 2017
i don't know why some people are ranting about pictures taken with mobile, if not for these pictures who would take the story serious?

People have to try out their mega pixel phones to know if 12mp camera is really working as advertised. cheesy
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by Chiebunigom: 10:33am On Mar 23, 2017
Eke40seven:
Nigeria is simply a jungle. Even the police took pictures to upload online.
Yesterday, 5 people died in a terrorist attack in London but the only picture you could find of the victims are their smiling faces and not even a picture of their bloodied bodies. You wouldn't even find a close up picture of the body of terrorist that was shot dead
That's a society that respects the dead. If it were Nigeria, the whole media would be awash with the dead bodies.
In a sane country, the family of the deceased will sue whoever published these pictures online suicide or not.
I plead with Seun and the mods to apply caution in posting pictures of dead people and accident victims. It goes against every ethics of journalism or even against the norms of a civil society.
Many a time, these victims have families and loved ones and these gory pictures do not depict how they would want to be remembered by their loved ones.
Even victims who survive these accidents go through psychological trauma and have life long psychological scars, many never recover from the Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Many go through nightmares.
Could you imagine a girl who had gone through great stress to make up and look good, then probably became a victim of an accident, do you think she would want the bloodied mess of her body to be on display everywhere on the internet?
Or may be a mourning mother who just recovered from the sad loss of a loved son on opening a Facebook page, incidentally got to see a religious post with the inscription against the picture of her son's body in a jelly of blood and tissues, "Type "Amen", if you don't want to be a victim of accident this year".
Sad sad! Please, Mods take note.

Why not do some work, look for the names and nice pictures of the victims and upload and still generate traffic instead of showing them online in this gory fashion?

CC: Seun, Lalasticlala i assume you are both well travelled. Please bring civility into your forum.

I concur, this forum administrators should show decorum, class. I believe nairaland is not a blog.
Seun it's up to you.
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by seankay(m): 10:33am On Mar 23, 2017
Wasky101:

Depression over wetin. We are all wired differently. Suicide is not an option so many people have battled depression, it is a medical condition, only the cowards end up killing themselves. Go to the hospital and see how many people are battling depression and are responding to treatment. Taking your own life is not the cure rather its a cowardly act that is also very self centered. Crazy self centered people. Anybody that commits suicide does not deserve to rest in peace because you haven't let the living live in peace

In as much as I don't support suicide,you must understand that depression foments suicidal thoughts and that's the reason why it's deadly. A depressed mind is bleeped up and a bleeped up mind can't think straight!

1 Like

Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by VeniJu: 10:37am On Mar 23, 2017
Wasky101:

You belong to the group of people that always shouts ''Over my dead body'' only to go from behind and do worse.
Like the guy said, pray no to experience it. Ur own, u fit jump from plane.tongue
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by petchi: 10:38am On Mar 23, 2017
Wasky101:

Please stop judging him.
Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by orbgoblin: 10:47am On Mar 23, 2017
Truth is many don't even know what cowardice means. They think suicide is cowardice but it's not. It's passionate crime against one's self.
Lordsocrates:
there should be awareness against depression, most Nigerians are saying coward here, coward there, but depression is a killa.

Japan, USA, etc. with all its technologically advancement and high standard of living still records loads of suicide. so poverty or Buhari is not the cause of depression especially for a man with a car and driver and a doctor profession.

people get hrtbroken by girls and drink poison... Hw much more being hrt broken by everything in life.
we need Psychologist, in Nigeria, Psychologist that can be affordable by all with problems, and those in need of sum1 to talk to, not just pastors, that all problems are solved with 7days dry fasting.

1 Like

Re: Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) by dmy(m): 10:48am On Mar 23, 2017
Eke40seven:
Nigeria is simply a jungle. Even the police took pictures to upload online.
Yesterday, 5 people died in a terrorist attack in London but the only picture you could find of the victims are their smiling faces and not even a picture of their bloodied bodies. You wouldn't even find a close up picture of the body of terrorist that was shot dead
That's a society that respects the dead. If it were Nigeria, the whole media would be awash with the dead bodies.
In a sane country, the family of the deceased will sue whoever published these pictures online suicide or not.
I plead with Seun and the mods to apply caution in posting pictures of dead people and accident victims. It goes against every ethics of journalism or even against the norms of a civil society.
Many a time, these victims have families and loved ones and these gory pictures do not depict how they would want to be remembered by their loved ones.
Even victims who survive these accidents go through psychological trauma and have life long psychological scars, many never recover from the Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Many go through nightmares.
Could you imagine a girl who had gone through great stress to make up and look good, then probably became a victim of an accident, do you think she would want the bloodied mess of her body to be on display everywhere on the internet?
Or may be a mourning mother who just recovered from the sad loss of a loved son on opening a Facebook page, incidentally got to see a religious post with the inscription against the picture of her son's body in a jelly of blood and tissues, "Type "Amen", if you don't want to be a victim of accident this year".
Sad sad! Please, Mods take note.

Why not do some work, look for the names and nice pictures of the victims and upload and still generate traffic instead of showing them online in this gory fashion?

CC: Seun, Lalasticlala i assume you are both well travelled. Please bring civility into your forum.
very true.We are to quick to display gory pictures.TVC should be cautioned and even sued for displaying such a picture.dont they have decency,are there no laws from nbc against the display of such images?very sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ola Oyeshina: LASTMA Officer Before And After Being Stoned (photo) / Man Burnt To Death For Insulting Prophet Muhammad In Darazo, Bauchi (Graphic Pix / Cultist Who Was Shot Dead Buried Dressed As Cultist (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.