Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,526 members, 7,823,286 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Summons Over Grass Cutting Contract: I Won’t Appear Before You, SGF Tells Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Summons Over Grass Cutting Contract: I Won’t Appear Before You, SGF Tells Senate (436 Views)

I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG / "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate / The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Summons Over Grass Cutting Contract: I Won’t Appear Before You, SGF Tells Senate by Bullet01(f): 11:28am On Mar 23, 2017
ABUJA – SECRETARY to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal, yesterday, told the Senate he would not honour the invitation by the Ad Hoc Committee on Mounting Humanitarian Crisis in the North-East, since he had gone to court to challenge it. Babachir David Lawal Also, the Managing Director of Lawal’s company, Rholavision Engineering Company, also wrote to the Senate hinting that he had approached the court to challenge the invitation given him and would not, therefore, honour the invitation. Recall that the Senate Committee had, Tuesday, issued a fresh summons on the SGF and his company’s MD, as part of the ongoing investigation into claims that funds earmarked for humanitarian crisis in the North-East were mismanaged. However, in separate letters dated March 22, addressed to the committee through its Chairman, Senator Shehu Sani, yesterday, explained their positions. Lawal said in the letter: “I wish to kindly request that you draw the attention of the other members of the committee that I will not be able to appear before it primarily because I have gone to court to challenge the invitation, among others.” However, contacted, Senator Sani said in spite of the letters hinting of their decision not to appear before his committee, the committee’s report on the subject matter would be treated at plenary today.

According to an earlier letter from the committee inviting the duo, they were expected to appear as part of the ongoing investigation into claims that funds earmarked for humanitarian crisis in the North-East were mismanaged. The letter read: “The Senate, at its sitting on October 4, 2016, debated on a motion, Mounting humanitarian crisis in the North East, after which an ad hoc committee was constituted. “The committee was to conduct a public hearing in order to ascertain how much has been released to the Presidential Initiative on the North-East, PINE, and how these funds have been utilised from inception to date. “The committee was also expected to investigate the diversion of grains and other food items from the Strategic Grain Reserves, NEMA and other sources for the IDPs. “The committee held a three-day public hearing between December 6 and 8, 2016, even though some of the invited stakeholders refused to attend.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/summons-grass-cutting-contract-wont-appear-sgf-tells-senate/
Re: Summons Over Grass Cutting Contract: I Won’t Appear Before You, SGF Tells Senate by santakris(m): 12:29pm On Mar 23, 2017
These guys just dey yeye our Senate grin
grin
Re: Summons Over Grass Cutting Contract: I Won’t Appear Before You, SGF Tells Senate by Rollsnjaguar(m): 1:31pm On Mar 23, 2017
So it has gotten to this level, where the Nigerian Senate is no more respected.

(1) (Reply)

Njc Shuts Bayelsa Courts For Six Months / Ife Clash: IGP Justification Of Controversial Arrest Of Only Yoruba Suspects / Dino Melaye In More Trouble As Exam Officers Disagree With ABU VC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.