Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,757 members, 7,813,509 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Cost Of Laying Foundation - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Laying Foundation (55394 Views)

Laying Foundation For A 3-bedroom Flat On Half Plot Of Land (water-logged Area) / Cost Of laying a bungalow Foundation / Cost Of Laying Foundation Of A 4 Flat Storey Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Laying Foundation by cyomi(m): 11:55pm On Dec 21, 2009
Can anyone give me an idea or estimate of how much (1) it wll cost to lay foundation for four bedoom bungalow in Ibadan (2) the current price of red bunt bricks (3) cost of drawing a four bedroom bungalow plans. Any useful contributions will be highly appreciated.
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by ajileko: 7:03pm On Dec 22, 2009
Hey, Yomi bawo ni
Well, I'm not sure how much it will cost you for the 4 bedrooms building plan but it shouldn't me too bad. For foundation and depending on how many coaches you need plus the concrete slab/footing, pegging and digging, excluding the German floor will cost you about 1 million naira give or take.
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by oladele007: 12:55pm On Dec 23, 2009
pls Ajileko i want to know the cost of laying foundation of 2stories building with 6 nos of 3 bedrooms flats.

ur respond will be highly appreciated thanks. ( it is on a dry land in ikorodu)
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by desse: 2:29pm On Dec 24, 2009
@ladele007

Cost of layiing a foundation 2 stories building of 6nos of 3 bedroom flat will cost you 2.2million can i look at the drawings if you donot mind. you can reach me on +2348033506527,+2348073711489 or hopemanflee@yahoo.com

desse-architect
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by desse: 2:32pm On Dec 24, 2009
@cyomi

you can reach me on hopemanflee@yahoo.com or call +2348033506527,+2348073711489 for you house plan

desse-architect
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 24, 2009
ok
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 24, 2009
Nairaland wont allow above 20kb picture. Check what 2.5 did here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aasog31/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 24, 2009
Thats 2 units of four bedroom flats.
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by cyomi(m): 4:21pm On Dec 24, 2009
Thanks for all your honest contributions, the cost of laying foundation for 4 bedroom bungalow am looking for is excluding sand filling and the German flooring. but the building will have about 6 pillars.
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 24, 2009
I did the maths again. If you get one 1.2 it will do it.
You can get the materials yourself. Just have someone with you so they dont exploit you.
But dont just give the job to anybody.
Best of luck in building your home. And merry christmas.
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by Fhemmmy: 6:04am On Dec 25, 2009
aasog:

[b]Besides the itinerary payments of Omoniles, the cost of a solid foundation shouldn't exceed 1.5 Million naira.

3,000 Pieces of blocks preferably 9x9 blocks = #130 per one = #390,000

120 bags of cements for #1800 (plus money paid for delivering the cement), = #216,000

You need about 10 trucks of sharp sand at #12,000 per truck = #120,000

2 trucks of granite at one for #22,000 per one = #44,000
note: you can get the white granite, though its much more expensive. Its cheaper to get the red ones. But the red ones are useless if you are planning to build a 3 or more story building. If you building a bungalow, and the land is very solid ground, you dont need steel or reinforced concretetization, meaning you can forget the white granite and steel. But if you are not building a bungalow, you need like 100 pieces of 12MM or 16MM for the foundation. The steels would be used for the pillars of the home. Pillars are like the legs of a table that the surface (your decking), sits on top of. The cost for one highly depends on the location of your site from where you will be buying. The cost of 16MM is #1,800 in most places in Abuja. Around Akaran in Ibadan, where I am building a hotel, it costs #1700, in most places in Lagos, it costs #1500. Do the maths, you spend roughly #200,000 if you are buying 100 pieces in Ibadan.)
You also need some planks, most 12x12 cost #800 per one. I am dead sure you wont spend more than #50,000 on woods. You will use lesser if you are building a bungalow. Infact, bungalows are extremely cheaper to build.

Total fee for the work, if a company like mine is handling is #500,000
Please note labors include: bricklayer, diggers, welders, carpenter).

The total estimate is #500,000 but it might be either cheaper or much more costlier depending on your location and the location of these materials. Here's my phone # 08036685576, or write me: adetund19@yahoo.com I wouldnt mind coming over to tour your site. Consultancy is free, you pay for my fuel to and fro. Im still at Akaran, but I stay in Ajegunle, Lagos.

PS: The one below is a property been built for a client in Lagos. At that stage, the owner has spent about #2,500,000 Please note that the German Floor has been done. What he spent doesnt include labor.[/b]

I must admit that you are a man that knows his stuff, keep it up.
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by luckyme9(f): 11:13am On Dec 25, 2009
@ aasog,
Can you break down a rough estimate for a raft foundation and the german floor separately for a Total of 7 bedroom duplex.  2 rooms 2 living room downstairs and 5 rooms all ensuite upstairs.
Approximately 50 X 65 structure.  This is in Lekki Epe Road
Merry Christmas
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 25, 2009
[b]50 x 65, thats approximately half a plot, shouldnt be so expensive, but it might get frustrating if the land is way too soggy. Inspection is extremely vital so there wont be further unnecessary costs later.
You also need to let me know if the land is a straight land, or if it slopes. If it is straight, the raft foundation should be very easy.
A solidly laid 20mm concrete raft for a 7 bedroom duplex foundation on a straight land in Lekki would cost 2.2 million (materials including fees).
I can proudly take you on inspection to 2 different properties I personally built within Lagos on muddy locations. One in a former swamp in Gbagada, a former canal now transformed to sprawling constructions. And another in Ijeshatedo, Ajah.
I hope if you let me handle this and get the entire home built, you would introduce to as many people as possible. I have been doing this work since 1996 while in secondary school. And including a project management certification has made it alot more better. I hope we can work something out.[/b]
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 25, 2009
I believe we are talking about something like this. This is around Lekki.

Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by Yankeeboi: 7:12pm On Dec 25, 2009
Can u please kindly give as estimate of building 3bedroom,master bdr ensuite
with 2 toiletsby 4flats around ajah? on a plot of land,solid though.

How will it cost to build please?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by Fhemmmy: 12:08am On Dec 26, 2009
I think dude shd start a fresh thread callled `` Ask me about cost of building anything``

Cos the dude is so knowledgeable on construction and the cost analysis.
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by Nobody: 4:31am On Dec 26, 2009
Thanks Fhemmy. But seriously, I hope I would rather only building serious clienteles on Nairaland. Merry Xmas
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by luckyme9(f): 7:35pm On Dec 28, 2009
Thanks
aasog:

[b]50 x 65, thats approximately half a plot, shouldnt be so expensive, but it might get frustrating if the land is way too soggy. Inspection is extremely vital so there wont be further unnecessary costs later.
You also need to let me know if the land is a straight land, or if it slopes. If it is straight, the raft foundation should be very easy.
A solidly laid 20mm concrete raft for a 7 bedroom duplex foundation on a straight land in Lekki would cost 2.2 million (materials including fees).
I can proudly take you on inspection to 2 different properties I personally built within Lagos on muddy locations. One in a former swamp in Gbagada, a former canal now transformed to sprawling constructions. And another in Ijeshatedo, Ajah.
I hope if you let me handle this and get the entire home built, you would introduce to as many people as possible. I have been doing this work since 1996 while in secondary school. And including a project management certification has made it alot more better. I hope we can work something out.[/b]
This has answered my question.  I was just trying to gather as much view/perspective as possible before I jump on the plane for this project. I am a DIY Ijebu woman.  But if I have your number, I will invite you to the foudation get together as this is my Ijebu tradition of being surrounded with all types of Arches you can imagine
cheers
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 28, 2009
its
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by sunboy(m): 10:33pm On Dec 28, 2009
Please can somebody help me with an estimate to build a 3 bedroom ensuite bungalow on a solid land around sango/ifo area ? Estimate cost for a german floor and raft sepesrately will be appreciated. I really dont know much about building stuff, its our first time , so which is more economy? and stronger or recomemded for a 3 bedroom ensuite bungalow, including a store, on an half plot of land.
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 29, 2009
If you are truly in Ifo, you dont need any raft foundation as nearly all the lands there are solid land.
All you need is a good house plan from a reliable architect to get the ball rolling.
Down in Ifo, materials are easily accessible, and price of trucks of sands and stones are so low; and ifo is about the place where you get these materials extremely cheaply. You could get truck of Dagbolu or sharp sand for as low as #9,000. At most, #9,500
Cements are cheap too because of the closeness of Portland Cement and Larfarge. I could meet you and do some serious planning with you. Consultation fee wont be too much, but if im handling the entire project, that would be entirely different. Let me know if you want only a foundation, or a complete building. I think I have been repeating myself a little plenty.
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by kingboy(m): 6:17pm On Dec 30, 2009
I WANT O SAY THAT AASOG IS A REAL MAN WHO KNOWS HIS ONIONS,B/4 I FINISHED THE WHOLE THREAD IWAS HAVING MY DOUBT ABOUT THE RAFT/GERMAN FLOOR STUFF BUT THE LAST RESPONSE WAS GREAT.
FROM MY LITTLE 411 IN LAND ISSUES I KNOW THAT AREAS THAT ARE NOT SWAMPY/WATER LOGGED REALLY DONT NEED RAFT FOUNDATION IF YOU CANT AFFORD IT.
I KNOW A COUPLE OF GUYS WHO DID GERMAN ON A SOLID GROUND IN ASESE (B/4 DEEPER LIFE CHURCH LAGOS- IBADAN EXPRESS ROAD).I ASKED HIM WHY,HE SAID HE CAN AFFORD IT.
GREAT JOB U R DOING.
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by babadudu04: 11:40pm On Dec 30, 2009
People can tell you it cost me 'X' amount to construct a foundation ( i.e. from site clearing to excavation, up to ground floor slab aka German floor).

To save you the future  trouble of maintenance of ''Structural Cracks'' on your walls when the house is completed which you might have to repair may be every year due to foundation failure. The following will be my contributions:

1, Get a qualified structural engineer (not a drafts man) to design your building foundation based on the geological survey report of that area and you can agree a fee with him which will include major stage site supervision and inspections. Your design engineer should be independent and should not be your builder.

2, Try and avoid jack of all trades professionals.

3, Please note that your foundation design is determine by the nature of the soil you are building on and this will affect your cost too.

4, The floor area of your proposed development will also affect your foundation cost; example foundation cost of similar 4bedroom flat in the same location might be different due to floor area.

This is just a general advise and could be helpful but to some it might be too expensive. I am just sharing my 20years experience in the construction industry with  you.

Kind regards

grin
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 31, 2009
[b]20 years experience, and you sound like an outsider? And you cant different between: residential building, to commercial, heavy/civil, and industrial construction?
And can you share some pictures of homes you have built independently? I can share 3 different ones I built in 2009 in just one single location.
You can go rambling about structural engineer, soil test, etc; because in Nigeria, or anywhere in the world, structural engineers are only required when you are building something mega and not just a 2 units of 3 bedrooms bungalows or a 2/3 storey construction. I worked in Bayelsa in 2006, and we did all this things because of the soil conditions down there, and later found out that it was all still a great waste of money since we aren't building a mega mall or anything serious.
Once you have a solid and sound foundation laid for a bungalow, or any storey building, (even if the land isnt solid i.e. maybe the house is built on a swampy land, mud, or filled land), cracks are expected to start appearing before you even get to the lintel level of the house. That way, you know what part to re-enforce; and even the cracks are good sign, and you can be rest assured that the house is sitting properly, and well rested on its foundation, and the fillings has "perfectly settled within" the bowels.
Do you even know what the function of a "roller" is for? Its not just for roads, you use it to also get the fillings firmly keyed within the ground so the house would sit perfectly, and rollers arent necessary if you get your plannings right, and enough labor. And have you ever heard of the term "Rammered?" That's used when you want the filling you got on the land solidly hammered within the ground. Its easy to pick a charlatan and those text books engineers. I have meet plenty of you. You types wear big jackets, and keep those fake head wears all the time. Atleast, my own couple years count for something and I have first hand experience unlike you.[/b]
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by babadudu04: 7:39pm On Jan 01, 2010
Just to let you know the reason why i am not going to waste my time on you.

From your tread

A solidly laid 20mm concrete raft for a 7 bedroom duplex foundationon a straight land in Lekki

You mean you constructed a raft foundation that is 20mm thick and that foundation supports 7bedroom duplex shocked.

If you don't know i will explain to you the implication of your statement;

one inch (1'') is equals to 25mm and you build on a foundation that is less than one inch thick shocked shocked shocked. PLEASE PEOPLE BEWARE OF THIS GUY.

Also NOTE that this website is not only view by people in Nigeria only but it is Global and alot of Non-Nigerians use this website.

I have been doing this work since 1996 while in secondary school. And including a project management certification has made it alot more better

When i red  your tread above; i just can't stop laughing!!!

I graduated from Ondo State Polytechnic, Owo in 1990 from the department of Building and Quantity Surveying with HND in Quantity Surveying; VITA CONSTRUCTION in Oregun were my last employer; i left them to start my own construction outfit in the year 2000 and to date my company is still very strong and we growing our business every year. Bsc Construction Economist & Management; Msc Project Management; from University College, Dublin, between 2000 to 2007. We are not in the same class and i just have to stop here.

Property business is a serious business and this forum should encourage professional contributions.
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 02, 2010
[b]How can a professional ever go about measuring the breath of steel used for construction in inches? Did you mention 1' inch?
Comparing MM with inches grin, did you use a ruler or your thumb? How retarded and so outrageous. I need to find out who VITA construction are, they are a big threat to the construction industry if they ever employ someone like you.
Na wah O. Abeg, is there any building contractor or engineer here to intervene?
Anyone here can please ask any uneducated street or field welder what normal measurement or MM of steel people used in building foundation or decking.
I say it AUTHORITATIVELY, its always 12 MM or 11.8 MM. Its because of people like yourself some builders even go to the extend of using 20 MM for raft foundation because whenever people like you come around, you would keep criticizing their work, and scare the living hell out of the owner yet you know nothing about construction). Can you even explain why buildings fall? Ask me, I will tell you and explain the fundamental reasons why they do.
Can anyone spare this thread 5 minutes please, and ask a local welder and help me correct our 20 year experience HND holder. Ask them, are building steels measured in inches or MM? Because as much as I love been criticized and corrected, I cant stand totally ignorant people calling themselves engineers.
I BOLDLY say it, that a very professional builder doesnt even go beyond 12 MM or 11.8 if they are planning to build something small like a bungalow, or 2/3 story building. Did you really read what I wrote above? And are you sure you even know what a decking is? No one is talking about the foundation of the 3rd mainland bridge here sir.
You should drop the textbooks sir and go the field more often and ask questions from those little kids, because they know alot more than you claim. And I only asked you to share pictures of your recent projects; tempt me a little further, and I will litter this section with several I did within 2008 to 2009 with the locations, and addresses. And please I didnt ask you to quote your qualification or rubbish work history since it all seem like trash to me now. Maybe you've ever heard of the Israeli Company called Bulletin Construction based in different states within the country. The same company handled major of the roads, and estate projects within Abgado, Ajegunle, and Egbeda side and its much more respected by the governor than J'Berger or Cappa and Alberto. Do you think the Israelis would have employ a dimwit as a regional engineer for 2 and half years before I returned to work with RAMB Builders the construction company founded by my father, an accomplished popular hotel and petrol station builder? And who the hell is Vita Construction, like that name rings any bell at all. You can scare the uninitiated with these technical terms about soil test or structural engineer garbage, but seriously, people like you get real professionals angry, because they see you dont know anything at ALL.[/b][b][/b]
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by 2klong: 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2010
@aasog,i feel you jare.no mind these yeye engineers.this one even wowo 2much.haba how you go measure iron for inches.nor be plywood or block now.abi ur nor get wetin aasog they talk about.you sure say you kno this job at all,fear catch me o as i read the thing wey u write babadudu,i be bricklayer for 8 years, and na rubbsih be everything wey you dey claim.
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by babadudu04: 5:57pm On Jan 02, 2010
Now i know that you are not even aware of your own tread where you stated that you laid a ''20mm solid raft foundation for 7bedroom duplex in lekki'' ; please refer to your tread of December 25th, 2009 and you can see it below and this not my tread. 

A solidly laid 20mm concrete raft for a 7 bedroom duplex foundation on a straight land in Lekki

I am only asking you a question; how can you cast a concrete raft that is 20mm thick and this raft support 7bedroom duplexAaaaaaa.

My reference to one inch which is equal to 25mm is to bring you to understand that you can never build 7bedroom duplex on a 20mm concrete raft.

If you are sure you can constuct a 7bedroom duplex on 20mm thick concrete raft; i am throwing a challenge to you, i have a land in Badore near Ajah and i want you to construct a 5 bedroom duplex, i will provide all the required materials and fund for all labour and plants that are required for the whole task. I WILL FILM AND RECORD THE WHOLE PROCESS OF CONSTRUCTION AND POST IT ON THIS FORUM AND YOUTUBE SO THAT PEOPLE CAN SEE YOU BUILDING ON 20MM THICK RAFT FOUNDATION.

If you accept the challenge please let me know and i will forward my contact details.

In my last tread, i did not talk about reinforcement (i.e. Steel) at all. my reference to one inch as nothing to do with steel; i am only making reference to rule of measurement just to point out your mistake. Please see my extract from my tread below.

[b]''one inch (1'') is equals to 25mm and you build on a foundation that is less than one inch thick Shocked Shocked Shocked. PLEASE PEOPLE BEWARE OF THIS GU[/b]Y''.

Just to let you know you are the retarded one; i will show you a table that highlights the relationship inq sizes of steel in Inches (i.e. Imperal Measurement) and MM (i.e Metric Measurement)  ; i will continue   later

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by 2klong: 6:43pm On Jan 02, 2010
;d
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by 2klong: 6:55pm On Jan 02, 2010
You mean you constructed a raft foundation that is 20mm thick and that foundation supports 7bedroom duplex .

abge jare, no pour sand for dicussion now.how raft foundation fit be 20MM thick? even average layman get wetin aasog mention say iron used by the welder to create the raft is the 12mm him dey describe.
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by babadudu04: 7:04pm On Jan 02, 2010
You are a block head and you cannot read and understand simple English and that is your major problem.

You and your brother will build a 7bedroom flat on 20mm thick concrete raft foundation?

Do you think this website is only view by monkeys like.

You are a big full; please read through my tread and point out where i have stated that 12mm reinforcement should be used for foundation and highlight for people to see.

But if you cannot point this out then there is no point in talking to you.

If you cannot identify the relationship between Metric and Imperial why do you think i should even be talking to you.

I can't go on wasting my valueable time with you because it is impossible to impact knowledge into your block head.
shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Shares Video Of House An Agent Took Her To In Lagos For N300k / TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video / Quality Aluminum Roofing Sheets For Your Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.