Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Cost Of Laying Foundation - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Laying Foundation (55410 Views)

Laying Foundation For A 3-bedroom Flat On Half Plot Of Land (water-logged Area) / Cost Of laying a bungalow Foundation / Cost Of Laying Foundation Of A 4 Flat Storey Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by lastpage: 7:29pm On Jan 11, 2010
@nuruoniwo
I think you HAVE CRIED MORE THAN THE BEREAVED shocked shocked
Agreed that "aasog" made a mistake and if l remember, a few pages behind, he actually "apologized" to babadudu, not in secret but openly here!
By now, lam sure they have mend fences as we suggested but for you to just come out of the blues and dig-up old wounds, in such a vindictive manner as represented by your post, is uncalled for.

None is perfect but when we make mistakes and we realize it, we quickly make-up for it by apoligizing.
That should end it.
This idea of his building will collapse in 15years and so on and so forth, is belated.

If it were babadudu himself that is still angry and saying all these, l will attribute it to having his own "pound of flesh" grin but from a "third party", even if he was your boss, in an over-kill. That part about being a glorified bricklayer is a very personal insult and l am sure he did not insult you, directly.
Now, you also owe him an apology, (for civility's sake) or what will you do if you see him and babadudu shaking-down a bottle of Gulder this weekend?
Softly-softly with sympathy o! wink grin
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by nuruoniwo(m): 4:19pm On Jan 12, 2010
Thank you invisible for your advise and observations and to lastpage I strongly concur i will also use the opportunity to apologise to aasog, it only pained me because i am a professional of TEN years and i cant stand and see my senior colleague of 20years experience being insulted and also swear to you that i have never known babadudu until i only read his posts. Meanwhile, any interested person can get a very cheap service(s) of a professional in building and civil engineering work by contacting me on nadejimoh@yahoo.com preferably on raft foundation jobs and for current building costs Estimates.
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by lastpage: 4:15am On Jan 13, 2010
Good, we are all brothers and though we fly-off at times, no one is perfect.
I m happy we all friends now and "honor has been given o whom honor is due".

Thanks for maintaining the peace.
Your "advert" there is noted somewhere in the corner of my head and in my diary, who knows wink
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by kingboy(m): 5:41pm On Jan 13, 2010
But window & door beams dont have to be as reinforced like vertical pillars that carry the decking.
please explain better on the above statement,i have sent you a pix on which a friend wants to build his duplex.
iron mesh foundation like how many bags of cement will be needed for such a job also is the land good enough for the structure(duplex) i intend buying from that area(opposite deeper life lagos/ibadan express road.
mr last page i think i gain more than i contribute hope yopu dont mind cos i am not in for the buhaha

Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by lastpage: 9:17pm On Jan 13, 2010
Kingboy,
You are making me appear important than l am! grin
I m not "experienced" in building, infact, l have no experience beyond what l see with my eyes o!!

What l mean by that highlighted part in your statement is that:
Vertical beams carry direct, vertical weight.
Window and door beams, by that, l mean the concrete that goes across the horizontal breath of a window or door position (its the horizontal concrete that block will be laid upon).
they carry just a few blocks from lintel level upwards.
The real frame, and therefore wight of the building itself, rest on the vertical pillars.
I will get a picture and post so u can see what l am driving at.

I wish u more success and real blessing in that foundation work.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by kingboy(m): 6:32pm On Jan 15, 2010
i dont mean to disturb you but based on the thread,i really wish others in the house could contribute.
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by lastpage: 5:17am On Jan 16, 2010
I think you should also visit the Property section, you will come across very interesting posts there.

By the way, what happened in Haiti is making me think.

I am asking myself 'why is it that some houses are standing while others collapsed like a pack of cards"?

Truth is no matter how much we spend to build a "solid house", its not a waste, if we can afford it.
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by fellybabe(f): 6:55pm On Mar 24, 2010
very interesting topic ,

thanks to all contributors
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by lastpage: 4:20am On Apr 11, 2010
Kingboy,
How are you doing? Being out of circulation for a while, needed to "update" one of my professional certifications.
How far with your building project? Hope u're not relenting sha?
Pray that God will continue to bless the work of your hand and deliver all of us from "lagos landlord"! grin
Or are you done already?
Dont forget to invite me for "House warming" o! I sabi "jollyficate" with those whom God has blessed.
Cheers.
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by tony13: 12:56pm On Sep 23, 2010
DO ANY BODY KNOW THE PRICE OF red laterite/clay soil.

please at ibadan and lagos.

thanks
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by lastpage: 11:00pm On Sep 25, 2010
Cost of Laterite depends mainly on the location because it affects the cost of transporting it to site.

As of this week, its mostly #9,500 in most parts of Lagos but if your site is out of town, they may charge u more.

Anyway, for "an area", there is always a general, prevailing price.

Dont know about Ibadan price sha.

Hope this helps.
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by saridonp2: 10:12pm On Oct 20, 2010
Pls,I need your help to know the prices of Sand filling per truck,sharp sand per big truck and granites per big truck and also how many trucks of sand filling is required to fill a 4beroom bungallow all ensuite.Please advice me accordingly,
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by KACJ: 2:52am On Jan 02, 2012
what will be the cost of foundation (upto German floor) for a 2 storey building with 6 flats (each flat is 3 bedroom)?
it will be on dry land in owerri.
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by Army36(f): 6:56am On Dec 13, 2012
RECREATIVE DESIGN OFFERS THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:

ARCHITECTURE 2D & 3D

Design concept development
Detailed architectural house plans design (2D AUTOCAD & 3D)
Supervision and Project Management

INTERIOR DESIGN SERVICES

Interior Design for homes and offices
Hotel furnishing
Ceiling and wall design
Plaster of Paris for wall screeding and ceiling
Flooring(tiling, laminated floors, wood flooring etc..)
Window treatments (draperies, blinds etc..)
Colour and finish consultation
Bathroom Remodeling
Design of fitted kitchen
Furniture, art and antique procurement

BUILDING RENOVATION / REMODELING

Offices, Residential
Retail shops, Banking Halls
Hospitals, Showroom

SPACE PLANNING & MANAGEMENT

Space management Consultation
Design and Planning of open office spaces
Partitioning System ( wood, aluminum, glass etc.)

CUSTOM WOOD WORKS / FURNISHING

Design of fitted kitchens,Wardrobes
Cupboards, Cabinets, Wall units
shelving system, Organized storage systems
Workstations, Custom made beds
General Interior wood works

HOTEL FURNISHING

Complete interior design for hotel rooms, lobby and reception
supply of Furniture, and accents

CONTACT US FOR QUOTES ON YOUR PROJECT

Telephone: 08093-577-005, 0802-854-0261.

BBPIN: 259CCEB5

Email: recreative_design@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by Nobody: 10:02am On May 19, 2013
wink
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by skimanski(m): 12:07pm On Jul 02, 2013
Looking for an Architect? You show us your space and we make it look unique. Be it an empty plot, or a half built house, or a completed house, or a rented apartment or a Proposed shop. This is the right place to be.

Affordable architectural designs. Construction, Renovations, and Interiors. (Tiling, Kitchen, furnishings and solving general House problems)
CHECK OUT MY TREND https://www.nairaland.com/1164230/best-architectural-interior-construction-works
Architect Jude O. Odemwingie.
email: skimanski4life@yahoo.com
email; denstlimited@hotmail.com
email: dnstructures@gmail.com
Tel; 08038390386

Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by 0dav2(m): 11:19pm On Mar 02, 2015
pls i'm a bricklayer(mason)i dont really understand how 2 peg a building pls i nee someone that can help me pls even if i'm going to pay...contact >07038943890.
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by AkProsper(m): 5:13pm On Feb 18, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Incase u need a Qualified & Experience Tiller for your tilling works, Pls call Mr Alex: 08025929046.

Our cost is moderate and affordable.
We also do other floor/Wall finish such as Mozaic, Marble, Terrazo, Interlock E.t.c.

We promise U beauty and perfection...
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by mavericky(m): 9:21am On Apr 23, 2016
aasog I'm looking to build a 3 bedroom flat at gwagwlada in abuja and would like an estimate as to the cost from foundation. I already have a design for the project.
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by adebaxton(m): 10:20am On Apr 23, 2016
mavericky:
aasog
I'm looking to build a 3 bedroom flat at
gwagwlada in abuja and would like an estimate
as to
the cost from foundation. I already have a design
for the project.

I will be of service to provide a detailed quote for each stages of your proposed project to completion.

Reach Us: 08058307787
Email: access2m@yahoo.com
access2m@hotmail.com
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by Ogwuchristian: 6:28pm On Jul 25, 2016
Pls what is the size of this and

1 Share

Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by Simili(m): 7:00am On Aug 03, 2016
Good morning, pls I Need a rough estimate (cost ) of a 12 room self-contain.. Thanks
Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by gedion78: 10:44am On Apr 27, 2019
Please kindly help me with how much it can cost me to build a concrete foundation for this attached plan.

Re: Cost Of Laying Foundation by Duzzlag(m): 6:22pm On Jul 24, 2022
The foundation type to choose for a particular structure or building depends largely on the loads to be transmitted and the receiving soil bearing capacity must satisfy the following fundamental requirements obtainable in the foundation design and analysis:

The factor of safety against shear failure of the supporting soil must be adequate
The settlement should neither cause any unaccepted damage nor interferes with the function of the structure.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Shares Video Of House An Agent Took Her To In Lagos For N300k / TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video / Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.