Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,173 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail (9740 Views)

Police Arraign Small Doctor In Magistrate Court In Ebute Meta, Lagos / Georgina Onuoha To Seyi Law: I Totally Agree With You On Kemi Olunloyo's Arrest / Kemi Olunloyo Remanded In Prison Again, Charges Dropped Against Walson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by JamieBlog(m): 8:05am On Mar 24, 2017
THE absence of a magistrate, Alatuwo Fubara, at the Port Harcourt Magistrate’s Court on Thursday stalled the hearing on bail application of a blogger, Kemi Olunloyo, and a Port Harcourt-based publisher, Samuel Walson.

Olunloyo, the daughter of a former Governor of Oyo State, Omololu Olunloyo, and Walson were arrested for allegedly publishing materials believed to have defamed a frontline cleric, Pastor David Ibiyeomie, of the Salvation Ministries in Port Harcourt.

Though they were expected to appear in court in the morning, it was gathered that the absence of Fubara, who was expected to preside over the matter caused them to stay back in prison.

The magistrate was said to be unable to come to the court as a result of ill health.

While the duo’s lawyers and counsel for Salvation Ministries were present at the court, majority of those at the magistrate court were journalists and bloggers, who came to cover the hearing and also showed solidarity with their colleagues.

Olunloyo was arrested in Lagos, while Walson was apprehended in Port Harcourt. They were remanded in the Port Harcourt Prison.

Some of their friends told journalists that the suspects were currently having health challenges.

The court, however, fixed March 30, 2017, for hearing on the bail application of the journalists.

Speaking outside the court premises, the counsel for Olunloyo, Mr. Eugene Meabi, expressed regret that the bail hearing for her client could not take place as scheduled.

Meabi said, “It is sad, but we firmly believe that on the 30th of this month, the bail application will go on. It is a situation that we are not happy about.

“But we are going to align our position with that of the court. It is a sad development. We will hold on and keep faith. The suspect is ill,” he said.

In his remark, Phoebe Fawehinmi, who is the counsel for Walson, explained that her client was diabetic and was looking forward to the hearing on his bail application.

She maintained that justice must be done, adding that journalism was not a crime.

https://punchng.com/magistrates-absence-stalls-hearing-on-olunloyo-walsons-bail/amp/

Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by Nne5: 8:17am On Mar 24, 2017
lool

Tbh I miss kemi and her investigative journalism.

14 Likes

Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by FirstCounsel(m): 9:01am On Mar 24, 2017
[color=][/color] grin cheesy
Nne5:
lool
??
Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by Olanews: 9:10am On Mar 24, 2017
Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by geostrata(m): 9:11am On Mar 24, 2017
grin

I will stop sucking wen she is granted bail

2 Likes

Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 24, 2017
I don dey feel for tgis woman. embarassed
Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 24, 2017
Dear Kemi,
Enjoy your stay in Port-harcourt prison, we have been having relative peace since you were thrown into jail.

My prayer is that you will be formally jailed for this offense and sent to Kuje prison where Onikuje of Kuje, Oba Nnamdi Kanu will be waiting to ba*ng you severely. I am sure you will enjoy the guy as he is used to oloshos and was even caught with one.

Till we see you in 5 years time, God be with us all, Amen

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by Tazdroid(m): 9:12am On Mar 24, 2017
So e mean say Madam Kemi go remain for detention? Why don't we have alternate Magistrates to handle situations like this?

I know say Madam Kemi don misyan on some occasions but she no deserve to stay for jail. I don dey miss her controversial commentaries

2 Likes

Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by Qmerit(m): 9:12am On Mar 24, 2017
Ok
Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by TippyTop(m): 9:12am On Mar 24, 2017
I want to see Kemi in jail, I mean Kemi Adeosun for gross incompetence.

6 Likes

Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:12am On Mar 24, 2017
Ok.. wen she come out from jail she will learn hw to keep quiet... pls don't forget to check my signature..

4 Likes

Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by adeoba2008(m): 9:12am On Mar 24, 2017
Keeping holding on Aunty Kemi.

1 Like

Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by YoungB1a(m): 9:13am On Mar 24, 2017
Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 24, 2017
She go tey for there

Please keep here there make we see nose breath

Tori don boku for aunty Kemi to write about
In your absence anti Kemo, Dino yansh don open grin
Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by Naughtytboy: 9:13am On Mar 24, 2017
K

Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by greatmen: 9:14am On Mar 24, 2017
Destroying someone's character or home without evidence is not a crime story story

2 Likes

Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by petrov10: 9:14am On Mar 24, 2017
abeg make una hold am there make we hear word
Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by 1stGenius(m): 9:15am On Mar 24, 2017
That's naija for you.Them fit dey there for the next 1yr.Na so them go just dey postpone am.
Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by Bollinger(m): 9:15am On Mar 24, 2017
Nigeria is truly a wonderful country. When did defamation of character become a criminal matter? What a country. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by lazsnaira(m): 9:15am On Mar 24, 2017
...a case of journalism gone awry!
Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by kingcypress: 9:15am On Mar 24, 2017
They should please arrest Flavour too... Lock the both of them in the same cell... So dat Mr Flavour can give her the flavour she has being clamoring for... After their escapades, they should now transfer her to Yaba Left for proper check up.

But if Mr Flavour is not available, I think Cucumber will do....

Talkative irresponsible mad woman.

1 Like

Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by tmanny1: 9:15am On Mar 24, 2017
huche:
I don dey catch feelings for this woman. embarassed

Corrected kiss kiss
Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by Kobicove(m): 9:15am On Mar 24, 2017
It's beginning to look like Aunty Kemi will spend Easter in jail undecided
Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by Tazdroid(m): 9:16am On Mar 24, 2017
TippyTop:
I want to see Kemi in jail, I mean Kemi Adeosun for gross incompetence.

1 Like

Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by gbaskiboy: 9:16am On Mar 24, 2017
Aunty Olorun loyo go hear amgrin
Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by SmartMugu: 9:17am On Mar 24, 2017
Good.
Please keep her for a while longer because as soon as she gets out she'll start accusing people wrongly again.

She might even say she saw prison warders sleeping with donkeys, or DPO doing ritual with her mogshot, or judge masturbating in court during her trial. That's her MO. Weird person with weird news all the time.

2 Likes

Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by iSufferFools: 9:17am On Mar 24, 2017
I wonder why they always fall ill when in prison.

This should be a sound warning to bloggers, know that one day it might be you.

2 Likes

Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by delishpot: 9:17am On Mar 24, 2017
Na wa o. They should appoint another magistrate to hear the case na. Abi someone pay him to fall sick so that kemi would sleep some more nights in detention grin grin grin
Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by tobiasbeecher: 9:18am On Mar 24, 2017
At least when she is finally released, she will know how to respect people and desist from defamation and assassination of character

1 Like

Re: Magistrate’s Absence Stalls Hearing On Kemi Olunloyo, Samuel Walson’s Bail by smartty68(m): 9:18am On Mar 24, 2017
Ah

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Robbers Attack 2face Again: Take Jeep / Bobrisky Twin Sister Ex-bf Leak Her Nude Pic Online Over Tonto Dikeh Issue (18+) / Erica Makes It To Xvideos, Nigerians React (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.