Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,182 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court (20116 Views)

Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers / Diamond Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Staff? / Court Orders MTN To Pay 63 Sacked Staff 4yrs & Post-disengagement Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by eyzeberg: 2:26pm On Mar 25, 2017
Very useless bank.. I quickly left when I saw the hand writing on the wall. it's an annual ritual sacking people in diamond bank.. they call it TSUNAMI, annually between April n May.
Diamond bank failed to realise a successful organization thrive on resourceful staff. Experienced staff are sacked annually and new rookies are rmpliy d to replace them.

The inexperienced one are given higher responsibilities and they work without knowledge with monumental daily fraud.

The bank never south, when it arrived south, it will enter the ocean and never return.

Pascal should realise that its not compulsory uzoma must be MD/*CEO now. the guy is not matured or knowledgeable enough to manage that bank.

It will be too late before Pascal realises.

1 Like

Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by CHARLOE(m): 2:35pm On Mar 25, 2017
tjay01:
This is long overdue. Diamond Bank, unlike other Commercial Banks have the habit of sacking their workers without paying their entitlements. Rather they debit their staff accounts and convert it to a loan facility with ambigious interest rates. The names of the afftected staff are then forwarded as loan defaulters.

This inhumane practise needs to be addressed once and for all.

Also, a lot of sharp and unethical practices are being done by the Bank's management, headed by Uzoma Dozie ranging from bad corporate goverance, management fraud, forex fraud, liquidity issues as a result of bad loans, excess charges and deductions needs to be looked into by the CBN before the Bank crashes.

The MD/CEO certainly dosent have what it takes to lead a Bank and he was only fortunate his father had controlling stakes in the bank.

May God help us all.

Meanwhile, lala pls do the needful and move this to frontpage
Oh so d new Md practically inherited d bank with no experience, no wonder!
Criminal bank, still owing me 12k illegally deducted from my account over 4 months (3k/month)
Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by pokipoki: 2:54pm On Mar 25, 2017
ol2012:

You sound like you are an important stakeholder (perhaps a customer, investor or staff) of diamond bank. If you indeed are, all you need to do is to get a copy of the bank's current financials to ascertain my claim. Nigerians deserve to know what is currently going on in the bank, and it is only fair we let them

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/04/28/diamond-bank-profit-after-tax-falls-by-88-to-n5-6-billion/
Published in April 2016

https://www.proshareng.com/report/Nigeria-Economy/Diamond-Bank-Q3-2015-results-review--Moving-to-Underperform-Proshare/8836

Yet another.
Just try to source for and study the bank's financials from 2014/2015 to date
I don't have to be a "customer, investor or staff" before I can state the facts. The Op did not give facts that the bank is going south and what you attached is 2015 and 2016 results. You should be smart enough to know that fortunes can change between April 2016 and April 2017 (when the bank will post its end of year result) and you cannot predict a bank's profitability based on the past year result. The way it changed for the bank for 2015 and 2016.
Besides, can you list 10 organization in Nigeria that did not have profitability issues from the onset of Buhari administration in 2015?
I am saying this because this kind of "false news" can have a negative effect on banks. Bank in Nigeria have gone distress because of this kind of news.
Remember, thousand of people are on the payroll of the bank. Do you want the bank to collapse for them to be jobless?
Like I earlier mentioned, I don't have issues with people fighting for their rights, I only have issues with people misinterpreting facts.
Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by ol2012: 3:14pm On Mar 25, 2017
pokipoki:

I don't have to be a "customer, investor or staff" before I can state the facts. The Op did not give facts that the bank is going south and what you attached is 2015 and 2016 results. You should be smart enough to know that fortunes can change between April 2016 and April 2017 (when the bank will post its end of year result) and you cannot predict a bank's profitability based on the past year result. The way it changed for the bank for 2015 and 2016.
Besides, can you list 10 organization in Nigeria that did not have profitability issues from the onset of Buhari administration in 2015?

I am saying this because this kind of "false news" can have a negative effect on banks. Bank in Nigeria have gone distress because of this kind of news.
Remember, thousand of people are on the payroll of the bank. Do you want the bank to collapse for them to be jobless?
Like I earlier mentioned, I don't have issues with people fighting for their rights, I only have issues with people misinterpreting facts.

It's quite disturbing that you seem so bothered about the staff currently on the bank's payroll, but ironically unconcerned about the unlawfully exited staff.

I did tell you to go and study the bank's financials from 2014 to date to ascertain my claim and even assisted you with two different links. If you are so bothered about the bank's staff, then why are you so lazy to do what I advised you to do? After all, Buhari was not yet president in 2014 and the country was not in recession then.

The import of this thread is to let Nigerians know the injustice meted out to the disengaged staff which they have now gone to court to seek redress for. It is not about running down the bank, after all if the bank's management paid off the affected staff(like others bank's that also laid off same same year did) there won't be a need for the legal action as well as this thread.

Did you read in the original post that the retrenchment was carried out even against the advise of the country's labor minister? All that concerns you is that the bank should not go down, even if they continue perpetrating heinous corporate criminal offenses.

Nawa for you oh Oga!

2 Likes

Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by pokipoki: 3:26pm On Mar 25, 2017
ol2012:

It's quite disturbing that you seem so bothered about the staff currently on the bank's payroll, but ironically unconcerned about the unlawfully exited staff.

I did tell you to go and study the bank's financials from 2014 to date to ascertain my claim and even assisted you with two different links. If you are so bothered about the bank's staff, then why are you so lazy to do what I advised you to do? After all, Buhari was not yet president in 2014 and the country was not in recession then.

The import of this thread is to let Nigerians know the injustice meted out to the disengaged staff which they have now gone to court to seek redress for. It is not about running down the bank, after all if the bank's management paid off the affected staff(like others bank's that also laid off same same year did) there won't be a need for the legal action as well as this thread.

Did you read in the original post that the retrenchment was carried out even against the advise of the country's labor minister? All that concerns you is that the bank should not go down, even if they continue perpetrating heinous corporate criminal offenses.

Nawa for you oh Oga!
What part of my last paragraph is so.difficult for you to understand. "Like I earlier mentioned, I don't have issues with people fighting for their rights, I only have issues with people misinterpreting facts."
Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by ol2012: 3:35pm On Mar 25, 2017
pokipoki:

What part of my last paragraph is so.difficult for you to understand. "Like I earlier mentioned, I don't have issues with people fighting for their rights, I only have issues with people misinterpreting facts."

What facts have I misinterpreted Oga? I'll advise you to stop displaying your ignorance here. Just come with your evidence(s) disputing my claims if you so much believe I'm misinterpreting any facts. The country's problems are continually compounded by people who reason the way you do.

Meanwhile do not reply me again unless you have evidence(s) clearly disputing my claims

4 Likes

Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by AyamBlaze: 4:22pm On Mar 25, 2017
OP, Which one be 'drag' now? Is there no other better vocabulary to use??
Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by Curry30: 4:28pm On Mar 25, 2017
Diamond Bank is in crisis.
I've been a customer since 2011.
Lately they are forcing all customers to apply for ATM cards
That's just a strategy to raise money from their customers & subject them to ATM maintenance charges and other hidden charges.
They won't even allow you withdraw unless u apply for an ATM card...just imagine.

Pls, empty your accounts before it's too late.
As for me I transferred all my funds out to GTB. Left #48 for them.
Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by pokipoki: 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2017
ol2012:

What facts have I misinterpreted Oga? I'll advise you to stop displaying your ignorance here. Just come with your evidence(s) disputing my claims if you so much believe I'm misinterpreting any facts. The country's problems are continually compounded by people who reason the way you do.

Meanwhile do not reply me again unless you have evidence(s) clearly disputing my claims
My last paragraph was actually about people fighting for their rights.
You might want to consider your assertion on the bank and also try to argue with facts. It really makes sense!!!

Thank you
Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by Justiceleague1: 4:42pm On Mar 25, 2017
I blame the gworo chewing kunu sipping grass importer....bloody chanji exponent..
And then,thunda faya aphonja mumunis grin
Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by Unike1(m): 4:54pm On Mar 25, 2017
pokipoki:
What proof so you have that the bank is going south? Is it mere hearsay or you have their financial to prove the bank is going south? Am.not against people.protesting for their rights but I am against slander.
Please put a proof that the bank is going south!!!

Was there any proof that the defunct bank PHB was going south before it was acquired by AMCON? Well, I think you have your funds in the bank so you just stylishly asked this question to be sure. He who has ears; let him hear.
Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by pokipoki: 5:03pm On Mar 25, 2017
Unike1:

Was there any proof that the defunct bank PHB was going south before it was acquired by AMCON? Well, I think you have your funds in the bank so you just stylishly asked this question to be sure. He who has ears; let him hear.
You just don't get the point. Do you even know even know the genesis of Bank PHB problem before the AMC ON acquisition? I really don't think so.
Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by Unike1(m): 5:33pm On Mar 25, 2017
pokipoki:

You just don't get the point. Do you even know even know the genesis of Bank PHB problem before the AMC ON acquisition? I really don't think so.

Hey bro, I'll tell you authoritatively that staff of defunct bank PHB had not even the slightest idea the bank was at the verge of collapse. Not with the performance of the MD Francis Atuche. You have been referred to read up diamond bank's financials for 2014/2015. I really don't understand what you want to know. Go read and be enlightened on recent happenings in the bank. Call a friend that works there if you have one and ask what the bank did to staff just yesterday. No be my mouth you go hear am. I'm done here.
Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by pokipoki: 5:51pm On Mar 25, 2017
Unike1:

Hey bro, I'll tell you authoritatively that staff of defunct bank PHB had not even the slightest idea the bank was at the verge of collapse. Not with the performance of the MD Francis Atuche. You have been referred to read up diamond bank's financials for 2014/2015. I really don't understand what you want to know. Go read and be enlightened on recent happenings in the bank. Call a friend that works there if you have one and ask what the bank did to staff just yesterday. No be my mouth you go hear am. I'm done here.
Hahahaha. What if I told you I worked in that bank?
Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by ol2012: 7:07pm On Mar 25, 2017
AyamBlaze:
OP, Which one be 'drag' now? Is there no other better vocabulary to use??

Kindly suggest a 'better' vocabulary pls

Thank you
Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by ol2012: 7:10pm On Mar 25, 2017
pokipoki:

Hahahaha. What if I told you I worked in that bank?

Really!

You mean you're an ex banker?

But your moniker makes me imagine you sell medicine. You know that medicine marketed in the south western part of the country, which the sellers claim is able to cure virtually all types of ailments.

It's called 'Ajase Pokipoki'
Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by property123: 8:04pm On Mar 25, 2017
Alex Otti did very well but this small Daddy's boy MD cannot lead the bank well. But for the Board to approve him was the beginning of the bank's down fall. I Bet you the current MD can not run a branch successfully.

1 Like

Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by j24bes36: 8:54pm On Mar 25, 2017
Person go spend plenty years for school, com serve,com suffer get work on top of the work your superior go still dey threaten you at the end they com tell you say we nor need your service again.
When will there be job security in this naija.
Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by AyamBlaze: 11:01pm On Mar 25, 2017
ol2012:

Kindly suggest a 'better' vocabulary pls

Thank you
Rather than say "sacked staff drag diamond bank to court", try "sacked staff sues diamond bank".

*Drops mic*
Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by pokipoki: 1:47am On Mar 26, 2017
ol2012:

Really!

You mean you're an ex banker?

But your moniker makes me imagine you sell medicine. You know that medicine marketed in the south western part of the country, which the sellers claim is able to cure virtually all types of ailments.

It's called 'Ajase Pokipoki'
grin grin grin
Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by pokipoki: 1:51am On Mar 26, 2017
property123:
Alex Otti did very well but this small Daddy's boy MD cannot lead the bank well. But for the Board to approve him was the beginning of the bank's down fall. I Bet you the current MD can not run a branch successfully.
Its just to early for you to say that. Your comment would be better appreicated after his first term in office. Also put in consideration that lot of business in Nigeria suffered from 2015 when Buhari was sworn in as president of Nigeria.
Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by pokipoki: 2:07am On Mar 26, 2017
Curry30:
Diamond Bank is in crisis.
I've been a customer since 2011.
Lately they are forcing all customers to apply for ATM cards
That's just a strategy to raise money from their customers & subject them to ATM maintenance charges and other hidden charges.
They won't even allow you withdraw unless u apply for an ATM card...just imagine.

Pls, empty your accounts before it's too late.
As for me I transferred all my funds out to GTB. Left #48 for them.
Hahahaha. Why won't they force customers to apply for ATM card when some customers come to the bank to do only N1,000 transaction. Maybe you are one of those customers who like crowded banking halls and enjoy passing time queueing to get cash?
Economies of scale say it doesn't make sense. Do you know why? The bank has to run diesel generators, pay staff salaries and also pay government taxes. It is always easier and cheaper when customers execute their transactions via electronic means and most importantly it is Central bank recommendations as part of cashless policy.
Selection of banks is purely on people's discretion. But you won't find any bank in Nigeria in 2017 that would not insist on you having either an ATM card, Internet banking.or mobile banking.
Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by chimeziepaul: 6:57am On Mar 26, 2017
When Alex Otti was there, things were better. At this level, Diamond bank is a total disappointment.
Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by judajix(m): 2:49pm On Mar 26, 2017
diamond bank wae lock my money since over a month
yeye bank
Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by jagoshogz: 10:03pm On Apr 15, 2017
Update please!!!!
Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by jagoshogz: 10:06pm On Apr 15, 2017
Re: Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court by jagoshogz: 12:26pm On May 01, 2017
Please what is thr update.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? / Nigerian Lady Calls Out Event Decorator Who Allegedly Steals Photos Online / Just Got A Pay Rise At The Office.. Hallelujah!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.