Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Happy Birthday Hon. Emeka Ihedioha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy Birthday Hon. Emeka Ihedioha (341 Views)

Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election / Governor Emeka Ihedioha Travelling With Only 3 Convoys (photos / Emeka Ihedioha Visits Prince Arthur Eze In Anambra (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Hon. Emeka Ihedioha by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 24, 2017
Hon. Emeka Ihedioha : The Home Boy of Imo that I know and his Politics at 52
By: Aic Akwarandu
Like a huge elephant described differently by some blind men, the personality of Rt. Hon. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha is both complex and confounding. While several people describe him as someone with unmitigated love for his reputation and could go any length to protect it, others see him from the prism of his legislative accomplishments as one with strong drive for excellence. But to some who belong to what I describe as the Pull -him-Down school of thought, he is a social contradiction, an arrogant, inaccessible, proud and stingy fellow.
This PHD school of thought clothing him in these garbs is most feeble, unfounded, superfluous and irredeemably infantile and only exposes their frustrations with his ever-rising political stature. These adversaries most conveniently create such personality for him to de-market him and whittle down his ever-growing political strength. If I hadn’t known him closely perhaps, I would have been caught in the web of these mischievous propaganda.
Contrary to these delusive vituperations of misguided minds, the Emeka Ihedioha that I have come to know is not arrogant, inaccessible or proud, but firm, progressive, selfless and has deep respect for our culture and tradition. That he is being labeled an arrogant and disrespectful to elders rather beats my concern and painfully laughable. I think it is rather a misinterpretation of his firmness, frankness and hard work, which are exemplary virtues that stands him out from the pack.
I can ably describe him as a surefooted person that has no sympathy for dullards. He is someone who is not given to base nepotism particularly in the choice of aides and assignment of responsibilities but goes for tested capacities. A record of his legislative accomplishments lends credence to this. He obviously does not discriminate against persons based of social class as he could attend any social event irrespective of the social class of person that invited him and would sit through the event. On the cultural side , he is a man deeply in love with our culture and tradition and has never been found wanting in respect and reverence for elders and our traditional institutions particularly to ndi Eze. Little wonder he has harvested more traditional titles across the state and beyond than any known political figure from the state. His respect for elders always brings him into conflict with his aides whom he would ask to surrender their seats at any social event for the elders.
I do not quarrel with those cynics who see nothing good about Emeka Ihedioha as their jaundiced prejudices do not in any way diminish his time-tested qualities as a leader that can be trusted. He is a man who will rather not make pretenses about His positions on issues than gratify you with lies to massage your predispositions. He is a man who will go all out to defend what he believes in even as he remains open to wider consultations and ideas. For instance, a lot of politicians find it difficult to say no even where absolutely necessary, but take the easy route of deceits and half-truths for fear of offending someone. But Emeka would boldly say "This is what I will be able to do and this is what I will not be able to do". While some people see this as being arrogant, I see it as being principled and sincere. Some also have even accused him of being stingy and selfish. Whatever that means, but it is on record that most of the people who benefited so much from him while in office are neither related to him nor from his constituency. Thats the spirit of a detribalized Nigerian.
On the lighter mode, Hon. Emeka Ihedioha does not “share money” but dutifully renders assistance to people in need. It is on record that he facilitated the employment of over 176 Imo state youths into several federal MDAs and several others benefited from several skill acquisition trainings he organized. He believes in youth empowerment through g
Re: Happy Birthday Hon. Emeka Ihedioha by Nkemtreasure: 5:40pm On Mar 24, 2017
Who is he?........ Okayyyy, is it the former deputy speaker who couldn't do anything for his home state abi his LGA never felt his impact apart from his siren and motor bike lanes. Abeg, Yaba left
Re: Happy Birthday Hon. Emeka Ihedioha by sorry1(m): 5:52pm On Mar 24, 2017
I'm igbo, but I don't give a damn about any Nigerian politician; be he igbo, hausa or yoruba.They are all the Same. Irrespective of where he comes from, give him chance he will top the person he was criticizing in "corruption" wen given a chance.

(1) (Reply)

Dino Melaye: Senate Summons Abu Vc To Appear Today / Petroleum Industry Bill – Senate To Receive Final Report On PIGB April 25th / Youth, Key To Achieving Sdgs In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.