Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,456 members, 7,836,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

What Diffrence Does It Make If Goodluck Takes Over Today? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Diffrence Does It Make If Goodluck Takes Over Today? (630 Views)

Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power / Kemi Omololu-olunloyo Threatens To Commit Suicide If Goodluck Jonathan Wins 2015 / Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Diffrence Does It Make If Goodluck Takes Over Today? by Depilot(m): 3:41pm On Dec 22, 2009
As long as we are all Nigerians, we will forever cry, complain, whine, criticize and quickly make our judgement about things we clearly do not know; even if Jesus happens to be our president it wouldn't make any difference, Nigerians are born to cry and point finger at everybody and everything except themselves. So, why all the noise about Yaradua stepping down and Goodluck taking over?
Goodluck as our president, I can assure you that in less than 2 months Goodluck will be criticized and painted with dirty black paint by the same people calling for him to take over.
May be this is the perfect time for all of us to pause for a second and realize that it takes excellent followers to produce a great leader.
May be if we change the way we view things, it will also rub off on our leaders and everyone else around us.

I'm not saying Goodluck shouldn't take over, but let us also change our mindset to succeed.
Re: What Diffrence Does It Make If Goodluck Takes Over Today? by Atoms70: 4:28pm On Dec 22, 2009
I hate to say much,
but I personally echo your above statement.
Re: What Diffrence Does It Make If Goodluck Takes Over Today? by cre8tivity(f): 8:13pm On Dec 22, 2009
china has one of the most unpleasant leaders around the world, but yet the country continues to prosper in the eyes of or against all odds.
anyone that gives credit to chinese government for her great accomplishments around the world is a fool. all the credits go to the citizens that continue to push through even when things in their country are far from being perfect. this is called discipline and dedication.
i predict that in a very short period real democracy will be introduced in china and this country will immediately take over the world. they will become the super power of the world.
leaders in china are cruel and human rights law is clearly redefined in this environment, but still the leaders and the citizens (followers) completely understand their responsibilities.
in nigeria, the citizens are as bad as their leaders; but nobody has the sincerity to address this issue. i’m afraid that regardless of the name of our next president or where the president is from, nigeria will continue to fall behind till the citizens and the leaders understand and embrace their responsibilities.
blind men leading blind people; who is to blame when the fat pot breaks?
Re: What Diffrence Does It Make If Goodluck Takes Over Today? by OBJ3(m): 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2009
the first and only country in the world without a president grin

did i hear somebody blame OBJ? angry

i guess someone wishes the 3rd term agenda worked cool
Re: What Diffrence Does It Make If Goodluck Takes Over Today? by cre8tivity(f): 8:42pm On Dec 22, 2009
@topic, no disrespect to goodluck or anybody else, but it totally makes no difference.
efcc will still be fumbling, politicians will continue to steal, poor power supply will stay alive, poor nigerians will still be hungry, the fat cats will continue to make more money and nairaland members will continue to bash the new president.
Re: What Diffrence Does It Make If Goodluck Takes Over Today? by OBJ3(m): 8:51pm On Dec 22, 2009
this is not about goodluck, this is about wether our system works.
Re: What Diffrence Does It Make If Goodluck Takes Over Today? by Gbawe: 9:35pm On Dec 22, 2009
Depilot:

As long as we are all Nigerians, we will forever cry, complain, whine, criticize and quickly make our judgement about things we clearly do not know; even if Jesus happens to be our president it wouldn't make any difference, Nigerians are born to cry and point finger at everybody and everything except themselves. So, why all the noise about Yaradua stepping down and Goodluck taking over?
Goodluck as our president, I can assure you that in less than 2 months Goodluck will be criticized and painted with dirty black paint by the same people calling for him to take over.
May be this is the perfect time for all of us to pause for a second and realize that it takes excellent followers to produce a great leader.
May be if we change the way we view things, it will also rub off on our leaders and everyone else around us.

I'm not saying Goodluck shouldn't take over, but let us also change our mindset to succeed.

I see your point . Nonetheless there is the consideration that great people produce great leadership and great leaders in history have also gone on to produce an inspired , and ultimately, great people. This is like the conundrum of wether the egg produced the Chicken or the other way round.

Of course I am not foolish enough to think that the progress of Nigeria will depend on the coming of a Messiah but given how disunited , disillusioned and dejected Nigerians are our problems may begin to have solutions if we gain a very decent and pro-people President. In Nigeria power is concentrated consumately in the Presidency. In other words it is the call of the President to develop or regress Nigeria. He can also develop Nigerians and make them believe in the values of hardwork, honesty and integrity or he can give them the type of values , through his own bling lifestyle and gross theft, that makes them conclude that stealing is the only way to get on in life !!!!

Do some of us not wonder why some of those very smart 4i9ners never deploy their intelligence to develop big business brands that would be far more profitable than risky endeavour that may lead to lengthy jail term? Could it be that they are generational victims of decades during which consecutive Nigerian Leaders glamourised stealing and dishonesty ? A good President can begin to make Nigerians believe again just like how Fashola's actions has convinced those who had written off Lagos to begin paying their taxes voluntarily !!!!

I am one of those who does not believe that Nigerians are intrinsically bad, corrupt or dishonest. Successive crooks , as Presidents, have given Nigerians questionable examples to follow , ultimately leading to warped ethics. Let us struggle , in 2011 , to gain a decent President , who will genuinely lead by example, and we shall see if many Nigerians will not begin questioning their own wrong attitude. If we have a President who says "A" and it is actually A ,  how long before those working under him start to believe again in integrity ,honesty, patriotism and a better Nigeria ? How long before the man in the street gains a new attitude and belief in a great Nigeria?

We just need to stop giving our number one job to crooks, egomaniacs and ill-prepared individuals. The damage they do bastardizing the ethos of Nigerians is what is responsible for getting us where we are today.

I say the beginning of a new Nigeria starts from the fight to ensure a man of integrity and purpose takes over as President in 2011. No more cabal-serving cronies as President !!!!!
Re: What Diffrence Does It Make If Goodluck Takes Over Today? by Depilot(m): 1:12am On Dec 23, 2009
I see your point . Nonetheless there is the consideration that great people produce great leadership and great leaders in history have also gone on to produce an inspired , and ultimately, great people. This is like the conundrum of wether the egg produced the Chicken or the other way round.

Of course I am not foolish enough to think that the progress of Nigeria will depend on the coming of a Messiah but given how disunited , disillusioned and dejected Nigerians are our problems may begin to have solutions if we gain a very decent and pro-people President. In Nigeria power is concentrated consumately in the Presidency. In other words it is the call of the President to develop or regress Nigeria. He can also develop Nigerians and make them believe in the values of hardwork, honesty and integrity or he can give them the type of values , through his own bling lifestyle and gross theft, that makes them conclude that stealing is the only way to get on in life !!!!

Do some of us not wonder why some of those very smart 4i9ners never deploy their intelligence to develop big business brands that would be far more profitable than risky endeavour that may lead to lengthy jail term? Could it be that they are generational victims of decades during which consecutive Nigerian Leaders glamourised stealing and dishonesty ? A good President can begin to make Nigerians believe again just like how Fashola's actions has convinced those who had written off Lagos to begin paying their taxes voluntarily !!!!

I am one of those who does not believe that Nigerians are intrinsically bad, corrupt or dishonest. Successive crooks , as Presidents, have given Nigerians questionable examples to follow , ultimately leading to warped ethics. Let us struggle , in 2011 , to gain a decent President , who will genuinely lead by example, and we shall see if many Nigerians will not begin questioning their own wrong attitude. If we have a President who says "A" and it is actually A , how long before those working under him start to believe again in integrity ,honesty, patriotism and a better Nigeria ? How long before the man in the street gains a new attitude and belief in a great Nigeria?

We just need to stop giving our number one job to crooks, egomaniacs and ill-prepared individuals. The damage they do bastardizing the ethos of Nigerians is what is responsible for getting us where we are today.

I say the beginning of a new Nigeria starts from the fight to ensure a man of integrity and purpose takes over as President in 2011. No more cabal-serving cronies as President !!!!!

Very refreshing, on point and extremely seasoned.
Re: What Diffrence Does It Make If Goodluck Takes Over Today? by Nobody: 1:22am On Dec 23, 2009
Those who quest for Jonathan Goodluck's takeover do not expect the man to be any better than Yar'adua.

But a country of 150million people and 250 ethnics groups can only function better and get nearer its aspiration for a civilised and egalitarian society if it has laid down rules as we already have in our constitution and then obey the constitution even when it is not convenient to some of us.
Re: What Diffrence Does It Make If Goodluck Takes Over Today? by Depilot(m): 1:27am On Dec 23, 2009
china has one of the most unpleasant leaders around the world, but yet the country continues to prosper in the eyes of or against all odds.
anyone that gives credit to chinese government for her great accomplishments around the world is a fool. all the credits go to the citizens that continue to push through even when things in their country are far from being perfect. this is called discipline and dedication.
i predict that in a very short period real democracy will be introduced in china and this country will immediately take over the world. they will become the super power of the world.
leaders in china are cruel and human rights law is clearly redefined in this environment, but still the leaders and the citizens (followers) completely understand their responsibilities.
in nigeria, the citizens are as bad as their leaders; but nobody has the sincerity to address this issue. i’m afraid that regardless of the name of our next president or where the president is from, nigeria will continue to fall behind till the citizens and the leaders understand and embrace their responsibilities.
blind men leading blind people; who is to blame when the fat pot breaks?

I did not see it this way; I guess, it all boils down to discipline and dedication

(1) (Reply)

Violence Breaks Out In Jos / In The Court Of The People- Nigeria's Leaders Indicted: A Protest Song / Probes That Have Gone: Extinct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.