Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,961 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? (6985 Views)

How Do I Tell Him That The Woman He Married Is A Marine Spirit? / Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? / Spirit Husbands And Spirit Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by Pappyman: 4:08pm On Dec 22, 2009
My people, I am undergoing some emotional challenges and I'm finding it difficult to manage.Please, I need help from the house, what can one do when having emotional troubles and the spirit is down?
Kindly assist.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by ifyalways(f): 4:19pm On Dec 22, 2009
Pappyman:

My people, I am undergoing some emotional challenges and I'm finding it difficult to manage.Please, I need help from the house, what can one do when having emotional troubles and the spirit is down?
Kindly assist.
keep LOL-ing,LMAO and ROFL . cheesy
On a serious note,First be very well assured that its perfectely natural for you to be low some days,Life itself is an emotional roller coaster.Spend time with people you love,people that make u smile,positive people.You might want to change ur enviroment,engage in a hobby or something u have been dying to do,go on holidays or take a break from work/everyday routine.start a dancing class,learn how to play a musical instrument,sing . . . .just be engaged physically and emotionally,DONT STAY IDLE.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 22, 2009
welcome to life,
dont worry, its only gonna get worse, smile,  just kidding grin but on a more
serious note, Just say screw it, Don't waste time being sad over small inconsequential things that,
when you think about it, don't matter at all. thats life sad happy sad happy till death, we gotta get used
to it. so in short suck it up.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by Fhemmmy: 5:13pm On Dec 22, 2009
Pray and listen to some nice music that will lift your spirit up
Have people around you.
Think about whatever made u to be in such mood and find a way to deal with it.
Good luck.

Note: More people are moody and stressed during the festivity period cos of:
1. Dont have their family around them
2. It is time to evaluate how the year has gone
3. Not financially buoyant

However, please take it easy and it is just a phase.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by ubiaa5(f): 7:08pm On Dec 22, 2009
smileyAsk God to give u the strenght to carry on and dont forget that he never gives u more that u can carry n he will definatwly see u through.Stay blessed.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by Outstrip(f): 7:08pm On Dec 22, 2009
Do something fun that you might not usually do. Do something nice for someone. Focus on you for a while. Focus on positive things. Keep in mind that no matter how things are now that it will change so focus on how good you will feel when you don't feel this way anymore. It is well.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by sweetpie23: 7:10pm On Dec 22, 2009
cry, cry more dance, dance more, sleep, and laugh watch funny movies.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by Fhemmmy: 9:33pm On Dec 22, 2009
sweetpie23:

cry, cry more dance, dance more, sleep, and laugh watch funny movies.

Cry ke?
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by mamagee3(f): 9:38pm On Dec 22, 2009
I'll just pray whenever my spirit is low. tongue
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by Fhemmmy: 9:43pm On Dec 22, 2009
mama-gee:

I'll just pray whenever my spirit is low. tongue

i noticed that dont often work, but singing works magic.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by mamagee3(f): 9:56pm On Dec 22, 2009
Fhemmmy:

i noticed that dont often work, but singing works magic.

Prayer works all the time. tongue
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by Fhemmmy: 10:21pm On Dec 22, 2009
mama-gee:

Prayer works all the time. tongue

I agree that prayer is the key . . . . . i just think singing and dancing is great too, cos good music is one invitation that God can not refuse.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by H2O2: 10:23pm On Dec 22, 2009
I hoop smiley
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by pureminded: 10:26pm On Dec 22, 2009
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low?

And : Will just luk at the problem from the funny angle and laugh it off, ! cool
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by TheSly: 10:32pm On Dec 22, 2009
Pappyman:

Kindly assist.
Depends. . . .
If its just one of those bad days, I'd take my ipod and take a long walk and thats about it.
If you got dumped or disappointed. . . .Which i think its the case here.

Then you dont have to do anything, forget about all em lecturers telling you to sing or rap or jump
None of em work. . . .It heals naturally with time. . .Leaving you with that nasty scar they called 'Past'
Which unfortunately, will always come back to hunt you. . , . . .Life isn't fair hommie.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by Approved1(f): 2:27am On Dec 23, 2009
I pray and read by bible. or I pray and listen to praise and worship music. It helps me a lot! cheesy
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by Fhemmmy: 4:53am On Dec 23, 2009
Approved1:

I pray and read by bible. or I pray and listen to praise and worship music. It helps me a lot! cheesy

That is more like it.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by safeact(m): 5:09am On Dec 23, 2009
D safest way 2gain back ur spirit is 2 think of all d bad aspect of d person and d reason y u end d rlshp or better get closer 2ur friend that doesnt like d person and fill ur brain with his -ve stories about d person. In all, if d rlshp ended in a good mood, stl like d person bt dont cal as befor. Its normal, it worked 4me! Stay safe.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by ugo2u(m): 8:27am On Dec 23, 2009
Buy a copy of everybody hates chris season dvd
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 23, 2009
I recommend Home Alone 4 u
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by Sissy3(f): 9:24am On Dec 23, 2009
listen to good  music. i.e inspirational ones or something funky to wakeup the inner child in you

take a walk

watch some very funny movie

do something good for someone(or say something nice  to them) often a genuine smile from others alone can lift up our spirit. dont underestimate the
power of a smile

exercise. it helps a lot.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by Pappyman: 10:24am On Dec 23, 2009
You guys are great.Thanks a lot
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by Fhemmmy: 3:47pm On Dec 23, 2009
~Sissy~:

listen to good  music. i.e inspirational ones or something funky to wakeup the inner child in you

take a walk

watch some very funny movie

do something good for someone(or say something nice  to them) often a genuine smile from others alone can lift up our spirit. dont underestimate the
power of a smile

exercise. it helps a lot.

great advice
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by tunnytox(m): 12:39pm On Dec 24, 2009
Truely music do help especially inspirational music, in my own case as a xtian i love some Don Moen's tracks but what amazes me is that most British people believes that once you are singing you must be very happy, I have take time to explain the reason behind my singing to some of my work colleagues who just believe I'm always an happy man despite the fact that on many of those occasions i was actualy feeling very low, on some occasions I have asked them to listen to the lyrics of the music before concluding that I'm happy,

Pappyman, i pray that God will help you to pass through the present challenge and move you to a higher level,

God bless
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by iice(f): 2:37pm On Dec 24, 2009
ifyalways:

keep LOL-ing,LMAO and ROFL . cheesy
On a serious note,First be very well assured that its perfectely natural for you to be low some days,Life itself is an emotional roller coaster.Spend time with people you love,people that make u smile,positive people.You might want to change your enviroment,engage in a hobby or something u have been dying to do,go on holidays or take a break from work/everyday routine.start a dancing class,learn how to play a musical instrument,sing . . . .just be engaged physically and emotionally,DONT STAY IDLE.

Word. . .

I watch movies. . .since it's my passion, i get wrapped up in it and forget everything else cheesy
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 24, 2009
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by Fhemmmy: 3:45pm On Dec 24, 2009
chaircover:

Same here. I watch Nollywood though for some light hearted entertainement. Who can't but laugh at some of the sotrylines and acting; People undergoing brain surgery but with no plaster  or drip and people being shot on the left side but they clutch the right side and so on  grin

I also listen to Gospel music when I'm down. Josh Groban's "You raise me up" always features highly in my feel good music list.

Half an hour on the treadmill listening to a good sermon or music also does a lot of wonders to my spirit.

Same here.
I am a great fan of www.video.onlinenigeria.com
http://movies.ghananation.com
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by iice(f): 4:57pm On Dec 24, 2009
chaircover:

Same here. I watch Nollywood though for some light hearted entertainement. Who can't but laugh at some of the sotrylines and acting; People undergoing brain surgery but with no plaster  or drip and people being shot on the left side but they clutch the right side and so on  grin

I also listen to Gospel music when I'm down. Josh Groban's "You raise me up" always features highly in my feel good music list.

Half an hour on the treadmill listening to a good sermon or music also does a lot of wonders to my spirit.

Bwahahahahaha grin grin Well that works. . .however not for me. I despise nollywood grin.
Yea Groban's songs can be inspirational cheesy
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by iyapony(m): 12:24am On Dec 26, 2009
i usually write in my journal while listening to some very encouraging music. writing my thoughts down in a journal really helped me get through some tough times, and it still does to this day.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by H2O2: 12:31am On Dec 26, 2009
eat
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by axeman85(m): 2:20pm On Dec 26, 2009
white london and cold bottle of star. and sit in the open air with cool breeze. lol
Re: What Do You Do When Your Spirit Is Low? by Sissy3(f): 8:31am On Dec 27, 2009
H2O2:

eat

definitely a bad idea i would say.

iyapo_ny:

i usually write in my journal while listening to some very encouraging music. writing my thoughts down in a journal really helped me get through some tough times, and it still does to this day.

i agree writing helps. it lets you express all your emotions and just be yourself

(1) (Reply)

Is Being The Firstborn Child A Burden? Let's Talk. / Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. / 100 Practical Ways To Make Your Husband Happy And Think Of You Always.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.