Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) (14841 Views)

What Nigerians Are Saying About The Voice Nigeria Season 2 / Idyl Is The Winner Of Voice Nigeria Season 2 / The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) by princy80(m): 3:21pm On Mar 25, 2017
How does one register?
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) by kayusre: 3:30pm On Mar 25, 2017
You obviously didn't watch season one #and for your info,blacks in general have the highest percentage of great vocalist #got your facts right
LastMumu:
Probably going to be as boring as hell. Africans naturally ain't blessed with good vocslist. Very few raw musical talents abound in the whole continent. Dancing is more like our thing.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 25, 2017
AnonyNymous:

Wrong. All the biggest names in music are of African descent.
The recently late Chuck Berry - Father of Rock Music
Michael Jackson - King of Pop
James Brown - Godfather of Soul
Jackie Wilson - Father of RnB
R Kelly - King of RnB
Fela - King of Afropop

We also have a lot of talented vocalists in Africa too. Its just that we in Africa have allowed our music go degenerate into trash not worth listening to, coupled with the advent of autotune that makes African artists lazy. The voice is an instrument and it has to be taken good care of and practiced daily.

Yes they are music greats but I was specific about Africans in Africa. Fela is an irreplaceable music icon but you have to agree with me his message not his 'beautiful' voice was the main reason he was such a success.
There is a dearth of real vocalists in the continent. In this era of lip-syncing and auto-tune, no one cares about how rough or beautiful an artiste voice sounds.
When was the last time or any time at all you came across any viral video online of a kid singing in this country? None, I bet you! Go online now, the Internet is awashed with different videos of African kids showing their dancing skills.
Watch Project Fame and Star Quest, then watch American Idol & The Voice (Not Nigerian version), you will see the stark difference in raw talents on display.
We are blessed with good musicians not good vocalists.

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) by kayusre: 3:33pm On Mar 25, 2017
Go to the venue with your international passport
princy80:
How does one register?
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 25, 2017
kayusre:
You obviously didn't watch season one #and for your info,blacks in general have the highest percentage of great vocalist #got your facts right

I don't have to before I can form an opinion. I have been watching music talent shows in this country all my life, vocals ain't our _shit bro.

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) by trilobite: 3:42pm On Mar 25, 2017
LastMumu:

Yes they are music greats but I was specific about Africans in Africa. Fela is an irreplaceable music icon but you have to agree with me his message not his 'beautiful' voice was the main reason he was such a success.
There is a dearth of real vocalists in the continent. In this era of lip-syncing and auto-tune, no one cares about how rough or beautiful an artiste voice sounds.
When was the last time or any time at all you came across any viral video online of a kid singing in this country? None, I bet you! Go online now, the Internet is awashed with different videos of African kids showing their dancing skills.
Watch Project Fame and Star Quest, then watch American Idol & The Voice (Not Nigerian version), you will see the stark difference in raw talents on display.

you're so wrong!! there is a difference between vocally talented and knowing how to sing.

shows like this one tend to focus on the latter which is why you to conclude that there are no vocally talented people around.

I dare you to attend the auditions, not as a participant, but as a spectator.
you'll be blown away by the vocal talent of rejected artists.

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 25, 2017
That Confused Judge, Patoranking...so is here in this season...

Mtcheww
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) by Chiboyz40(m): 4:58pm On Mar 25, 2017
pls when i go to the venue with my international passport, i'm i also required to carry any money for anything?.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 25, 2017
AnonyNymous:

R Kelly - King of RnB
Fela - King of Afropop

We also have a lot of talented vocalists in Africa too. Its just that we in Africa have allowed our music go degenerate into trash not worth listening to, coupled with the advent of autotune that makes African artists lazy. The voice is an instrument and it has to be taken good care of and practiced daily.

I think we all know many of the biggest names in music are African americans. He's talking about Africans in Africa not being great singers vocally, not African-Americans in the U.S or other western coutries. I think we all know many of the biggest names in music are African americans. P.S . R.Kelly isn't the king of RnB; R.Kelly is so 1997, lol. There're other black male RnB artists iwho can sing way better than him.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) by kennyjam: 5:16pm On Mar 25, 2017
AnonyNymous:

R Kelly - King of RnB
Fela - King of Afropop

Oga AnonyNymous............................. Greetings.......
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) by homesteady(m): 5:51pm On Mar 25, 2017
LastMumu:

I guess you didn't watch the Video of one African girl singing Beyoncé 's halo!

I know the quality of voices you hear in competitions this days are not really all that impressive, but last season the Voice was fire! Unfortunately the best did not win!

Yes when comparing it to the Voice America, the difference is clear, but you should know that most of those people who get chosen for the blind auditions are career singers, most have been singing all their lives, going for vocal lessons and adhering to good diet! But the same can't be said of Nigerians, how many people have the time to be going for vocal lessons? And the kind food we dey eat for here na die grin

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) by jeffoski(m): 6:10pm On Mar 25, 2017
LastMumu:

I disagree with you. The reason why it seems as if the people outside Africa have better vocalist is because of the platform they have. Look at their stage, instrumentation, effect etc you will see that they have an edge over us by far but when it comes to raw vocal talent Africans and Nigerians are really good.

If you really observed properly, last year's projectfame singers were better than the Voice Nigeria singers but what made the Voice stand out was the stage craft, instrumentation and organisation. That was why the organisers picked SA to host it rather than Nigeria. If you really want to hear beautiful and raw vocal talent please go to churches, music concert (especially Cobhams own), karaoke bars, and music auditions like this one you will be shock and wonder why this people are not heard in the outside world.

Then please try an attend any live concert of the following artists and you will know that vocally we are blessed. They don't use auto tune and their vocal texture and dexterity is superb.

1. Omawunmi
2. Waje
3. Dare
4. Timi
5. Cobhams
6. Asa
7. Onyeka Onwenu

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) by Sezua(m): 8:53am On Mar 27, 2017
LastMumu:

go instagram and search Moelogo, please if you don;t know nothingabout music,go and sit down one place
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) by Sezua(m): 8:55am On Mar 27, 2017
Incline:

I think we all know many of the biggest names in music are African americans. He's talking about Africans in Africa not being great singers vocally, not African-Americans in the U.S or other western coutries. I think we all know many of the biggest names in music are African americans. P.S . R.Kelly isn't the king of RnB; R.Kelly is so 1997, lol. There're other black male RnB artists iwho can sing way better than him.
They are other pop singers who sing better than MJ, But he is still the King too.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) by Sezua(m): 8:56am On Mar 27, 2017
softwerk:
It’s another round of excitement, drama and intrigue as The Voice Nigeria, proudly sponsored by Airtel in association with Coca-Cola, returns for a second season exclusively on Africa Magic! Auditions for the show begin on the 4th of April, 2017 in four cities across Nigeria.

Since its original launch in 2010, The Voice has gone on to win audiences in countries like the US, Australia and the UK, where renowned artistes have occupied the show’s famous red chairs as coaches. The Voice Nigeria employs the same format including a panel of four coaches who critique the contestants’ performances and at the end of last season, A’rese of #TeamWaje emerged victorious after seeing off competition from some of Nigeria’s most exciting talents.

The Director, M-Net West Africa, Wangi Mba-Uzoukwu, said: “We are thrilled to announce the second season of The Voice Nigeria. The first season proved to be hugely successful and popular with audiences not only in Nigeria but all over the continent, and our viewers should expect stellar performances by the artistes and all the familiar intrigue and excitement as the coaches jostle to pick the best performers.”

To stand a chance of participating in season two of The Voice Nigeria, prospective contestants need to visit the various audition venues in four cities across Nigeria:

Port Harcourt: 4th – 5th April 2017 at the Viontel Hotel Plot 96 Stadium Road G.R.A

Enugu: 8th – 9th April 2017 Universal Hotel, Plot 3 Aguleri Street, Independence Layout

Abuja: 4th – 5th April 2017 at the Bolingo Hotels, Independent Avenue, Central Business District, Garki

Lagos: 8th – 9th April 2017 at the Westown Hotel 7 Opebi Link Road, Ikeja

http:///1539/voice-nigeria-season-2-auditions/

Mr.OP. the link is not working. My brother has been trying to sign up but the site seems to be having issues.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 27, 2017
Sezua:

go instagram and search Moelogo, please if you don;t know nothingabout music,go and sit down one place
I know more about music currently than you would ever know in your entire life! angry

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) by Sezua(m): 9:29am On Mar 27, 2017
LastMumu:

I know more about music currently than you would ever know in your entire life! angry
STFu
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) by Nobody: 1:04am On Mar 28, 2017
Sezua:

They are other pop singers who sing better than MJ, But he is still the King too.
Notice I didn't mention MJ? MJ earned and deserves that title. R.Kelly doesn't.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) by Sezua(m): 6:33am On Mar 28, 2017
Incline:
I was just using your theory that r.kelly is so 1997, so he can't be the king of RnB
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) by Sezua(m): 6:37am On Mar 28, 2017
Incline:
I'd rather give that title to Marvin Gaye tho.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NTA Signs Broadcast Production Agreement With The Nigerian League. / Where The Hell Is "The Blacklist" Thread??!! / Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.