Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts (44098 Views)

The Melayes: Dino Melaye And His Children In Adorable Family Photo / DSS, Army Intimidated Voters, INEC Officials – US Department Of State / Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by bakila: 4:48pm On Mar 25, 2017
cktheluckyman:

Until ABU denies the statement of result sowore is in hot soup.This might be the end of Sahara reporters
Nop, Dino carries the Burden or Proof like a DONKEY. He must bring a certified true copy or the original of his certificate. If he does not do so, Sahara Reporters will remain silent. Sahara need not call any witness at all.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by Qyubee(m): 4:49pm On Mar 25, 2017
SeyiKings:
LMAO. Geography under Faculty of Art. Ok, they do write maps,act maps and sing maps. Who does that?
SMH
Apparently ABU n melaye does that grin

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by potent5(m): 4:49pm On Mar 25, 2017
doctokwus:

The Op is a mighty disgrace,as have many here been doing.
Meanwhile somebody posted evidence that as far back as 1991,he was issued B.sc geography from same ABU.So Melaye that claimed he graduated 2000,suddenly singlehandedly changed his department to be under Arts!
Trust SR,their job has been made easy.Just get hold of someone that graduated same yr Dino claimed and see if that persons degree also reads B.A Geography!!
Did you do comprehension as a topic in school at all? Didn't you read what Op wrote?

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by Guyman02: 4:50pm On Mar 25, 2017
corneli83:

Obviously they were not giving B.A and B. Sc at the same time. They were awarding B. A when the department was under Arts faculty. Let's dig out concrete info about when they started awarding B. Sc and that will tell us where Dino falls.

Is it me you want to go and dig out the info about Dino and ABU for you? Bros no enter market with that madness or the cure go hard. I have better things to do with my time
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 25, 2017
timawoku:
Lessons learnt from dino's saga:
1) If you are in sch or any institution and you hold any position, do your best to ensure your integrity; you just don't know what your mess up can cost you in future
2)If you stay in a glass house don't throw stones
3)If you dropped out of sch or you are out with a fake cert., my friend find a way to go back and have a genuine degree, it might just come back to hunt you and leave your lungs out of breath. If dino comes out clear on this, it wld only mean he got genuine degree
4)Don't over hype yourself, waec is sufficient to be a senator, talkless of a degree in geography,unijos,etc, why add harvard and Lse? Na beans? These schs don't just produce graduates but also a complete gentleman/lady (like SLS) which we all know is a yang to dino
5)You don't fight a media that has lot of political backing and expect to win...who told you sowore is the owner of sr? He is just a puppet in the hands of puppeteer.
You forgot to add make enough money to help u fight back in case.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by bfire(m): 4:56pm On Mar 25, 2017
These are the generation that will come to lead Nigeria?

I feel terrified that our youths are defending a colossal failure
that's forged results and claimed to attend institutions that
have come out to deny his claims.

Many that graduated from the same university testify showing
their results to show B.SC. Why is malaye's showing statement?

The Op assertion shows how little he knows about University system.

If the same university awards both degree, it probably means:
B.A in Geography education. Did Malaye claim to have read education
in Geography?

5 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by doctokwus: 4:56pm On Mar 25, 2017
potent5:

Did you do comprehension as a topic in school at all? Didn't you read what Op wrote?
Pls dont quote me next time.I dont need an additional dunce to deal with.

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by doctokwus: 4:59pm On Mar 25, 2017
bfire:

in Geography?
Dont u just wonder d kinds of youths this country is breeding!Dunces and abominable pple everywhere with mindsets a 5yr old caucasian wud be ashamed of.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by Cire80: 5:02pm On Mar 25, 2017
doctokwus:

The Op is a mighty disgrace,as have many here been doing.
Meanwhile somebody posted evidence that as far back as 1991,he was issued B.sc geography from same ABU.So Melaye that claimed he graduated 2000,suddenly singlehandedly changed his department to be under Arts!
Trust SR,their job has been made easy.Just get hold of someone that graduated same yr Dino claimed and see if that persons degree also reads B.A Geography!!
They were issuing both. Read correctly. We Only need to find out when they stopped issuing both

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by LordOfNaira: 5:04pm On Mar 25, 2017
abusurv:

Dino enter A.B.U through remedial programs known as S.G.R.S. He was my school mate from AAAMCO and we went through remedial programs to gain admission into the University that was 1992/93 academic year. The matric number is U93

And what degree were you offered at the end of your programme? BA or BSc?

It seems so that Dino was at a time a student of ABU but the question is: did he graduate properly?

5 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by Cire80: 5:06pm On Mar 25, 2017
bfire:

in Geography?
The write up said B.A(Honors) and didn't say BA.Ed(Honors)

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 25, 2017
How can Dino served in the year 1999 while his statement of result is showing February 2000.

When did NYSC start to allow someone to partake in the programme without your final result?

6 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by anyebedgreat: 5:09pm On Mar 25, 2017
I can't believe that some people actually believe Sahara reporters will pay Dino Melaye any money.

3 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by Klington: 5:10pm On Mar 25, 2017
Sowore go soon show with another can of worms. grin grin grin..i swear Dino no get chiichii for this case grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by donbenie(m): 5:12pm On Mar 25, 2017
mandarin:
The question is, when did ABU begin its B.Sc Geography program? Is it possible to be admitted to that respectable institution with that sort of Waec result? If so, then ABU should be reclassified as a poor university.
Let the school come out with a position else, it will continue as a media war
It's quite possible for him to have been admitted to ABU with THAT kind of result..How,if he had entered through a Remedial Course Program which ABU used to do then,my elder bro entered ABU through the exact same way..

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by bfire(m): 5:14pm On Mar 25, 2017
Cire80:
The write up said B.A(Honors) and didn't say BA.Ed(Honors)

It still all boils down to probability.

Actually there's nothing like 3rd class honors.
That's one of the doubts in Malaye's claim

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by donbenie(m): 5:15pm On Mar 25, 2017
LordOfNaira:

And what degree were you offered at the end of your programme? BA or BSc?

It seems so that Dino was at a time a student of ABU but the question is: did he graduate properly?
My Bro did the same exact program and it cuts across ALL Courses..Science,Arts,Pharmacy etc
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by LordOfNaira: 5:17pm On Mar 25, 2017
donbenie:
My Bro did the same exact program and it cuts across ALL Courses..Science,Arts,Pharmacy etc

What cuts across all courses?
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by ogododo: 5:18pm On Mar 25, 2017
ademasta:
For those arguing the fact that the department of geography in the Ahmadu Bello University can never be under the Faculty of Arts, please read below. I wasn't paid to write this or in any way related to Dino, i made the research myself to for clarify things.

The Department of Geography, Ahmadu Bello University started on September 26th 1962 using the classrooms formerly used in teaching ‘A’ Level Geography at the Nigerian College of Arts, Science and Technology. The first two lecturers were M.B. Thorp and M. Mortimore from Liverpool and Leeds respectively. Prof H.A. Moisley joined the Department as the first Professor of Geography in 1963 from the University of Glasgow and was later joined by P.N. Hore as a Senior Lecturer with a Ph.D from the University of London. By the time the first class of undergraduates moved into part III of the degree programme in October 1964, there were four academic staff in the department. The staff strength has grown to 26 academic staff, 6 technologists, 3 library staff, 7 secretarial staff and a driver.

The Departmental Library is the largest Geography Departmental Library in the country. The Department also has a comprehensive map Library.

Staff-Student relation is friendly and undergraduates run the socially and academically active National Association of Geography Students (NAGS), A.B.U Chapter.

Geography Department was under the Faculty of arts and Social Sciences offering the degree of B.A (Honours) and B.Sc (Honours) in geography respectively. Presently, the department is under the Faculty Science offering only B.Sc in Geography. Apart from the undergraduate degree, the department offers Postgraduate Diplomas in GIS and Rural Development respectively and Masters of Science in Geography, GIS, Transport Management, Population and Demographic studies, Rural Development and Environmental Management respectively. We also offer Ph.D in Geography and Rural Development.

These courses have made the Department a haven of postgraduate students that are eager to attain the training and have been tremendously relevant in all spheres of their endeavours.

Below is the chronological arrangement of those that have headed the Department from 1963 to date.
1. Prof. H.A. Moisley (1963-1965)
2. Prof. E.S. Simpson (1965-1967)
3. Prof. P.N. Hore (1967-1979)
4. Prof. K.O. Ologe (1979-1988; 1989-1990)
5. Prof E.O Oladipo (1990-1992)
6. Prof. J.A Ariyo (1992-1996)
7. Prof. D.O. Ogbonna (1988-1989; 1996-2000)
8. Dr A.L. Bello (2000-2002)
9. Prof. M. Mamman (2002-2006)
10. Prof. E.O. Iguisi (2006-2010)
11. Dr. O.F. Ati (2010-2012)
12. Dr. I.J Musa (2012-Date)

Source: https://geography.abu.edu.ng/About/history.html

The matter self confused Jarus with all him sabi sabi. By morning he supported Dino,by afternoon he don retract him statemenr. Make we dey look

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by onyeawka80(m): 5:19pm On Mar 25, 2017
mandarin:
The question is, when did ABU begin its B.Sc Geography program? Is it possible to be admitted to that respectable institution with that sort of Waec result? If so, then ABU should be reclassified as a poor university.
Let the school come out with a position else, it will continue as a media war
yes it is very possible. I schooled in the north. Way back in d early 90s o level result wasnt too serious wen offering admission. Besides there is what is called remedial programm. No matter how poor ur waec result is, u wuld be offered admission and there afta u proceed to a degree programme

3 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by teepain: 5:20pm On Mar 25, 2017
cktheluckyman:

Until ABU denies the statement of result sowore is in hot soup.This might be the end of Sahara reporters

My brother there is no way Sahara Reporters can be in soup on this case.

A classic defence against libel is that "a man who lacks integrity can not claim that his integrity or character was maligned". In other words, what you don't have can not be taken away from you.

If we assume without conceding that Dino graduated from ABU his claim that he had 7 degrees including those from London School of Economics and Harvard has damaged his position, legally speaking, since the 2 institutions have denied his assertion.

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by kiyosaki1(m): 5:23pm On Mar 25, 2017
Lordsocrates:
Nigerians are Quite Ignorant, and flaunt the Ignorance proudly.

The defence in Defamation is Justification.
if the defendant can bring up evidence to justify why he had the opinion or notion he held, he will be left off the hook and made to apologise.

in the instant case, the Justification here will be based on the evidence available at the material time, being that Dino said he had Geography of Art, whereas the School he graduated from only does Geography of Science..
another is evidence of rebuttal by other school he claimed to have attended...denying him in totality.
all this when staked with the evidence that he had 3 credit(which in Nigeria can't get any1 in a tertiary institution... are more than enough grounds to warrant the Believe which Sahara Reporters had, that Dino never finished school.

do all those screaming 5million, 5million... find a text and read on defamation and the defences.
All what you said lack merit because SR never said Dino graduates with either BA or Bsc but never graduated at all and it's based on that that its being sued,so your argument doesn't hold water

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by donbenie(m): 5:23pm On Mar 25, 2017
LordOfNaira:

What cuts across all courses?
The Courses offered at the Remedial Program cuts across ALL departments..it was another JAMB in disguise,once you pass with the right cut off you get the course of your choice,not high enough and you get placed in another department..

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by numericalguy(m): 5:23pm On Mar 25, 2017
HottestFire:

Oga park very well, Dino has skeleton in his cupboard, no be only Sahara go join this lawsuit, remember say na Punch carry this news. Dino has no case against Sahara..ABU didn't give that statement of result.

If ABU didn't give that statement of result, you must have given the statement of result then.
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by duni04(m): 5:25pm On Mar 25, 2017
Guyman02:
The ABU website as quoted here says the department offers B. A(honours) and B. Sc in Geography. Your hatred of Dino is making you to ignore that part.
In the beginning SR said he never graduated and that has been proven wrong.
Then the deviated to he graduated with 3rd class and so what?
Then they said his WAEC is poor forgetting that he is a Northerner and till today Mock results are used to admit Northern students under federal character and educationally disadvantaged states.
Then it went to he has outstanding carry overs and then the school graduated him because he was troublesome.
Meanwhile he was admitted to do MSc in the same school with the same result and without transcripts because it is his almamata.

Just like the Pastor Suleman saga this sponsored campaigns to destroy an individual because of his political position on a national issue will fizzle out too
This is a really ignorant post. SR never said he finished with 3rd class. They said ABU was preparing to claim that he finished with 3ed class when in actual fact, he didn't actually graduate. We all saw the results SR uploaded. There is no way he could have been graduated with those results. He has been posting court summons, MSC thesis and pictures on Facebook but has skillfully avoided posting anything pertaining to his fake Harvard and LSE degrees, or his Bsc from ABU or his WAEC results. You and I know the truth, its unfortunate that you're deliberately trying to be clever by half.

7 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by maasoap(m): 5:27pm On Mar 25, 2017
Austinoiz:
Soon, and I mean very soon, this messy game will turn on its head and the fearless Dino will be doing a RonaDINO on Sahara Reporters. Just watch and see!
He has no chance whatsoever. He has started what he can't finish.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by Kayodemichael(m): 5:29pm On Mar 25, 2017
Currently University of Abuja offer geography in faculty of social Science not faculty of Science . The course is controversial so is Dino himself
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by richard870(m): 5:30pm On Mar 25, 2017
Jabioro:
Read and digest what the OP wrote.. I find out where he shot himself by the foot
Chai! , ur own go worse pass 3rd class #BadGrammar
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by Sufisunni: 5:31pm On Mar 25, 2017
kiyosaki1:
Try to assimilate what the op posted and you will see that the school use to give both BA and Bsc.To be honest SR should not be taken serious as they keep on shifting the goal post.I guess their original accusation is Dino never graduated and that haven proven to be false quickly divert peoples attention to other things,we are not all that gullible,what os really playing around is a pure case of blackmailing and Dino has more than enough evidence to put the guy in jail
SR may not be right all through but DINOGATE lied that he graduated from both Harvard and LSE, so one will definitely not believe anything coming from him all through without double checking his claims

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by maasoap(m): 5:31pm On Mar 25, 2017
numericalguy:

If ABU didn't give that statement of result, you must have given the statement of result then.
No, he Forged it. We're not even talking about certificate here, just statement of result. Ordinary paper with common stamp on it! Is that the thing you hold as something important?
Why is he still going around with common statement of result since year 2000?

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by Jabioro: 5:32pm On Mar 25, 2017
richard870:
Chai! , ur own go worse pass 3rd class #BadGrammar
It even be worst than expected..
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by Annibiteye: 5:33pm On Mar 25, 2017
djeezy:
My question is, if Dino truly graduated, hw did he gain admission with that waec result where he failed virtually all the key subjects?

Forgotten this is Naija, where anything can happen with god fatherism factor. Am only a bit sceptical though, because of the institution involved..ABU which is held in very high esteem especially in the north to have admitted him with the said WAEC result.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Called As Nigerians Storm Abuja House In UK To Protest Against Buhari.PIC / #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Atiku Not In US: Nigerian Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.