Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts (44097 Views)

The Melayes: Dino Melaye And His Children In Adorable Family Photo / DSS, Army Intimidated Voters, INEC Officials – US Department Of State / Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by potent5(m): 6:57pm On Mar 25, 2017
doctokwus:

Pls dont quote me next time.I dont need an additional dunce to deal with.
Olodo, comot there. As far you're on this platform anybody can quote anybody. You never begin beg. Your type are always blinded by their preconceived notions about a subject and will not bother to understand before spewing trash.
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by PrinceMario(m): 6:57pm On Mar 25, 2017
princeisah26:
Sen dino is getting more popular than the president. HE SAID ONE TIME THAT HIS EYEING THE PRESIDENCY.
WITH ALL THIS CERT, IT MIGHT CATAPULTS HIM THERE.
MY OWN WORDS.
Only in Nigeria will that happen.
Someone who has past criminal record of murder, impeachment due to theft and now forgery of statement of result, is the same person you're tipping for presidency.
Bro, you need your brain formatted.

Why would someone who graduated from the university over two decades ago still be carrying statement of result around, even after becoming a senator.
I left secondary school about 6 years ago and I have my original certificate intact talkless of a university.

5 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by murmee: 7:06pm On Mar 25, 2017
djeezy:
This issue can be settled if the purported school he graduated from issues a statement. I see no reason why they should remain mute about a sensitive issue as this. My question is, if Dino truly graduated, hw did he gain admission with that waec result where he failed virtually all the key subjects?
According to Guyman02, Dino was able to gain admission with his poor WAEC result because He (Dino) is a Northerner. What a country!

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by ademasta(m): 7:09pm On Mar 25, 2017
ogododo:

The matter self confused Jarus with all him sabi sabi. By morning he supported Dino,by after he do retract him statemenr. Make we dey look
As in... Make we just dey look
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by emmanuelpopson(m): 7:15pm On Mar 25, 2017
justbazick:
https://www.naij.com/1095735-dino-melayes-bachelor-arts-certificate-fake-abu.html

I saw the news..my take is has ABU come out officially to debunk the claim? or its investigative journalism that opened up the cancer worm of the result been fake?.
we shall all see new twist to the saga next week...
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by Jobos(m): 7:29pm On Mar 25, 2017
kiss
mandarin:
The question is, when did ABU begin its B.Sc Geography program? Is it possible to be admitted to that respectable institution with that sort of Waec result? If so, then ABU should be reclassified as a poor university.
Let the school come out with a position else, it will continue as a media war
it is possible. majority of the higher institutions in the north run pre- degree program with entrance requirement less than 5 credits.
But Dino was care less for not sitting for Gce or another waec.
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by israelmao(m): 7:41pm On Mar 25, 2017
How to become good reader and analyst.Always keep an open mind while you are reading.Don't allow your mind to be fixated on just the author's opinions but think deeply and widely before you make comment.Do necessary information gathering from reliable source(s).I have discovered many hasty commentors on Narialand who commented and misfired on the surface without having the true knowledge of issues only for them to come back and eat their words in horrible shame and regrets.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by jatau7(m): 8:05pm On Mar 25, 2017
sowore don buy market ohhhhh...if i was him i would start packing my load to ghana....hahahhaha
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by Splashme: 8:22pm On Mar 25, 2017
Chuksonyeike:
Sowore don buy market grin grin grin grin
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by numericalguy(m): 8:31pm On Mar 25, 2017
maasoap:

No, he Forged it. We're not even talking about certificate here, just statement of result. Ordinary paper with common stamp on it! Is that the thing you hold as something important?
Why is he still going around with common statement of result since year 2000?

Statement of result is not common.
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by maasoap(m): 8:33pm On Mar 25, 2017
numericalguy:

Statement of result is not common.

Very common. Many Nigerians are in possession of fake statement of results. Going about with statement of result close to 20 years doesn't look ordinary.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by nicoolb: 8:57pm On Mar 25, 2017
ademasta:
Re
#istandwithdino#

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 25, 2017
Chuksonyeike:
Sowore don buy market grin grin grin grin
Na you sell to am?

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by potent5(m): 9:02pm On Mar 25, 2017
Akainzo:
The keyword here is was. The question then is WHEN did they shift to the single B.Sc institution?

Was it BEFORE Melaye graduated or AFTER he graduated?
That's the question people should think about first before jumping the gun. Dino may have gotten his own at the time it was either a BA & BSc.

I don't know how people reason these days out of overzealous hatred for another person.
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by Guyman02: 9:21pm On Mar 25, 2017
My shock here is that southern students do not know how admission into higher institutions in Nigeria work.
Dino had 3 credits, that's a big achievement for a Northern student. I know friends who did their NYSC in the North and whose mock waec exams was used to secure admission for their students into IJMB and then into direct entry into year 2 to study medicine in key federal universities without ever attempting JAMB
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by NoToPile: 9:22pm On Mar 25, 2017
Can someone with an extra year or a 3rd class graduate with honors? Its like I am seeing 3rd class honors on that result .

Anyway SR doesn't disapoint waiting for more revelations.
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 25, 2017
People are too quick to jump to conclusion. There are still many questions begging for amswers:

1. Without the mandatory 5 O'L credit passes, How was Dino Melaye able to secure admission for a degree program in ABU?

2. Dino claimed he graduated from ABU in year 2000 or there about, was Geography still under Faculty of Arts at that material time?

3. Why is it taking ABU this long to make an official statement about Dino's claim, like those credible institutions (Havard and London School of Economics ) did?

My take: It appears ABU is not as credible as some of us had thought! Time will tell.
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by Seunjungle(m): 9:55pm On Mar 25, 2017
The writer of this write up is very mad and stupid for just said that...why confusion everywhere just because of a tout! Was he the only one graduated from that dept...some of his classmate should be online now supporting the dullard that he is really a graduate.

This one is pass more than just blablablabla rumour..Sahara reporters is at work...let them continu...Dino is a meat for pepersoup! Jagbajantist man!

Atleast his level coordinator and some of his lecturers are suppose to know or able to say something about him if he truely graduate from ABU.

Just come and tell me that am not a graduate of my school...I have so many things to show you to justify it that am a bonafide student of my school... things like real certificate, graduation list, final year brethren magazine where I have my lecturers in the Dept and even the Den of the faculty then.
As a student you should at least leave some memorable things that will make your classmate knows that this guy was really a student and we graduated together.

Not all these ni gbanti Yoruba
Dino na Bleep up guy
Just a tout

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by Elnino4ladies: 10:00pm On Mar 25, 2017
Guyman02:
My shock here is that southern students do not know how admission into higher institutions in Nigeria work.
Dino had 3 credits, that's a big achievement for a Northern student. I know friends who did their NYSC in the North and whose mock waec exams was used to secure admission for their students into IJMB and then into direct entry into year 2 to study medicine in key federal universities without ever attempting JAMB

Kogi is not a core northern state and as such doesn't enjoy such privilege
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by felix10(m): 10:08pm On Mar 25, 2017
It will be good for bro Dino to mention d names of his classmates & let them come out & confirm it,lo ba tan.
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by flairlady(f): 10:41pm On Mar 25, 2017
Why is Senator Dino not listed as one of the prominent alumni https://geography.abu.edu.ng/About/alumni.html

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by jhidey08(m): 10:44pm On Mar 25, 2017
doctokwus:

The Op is a mighty disgrace,as have many here been doing.
Meanwhile somebody posted evidence that as far back as 1991,he was issued B.sc geography from same ABU.So Melaye that claimed he graduated 2000,suddenly singlehandedly changed his department to be under Arts!
Trust SR,their job has been made easy.Just get hold of someone that graduated same yr Dino claimed and see if that persons degree also reads B.A Geography!!
I'm not trying to defend Mr Dino here o, I graduated from ABU in 2015 and we were awarded BEd, we complained and it was changed to Bsc after 6months. In some departments in ABU, especially Faculty of Education, there are always issues about the Degree awarded to departments, some receive BEd, Bsc Ed, BA and even Bsc. Maybe they've not totally integrated the Department into Fac. Of Sciences when Mr Dino graduated. I'm talking from experience

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by jhidey08(m): 10:49pm On Mar 25, 2017
Seunjungle:
The writer of this write up is very mad and stupid for just said that...why confusion everywhere just because of a tout! Was he the only one graduated from that dept...some of his classmate should be online now supporting the dullard that he is really a graduate.

This one is pass more than just blablablabla rumour..Sahara reporters is at work...let them continu...Dino is a meat for pepersoup! Jagbajantist man!

Atleast his level coordinator and some of his lecturers are suppose to know or able to say something about him if he truely graduate from ABU.

Just come and tell me that am not a graduate of my school...I have so many things to show you to justify it that am a bonafide student of my school... things like real certificate, graduation list, final year brethren magazine where I have my lecturers in the Dept and even the Den of the faculty then.
As a student you should at least leave some memorable things that will make your classmate knows that this guy was really a student and we graduated together.

Dino na Bleep up guy
Just a tout
it's like you don't understand the issue on ground. According to SR, Dino was a Student and even served as the President of his Departmental Association but didn't graduate, and was in fact impeached when he allegedly exchanged his old tv set with the new one that was purchased with departmental association's money. I've seen pple who were students at the same time with him in ABU, he was very vocal politically.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by ademasta(m): 10:49pm On Mar 25, 2017
Seunjungle:

Dino na Bleep up guy
Just a tout
You are very mad also
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by dhejykeane: 11:21pm On Mar 25, 2017
this dosent change the fact that Mr Daniel Jonah melaye's name is not in abu alumni website. visit https://alumni.abu.edu.ng/ and click alumni on the top of the page to search
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by bizzibodi(m): 6:42am On Mar 26, 2017
At what point did daniel become Dino malaye.
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by bizzibodi(m): 6:43am On Mar 26, 2017
At what point did daniel become Dino malaye.i suspect somebody waec result.
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by progress69: 7:04am On Mar 26, 2017
Guyman02:
The ABU website as quoted here says the department offers B. A(honours) and B. Sc in Geography. Your hatred of Dino is making you to ignore that part.
In the beginning SR said he never graduated and that has been proven wrong.
Then the deviated to he graduated with 3rd class and so what?
Then they said his WAEC is poor he has 3 credits and 4 Ps forgetting that he is a Northerner and till today Mock results are used to admit Northern students under federal character and educationally disadvantaged states in many universities in Nigeria.
Then it went to he has outstanding carry overs and then the school graduated him because he was troublesome.
Meanwhile he was admitted to do MSc in the same school with the same result and without transcripts because it is his almamata.

Just like the Pastor Suleman saga this sponsored campaigns to destroy an individual because of his political position on a national issue will fizzle out too

Lol.
U nor sabi read to understand. U skipped the WAS
The question when was ABU issuing BA to Geography and when the Dino graduate? grin. At least u read they only give Bsc in Geography now.
We also need to understand how Dino gained admission with 3 credits and how he can start an Msc program with a third class degree. Dino as been denied by 2 prestigious universities abroad he claimed to hav graduated from. Dino showed us a oic he was wearing blue shorts as a corper, whereas another report said he may have been Exempted.Why is Abu using years to come out with an explanation or a press release about the saga?
For Sulieman, tell him we are still waiting for the marine kingdom to be disgraced just like we are still waiting for the robust Response. If Sulieman is innocent let him file a libel suit against Keyamo, and SR as he boasted, rather than all this underground silencing going on.
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by Splashme: 7:45am On Mar 26, 2017
Chuksonyeike:
I hope Tinubu will assist Sowore in offsetting his debts
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by jp79: 7:48am On Mar 26, 2017
It was formerly under faculty of art but now
under faculty of science. The question now is
[color=#990000][/color]was it under faculty of art when
dino gragra or under faculty of science
Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by chalerea(m): 7:59am On Mar 26, 2017
ademasta:
For those arguing the fact that the department of geography in the Ahmadu Bello University can never be under the Faculty of Arts, please read below. I wasn't paid to write this or in any way related to Dino, i made the research myself to for clarify things.

The Department of Geography, Ahmadu Bello University started on September 26th 1962 using the classrooms formerly used in teaching ‘A’ Level Geography at the Nigerian College of Arts, Science and Technology. The first two lecturers were M.B. Thorp and M. Mortimore from Liverpool and Leeds respectively. Prof H.A. Moisley joined the Department as the first Professor of Geography in 1963 from the University of Glasgow and was later joined by P.N. Hore as a Senior Lecturer with a Ph.D from the University of London. By the time the first class of undergraduates moved into part III of the degree programme in October 1964, there were four academic staff in the department. The staff strength has grown to 26 academic staff, 6 technologists, 3 library staff, 7 secretarial staff and a driver.

The Departmental Library is the largest Geography Departmental Library in the country. The Department also has a comprehensive map Library.

Staff-Student relation is friendly and undergraduates run the socially and academically active National Association of Geography Students (NAGS), A.B.U Chapter.

Geography Department was under the Faculty of arts and Social Sciences offering the degree of B.A (Honours) and B.Sc (Honours) in geography respectively. Presently, the department is under the Faculty Science offering only B.Sc in Geography. Apart from the undergraduate degree, the department offers Postgraduate Diplomas in GIS and Rural Development respectively and Masters of Science in Geography, GIS, Transport Management, Population and Demographic studies, Rural Development and Environmental Management respectively. We also offer Ph.D in Geography and Rural Development.

These courses have made the Department a haven of postgraduate students that are eager to attain the training and have been tremendously relevant in all spheres of their endeavours.

Below is the chronological arrangement of those that have headed the Department from 1963 to date.
1. Prof. H.A. Moisley (1963-1965)
2. Prof. E.S. Simpson (1965-1967)
3. Prof. P.N. Hore (1967-1979)
4. Prof. K.O. Ologe (1979-1988; 1989-1990)
5. Prof E.O Oladipo (1990-1992)
6. Prof. J.A Ariyo (1992-1996)
7. Prof. D.O. Ogbonna (1988-1989; 1996-2000)
8. Dr A.L. Bello (2000-2002)
9. Prof. M. Mamman (2002-2006)
10. Prof. E.O. Iguisi (2006-2010)
11. Dr. O.F. Ati (2010-2012)
12. Dr. I.J Musa (2012-Date)

Source: https://geography.abu.edu.ng/About/history.html

Recent investigation by Punch shows that people that graduated as the same time when Dino claim he did was awarded Bsc and not BA. As reported by Punch, his name was not even in the alumni list!

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts by ademasta(m): 8:10am On Mar 26, 2017
chalerea:

Recent investigation by Punch shows that people that graduated as the same time when Dino claim he did was awarded Bsc and not BA. As reported by Punch, his name was not even in the alumni list!
Wow! That's interesting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Called As Nigerians Storm Abuja House In UK To Protest Against Buhari.PIC / #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Kalu Visits Nnamdi Kanu In DSS Custody, Reveals His Advise To IPOB Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.