Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Why Can't ABU Address The 'Dino Melaye's Certificate Saga'? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't ABU Address The 'Dino Melaye's Certificate Saga'? (17304 Views)

3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis / Buhari To Address The Nation On Monday / 'President Buhari Wore Pam Slippers To Address The Nation Instead Of Shoes' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't ABU Address The 'Dino Melaye's Certificate Saga'? by freeze001(f): 6:47am On Mar 26, 2017
paulsibility:
That guy graduated. He was "pushed" out, "let my people go" kind of graduation. when the frustration was much for him, He was reported to have written a 50page petition against the school authority before the school can graduate him. Dino was the leader of the school football team supporters' club. He was so popular around samaru. I can go on and on.
I didn't read this anywhere . First hand information from people around samaru,and from what I gathered from some school security men who were around during his time.

It is not firsthand information if u didn't experience or see it yourself. What u have is hearsay 'from people around Samaru...and security men who were around'. This is not to say Dino did or didn't graduate, just saying. ..
Re: Why Can't ABU Address The 'Dino Melaye's Certificate Saga'? by BetaThings: 7:02am On Mar 26, 2017
emmykk:

i only went to primary school,but it seems you dont know anything about what is on ground.This is when you know that certificate is neccessary forr leadership when your president is not even a school leaver

Buhari's claim of being a secondary school leaver is confirmed by his school
Military schools in the US and UK have also confirmed Buharis's academic claims

But the clueless claims to have a PhD but his school refuses to confirm it
Jonathan's claim of having a PhD is baseless and he can take Obasanjo to court if he is truthful

http://punchng.com/prominent-nigerians-with-certificate-scandals/
Obasanjo had said, “Even Jonathan did not finish his PhD course but when it was presented, we stated that it does not matter but many people did not know because it was a PDP thing.”

Coming from arguably Nigeria’s most respected leader and global statesman, the accusation was weighty and left the sitting president’s integrity and image in a precarious state.

Jonathan reportedly holds a BSc in Zoology with second class honours; an MSc in Hydrobiology and Fisheries Biology; and a PhD in Zoology, all from the University of Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

His supporters felt Obasanjo was making desperate efforts to discredit the then president ahead of the 2015 presidential poll to ensure he would not win the election.

In a response to an inquiry by The PUNCH, the university had dismissed such accusation as having “neither legs nor grounds to stand on.”

The institution, through its Deputy Registrar, William Wodi, had said concerning information on Jonathan’s qualifications, “We have absolutely nothing to hide as an institution that has a statutory mandate to advance the frontiers of knowledge.”

Yet, when civil society organisation, Institute of Human Rights and Humanitarian Law, requested for Jonathan’s academic records through the Freedom of Information law, the university replied, “The Management of the university has carefully considered your request vis-a-vis the FOI Act.

“It is my instruction to inform you that your request does not come within the relevant provisions of the FOI Act for its practicability or for the university to provide such details as requested. Details of the PhD Degree of President Goodluck Jonathan in the University of Port Harcourt cannot therefore be made available to you.”

1 Like

Re: Why Can't ABU Address The 'Dino Melaye's Certificate Saga'? by chuckdelis: 7:12am On Mar 26, 2017
farouk0403:
May we not have enemies like sahara reporters.

Amen
only those with something to hide will say Amen

1 Like

Re: Why Can't ABU Address The 'Dino Melaye's Certificate Saga'? by Bakbillz44(m): 7:23am On Mar 26, 2017
but what wld it take dino to upload a pic of his original certificate from the school... instead he is uploading nysc pictures, msc project and other irrelevants while ignoring the bone of contention.

abi dem no dey give certificate dat year?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't ABU Address The 'Dino Melaye's Certificate Saga'? by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 26, 2017
Somewhere in ABU...
1. You get admission with only 3 (three) credits
2. You graduated in 2000 and served in 1999
3. You failed Geography (F9) and was admitted in the Geography department, alas, graduated with B. A Geography
4. Somewhere in ABU Zaria, your certificate is Withheld, you can only manage your statement of result.
The next time an ABU student brag about naturally ahead of you.... CONK AM.
Pesin wey graduate from ABU, is that one a graduate?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't ABU Address The 'Dino Melaye's Certificate Saga'? by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 26, 2017
farouk0403:
May we not have enemies like sahara reporters.

Amen
Especially if you have a skeleton in your cupboard .
Re: Why Can't ABU Address The 'Dino Melaye's Certificate Saga'? by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 26, 2017
farouk0403:

Bros I de tell you oo,

this sahara reporters can kill someone before his time, they no dey fear at all.
But they should be celebrated : this way they help us check the atrocities of our politician .
Re: Why Can't ABU Address The 'Dino Melaye's Certificate Saga'? by LorDBolton(m): 7:56am On Mar 26, 2017
paulsibility:
That guy graduated. He was "pushed" out, "let my people go" kind of graduation. when the frustration was much for him, He was reported to have written a 50page petition against the school authority before the school can graduate him. Dino was the leader of the school football team supporters' club. He was so popular around samaru. I can go on and on.
I didn't read this anywhere . First hand information from people around samaru,and from what I gathered from some school security men who were around during his time.

Bros u know how many popular people for ekosodin wey no be student ?

U funny o

Even my closest pal back in d days wasn't a student yet naim attend lectures pass lol

You know how many people dey carry fake result dey waka?

Let ABU talk first ... They're the main party involved
Re: Why Can't ABU Address The 'Dino Melaye's Certificate Saga'? by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 26, 2017
massinola:
You are asking as if you leave in another country. Is it not in this country that the final year thesis of students were seen in a dustbin? The Harvard and the other university that debunked the said graduation claims are in civilized and organised environment. They have records of their students. Do you think ABU still has Dino's records and they haven't come out clean? They are treading with caution. If they should say he lied and later he proves he actually graduated, what do you think will be ABU's fate. If the reverse is the case nko? Still the same fate. They are intentionally sitting on the fence because they might likely have lost the records
That makes them all not competent .
Re: Why Can't ABU Address The 'Dino Melaye's Certificate Saga'? by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 26, 2017
paulsibility:
So, was the pushed out or let my people go done by a few corrupt ones or the entire management of ABU?
Re: Why Can't ABU Address The 'Dino Melaye's Certificate Saga'? by LorDBolton(m): 8:01am On Mar 26, 2017
martineverest:
do u know forgery is a grevious offence?...if u dont know,his certificates from primary to NYSC carry different names

Most people here don't know how important names stated on documents are... Probably cos they've never had cause to use their documents b4

1 Like

Re: Why Can't ABU Address The 'Dino Melaye's Certificate Saga'? by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 26, 2017
paulsibility:
I had such folks in my my school who were very popular on campus but were not bonafide students. And what if you're popular and you can't pass your examinations? Popularity is not a mark of authenticity nor brilliance.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't ABU Address The 'Dino Melaye's Certificate Saga'? by seguntijan(m): 8:50am On Mar 26, 2017
Unilag should just ensure my information are intact till the end of time, they should be the one defending me while I will be busy with other things. Nigeria is just a joke Aswear

1 Like

Re: Why Can't ABU Address The 'Dino Melaye's Certificate Saga'? by fruitsville: 10:53am On Mar 26, 2017
Why should ABU silence SURPRISED me? So long as it is this Useless Country, called Nigeria! Nothing ever surprises me! A Nation smeared with Corrupt government! So, ABU by extension is no different! SHAME TO ABU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Can't ABU Address The 'Dino Melaye's Certificate Saga'? by farouk0403(m): 12:51pm On Mar 26, 2017
Mekwen:
But they should be celebrated : this way they help us check the atrocities of our politician .

I am even wondering where they get their source.

they have a very reliable source in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Can't ABU Address The 'Dino Melaye's Certificate Saga'? by Realist2: 12:54pm On Mar 26, 2017
obafemee80:
So Dino Melaye is a fraud...No wonder he loves flaunting his wealth.I know real men don't do that.
I think SAHARA REPORTERS is the best investigative news site in nigeria for digging out the fraudulent ways of our politicians...

I will only take them SAHARA REPORTERS serious when they begin to dig Buhari's.
In mist of buhari certificate sega, they kept mute.
So what was given to the goose should also be good for the gander.
Re: Why Can't ABU Address The 'Dino Melaye's Certificate Saga'? by farouk0403(m): 12:57pm On Mar 26, 2017
nijascammers:

if I have an enemy I will rather face him/her squarely and I don't see anything wrong with investigative journalism, all we want is the truth, I have posted a portion of my transcripts showing that I took GEOG 201 as an elective course at the same geography dept.Dino is paid by tax payers let him post his transcripts or certificate online and let us scrutinize it, that's not an act of enmity.

ok all the best
Re: Why Can't ABU Address The 'Dino Melaye's Certificate Saga'? by goldgold: 2:18pm On Mar 26, 2017
massinola:
You are asking as if you leave in another country. Is it not in this country that the final year thesis of students were seen in a dustbin? The Harvard and the other university that debunked the said graduation claims are in civilized and organised environment. They have records of their students. Do you think ABU still has Dino's records and they haven't come out clean? They are treading with caution. If they should say he lied and later he proves he actually graduated, what do you think will be ABU's fate. If the reverse is the case nko? Still the same fate. [b]They are intentionally sitting on the fence because they might likely have lost the records
[/b][b][/b]

or doctoring the reports
Re: Why Can't ABU Address The 'Dino Melaye's Certificate Saga'? by kutchs: 3:27pm On Mar 26, 2017
symbolofhope:

Somewhere in ABU...
1. You get admission with only 3 (three) credits
2. You graduated in 2000 and served in 1999
3. You failed Geography (F9) and was admitted in the Geography department, alas, graduated with B. A Geography
4. Somewhere in ABU Zaria, your certificate is Withheld, you can only manage your statement of result.
The next time an ABU student brag about naturally ahead of you.... CONK AM.
Pesin wey graduate from ABU, is that one a graduate?
I will only take you on on no 2.
That he said 'class of 99' doesn't mean he served in 1999, it only mean the set of students who graduated in 1999 but served in 2000. I'm also a member of the 99 set (from another university anyway) who served in 2000 and passed out in 2001.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oil Marketers Not Allowed To Fix Fuel Price – FG / Makinde To Build ₦1.2 Billion New Governor’s Lodge in Abuja / APC Crisis: Pressure Mounts On Adamu To Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.