Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,921 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. (1852 Views)

Mother Cat Brings Her Ill Kitten To The Hospital, Medics Rush To Help Them / One Hippopotamus Faces A Pride Of Lions / Christian Woman Faces Five Years In Jail For Taking Dog Into Mosque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by Explorers(m): 6:54pm On Mar 25, 2017
A man is facing jail for shooting dead and burying his sick dog on a public beach to end its suffering.

Michael Whalen shot dead his beloved hound mix Allie in the head in late January after the sick dog was seizing for almost an hour.

Crying, he buried her in the sand dunes along Virginia Beach, Virginia, according to reports.

The 65-year-old could spend a year in jail and pay thousands of dollars in fines for animal cruelty charges and illegally burying his pet.

Whalen claims that he isn't an animal abuser and killing his dog of 15 years wasn't a crime, but rather an act of love.

He said he had no choice other to end Allie's life because 'it was too painful to watch her suffer.'

Allie was found buried in a shallow grave on February 10, after a passerbynoticed her paw sticking out from the sand

Police were alerted and began searching for the dog's owner.

After someone gave officers a tip, Whalen was charged with one count of animal cruelty and one count of dumping trash on March 17.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4348662/Man-facing-jail-shooting-dead-burying-sick-dog.html

cc: Seun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by Damoxy(m): 7:00pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ayam not Understanding

Back in Nigeria, pple kill each other and nobody says anything

I have kuku lost hope in dz Country
Can we just sell dz Country

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by youngest85(m): 7:04pm On Mar 25, 2017
Kenya again
Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by Syphax(m): 7:14pm On Mar 25, 2017
youngest85:
Kenya again
No ves ooo...
Did your brain go on strike?

6 Likes

Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by decatalyst(m): 7:28pm On Mar 25, 2017
Syphax:

No ves ooo...
Did your brain go on strike?

Nah recession cause am grin grin
Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by DAramis: 7:33pm On Mar 25, 2017
That means, if they come to calabar, they will jail virtually all people in that state.
Oyibo and politically correct mentality.
Sometimes, I do imagine what really went wrong with them.

4 Likes

Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by Zaha(m): 7:56pm On Mar 25, 2017
Any nairalander that those not know explorer is that one a nairalander

1 Like

Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by Rockyrascal(m): 8:08pm On Mar 25, 2017
Dogs are very sensible animals.
Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by hahn(m): 8:35pm On Mar 25, 2017
DAramis:
That means, if they come to calabar, they will jail virtually all people in that state.
Oyibo and politically correct mentality.
Sometimes, I do imagine what really went wrong with them.

Your comment is confusing

Apparently you do not seem to understand that they actually respect "life" of all living things

Then again, here in Nigeria we indulge in jungle justice and no one bats an eyelid or think it is wrong to kill his fellow man outside the law. Something that can never happen over there.

And you think something went wrong with them? No bro, something is wrong with YOU

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by ichommy(m): 9:16pm On Mar 25, 2017
This One Weak Me.. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by younghartz(m): 9:22pm On Mar 25, 2017
And somewhere in Nigeria, this guy is still walking freely

https://www.nairaland.com/3683858/threw-cat-away#54610249
Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 25, 2017
it can't happen in this awa naija
Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by Seun(m): 10:38pm On Mar 25, 2017
[s]The UK vet doctors are like, "you can't just kill your dog free of charge."[/s] From the comments, I learnt that it's actually free of charge in the UK.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by siegfried99(m): 11:08pm On Mar 25, 2017
Na wa
Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by oneda(m): 11:09pm On Mar 25, 2017
youngest85:
Kenya again
What version did you smoke?
Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by mrmrmister: 11:29pm On Mar 25, 2017
hahn:

Apparently you do not seem to understand that they actually respect "life" of all living things

Then again, here in Nigeria we indulge in jungle justice and no one bats an eyelid or think it is wrong to kill his fellow man outside the law. Something that can never happen over there.

And you think something went wrong with them? No bro, something is wrong with YOU

The Black race is something else entirely.

I'm just fed up.
Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by Flexherbal(m): 3:27am On Mar 26, 2017
Where laws work!
Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by Explorers(m): 4:39am On Mar 26, 2017
hahn:

Lol.
Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by DAramis: 5:02am On Mar 26, 2017
hahn:

The only thing I can tell you is that animals has more rights than humans in Europe.
As for my comment, I mean what will they do in states in Nigeria where such animals are great delicacies.
Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by Nobody: 6:15am On Mar 26, 2017
Oyibo sef
Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by sapientia(m): 7:46am On Mar 26, 2017
We are finished here in Nigeria. Them kill woman, cut her head, na our police dey show one of her pinshure after days without knowing who she be even with all thr media.

Is it only me that notice that what they saw was a buried dog.. Fast forward... The owner is in court.

Our politicians.. all of them since 1960 have collectively failed us.
Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by hahn(m): 9:18am On Mar 26, 2017
DAramis:

The only thing I can tell you is that animals has more rights than humans in Europe.
As for my comment, I mean what will they do in states in Nigeria where such animals are great delicacies.

Well, humans have more rights there than here still

Dog meat na better delicacy o. See as dem waste the meat na angry

1 Like

Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by mamadsquare: 11:32am On Mar 26, 2017
And our dog passed on this morning. Up until early yesterday morning we never thought it could die. We would only complain that it did nothing other than eat but now that it's gone, we know it did much more than that. So sad.
Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 26, 2017
oneda:

What version did you smoke?
grin grin Please stop........my stomach grin

Introducing my 5months old Lika, kill him and ......

Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by lazeal: 1:43pm On Mar 26, 2017
jagugu88li:
grin grin Please stop........my stomach grin
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry u abandoned me.... cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
lazeal:
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry u abandoned me.... cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Oga OP, abeg. Make you no say I don scatter thread..... Permission to speak

Lazeal say, what are the accusations against me? Explain
Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by lazeal: 2:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
jagugu88li:

Oga OP, abeg. Make you no say I don scatter thread..... Permission to speak

Lazeal say, what are the accusations against me? Explain
check your whatsapp cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 26, 2017
lazeal:
check your whatsapp cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Deactivated!!
Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by lazeal: 2:25pm On Mar 26, 2017
jagugu88li:
Deactivated!!
without even informing me? na wa o. Anyway, Oyibo say make i greet you. Now you know who is talking,right? your last word was "ola"
Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 26, 2017
lazeal:
without even informing me? na wa o. Anyway, Oyibo say make i greet you. Now you know who is talking,right? your last word was "ola"
Blank
Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by lazeal: 6:14pm On Mar 26, 2017
jagugu88li:
Blank
hmmmm... you are denying me eh? okay wait... do you remember this?
Re: Man Faces Jail For Shooting And Burying His Terminal Ill Dog. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 26, 2017
lazeal:
hmmmm... you are denying me eh? okay wait... do you remember this?
Dont make people think that this is me, abeg. Anyway.....yeah I know now. Will halla you when I activate, hopefully soon.

She wouldnt want you sharing this Im sure.

Thread detailing prohibited.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flies On My Dog!! / 6months Old Female Lhasa Apso Available(sold sold) / These Adorable Black Boerboel Pups Are Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.