Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,261 members, 7,815,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Why Do Things Change After Marriage? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Things Change After Marriage? (41072 Views)

Banker Commits Suicide After Marriage He Took N3M Loan Crashed After 2 Months / Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? / Why Do People Change After Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by dangotesmummy: 6:27pm On Mar 26, 2017
That's because the law of see finish has set in

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by assana: 6:29pm On Mar 26, 2017
The truth is Marriage is the place where all the hidden characters are exhibited, in courtship u can't try dirty characters especially when you don find partner tire, else you loose ur partner.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by tosyne2much(m): 6:34pm On Mar 26, 2017
Commenthin:
Every idea here is valid but the first evil that crip in is family greed and jealousy. When people see or look at two people in-love, what do you see in the eye, throught or behaivour? Envy, jealousy, evil theoght and saying "it's wont last" why....because their when through same route, instead of guarding...they'll try to put apart.

Its start from husband or wife mother in-law and siblings demand for emotional or financial help, and they dont get enough...then problem start....meanwhile you never got such help from anyone.

The wife and husband will start to help there people in secret, the trust hit the rock. Then the affected family says "then so what, if he/she tell you nonsense tell him/her nonsense.....you see am. The pain creates the end of love and enmity starts....why one of the family camp rejoice....then they'll try to be the judge and helper to amend the relationship that started without their consent. The goal is to midate and continue to have access to whatever they wanted that wasnt enough initially....and love doesn't need a third party.

My brother, you spoke from the standpoint of wisdom.. Nice one bro
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by babiwonda: 6:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
things change in marriage cos most pple don't know where they r going maritally to understand more listen to dis msg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=fb&v=KqrIgkf1kkM
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by coltaine(m): 6:38pm On Mar 26, 2017
[quote author=Lilyqueeny post=54971370][/quote]

I remember emphasizing about YOU dating your best friend.....abi you re not different from other girls?
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by DonMekino(m): 6:38pm On Mar 26, 2017
If only ppl can maintain the same level of tolerance just as they did during courtship.... During courtship we tend to let certain things go, but when the pressure of marriage comes... It's as if we have nothing to prove and nobody to impress anymore.... The love we saw during courtship was just a Screensaver... As they say *u hope for the man to change and he doesn't but u hope for the girl not to change and she does*
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 26, 2017
coltaine:

I remember emphasizing about YOU dating your best friend.....abi you re not different from other girls?

I have no objection with that
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by goingape1: 6:58pm On Mar 26, 2017
Tajbol4splend:
I have seen people who claimed to be in love with themselves before marriage but you see them having a lot of disputes after getting married, I ask myself why this should be, I ask if it is still the same two people who used to do things together, who used to show love in different ways, all of a sudden at the time when the love is supposed to be at climax, they start having problems they never used to have before marriage, things then change, they then change.

Well what I think that causes this is that most people in relationships don't pay attention to necessary details about their partners.

Nairaland veterans and geniuses over to you, what do you think brings this bitterness into marriage between two people who have claimed to be lovers before their marriage
phuking a woman before marriage is way more sweeter that phunking the same woman after marriage.

after marriage the zeal of phuking that woman will no longer be there
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Kavalier5(m): 7:01pm On Mar 26, 2017
Galacious1:
exactly. It's always good for intending couple to live 2geda for awhile before getting married. Just saying.

Are you in any way suggesting trial marriage
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Donkalio: 7:01pm On Mar 26, 2017
Courtship is the movie, marriage is the reality.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Funkybabee(f): 7:05pm On Mar 26, 2017
because they are not prayerful, no submission and trust

that's all

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Nweike1: 7:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
I think couples prepare for the wedding ceremony and not the marriage proper. Marriage requires a lot of prayer, maturity and determination for it to succeed. 'Love' alone is not enough

1 Like

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Jammiiee(m): 7:15pm On Mar 26, 2017
I had no option than round ur 199 likes to 200 n ur 19 shares to 20. Ko kpe gerege angry u've said it all
tosyne2much:
Though, I'm not married neither am I a relationship expert but I think I can answer this question... As per say me sef no be small pikin again nah cheesy

Well, I think people go into marriage for ridiculous reasons (boobs, size of joystick, curves, 6packs, bedmatic skills, money, tendency to travel abroad, etc), and also with hopes and expectations of how they've always pictured the flawlessness of marriage on Nollywood and Phillipines movies; how people describe the beauty of marriage, and how they've been fantasizing the marriage of other people and thus, short of expections trigger disappointment, irritation, enmity and disinterest among couples.

Most people tend to overlook the flaws (ojukokoro, laziness, self centeredness, promiscuity, gold digging, tendency to become slay queens, lack of dress sense, lack of respect for your friends and family members, anger problem) of their partners during courtship and will take a bumpy ride into marriage with the ideology that marriage is a "magician" that completely changes or transforms people, without knowing that things sometimes do not happen that way... What you can't change at puberty, a mere RING cannot/may not change it.

Thats why it's said that LOVE is not enough to make someone your life partner, because there are other basic things that should be taken into considerations, and failure to do so makes your marriage vulnerable to chaos and abuse

When people get married, their eyes begin to open to reality after which they will get to realize that they ought to have married someone better, someone that will not hide her character at the expense of getting a RING. They begin to see some flaws in their partner which LOVE/INFATUATION blindfolded them from seeing during courtship

In a nutshell, marriage is an eye opener that opens your eyes from fairytale to reality.

This is not the matter of satan or witches and wizards in your village firing bow and arrow at you

I don't know if my comment makes any sense
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Toks2008(m): 7:20pm On Mar 26, 2017
Tajbol4splend:
I have seen people who claimed to be in love with themselves before marriage but you see them having a lot of disputes after getting married, I ask myself why this should be, I ask if it is still the same two people who used to do things together, who used to show love in different ways, all of a sudden at the time when the love is supposed to be at climax, they start having problems they never used to have before marriage, things then change, they then change.

Well what I think that causes this is that most people in relationships don't pay attention to necessary details about their partners.

Nairaland veterans and geniuses over to you, what do you think brings this bitterness into marriage between two people who have claimed to be lovers before their marriage

The first stage of initial gragra fades off and when reality sets in..they tend to see each other in another light and this is the make or break point.

I once created a thread about this.

https://www.nairaland.com/2979030/3-stages-determine-outcome-romantic
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by ken55: 7:21pm On Mar 26, 2017
The question is, what is love in the first place?

Many make the mistake of thinking love is a feeling and so after the honeymoon and you become so used to seeing your partner around and that "feeling" begin to wane, you begin to wander if you are still in love.

LOVE IS NOT A FEELING. LOVE IS A CHOICE!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Kentura(m): 7:22pm On Mar 26, 2017
AloyalNigerian:

Lol @Tupac line as ya signature. grin
yea.. you a fan?
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Abagworo(m): 7:26pm On Mar 26, 2017
Tajbol4splend:

1st pregnancy and necessary cheating by men during that period their wife is incapable at child birth gets some women mad and they never forgive. The whole crisis starts from that period and degenerates into irreconcilable differences.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by zanga420: 7:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

Exactly
there's so much deceit here in courtships. By common sense maybe co-habiting should be encouraged in courtship.
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by marcelin(m): 7:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
Because they have used up their love during courtship
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by thesicilian: 7:41pm On Mar 26, 2017
Dindondin:
compatible, not compactible
Thanks!
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by tete7000(m): 7:46pm On Mar 26, 2017
Marriages crash because many people don't know themselves. They don't know what their preferences are, i.e. What they like and what they don't like. Hence they don't know what they should look for in potential partners. If you understand yourself, it becomes easier to pick your spouse and avoid compatibility problem. For me the key issue to having a good marriage lies first in self-mastery. One won't haven't mastered him/herself cannot sensibly choose a partner.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by mamawin(f): 7:50pm On Mar 26, 2017
tosyne2much:
Though, I'm not married neither am I a relationship expert but I think I can answer this question... As per say me sef no be small pikin again nah cheesy

Well, I think people go into marriage for ridiculous reasons (boobs, size of joystick, curves, 6packs, bedmatic skills, money, tendency to travel abroad, etc), and also with hopes and expectations of how they've always pictured the flawlessness of marriage on Nollywood and Phillipines movies; how people describe the beauty of marriage, and how they've been fantasizing the marriage of other people and thus, short of expections trigger disappointment, irritation, enmity and disinterest among couples.

Most people tend to overlook the flaws (ojukokoro, laziness, self centeredness, promiscuity, gold digging, tendency to become slay queens, lack of dress sense, lack of respect for your friends and family members, anger problem) of their partners during courtship and will take a bumpy ride into marriage with the ideology that marriage is a "magician" that completely changes or transforms people, without knowing that things sometimes do not happen that way... What you can't change at puberty, a mere RING cannot/may not change it.

Thats why it's said that LOVE is not enough to make someone your life partner, because there are other basic things that should be taken into considerations, and failure to do so makes your marriage vulnerable to chaos and abuse

When people get married, their eyes begin to open to reality after which they will get to realize that they ought to have married someone better, someone that will not hide her character at the expense of getting a RING. They begin to see some flaws in their partner which LOVE/INFATUATION blindfolded them from seeing during courtship

In a nutshell, marriage is an eye opener that opens your eyes from fairytale to reality.

This is not the matter of satan or witches and wizards in your village firing bow and arrow at you

for somebody that is not married...... I give you 99.99%. But let me add this, most issues can be discussed stylishly. like oh love, what if my mom has to stay wt us? what if I lose my job? what if this and that? hear responses, discuss, analyse d pros and cons of both parties' responses, and ....
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:57pm On Mar 26, 2017
ken55:
The question is, what is love in the first place?

Many make the mistake of thinking love is a feeling and so after the honeymoon and you become so used to seeing your partner around and that "feeling" begin to wane, you begin to wander if you are still in love.

LOVE IS NOT A FEELING. LOVE IS A CHOICE!!

I don't even know if I should believe if loving someone is having feelings for them or choosing to love them
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by sheeda995(f): 7:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
SNOWCREAM:
Courtship is filled with lots of conceit, deceit and pretense. Some people are bad, very bad but they wanna get engaged and married. They know no one will settle for them with their bad attitude so guess what? They decide to pretend to be a better person, just to be able to attract and fool that partner.

After marriage there's no reason to keep on playing the expensive hide and seek again, they unleash. Ladies and gentlemen be watchful cos you'll surely see signs while courting, don't dismiss it as a mistake. Bless
Really,how do one know if one is bad?
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:00pm On Mar 26, 2017
DonMekino:
If only ppl can maintain the same level of tolerance just as they did during courtship.... During courtship we tend to let certain things go, but when the pressure of marriage comes... It's as if we have nothing to prove and nobody to impress anymore.... The love we saw during courtship was just a Screensaver... As they say *u hope for the man to change and he doesn't but u hope for the girl not to change and she does*

You mean it's our choice to make a relationship work?
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by SNOWCREAM(m): 8:07pm On Mar 26, 2017
sheeda995:

Really,how do one know if one is bad?
That's a very hard task but surely not impossible. No matter how one tries to hide some bad habits, you'll still see traits or traces of it. For instance if during courtship, you guys have a brawl, and he says something like "I can slap you if you say that again" or "I'll SLAP you o", that's a sign he'll slap you if things get worse when you're married.

Some guys or girls are good pretenders, they'll show little or no sign, but all in all, one should watch and pray hard against making someone like that as a choice.
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by ReneeNuttall(f): 8:09pm On Mar 26, 2017
zanga420:
there's so much deceit here in courtships. By common sense maybe co-habiting should be encouraged in courtship.

cohabiting is a sin remember?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
tosyne2much:

Dude right now I'm gonna tell u sth about me, it turns me off to read post of plenty lines but when I saw the number of likes you got, I felt it must be worth it, I read it and I'm really impressed, I think I learned something in it too, you make perfect sense.
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by sheeda995(f): 8:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
SNOWCREAM:
That's a very hard task but surely not impossible. No matter how one tries to hide some bad habits, you'll still see traits or traces of it. For instance if during courtship, you guys have a brawl, and he says something like "I can slap you if you say that again" or "I'll SLAP you o", that's a sign he'll slap you if things get worse when you're married.

Some guys or girls are good pretenders, they'll show little or no sign, but all in all, one should watch and pray hard against making someone like that as a choice.
Thanks sir,but what of acts done as a result of the situation, for instance one feels weak and thus become lazy, can one call that ones habit?
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by tosyne2much(m): 8:11pm On Mar 26, 2017
mamawin:
for somebody that is not married...... I give you 99.99%. But let me add this, most issues can be discussed stylishly. like oh love, what if my mom has to stay wt us? what if I lose my job? what if this and that? hear responses, discuss, analyse d pros and cons of both parties' responses, and ....
Thank you jawe my sister.. May God bless you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by hollandeez(m): 8:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
tosyne2much:

Confirm! Well said prof...

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by baby124: 8:27pm On Mar 26, 2017
tete7000:
Marriages crash because many people don't know themselves. They don't know what their preferences are, i.e. What they like and what they don't like. Hence they don't know what they should look for in potential partners. If you understand yourself, it becomes easier to pick your spouse and avoid compatibility problem. For me the key issue to having a good marriage lies first in self-mastery. One won't haven't mastered him/herself cannot sensibly choose a partner.
You are exactly right. It's funny how people that are rejected beg and beg and try to force their way in. Most people never sit down to think if they are marriageable or good people. Also they never accept that the other party has a right to determine if they are good enough.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Husband Snatched My Company, Sold My Property To Marry Our Salesgirl (pic) / Am I Really A Bad Son? / Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.