Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,711 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets (36977 Views)

Doctors Of Death: Nigeria's Medical Misdiagnosis Crisis - PM News / Nigeria Medical Association Explains Why Doctors Are Leaving The Country / My Thoughts About Nigeria Medical Doctors. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 26, 2017
AngelicBeing:
The Olokpa is my friend, Nairaland contracted me to use the guy to flog silly comments and the olokpa is doing a great job, he flogs sense into so many members who post rubbish, he wont flog you though because you are a gentle guy, where is my olokpa friend come and say hi to adepeter26 wink
Lol. Funny you. Hello to you too

1 Like

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by shehuolayinka(m): 8:51pm On Mar 26, 2017
But why was I born in this shit hole called a country? I swear this is a big for nothing
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
Hmmmmm, in the last 4months, i know of 8 highly skilled medical doctors who resigned their appointments and left for other African countries that are much serious about their health systems than Nigeria. Many are planning to leave, the presidency, ministry of health and majority of the hospitals managing directors are busy looking for whete to embezzle money meant for the health sectors.Most of our health institutions are glorified mortuary, the minister is busy claiming to be equipping the primary health centres, while in actual fact billions of naira are being siphoned via this means, in as much most of this funds can't be opened to many eyes for probing.I will advice any Nigeria doctor that have opportunity of leaving for better clime should go without looking back.NIGERIA HAD ALWAYS TRAINED MEDICAL DOCTORS FOR OTHER COUNTRIES, NO BE TODAY.WHEN THE PRESIDENT DOESN'T SEE NEED TO PATRONISE OUR HEALTH FACILITY, WHILE WOULD IT BE BETTER? THE PROBLEM IN HEALTH SECTOR IS SIMILAR TO WHAT IS HAPPENING IN EDUCATION, POWER, AVIATION ETC.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by hardeycute(m): 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2017
Angeleena:
smh....a doc is complaining.. then what would you say of the nurses??doctors are flexing full time,they don't take doctors for granted, nurses would embark on warning strike,even enter main strike,from now till eternity, yet nothing come out..but doctors just warning strike, is enuf..most hospitals have doctors stations, but nurses,theirs is pathetic.. in fact resident doctors, are bring paid,soo well,compared to the nurses,sometimes medical students, are being paid,even when they Neva smell their final MB exams...a fresh doctor, earns higher than a nurse,that's in the system for several donkey years, whereas these nurses,do the main jobs..have seen a doc,that can't fix simple cannula..so guy,ur case holds no water,in the case of doctors and nurses,monkey dey work, baboons dey chop.
i bet you didn't comprehend his tweets

1 on your case of the nurses,is he a nurse?

2 he knows his worth and its his profession he can claim he is underpaid

3 on the undeserved and incompetent doctors,didnt you read where he claimed some Doctors are not eased off early while they refuse to employ.we all know the favouritism in Civil service

1 Like

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by Somi85: 9:02pm On Mar 26, 2017
Angeleena:
smh....a doc is complaining.. then what would you say of the nurses??doctors are flexing full time,they don't take doctors for granted, nurses would embark on warning strike,even enter main strike,from now till eternity, yet nothing come out..but doctors just warning strike, is enuf..most hospitals have doctors stations, but nurses,theirs is pathetic.. in fact resident doctors, are bring paid,soo well,compared to the nurses,sometimes medical students, are being paid,even when they Neva smell their final MB exams...a fresh doctor, earns higher than a nurse,that's in the system for several donkey years, whereas these nurses,do the main jobs..have seen a doc,that can't fix simple cannula..so guy,ur case holds no water,in the case of doctors and nurses,monkey dey work, baboons dey chop.
[left][/left]Am sure u don't have a relative that is a doctor that's why u can rant this . Ur poorly informed man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by TheEminentLaity: 9:03pm On Mar 26, 2017
She just come back. Wehcome ma. You never chee anything cheesy grin
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by rill: 9:05pm On Mar 26, 2017
Angeleena:

senseless hate post spotted. you ended up exposing your ignorance by mentioning medical students getting paid.

3 Likes

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by Amarabae(f): 9:05pm On Mar 26, 2017
Its not only you people abeg, what about we Nurses and the nature of our job? Nigeria is a huge disappointment!
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by pxjosh(m): 9:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
Pharmacists be reading all the comments like

9 Likes

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by AJCs(m): 9:13pm On Mar 26, 2017
The doctor isn't lying. I am a staff in one of the oldest and biggest federal teaching hospital in Nigeria and I am working in a dept where some patients and samples are being attended to. You wouldn't believe that we currently in my dept are having only SR (Senior Registrar). The others have passed their Part 2 exams last year and their normal 6 months extension expires this month.
Now, must we have to wait till we have no residents available before something is done? However, I can say it all over places that the system is bad and I pity d medical students in medical schools currently cos the present situation is a clear hand writing on the wall that they are on their own.
I even have some consultants who did their Part 2 in my dept as my friends and yet, no govt work.
It is good for them to do govt work in hospitals while they would as well be lecturers in medical schools.
My nairaladers, anybody having brothers or sisters in medical schools should start planning alternative - abroad for residency except ur uncle or aunt is a vice-chancellor, provost, CMD, sch senate members, NASS members, State house of assembly members, holding a post in top hierarchy in executive in Fed MDAs/Patastarals.
I have said mine o cos I am in d system currently.

2 Likes

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by eph123(f): 9:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
Banee:
Hmmmmm, in the last 4months, i know of 8 highly skilled medical doctors who resigned their appointments and left for other African countries that are much serious about their health systems than Nigeria. Many are planning to leave, the presidency, ministry of health and majority of the hospitals managing directors are busy looking for whete to embezzle money meant for the health sectors.Most of our health institutions are glorified mortuary, the minister is busy claiming to be equipping the primary health centres, while in actual fact billions of naira are being siphoned via this means, in as much most of this funds can't be opened to many eyes for probing.I will advice any Nigeria doctor that have opportunity of leaving for better clime should go without looking back.NIGERIA HAD ALWAYS TRAINED MEDICAL DOCTORS FOR OTHER COUNTRIES, NO BE TODAY.WHEN THE PRESIDENT DOESN'T SEE NEED TO PATRONISE OUR HEALTH FACILITY, WHILE WOULD IT BE BETTER? THE PROBLEM IN HEALTH SECTOR IS SIMILAR TO WHAT IS HAPPENING IN EDUCATION, POWER, AVIATION ETC.

Not just in the medical sector, a lot of qualified Nigerians are leaving the country in droves. Very sad situation.
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by OlujobaSamuel: 9:21pm On Mar 26, 2017
abegi, no be doctors dem dey cause the wahala for una sector? na professionals for each sector for this nation dey cause the wahala there so make una face unasef.
vc for uni, rector for poly, provost for college, cmd for hospital, ig for police, etc, all na professionals with different stealing associations like nma, nba, ASUU, nlc, even carpenter association for our community dey steal money and full of nepotism, religious association sef no carry last.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by dokiOloye(m): 9:22pm On Mar 26, 2017
Jozprecious:
ah ah madam. it can never be this bad. a doctor Google or check textbook before you? abeg talk another thing jor
sometimes,U might have to check for maybe dose and dosage of drugs,and other minor things.
U can't just know it all,nobody does,including d professors in Havard.
I had better check up a confusing thing than write a wrong prescription.
Finally,every doctor checks his books but maybe not in front of d patient.Probably after U leave,b4 d next patient comes in.
Nobody can 'sabi' all d things in those big big books bro.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by Basic123: 9:22pm On Mar 26, 2017
hmmmm...o ga oooo.The enemies of doctors eventually won.Sometimes when I see a primary school student saying I want to become a medical doctor.I just laugh!.........
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by Kaysalas(m): 9:23pm On Mar 26, 2017
Emycord:
No wonder that guy killed himself instead of committing suicide
shocked shocked shocked shocked :oYEEPARIPA! grin grin grin grin shocked shocked cool
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by Talibanis: 9:24pm On Mar 26, 2017
Angeleena:
There goes another fool who is so ignorantly foolish and yet not knowing.....that's really pathetic.

3 Likes

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by Danhumprey: 9:25pm On Mar 26, 2017
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by CheedyJ(m): 9:26pm On Mar 26, 2017
So, social scientists like me will bcum cleaners & Gardner's abi, issorite...if there's no way,we create a way by hook or crook....
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by LorDBolton(m): 9:29pm On Mar 26, 2017
Angeleena:
It's dumb responses like this that ensures Nigeria continues on her path to implosion .

Very daft response

A doctor is complaining ... And you're turning it to doctors vs nurses??

How tha fuq can a nation grow when educated people don't think properly mtcheew

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by onos217(m): 9:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
All the issues that the op raised and many more plaguing this nation all stem from the fact that we lack leaders in this part of the world.
Yes ,these leaders you and I know are the policy makers. They are the decision makers. It's whatever they come up with we accept. And whatever decision they take cement into the the system we all pass through.

Since the day I was born even till now, I can't pinpoint one person who is a leader in this country,and that's the more reason why I don't vote. I've not seen that credible leader. Perhaps I might be lucky to have one before I journey to the great beyond.But for now, Ive not seen.The people you and know as leaders are no leaders. These are mere opportunists pretending to be leaders. And we all know what they all stand for except we don't want to be sincere to ourselves. Whatever they do is to their own interest.

And so, until we get the right leaders in place, it's going to be a long walk to progress and development.
God bless Nigeria!
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by dokiOloye(m): 9:32pm On Mar 26, 2017
ekems2017:
Our experience differ though. But I prefer the older ones.

A word of advice for U.
Fear any doctor who isn't willing to consult his books.
Every doctor,including d professors do that but probably not in Ur presence.Probably b/w d time U leave and when another patient comes in.
Most times,it's for trivial things like just to check d dose or dosage of Ur drug or even to classify or stage Ur ailment which is purely an academic exercise.
Do U honestly believe that any human being can know and remember everything in those big textbooks?

7 Likes

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by Jokerman(m): 9:34pm On Mar 26, 2017
We Yoruba Muslims don't agree with the doctor...

Why didn't u bring this up during Jonathan's govt??

Enemy of the Zoo

2 Likes

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by ibroh22(m): 9:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
LuchieLuch:
That's a huge lie. I am about to graduate with my nursing degree in the US and nurses only make about 30% of what a doctor makes. Stop spreading fake news!

are u sure you are about to graduate in USA and u can't comprehend simple English?
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by HaneefahRN(f): 9:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
The Country is a mess but it's to be expected we have useless leaders. Besides why should they make things better when they don't make use of the facilities. Why should they work on the health sector when they go out to treat common ear infection? Or improve the education sector when their children study outside the country?

The health sector's issues comes from the Government down to the corrupt CMDs ( who are Drs by the way). Compared to others especially nurses ( who have serious issues in every aspect, well cheated), Doctors have it far better. There is suffering everywhere.

It is well with this Country.

1 Like

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by oyetpel(m): 9:42pm On Mar 26, 2017
dirtymoney:
I used to ignorantly envy doctors till my bro graduated from med school. He did his house job in one of the best federal government owned hospitals, went for NYSC and his hustle started. For over 3 years now he has not been able to secure a spot for his residency. There is no part of this country he has not penetrated. Today, he is in Ibadan, tomorrow Jos, next week Yola, Calabar, Benin... He works in 2 hospitals, 12 hours each. We get to see eachother only on Sundays. With this sef, his case is even better. Many of his friends who work in private clinics and earn as little as 60k per month. Some have to combine two clinics just to make 6 figures. The profession has since lost its name and respect.
But which profession sef still has value in this country? Lawyers are even the worse sef. Lawyers in Abuja are used as secretaries and errand boys/girls. You see then running up and down in banks all day to make CAC/NBA payments for their bosses and associates. Seems secretarial function has become part of law practice. What would you say about engineers who don't even have where to do the errand runnings
Truth is... The system is all so messed up.
I weep.
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by brushesz: 9:42pm On Mar 26, 2017
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by Sarah20A(f): 9:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
goldenceo1:
No sacred cow in the scheme of unemployment.

Naija is a curse land right from the days of Lord Luggard...
meaning you are cursed?
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by otokx(m): 9:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
The sad reality of Nigeria is that we all are victims except the political class which includes the various CMDs, health minister and state commissioners of health.

When last did any state or even FG build a brand new 1000 bed tertiary medical facility?
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by armadeo(m): 9:49pm On Mar 26, 2017
KingyKing:

True.
Doctors at my side earn 70k.
Legit.

The hustle to get housejob/internship nko?
Some doctors go 1-2years hunting for housejob in hospitals round Nigeria, yet nothing.. and would finally settle for Supra.
Everything is a mess.

Supra means that the doctor agrees to work for no pay. In some cases he has to pay the institutions before he starts work and it might be up to half a million a year.

1 Like

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by Dee60: 9:51pm On Mar 26, 2017
Dino is displaying cars, from Ferari to Phantom, and you still ask where the money goes! Ask the politicians. Maybe we will find your money in their pockets. yet, they have some 'ignorant' brothers coming to NL to defend them.

1 Like

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by Ishilove: 9:55pm On Mar 26, 2017
GogetterMD:

Sis, you just summarised Nigeria in one bleeping sentence! Succinctly apt mehn! cheesy grin
Doc, I have a variety of choice adjectives to qualify Nigeria but I chose the ones in my post because it pretty much sums up my sentiments.
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by uboma(m): 9:58pm On Mar 26, 2017
Mcowubaba:

Doctors are not specifically trained to fix Cannula...
That's one of the duties of a Nurse, Practical Nurse etc..
Nurses have their duty, Doctors have theirs.
No need comparing and arguing who works more.

Registered Nurses (entry level) are not paid more than Resident Medical Doctors anywhere in the World undecided
You can bring evidence to back up your claim

You are 100% on point bro.

I wonder when the beef between Nurses and Doctors will end.

There is absolutely no basis for the beef in the first place....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can Salt Water Prevent Pregnancy? / Muazu Brahji Dies At COVID-19 Isolation Centre In Yobe / Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.