Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria (2673 Views)

Arrested Abuja Bombers Planned More Attacks / El Rufai And His Son Observe Sallah Prayers With Muslim Faithfuls In Kaduna.pics / How Buhari And Jega Planned To Rig This 2015 Election - Codewit.com Propaganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by Depilot(m): 3:26am On Dec 23, 2009
el-Rufai suspends planned return to Nigeria - We are expecting him - EFCC
From Lanre Adewole and Seyi Gesinde - 23.12.2009

The embattled former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, has made a U-turn on his proposed return to Nigeria, to clear his name on corruption charges levelled against him.

el-Rufai had earlier announced his intention of returning to Nigeria on December 27 after he would have completed his post-graduate studies at Harvard University in the United States.

His lawyer, Mr. Bamidele Aturu, who disclosed this in a statement issued on Tuesday, said el-Rufai decided to shelve his proposed home coming owing to the “need to take a political position in relation to the manifestly unwarranted accusation aimed at providing further pretext to menace his life and liberty.”

According to him, “an overwhelming number of family and friends (of el-Rufai) who had earlier supported his decision to return in December have urged a deferral as a result of the current leadership vacuum in Nigeria.

He said “this is also the view of his political associates in the G53 and the Good Governance Group (3G).

“In addition, he has also received counsel to delay his return from leading traditional rulers and other political leaders whose views he respects.

“To this effect, el-Rufai has now decided to announce a later date of his return.”

However, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) chairman, Mrs. Farida Waziri, on Tuesday disclosed that the commission was expecting el-Rufai.

Farida spoke while receiving football ambassador, John Fashanu, at the commission’s office in Abuja.

The anti-corruption chief said although EFCC had not received a formal letter informing it that the man would come on December 27, she noted that anytime the former minister stepped in, he would be made to answer for himself.

"I read it in one of the newspapers, I think THISDAY, that el-Rufai would be returning to the country on the 27th of this month but we are yet to receive a formal letter to that effect. Anyway, we are waiting for his return because he has a case to answer with EFCC," Waziri said.
http://tribune.com.ng/23122009/news/news4.html
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by slap1(m): 7:37am On Dec 23, 2009
He shud cancel & not postpone. They r practically waitin 2 kill d man while grantin bail 2 monsters like Ibori. . . .
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by otukpo(f): 1:10pm On Dec 23, 2009
El Rufai is one of those monters!
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by Youngichou(m): 1:33pm On Dec 23, 2009
He is not a monster the jerk is that in PDP when you dont obliged to their bymassed thinking the try bringing you down.
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by slap1(m): 1:38pm On Dec 23, 2009
Wen a nation dat celebrates corruption declares u an enemy of d state it can only mean u r a saint.
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by oge4real(f): 1:45pm On Dec 23, 2009
slap1:

Wen a nation dat celebrates corruption declares u an enemy of d state it can only mean u r a saint.
That is under normal circumstances.
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by slap1(m): 1:46pm On Dec 23, 2009
Publicity & bootlicking is d name of d game in EFCC. Wot happened 2 kenny martins, nnamani, ibori (whose relations in London reportedly asked in d court if 'na only ibori tif money'), shekarau, turaki, oji kalu, OBJ & d oda  bigger thieves?
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by chidichris(m): 1:57pm On Dec 23, 2009
the big criminal never wanted to come just playing his normal games.
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 23, 2009
It will be berra for him if he stays over there.Coming home will only make matters worse for him.El rufai is not really a saint but i kinda like his charisma.Efcc will be waiting for him at the airport to pick him up but the issue here is what do they really want him for.Efcc couldnt prosecute erastus akingbola,james ibori,adenike grange,cecilia ibru etc successfully,why is it so much interested in nailing el rufai and ribadu
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by muhsin(m): 2:48pm On Dec 23, 2009
I pity the guy; he never knew sth. like this is awaiting him.

Nija ppl don discourage potential minds o! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by bidemi12(m): 2:50pm On Dec 23, 2009
~Bluetooth:

It will be berra for him if he stays over there.Coming home will only make matters worse for him.El rufai is not really a saint but i kinda like his charisma.Efcc will be waiting for him at the airport to pick him up but the issue here is what do they really want him for.Efcc couldnt prosecute erastus akingbola,james ibori,adenike grange,cecilia ibru etc successfully,why is it so much interested in nailing el rufai and ribadu

I swear you are a funny guy. You mean you don't know? Efcc must chop now.  grin
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 23, 2009
Dont mind them afteral na the same police full the place
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by chosen04(f): 3:02pm On Dec 23, 2009
What have they done to OBJ that is right under their nose?
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 23, 2009
Not only obj,ibb too
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by chosen04(f): 3:11pm On Dec 23, 2009
Even IBORI.
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by bashdecash(m): 3:23pm On Dec 23, 2009
there is always a repercussion to our actions, what El-Rufai is undergoing is as a result of all the atrocities he committed when he was the FCT minister.

i can remeber many Nigerians (especially in mosque) cursed him repeatedly for demolitions of places of worship. you think those prayers will go in vain?, NAY
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by bandely(m): 3:38pm On Dec 23, 2009
bashdecash:

there is always a repercussion to our actions, what El-Rufai is undergoing is as a result of all the atrocities he committed when he was the FCT minister.

i can remeber many Nigerians (especially in mosque) cursed him repeatedly for demolitions of places of worship. you think those prayers will go in vain?, NAY
grin grin
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by 2sleek2NV(m): 4:01pm On Dec 23, 2009
wetin concern us? if u like comeback, if u like die there. na u sabi.
u r stil forming innocent now and attacking the govt that made and fed u
with stolen mandate and evry. na when them catch u we go know everything u thief
and where u hide them, NONSENSE!!!!!!
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by chosen04(f): 4:33pm On Dec 23, 2009
bashdecash:

The cup will soon pass over him. I thut the curses from those were for him to drop dead? I thut some people also cursed IBB and OBJ?

*****Shakes head*****
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 23, 2009
To kneel or bow, or to succumb isnt weakness. If El-Rufai has a smart game plan, he will live to see a better Nigeria where he wont be a fugitive, and where we dont have a vegetable as the HOS, while some bunch of gangsters run affairs at his behest. I would do the same if I was him. Stay put, and come when everything cools.
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by Onwan: 4:45pm On Dec 23, 2009
What goes around comes around
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 23, 2009
2sleek2NV:

wetin concern us? if u like comeback, if u like die there. na u sabi.
u r stil forming innocent now and attacking the govt that made and fed u
with stolen mandate and evry. na when them catch u we go know everything u thief
and where u hide them, NONSENSE!!!!!!

gosh grin
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by Youngichou(m): 5:02pm On Dec 23, 2009
you all should live him alone.stealing or not. he will still get out

Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by koolchicco: 5:29pm On Dec 23, 2009
get away! yes you!! cool
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by Onwan: 5:36pm On Dec 23, 2009
The guy is just an idiot.

These people should be shot on sight
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by afemai: 6:19pm On Dec 23, 2009
El rufai is a wise man. He dosent believe in the entire system.
The courts he disobeyed their orders while demolishing houses
he feels he cant get succour from them.

The national assembly where he accused some members of corruption, and
where he was petitioned, "tried" and found culpable not in absentia though, because his lawyers
represented him.

The executive (who controls the police and efcc ) he disparaged the president and his entire cabinet
with diatribes and invectives well published globally.
He should know he is in a great mess, let his deeds judge him by returning to prove pundits wrong
of all allegations. Am sorry I dont see him coming out unscatched!!!! he better remain and keep his
voluntary fugitive status alive.
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by bashdecash(m): 6:56pm On Dec 23, 2009
@chosen04, the fact is that some repercussions dont come early in life but later and at thesame time there is different between wen ordinary people pray and wen priest or mallams pray in places of worship.

the people you named in your post may not have been cursed by religion leaders in mosques and churches because dey shower money to them to even pray for their safety (Hajj pilgrimage and prophets in some churches etc) which is a different case with El-rufai.

El-rufai did not only receive curse from religion leaders but the masses, senators, business men etc also prayed for his downfall.

i can remebeer freshly the eviction of justice Bashir Sambo from his house with all his properties scattered on the street by El-rufai gang even though the case was in court which lead to the old man's untimely death cos of agony (so they say).
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by Onwan: 7:05pm On Dec 23, 2009
Anyone supportive of El-ruffai and his twin in crime will suffer the lot The creator has in stock for them till old age, Amen!
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by mamagee3(f): 1:03am On Dec 24, 2009
Another Nigerian Criminal! angry
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by Depilot(m): 5:29am On Dec 24, 2009
Pretty soon some enemies (fools) of Nigeria will be inviting him (El-rufai) and his girl-friend (Ribadu) to come and replace Yaradua.
The jobless bastards (El-rufai and Ribadu) should be brought back home and tortured to death for playing Nigerians for fools.
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by location(m): 8:00am On Dec 24, 2009
EL-rufai is just suspending his judgment day because nemesis will catch up with him sooner or later grin. though he did some good job at the FCT but hmmmm, he did some pretty funny one's too, of which he must pay for should he be found guilty grin grin grin
Re: El-rufai Suspends Planned Return To Nigeria by PastorOla1: 8:15am On Dec 24, 2009
I just want to advice OGA to play safe please

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Threatens To Demolish University Hospital In Maiduguri / If You're In Kano, Watch What you Wear, They're Arresting people Now! / Latest PDP Advert......How Low Can They Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.