Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,224 members, 7,811,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University (9819 Views)

Carpenter With No Child Sends 33 Strangers To University With Life Savings / FG Hands Over Seized Snakes, Spiders, Millipedes To University Of Uyo / Man Sends An Orphan He Met During NYSC In Rivers To University (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by Teacherjobs: 8:46pm On Mar 26, 2017
Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun state has signed into law a bill to upgrade Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta (MAPOLY) to a university status, thus bringing the number of universities in the state to 11.

The addition of MAPOLY would bring to three the number of universities owned by the state. Already it owned Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU), Ago-Iwoye and Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED), Ijebu Ode.

The institution was formally established in 1980 as Ogun state Polytechnic during the military administration of Harris Eghagha.The state is a host to eight others out of which seven are privately owned. They are, the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB). Babcock University, Ilisan-Remo, Bells University of Technology, Ota, Covenant University, Ota, Crawford University, Igbesa, Crescent University, Abeokuta, McPherson University, Abeokuta and Mountain Top University.

Governor Amosun also signed into law the bill to re-establish the Ogun State Polytechnic in Ipokia Local government area of the State.Amosun who gave his assent to the two bills at the state executive council meeting said the two institutions would be run on different campuses.

Besides, he added that government would engage necessary think tanks and qualified academics to provide the technical guide for the successful take-off of the institutions so as to compete favourably with others.

The Governor commended the efforts of the state House of Assembly for the timely and successful passage of the bills and assured that all necessary documents has been put in place and sent to the appropriate quarters.

In a chat with reporters after passing the bills, the speaker, Ishola Adekunbi, said the Assembly acted promptly considering the prospect and opportunities the institutions would attract to the state.

He added that the decision would also create employment opportunities for the people in addition to providing easy access to tertiary education in Ipokia and its environs.

Guardian

http://www.teacher.com.ng/mapoly-become-oguns-states-11th-university/

1 Like

Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by hazan041(m): 8:49pm On Mar 26, 2017
Teacherjobs:
Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun state has signed into law a bill to upgrade Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta (MAPOLY) to a university status, thus bringing the number of universities in the state to 11.

The addition of MAPOLY would bring to three the number of universities owned by the state. Already it owned Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU), Ago-Iwoye and Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED), Ijebu Ode.

The institution was formally established in 1980 as Ogun state Polytechnic during the military administration of Harris Eghagha.The state is a host to eight others out of which seven are privately owned. They are, the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB). Babcock University, Ilisan-Remo, Bells University of Technology, Ota, Covenant University, Ota, Crawford University, Igbesa, Crescent University, Abeokuta, McPherson University, Abeokuta and Mountain Top University.

Governor Amosun also signed into law the bill to re-establish the Ogun State Polytechnic in Ipokia Local government area of the State.Amosun who gave his assent to the two bills at the state executive council meeting said the two institutions would be run on different campuses.

Besides, he added that government would engage necessary think tanks and qualified academics to provide the technical guide for the successful take-off of the institutions so as to compete favourably with others.

The Governor commended the efforts of the state House of Assembly for the timely and successful passage of the bills and assured that all necessary documents has been put in place and sent to the appropriate quarters.

In a chat with reporters after passing the bills, the speaker, Ishola Adekunbi, said the Assembly acted promptly considering the prospect and opportunities the institutions would attract to the state.

He added that the decision would also create employment opportunities for the people in addition to providing easy access to tertiary education in Ipokia and its environs.

Guardian

http://www.teacher.com.ng/mapoly-become-oguns-states-11th-university/
Nice
Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by drinkgarri: 7:29am On Mar 27, 2017
MAUNI..... Am I kidding
FTC.....i have been pursuing this goal for over 10years. But thanks to God almighty for giving me the privilege. Thanks to my pastor who always encourages me that I can achieve this goal of ftc.am so happy, my next goal is I wanna be a dollar billionaire.i believe am getting there, believe me or not#cry of joy with a bottle of beer by my side

4 Likes

Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by oyetunder(m): 7:29am On Mar 27, 2017
Rubbish! When other countries are busy developing practical technical education thereby producing young men and women who are qualified enough to come to African and construct bridges, roads, and rail-roads among others, we are busy upgrading under-founded 'polys' to under-founded universities. Those from China who trained practically for 2 years are coming here daily to 'boss' our boys with chains of degrees. That was how we destroyed Teachers Training Colleges...and we are now pulling down our Colleges of Educations. We want to build a nation of 'Degree holders' ? Well, let's continue to play useless politics with our education.

16 Likes

Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 27, 2017
University of cultism

4 Likes

Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by bewla(m): 7:29am On Mar 27, 2017
iup ogun
Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by Einl(m): 7:29am On Mar 27, 2017
Whether you call them polytechnics or universities... they are all really secondary schools with fancy names.

1 Like

Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by Ezezima2012(m): 7:30am On Mar 27, 2017
Noted
Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by Gwan2(m): 7:30am On Mar 27, 2017
issokay

1 Like

Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by Vioncy(f): 7:32am On Mar 27, 2017
its not fair ooooo wat abt Rivpoly (Kenpoly) wen it b upgraded?
Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by modelsms10: 7:32am On Mar 27, 2017
Thats not our prob
Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by Kaxmytex(m): 7:32am On Mar 27, 2017
NICE
Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by Rexnegro(m): 7:35am On Mar 27, 2017
why should they? do mapoly have The facilities requirements to be upgraded to University? if yes then No problem....but they shouldn't complain later o cos even The existing ones dey struggle with issues such as facilities, payment of salary etc

1 Like

Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by teamsynergy: 7:35am On Mar 27, 2017
Ogun na one Kain state... all kinds of institutions dey dia...
Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by frubben(m): 7:35am On Mar 27, 2017
Wonderful development
Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by Ejegbleje(m): 7:39am On Mar 27, 2017
But polytechnic students are made to believe that they are more academically sound than university students, if the argument is true then why converting poly to university.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by jericco1(m): 7:43am On Mar 27, 2017
It's a bad idea

1 Like

Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by whela(m): 7:43am On Mar 27, 2017
Good news.... Upgrade the tech and improve the system to a world class, not just the name... Spend more on educational system....
Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by sakalisis(m): 7:48am On Mar 27, 2017
Good
Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by holatimmy(f): 7:50am On Mar 27, 2017
Is that the next thing to do?
Producing more Bsc graduates with no Job

Absolute Misplaced priority...
Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by gidimasters(m): 7:51am On Mar 27, 2017
Ejegbleje:
But polytechnic students are made to believe that they are more academically sound than university students, if the argument is true then why converting poly to university.

then why should there be discrismination? use ur head
Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by Dicksonpal: 8:00am On Mar 27, 2017
I just week for this govt, this will ground economic activities for a while tho..
Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 27, 2017
oyetunder:
Rubbish! When other countries are busy developing practical technical education thereby producing young men and women who are qualified enough to come to African and construct bridges, roads, and rail-roads among others, we are busy upgrading under-founded 'polys' to under-founded universities. Those from China who trained practically for 2 years are coming here daily to 'boss' our boys with chains of degrees. That was how we destroyed Teachers Training Colleges...and we are now pulling down our Colleges of Educations. We want to build a nation of 'Degree holders' ? Well, let's continue to play useless politics with our education.

C'mon keep shut. . .

1 Like

Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:26am On Mar 27, 2017
It is good.
Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by elmisti(m): 8:26am On Mar 27, 2017
As day upgrade yabatech bah
Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by Sarhyd(m): 8:30am On Mar 27, 2017
Something that's already a university like a month back
Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by elmisti(m): 8:31am On Mar 27, 2017
drinkgarri:
MAUNI..... Am I kidding
FTC.....i have been pursuing this goal for over 10years. But thanks to God almighty for giving me the privilege. Thanks to my pastor who always encourages me that I can achieve this goal of ftc.am so happy, my next goal is I wanna be a dollar billionaire.i believe am getting there, believe me or not#cry of joy with a bottle of beer by my side

Sorry bro....ur bottle of beer stopped ur goal.....

1 Like

Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by ItsawrapOutfit: 8:33am On Mar 27, 2017
Good development
Re: MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University by supereagle(m): 9:18am On Mar 27, 2017
Playing politics with education. bad idea, someone help me advice the governor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uniben School Fees For Freshers / Top 10 Best Nigeria Universities(pictures) / Poor State Of Nizzamiyyah Model Primary School, Yauri LGA, Kebbi (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.