Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:52 AM

Breaking: ACF Wont Support Structurin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: ACF Wont Support Structurin (497 Views)

We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF / No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF / I Don't Like Buhari's Culture Of Silence - Acf's Spokesman, Sani Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: ACF Wont Support Structurin by Nsonso: 9:41pm On Mar 26, 2017
By Emeka Mamah The Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF, Sunday rejected the call for the restructuring of the country to ensure true federalism saying that what the country needed was competent leadership at all the levels of government and not doing anything that would weaken the centre. The National Publicity Secretary of ACF, Mohammed Ibrahim, made this known in a telephone interview with Vanguard. Ibrahim said “that Nigerians fought for the unity of the country” pointing out that it was “not possible for the north to support anything that would cause disunity” in Nigeria. He however stressed that since the country was practicing democracy, everything about restructuring or amending the constitution should be channelled through the National Assembly which had the constitutional duties to bring about such changes. On a personal note, Ibrahim said that it would be practically impossible to restructure the country along the line of regionalism when it had not been possible for civilians to create even one local government council since the exit of the military from governance over 18 years ago. “It is not possible. Nobody can even amend the 1999 Constitution as it is today. This is my personal opinion but we have not been able to create a single local government since the advent of the present democratic dispensation. For anybody to create a new local government council in the country, all the 36 states must agree and this cannot be possible,” he added, pointing out that everything about restructuring along regionalism would be an exercise in futility.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/acf-wont-support-structuring/
Re: Breaking: ACF Wont Support Structurin by walemoney007(m): 9:58pm On Mar 26, 2017
if is not that a lot of politicians in the south are stupid,we should let the north understand that is either we restructure the country and practice a federal system of government or we all go our differemt ways
we have been runing a unitary system of government since 1966,what have we achieved?

thats why i will never forgive gej,i voted for him in 2011 thinking he will restructure the country,if i can become the president in 2019 i will make sure i make th central very weak,the central government will be in charge of monetary policy,foreign affair,defense and the territorial integrity of Nigeria,if the north does not agree,then they will have to form their country and keep running a unitary system of government

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: ACF Wont Support Structurin by OfficialAwol(m): 9:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
Ndi Hausa....
Re: Breaking: ACF Wont Support Structurin by nzeobi(m): 10:06pm On Mar 26, 2017
The only way to get good leaders is by restructuring which will make the people look inward and present their best eleven.

Only the SS region that depends on crude oil should be in recession now and other regions isolated from it

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Abia Headmistress Demoted For Embarrassing Ikpeazu’s Wife / . / Breaking: Osun Donates Opon Imo To Rescued Chibok School Girls (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.