Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,948 members, 7,956,572 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:22 PM

Why Nigerians Are Refused Entry Into The U.s - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Nigerians Are Refused Entry Into The U.s (2291 Views)

Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire / Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Are Refused Entry Into The U.s by Nobody: 1:39am On Mar 27, 2017
3 STRONG reasons Nigerians are being refused entry into the US –BY NIGERIA'S ENVOY IN UNITED STATES.

Mr Hakeem Balogun spoke on why some Nigerians were being barred from entering the US – He gave about three salient points that have led to this travel problem Nigerians face.

The Chargé d’affaires of the Embassy of Nigeria in Washington, Mr Hakeem Balogun, has revealed different reasons responsible for the problems Nigerians face while trying to enter the US.

In a recent interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), in Washington, he gave the reasons while adding that the President Donald Trump’s travel ban did not affect Nigerians.

He said: “The executive ban on immigration does not affect Nigerians. Whatever must have taken place regarding visa issuance, vetting at the airports, it’s all normal.

“All these things have been on even before President Trump. Let’s get one thing well. That you are issued visa is not a guarantee that you will end up wherever you’re going.

“It’s a global thing; it’s not just United States. Even with us in Nigeria, we issue a visa to you here in the Nigerian Embassy.

“There is no guarantee that you will get in when you get to Murtala Muhammed Airport or when you get to Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport. “The final authority is the man at the point of entry – immigration officers there.

For instance, you can come to the Embassy here, we ask for all the things you need to get the visa. “How much do you have that we feel will be enough for you to stay in Nigeria for the period you’re going.

“May be as at that time, you were able to show us evidence that you have a thousand dollars which we feel will be enough for you to stay in Nigeria.

“By the time you get to Murtala Muhammed Airport, the man at that end there asked you, all you have to show to him is 100 dollars, definitely, he might turn you back, and that’s normal.”

Mr. Balogun also said Nigerians are restricted because of the following:

“Then there are other things. What manner of visa did you collect to come to the United States? “For instance, a pregnant woman who comes to the United States on visiting visa will probably be turned back at the point of entry because she does not have a medical visa.

“You are coming in on a visiting visa and the immigration man sees you pregnant. Naturally, he will turn you back.

“Even if you have the medical visa, they want to know if you have medical insurance; do you have your medical documents for you to be able to come and use their medical facilities here.

“So these are issues. Nigeria is not being singled out. We are not one of those countries that have been mentioned. We are definitely not one of them.”

http://trueviralnews.com/3-strong-reasons-nigerians-are-being-refused-entry-into-the-us-envoy-reveals/
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused Entry Into The U.s by Nobody: 1:50am On Mar 27, 2017
wats dis one saying.. ..

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused Entry Into The U.s by Nobody: 2:14am On Mar 27, 2017
True to an extent sha...
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused Entry Into The U.s by jeffizy(m): 3:26am On Mar 27, 2017
Balogun is right.
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused Entry Into The U.s by stealthtiger(m): 3:35am On Mar 27, 2017
Quite true
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused Entry Into The U.s by speaktome(m): 3:36am On Mar 27, 2017
Oga Balogun you are right Shaa...

But why dey no gree give me Visa for our

ROTARY CONVENTION

Can you explain please...

#MySignatureMyBusiness

Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused Entry Into The U.s by Nobody: 3:47am On Mar 27, 2017
True talk o, even before trump became president Nigerians hardly get issued entry visa to the states. Go to walter carrington str and see film. I know couple of folks that have been denied visa during obama's tenure so it's not really about the ban. As per the port of entry (POE) issue I've seen someone with a multiple entry visa being denied entry in LAX for reason best known to the immigration officers, the bros wan go visit him wife and kids in Sacramento. He came back to 9ja on the next available flight, he tried again after a month and had no issues at the same POE. Na last month someone close to me still travel to Maryland, she enter straight without stress.

Anyone wey dey travel well would know this or watch border security on dish and you would know more about what am saying.
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused Entry Into The U.s by Qmerit(m): 4:01am On Mar 27, 2017
speaktome:

ROTARY CONVENTION

#MySignatureMyBusiness

Oga talk true would you had come back?
That was why you were denied... answered

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused Entry Into The U.s by Amberon: 6:29am On Mar 27, 2017
The first point he gave is the most valid point. Infant if he didn't mention it, I would said this was thrash.

I noticed that when I read an account of a particular man who was turned back. He went with his wife and two kids, He only had a basic travel allowance of $8000. The POE officers told him some people had $15,000 and $20,000. That was when I knew it was all about the money.

That being said , whether one goes with enough money or not doesn't warrant the bad treatment by the POE officers. In some cases, they detain people for days and even cancel their visas. That's too harsh.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused Entry Into The U.s by speaktome(m): 6:55am On Mar 27, 2017
Qmerit:

What do you mean?

It's some one that doesn't have better thing doing here in Nigeria that dream of traveling out to hustle there...

It was only a Rotary Convention that I wanted to attend and I have been going and coming back Ok

#MySignatureMyBusiness

Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused Entry Into The U.s by Qmerit(m): 7:07am On Mar 27, 2017
speaktome:

What do you mean?

It's some one that doesn't have better thing doing here in Nigeria that dream of traveling out to hustle there...

It was only a Rotary Convention that I wanted to attend and I have been going and coming back Ok

In all I was only joking as you can see I even used loz.. maybe is the new govt in place that making things hard in the embassy I guess.

#MySignatureMyBusiness
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused Entry Into The U.s by Qmerit(m): 7:10am On Mar 27, 2017
[quote author=speaktome post=54984335]

What do you mean?

#In all I was only joking as you can see I even used loz.. maybe is the new govt in place that making things hard in the embassy I guess.
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused Entry Into The U.s by speaktome(m): 7:14am On Mar 27, 2017
It's well Bro... [quote author=Qmerit post=54984626][/quote]
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused Entry Into The U.s by Bahddo(m): 7:45am On Mar 27, 2017
Same in Nigeria? Which Nigeria refuses people entry? If I hear!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused Entry Into The U.s by Priceless200(f): 11:48am On Mar 27, 2017
speaktome:

ROTARY CONVENTION
Ryan, really.?
I Wan apply oo. Tell me, what happened at the embassy, why them no give you, Abj or Lag?

#MySignatureMyBusiness
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused Entry Into The U.s by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 27, 2017
Qmerit:

Confirm.
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused Entry Into The U.s by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 27, 2017
fuckerstard:
True talk o, even before trump became president Nigerians hardly get issued entry visa to the states. Go to walter carrington str and see film. I know couple of folks that have been denied visa during obama's tenure so it's not really about the ban. As per the port of entry (POE) issue I've seen someone with a multiple entry visa being denied entry in LAX for reason best known to the immigration officers, the bros wan go visit him wife and kids in Sacramento. He came back to 9ja on the next available flight, he tried again after a month and had no issues at the same POE. Na last month someone close to me still travel to Maryland, she enter straight without stress.

Anyone wey dey travel well would know this or watch border security on dish and you would know more about what am saying.

I have a good idea on why it happened.

You have to live outside the USA more than you live in it with a tourist visa.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? / Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January / Rescheduling My Visa Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.