Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Outrage As Two Nigeria Girls Are Barred From United Flight For Wearing Leggings - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Outrage As Two Nigeria Girls Are Barred From United Flight For Wearing Leggings (1991 Views)

160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja / A Nigerian Kicked Off United Flight After White Man Complained She Was 'pungent' / Nigerian Lady Kicked Off Turkish Flight For Assaulting Air Hostess (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Outrage As Two Nigeria Girls Are Barred From United Flight For Wearing Leggings by Alisegun(m): 7:43am On Mar 27, 2017
A United Airlines gate agent barred two girls from boarding a flight Sunday morning because the girls were wearing leggings.

Another girl who was wearing gray leggings had to change before she was allowed to board the flight from Denver to Minneapolis, a witness said.

“She’s forcing them to change or put dresses on over leggings or they can’t board,” Shannon Watts, who was at a gate at Denver International Airport, said on Twitter. “Since when does @united police women’s clothing?”

According to Washington Post,United, responding to tweets about the incident tweeted that

“United shall have the right to refuse passengers who are not properly clothed via our Contract of Carriage.” And added, “This is left to the discretion of the agents.”

The airline’s passenger contract says for the safety of all passengers and crew members, the airline can refuse to let a passenger board if the passenger is “barefoot or not properly clothed.”

The airlines, however, does not define “properly clothed.”

Re: Outrage As Two Nigeria Girls Are Barred From United Flight For Wearing Leggings by TippyTop(m): 7:51am On Mar 27, 2017
American women know how to dress provocatively. Am sure those Nigerian girls took their dressing to a different level grin

2 Likes

Re: Outrage As Two Nigeria Girls Are Barred From United Flight For Wearing Leggings by sarrki(m): 7:53am On Mar 27, 2017
Where There is no law, There is no sin

That's there law

live with it or excuse them
Re: Outrage As Two Nigeria Girls Are Barred From United Flight For Wearing Leggings by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:01am On Mar 27, 2017
hope is not another tactics frm Donald chukwuemeka trump

1 Like

Re: Outrage As Two Nigeria Girls Are Barred From United Flight For Wearing Leggings by Buharimustgo: 8:01am On Mar 27, 2017
TippyTop:
American women are know to dress provocatively. Am sure those Nigerian girls took their dressing to a different level grin

Do they force you to look at the provocative dressing?

3 Likes

Re: Outrage As Two Nigeria Girls Are Barred From United Flight For Wearing Leggings by TippyTop(m): 8:07am On Mar 27, 2017
[s]
Buharimustgo:

Do they force you to look at the provocative dressing?
[/s]
You're not making sense, where in my post did I allude to that?
Don't bother replying, I have better things to do than reply deranged individuals who can't comprehend simple comments.
Go back and read my post or get someone with a brain to read it to you.
Re: Outrage As Two Nigeria Girls Are Barred From United Flight For Wearing Leggings by babyfaceafrica: 8:10am On Mar 27, 2017
Nice one... Is it by force to use their airline?..they have the right to do so if it is stated!
Re: Outrage As Two Nigeria Girls Are Barred From United Flight For Wearing Leggings by rusher14: 8:16am On Mar 27, 2017
ThinkSmarter:
[s]Honestly, I'm not in support of tribal bashing on Nairaland but I learnt one thing. The Nairaland MODs are quick to ban u if u make any comments against Buhari, Yoruba people but will not do same if the comments were to be made to Igbo or PDP.
They should display professionalism.
One of the mod is pro~Buhari [BMC], he is always quick to move Ganduje thread to FP.
And they are quick to pull down comments that doesn't represent their interest.[/s]

Everyone gets banned here on Nairaland.
Re: Outrage As Two Nigeria Girls Are Barred From United Flight For Wearing Leggings by rusher14: 8:17am On Mar 27, 2017
Nowhere in the report were the girls described as Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As Two Nigeria Girls Are Barred From United Flight For Wearing Leggings by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 27, 2017
Issorite
Re: Outrage As Two Nigeria Girls Are Barred From United Flight For Wearing Leggings by Buharimustgo: 8:43am On Mar 27, 2017
TippyTop:
[s][/s]
You're not making sense, where in my post did I allude to that?
Don't bother replying, I have better things to do than reply deranged individuals who can't comprehend simple comments.
Go back and read my post or get someone with a brain to read it to you.

Please go and continue sucking from your mothers breast,you are just a kid and worse than Buhari that can't take criticisms, future leader of tomorrow indeed

1 Like

Re: Outrage As Two Nigeria Girls Are Barred From United Flight For Wearing Leggings by Priceless200(f): 11:44am On Mar 27, 2017
Firstly these girls are not Nigerians, (was not mentioned anywhere on the net, secondly United have responded to this and cleared the air that that particular flight is for some group of people, (their employees or something like that) and their guests and there's a dressing norm for this class of people. So yes, learn to report constructively.

(1) (Reply)

Need Direction From Ibadan To Ojudu Berger / Allen Avenue, ikeja (visitors) / Iceland Volcano Grounds England

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.