Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH (16247 Views)

Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures / Hadi Sirika: Enugu Airport Runway To Open On August 30 / The Beauty Of Abuja Airport Runway At Night As It Nears Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by three: 8:05am On Mar 27, 2017
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

The Federal Government will still carry out another round of upgrade works on the runway of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja for 18 weeks after the facility would have been reopened for operations on April 19.

A top Presidency official who spoke on the condition of anonymity disclosed this to journalists in Abuja on Sunday.

The airport is currently shut to allow reconstruction work on its runway. The work which is in its third week is expected to last six weeks.

Quoting from a report of the Federal Government Coordinating Committee overseeing the management of the airport repair, closure and relocation, the Presidency official said unlike the ongoing work on the runway, the 18-week upgrade would not necessitate closure of the airport.

He said the upgrade would be done in the night, hence will not disrupt flight operations.

“After the Abuja Airport reopens for operations on April 19, upgrade works on the runway will continue for another 18 weeks.

“This second phase of upgrade works on the runway will be carried out at night, with no disruption to flight schedules,” he said.

He added that a media tour to allow journalists observe and assess the progress on the airport’s runway repair will hold this week as the repair enters its mid-point on Wednesday

http://punchng.com/abuja-airports-runway-to-undergo-another-18-week-upgrade/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by Justuceleague2: 8:26am On Mar 27, 2017
It's been established that nobody was trying to sneak Buhari in the country under the cover of dark, if they need 20months let them have it.

The upgrade will. Definitely affect Abuja's igr but then it'll be better when NMA resumes

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by CarlosTheJackal: 8:32am On Mar 27, 2017
The looting going on in this country now is mind boggling.

Amaechi is busy collecting his Election expenses with all these projects with elephant funds

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by emeka2847: 8:37am On Mar 27, 2017
I'm very disappointed that these guys could not keep their promise.

Fake leaders.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by kings09(m): 8:37am On Mar 27, 2017
grin Amaechi's opportunity to recover his money. Pls continue d upgrading till 2019.

35 Likes

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 27, 2017
They want someone somewhere to eat out of the national cake but how they act like they have sense is what baffles me.

I roll with politicians and hey! they are all brain dead and all they care about is winning election, gathering money and oppressing.

Imagine the gathering of Ali babas in the red chambers legislating what exactly?

The greatest punishment one can ever experience is living in Nigeria, I'm not sure feeling in hell can be anything close to being here

10 Likes

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by Deivid10(m): 8:38am On Mar 27, 2017
Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by DollarAngel(m): 8:38am On Mar 27, 2017
Julius Berger and the committee in charge of this more money to you people's pocket,

7 Likes

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by Myself2(m): 8:38am On Mar 27, 2017
I knew the 6 weeks period was a ruse

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by fergo86: 8:38am On Mar 27, 2017
let them take their time and do it well... keyword: well

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by Tundellinium(m): 8:38am On Mar 27, 2017
I'm very sure that somewhere somehow someone is embezzling the money that is meant for this project. The money might not be that outrageous to avoid being detected but Naija will always be corrupt.

21 Likes

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by aooo(m): 8:39am On Mar 27, 2017
Hmmmm.
I can smell something
Y weren't dy precise b4??
Hope they ain't trying to take the glory of Abuja Airport com give am to Kaduna Airport??

Goroz:

Balderdash
This is naija. Don't worry let's wait and c how it all play out.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by Temptee101(m): 8:39am On Mar 27, 2017
We don't care anymore criminals. You can take a whole year if you so desire after all it took your president 7months to appoint these crooks he termed ministers

17 Likes

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by NightRains(m): 8:39am On Mar 27, 2017
Nigeria my country embarassed
Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by Bishop1monte(m): 8:39am On Mar 27, 2017
I can't wait to travel via Abuja airport

1 Like

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by aminho(m): 8:39am On Mar 27, 2017
Read the full article before you comment

4 Likes

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by botad(m): 8:39am On Mar 27, 2017
That's good to hear.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by jbcul4ril(m): 8:40am On Mar 27, 2017
AT the end it is all for the progress of Nigeria
Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by Goroz: 8:40am On Mar 27, 2017
aooo:
Hmmmm.
I can smell something
Y weren't dy precise b4??
Hope they ain't trying to take the glory of Abuja Airport com give am to Kaduna Airport??

Balderdash
Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by mona1ene: 8:40am On Mar 27, 2017
FAAN shud supervise it
Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by Asebaba1(m): 8:40am On Mar 27, 2017
Cant somebody work in/for this country without suspicious minded people thinking negative.
Try and have a positive mind about everybody .
CarlosTheJackal:
The looting going on in this country now is mind boggling.

Amaechi is busy collecting his Election expenses with all these projects with elephant funds

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by sarrki(m): 8:41am On Mar 27, 2017
Give us a befitting National airport
Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by LessNoise: 8:41am On Mar 27, 2017
Posters above me tho!!!! Did u even bother to read what the op posted at all undecided

5 Likes

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by AbuEzeFemi(m): 8:41am On Mar 27, 2017
Goroz:
Oh
thank you Buhari

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by edo3(m): 8:42am On Mar 27, 2017
I ain't surprise..
Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by elmisti(m): 8:42am On Mar 27, 2017
Politics everywr
Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by jeeqaa7(m): 8:43am On Mar 27, 2017
Ol
Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by adorablepepple(f): 8:44am On Mar 27, 2017
That's great,
Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by Amberon: 8:45am On Mar 27, 2017
Mumu
Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 27, 2017
See result of 20 years of neglect.

For 20 years, we kept on pushing aside the renovaiton of this runway. 20 years of neglect.....and when we had a chance 5 years ago, the thing did not see the light of day.

Now the matter has become so serious....that we have to spend much longer repairing the runway.

Would we have spent this long a time if we had been serious about preventive maintenance in the first place?

Nigeria needs to get rid of fire brigade approach. Do it now...not when it is so bad we have to replace the whole stuff!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by Reference(m): 8:47am On Mar 27, 2017
They should do so. This Kaduna thing is hell. Unnecessary wear and tear on my poor town car.
Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by modsfucker: 8:53am On Mar 27, 2017
thisisayus:
They want someone somewhere to eat out of the national cake but how they act like they have sense is what baffles me.

I roll with politicians and hey! they are all brain dead and all they care about is winning election, gathering money and oppressing.

Imagine the gathering of Ali babas in the red chambers legislating what exactly?

The greatest punishment one can ever experience is living in Nigeria, I'm not sure feeling in hell can be anything close to being here

Just relocate to the neighboring Niger Republic, you will start singing a different song.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Arik Planes In Crash Scare In Abuja & Jos / Terrible Accident Along Bukkuyum-Garin Shinkafi Road Zamfara (Photos) / Guide To Iyinzu Waterfall In Ezimo, Enugu State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.