Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,187 members, 7,825,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH (16255 Views)

Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures / Hadi Sirika: Enugu Airport Runway To Open On August 30 / The Beauty Of Abuja Airport Runway At Night As It Nears Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by magoo10(m): 8:53am On Mar 27, 2017
Lousy govt, they hardly make statements and keep to their words.

Criminals
Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by Emassive(m): 8:58am On Mar 27, 2017
Only a zombie will disagree with me that there's no looting going on
Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 27, 2017
this should not be a surprise to people that know their country very well, what this translates to is "more money to their pockets "

1 Like

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by burkingx(f): 9:12am On Mar 27, 2017
emeka2847:
I'm very disappointed that these guys could not keep their promise.

Fake leaders.
......Abeg ! TRY READ THE ARTICLE SMALL BEFORE COMMENTING RUBBISH angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by onyii255(m): 9:14am On Mar 27, 2017
grin
Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by Wesely01(m): 9:16am On Mar 27, 2017
three:

Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

The Federal Government will still carry out another round of upgrade works on the runway of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja for 18 weeks after the facility would have been reopened for operations on April 19.

A top Presidency official who spoke on the condition of anonymity disclosed this to journalists in Abuja on Sunday.

The airport is currently shut to allow reconstruction work on its runway. The work which is in its third week is expected to last six weeks.

Quoting from a report of the Federal Government Coordinating Committee overseeing the management of the airport repair, closure and relocation, the Presidency official said unlike the ongoing work on the runway, the 18-week upgrade would not necessitate closure of the airport.

He said the upgrade would be done in the night, hence will not disrupt flight operations.

“After the Abuja Airport reopens for operations on April 19, upgrade works on the runway will continue for another 18 weeks.

“This second phase of upgrade works on the runway will be carried out at night, with no disruption to flight schedules,” he said.

He added that a media tour to allow journalists observe and assess the progress on the airport’s runway repair will hold this week as the repair enters its mid-point on Wednesday

http://punchng.com/abuja-airports-runway-to-undergo-another-18-week-upgrade/

Nigeria very funny country I said it that 6 weeks wouldn't be enough they just wanted those people to close down that airport. Funny country anyways you guys should do it well for a proper use.
Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by dynamic007(m): 9:16am On Mar 27, 2017
emeka2847:

Fake leaders.

Can u read?

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by dynamic007(m): 9:17am On Mar 27, 2017
Wesely01:

Nigeria very funny country I said it that 6 weeks wouldn't be enough they just wanted those people to close down that airport. Funny country anyways you guys should do it well for a proper use.

You quoted the whole thing but u didnt read. Wow

1 Like

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by sonofthunder: 9:24am On Mar 27, 2017
emeka2847:

Fake leaders.
I guess you didn't read the op

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by burkingx(f): 9:28am On Mar 27, 2017
Wesely01:

Abeg !!! TRY READ THE ARTICLE SMALL BEFORE COMMENTING RUBBISH ! grin.....
ANYWAY. ....

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by seguno2: 9:29am On Mar 27, 2017
Stupid, corrupt government.
In other countries, they repair their tarmac without closing the airport.
Why are we so dumb?
Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by burkingx(f): 9:40am On Mar 27, 2017
seguno2:
Stupid, corrupt government.
In other countries, they repair their tarmac without closing the airport.
Why are we so dumb?
......PLEASE GO TO SCHOOL AND LEARN ABOUT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TARMAC BUILDINGS AND AIRPORT RUNWAYS. ...... grin grin grin

BUT BEFORE YOU RUSH GO SCHOOL WITH EMPTY STOMACH. .......MAKE I GIVE YOU SOME BRAIN BOOSTER ......... grin grin grin

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by dee02(m): 9:40am On Mar 27, 2017
emeka2847:

Fake leaders.

What promise?!

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:41am On Mar 27, 2017
three:

Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

The Federal Government will still carry out another round of upgrade works on the runway of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja for 18 weeks after the facility would have been reopened for operations on April 19.

A top Presidency official who spoke on the condition of anonymity disclosed this to journalists in Abuja on Sunday.

The airport is currently shut to allow reconstruction work on its runway. The work which is in its third week is expected to last six weeks.

Quoting from a report of the Federal Government Coordinating Committee overseeing the management of the airport repair, closure and relocation, the Presidency official said unlike the ongoing work on the runway, the 18-week upgrade would not necessitate closure of the airport.

He said the upgrade would be done in the night, hence will not disrupt flight operations.

“After the Abuja Airport reopens for operations on April 19, upgrade works on the runway will continue for another 18 weeks.

“This second phase of upgrade works on the runway will be carried out at night, with no disruption to flight schedules,” he said.

He added that a media tour to allow journalists observe and assess the progress on the airport’s runway repair will hold this week as the repair enters its mid-point on Wednesday

http://punchng.com/abuja-airports-runway-to-undergo-another-18-week-upgrade/
lolzzzz
Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 27, 2017
emeka2847:

Fake leaders.
Pls read it well again. the airport will reopen but an upgrade will continue which will be done only at night in order not to disrupt flight movements

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by seguno2: 10:47am On Mar 27, 2017
burkingx:
......PLEASE GO TO SCHOOL AND LEARN ABOUT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TARMAC BUILDINGS AND AIRPORT RUNWAYS. ...... grin grin grin

BUT BEFORE YOU RUSH GO SCHOOL WITH EMPTY STOMACH. .......MAKE I GIVE YOU SOME BRAIN BOOSTER ......... grin grin grin

Stop embarrassing yourself in ignorance.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-39249086
Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by burkingx(f): 10:56am On Mar 27, 2017
seguno2:

Stop embarrassing yourself in ignorance.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-39249086

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by ReubenE(m): 11:00am On Mar 27, 2017
2dugged:
this should not be a surprise to people that know their country very well, what this translates to is "more money to their pockets "
lol...
Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by ajog1: 11:18am On Mar 27, 2017
Tundellinium:
I'm very sure that somewhere somehow someone is embezzling the money that is meant for this project. The money might not be that outrageous to avoid being detected but Naija will always be corrupt.
See you, who's scared of cornering outrageous bills?
Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by Tundellinium(m): 11:34am On Mar 27, 2017
ajog1:
See you, who's scared of cornering outrageous bills?
Nobody wants to be on EFCC blacklist.
Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by mileskiyo(m): 12:40pm On Mar 27, 2017
Haba, people, una no dey read?! The article says the airport will open on schedule but work will continue on other sections and at night too so as not to affect normal flight ops. So quick to dispense with the criticism. Then again it just goes to show how much the government has messed up and we the people have lost faith completely and totally in them... sad embarassed undecided
Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by ExInferis(m): 12:56pm On Mar 27, 2017
Still can't land an airbus a380
Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by Wesely01(m): 2:11pm On Mar 27, 2017
burkingx:

Abeg !!! TRY READ THE ARTICLE SMALL BEFORE COMMENTING RUBBISH ! grin.....
ANYWAY. ....

Delicious you get more ?
Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by emeka2847: 9:18am On Mar 28, 2017
I can't read read. Please what did they write there? Help me.

burkingx:
......Abeg ! TRY READ THE ARTICLE SMALL BEFORE COMMENTING RUBBISH angry angry angry

Re: Abuja Airport’s Runway To Undergo Another 18-week Upgrade - PUNCH by emeka2847: 9:18am On Mar 28, 2017
I can't read read. Please what did they write there? Help me.

dynamic007:

Can u read?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? / Terrible Accident Along Bukkuyum-Garin Shinkafi Road Zamfara (Photos) / Agent Demanding N1.3M For Visa To Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.