Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,035 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Help..! I Moved Into A New Flat, The Dog Living In The Compound Has Ticks !!! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help..! I Moved Into A New Flat, The Dog Living In The Compound Has Ticks !!! (2003 Views)

Boerboel Attacks Thief That Tried Attacking The Dog Owner In Abia(Graphic Photo) / Man Inflicts Injury On Neighbour's Dog In Warri; Doctors Stitch The Dog (Graphic / Posthumous Award For The Dog That Foiled Boko Haram Suicide Bombing In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help..! I Moved Into A New Flat, The Dog Living In The Compound Has Ticks !!! by aywhy93(m): 8:41am On Mar 27, 2017
Hello Guys,

Sorry, I have been so busy that I haven't started the Diary of my Dog which I'm planning to do soon. But this is very urgent and I need your contribution..!

I just moved into a new house that has four flats and a very big compound. I live in one of those flats with a small space at the entrance (corridor) where I intend to keep my Dog. I also intend making use of the compound for my Dog's exercise and satisfaction, under my 100% supervision (to avoid story that touches)... After moving in, I noticed there is a very very small malnourished and tick infested local dog that has a million ticks on its body, the ticks are visible even from a distance without coming near the dog. Since I've noticed that, Ive been keeping my dog indoor (Bathroom). I dont even let her stay at the entrance for now. But few days ago, while playing inside, I saw a tick crawling into her body, I quickly removed the tick and killed it, search all the body and saw 2 more. Since then I've been on the watch and at night, I saw many of them working around in the compound, some coming near my entrance.

Please, I need a lasting solution to this issue... What and what can I use..? What and what should I do..? Thanks
Re: Help..! I Moved Into A New Flat, The Dog Living In The Compound Has Ticks !!! by Kenshinmunac(m): 8:48am On Mar 27, 2017
Just kill the dog.

1 Like

Re: Help..! I Moved Into A New Flat, The Dog Living In The Compound Has Ticks !!! by adorablepepple(f): 9:02am On Mar 27, 2017
See the way you screamed sef
Re: Help..! I Moved Into A New Flat, The Dog Living In The Compound Has Ticks !!! by egorov(m): 9:17am On Mar 27, 2017
No matter what u do with your dog, if u don't do d same to the tick infested dog, they will keep coming back to ur place. Take care of the two dogs.

6 Likes

Re: Help..! I Moved Into A New Flat, The Dog Living In The Compound Has Ticks !!! by FleetAdmiral(m): 9:20am On Mar 27, 2017
I so much hate ticks (tiny bloodsucking vampx) angry...i feel you should disinfect the whole compound with sniper but make sure to get the lil infected dog out of reach so to avoid stories that touch, also get tick sprays for your dog. I don't think there is a permanent cure for tick you can onlu mitigate there growth and spread those insects are just too evil. They can only live in a host and would die when the host dies yet they keep sucking, getting fat, multiplying, oooooorr angry (tiny devils)

1 Like

Re: Help..! I Moved Into A New Flat, The Dog Living In The Compound Has Ticks !!! by 14teenK: 10:06am On Mar 27, 2017
The best thing to do Is to ask the owner of the local dog to help you keep the dog tick free or ask for permission to do it yourself..you can make use of Amitraz....cos even if you disinfect the compound but the local dog still has the ticks in its body,it will keep on spreading.
Re: Help..! I Moved Into A New Flat, The Dog Living In The Compound Has Ticks !!! by aywhy93(m): 11:49pm On Mar 27, 2017
Kenshinmunac:
Just kill the dog.

You mean the infected local dog..?

I don dey reason am big time because it's causing more harm than good to the whole compound... Malnourished, heavily Infested, Very small and Dirty But my Girl wont allow me to... angry
Re: Help..! I Moved Into A New Flat, The Dog Living In The Compound Has Ticks !!! by aywhy93(m): 12:04am On Mar 28, 2017
egorov:
No matter what u do with your dog, if u don't do d same to the tick infested dog, they will keep coming back to ur place. Take care of the two dogs.

You are right Bro... But that local dog is not worth taking care of, it's in fact in the wrong hands. Even if I spend heavily on its well-being, it will most likely than not, still go and bring the ticks or other deadlier disease from outside.. sort of..!

Not to talk of the fact that its owner dont give a F... or care about it. They prepare Eba (full a bowl) for one week, and mix it with soup and pour it on the sandy floor for it to eat in the morning, afternoon and night through out the whole week. angry
Re: Help..! I Moved Into A New Flat, The Dog Living In The Compound Has Ticks !!! by aywhy93(m): 12:12am On Mar 28, 2017
FleetAdmiral:
I so much hate ticks (tiny bloodsucking vampx) angry...i feel you should disinfect the whole compound with sniper but make sure to get the lil infected dog out of reach so to avoid stories that touch, also get tick sprays for your dog. I don't think there is a permanent cure for tick you can onlu mitigate there growth and spread those insects are just too evil. They can only live in a host and would die when the host dies yet they keep sucking, getting fat, multiplying, oooooorr angry (tiny devils)

Hmmnnnn... Okay, I already got the sniper, but that compound is big. Thanks for the suggestion
Re: Help..! I Moved Into A New Flat, The Dog Living In The Compound Has Ticks !!! by aywhy93(m): 12:16am On Mar 28, 2017
14teenK:
The best thing to do Is to ask the owner of the local dog to help you keep the dog tick free or ask for permission to do it yourself..you can make use of Amitraz....cos even if you disinfect the compound but the local dog still has the ticks in its body,it will keep on spreading.

Hmmmnnnn.... Thanks..! Your suggestion makes a lot of sense but the owner doesn't give a Bleep about any tick-free dog and I dont think I can even touch that dog, doing it on my own.
Re: Help..! I Moved Into A New Flat, The Dog Living In The Compound Has Ticks !!! by egorov(m): 8:09am On Mar 28, 2017
aywhy93:

You are right Bro... But that local dog is not worth taking care of, it's in fact in the wrong hands. Even if I spend heavily on its well-being, it will most likely than not, still go and bring the ticks or other deadlier disease from outside.. sort of..!

Not to talk of the fact that its owner dont give a F... or care about it. They prepare Eba (full a bowl) for one week, and mix it with soup and pour it on the sandy floor for it to eat in the morning, afternoon and night through out the whole week. angry
bro, every dog is worth taking care of. No dog should be maltreated or neglected. The best u can do now is talk to ur neighbour about the dog, see if both of u can reach a compromise, u can as well be noble enough to get a small chain of 400naira for the local dog, so his movements will be restricted that's if he has no Cage or kennel, so as to reduce the chances of bringing in ticks or other infections. Then take care of your dog, ask d owner to join u, so u can take care of d two dogs. Then spray the compound. It's d best u can do, if u decided to ignore the Loki, it will haunt ur dog.
Re: Help..! I Moved Into A New Flat, The Dog Living In The Compound Has Ticks !!! by Lavendra(f): 7:48am On Mar 30, 2017
please don't dare use sniper it is poisonous to dogs if u use it it's either ur dog dies or the other dog infact both. I can only advice you call a vet. I treated my dogs on Sunday they had ticks but not much, few but I handled the situation on time. the only advice I can give is that you treat the other dog. talk to the owner if you want to protect ur dog call a vet. my vet gave them a bath, I think it's called tick bath then put some stuffs in their ears and injected them he also fumigated the area they stay so I had to take them out, for a day. I spent 2,000. now all ticks are dead. just treat both ur dog and ur neighbours dog then be free.

1 Like

Re: Help..! I Moved Into A New Flat, The Dog Living In The Compound Has Ticks !!! by seyi200(m): 5:39pm On Mar 30, 2017
Bro please get FIO FINIL for your dog and get a big turkey lap and inject the turkey with Amiraz 90 then throw it for the local dog in the night to eat lobatan, because if you treat the local dog is just like your wasting your time as it will keep roaming around and bringing in ticks and if you don't control ticks in time the worst is that they will be coming inside.
Re: Help..! I Moved Into A New Flat, The Dog Living In The Compound Has Ticks !!! by BomboyOnline: 11:04pm On Mar 30, 2017
Get Frontline or Advantage + tick and flea repellant to apply to your dog once a month. I have Advantage + for sale in Lagos if you are interested.

1 Like

Re: Help..! I Moved Into A New Flat, The Dog Living In The Compound Has Ticks !!! by aywhy93(m): 4:00am On Mar 31, 2017
Lavendra:
please don't dare use sniper it is poisonous to dogs if u use it it's either ur dog dies or the other dog infact both. I can only advice you call a vet. I treated my dogs on Sunday they had ticks but not much, few but I handled the situation on time. the only advice I can give is that you treat the other dog. talk to the owner if you want to protect ur dog call a vet. my vet gave them a bath, I think it's called tick bath then put some stuffs in their ears and injected them he also fumigated the area they stay so I had to take them out, for a day. I spent 2,000. now all ticks are dead. just treat both ur dog and ur neighbours dog then be free.

Thanks a lot for the advice... I really appreciate. I forgot to mention the fact that there are no Vets where I am (or probably there are few and I'm yet to find one). if I was in a well exposed environment, I'll do this. In fact, I send my Bro/friends to help buy most of the Pet items I need from Ibadan/Lagos whenever they are coming around.
Re: Help..! I Moved Into A New Flat, The Dog Living In The Compound Has Ticks !!! by aywhy93(m): 4:08am On Mar 31, 2017
seyi200:
Bro please get FIO FINIL for your dog and get a big turkey lap and inject the turkey with Amiraz 90 then throw it for the local dog in the night to eat lobatan, because if you treat the local dog is just like your wasting your time as it will keep roaming around and bringing in ticks and if you don't control ticks in time the worst is that they will be coming inside.

Lol... It's very very easy for me to take the poor dog's life (but I dont want to, I feel for the dog not for its owner) because recently, I fed it Bingo puppy from a distance and also gave it small out of my dog's can food and the poor dog was wagging its tail as if 'it never knew there are sweeter things in the world like this'... These people feed it eba and soup through out the week... cry Anytime it sights me now, he quickly stand up and wag his tail, coming towards me.
Re: Help..! I Moved Into A New Flat, The Dog Living In The Compound Has Ticks !!! by PrinceZahzah(m): 12:37pm On Mar 31, 2017
Op,if u can't help them treat the dog,just help them kill it. Or sell it to Okon Ubong.
Re: Help..! I Moved Into A New Flat, The Dog Living In The Compound Has Ticks !!! by KealDrogo: 9:48pm On Mar 31, 2017
This is very bad! There's this body spray for dogs (Tho it is for every animal suffering with the same condition) For treatment of Ticks, I have forgotten the name but it is very effective. We use it once on our puppy when we found out it has Ticks after we purchased it, it was so effective as the following day the ticks all dried out and start falling on their own. In the next few days our puppy was tick free and we never saw them again. This is some years ago I can't remember the name of the spray, I believe any qualified vet can help.
But the main problem here is that local dog roaming near your dog! Is there a way you can forever put it far away from your dog? As in if you can eliminate it? Because Those kinda dogs are very dangerous they do carry all forms of diseases and bacteria and easily transferable to another animal that came in contact with them. And the worst of all they carry rabies too undecided this is a very difficult situation.
Re: Help..! I Moved Into A New Flat, The Dog Living In The Compound Has Ticks !!! by KealDrogo: 9:51pm On Mar 31, 2017
This is very bad! There's this body spray for dogs (Tho it is for every animal suffering with the same condition) For treatment of Ticks, I have forgotten the name but it is very effective. We use it once on our puppy when we found out it has Ticks after we purchased it, it was so effective as the following day the ticks all dried out and start falling on their own. In the next few days our puppy was tick free and we never saw them again. This is some years ago I can't remember the name of the spray, I believe any qualified vet can help.
But the main problem here is that local dog roaming near your dog! Is there a way you can forever put it far away from your dog? As in if you can eliminate it? Because Those kinda dogs are very dangerous they do carry all forms of diseases and bacteria and easily transferable to another animal that came in contact with them. And the worst of all they carry rabies too undecided this is a very difficult situation.
Re: Help..! I Moved Into A New Flat, The Dog Living In The Compound Has Ticks !!! by KealDrogo: 10:05pm On Mar 31, 2017
aywhy93:

Lol... It's very very easy for me to take the poor dog's life (but I dont want to, I feel for the dog not for its owner) because recently, I fed it Bingo puppy from a distance and also gave it small out of my dog's can food and the poor dog was wagging its tail as if 'it never knew there are sweeter things in the world like this'... These people feed it eba and soup through out the week... cry Anytime it sights me now, he quickly stand up and wag his tail, coming towards me.
I just saw this. Op I think you should help the poor dog you have affection for it already. But the problem here is the expenses, remember you wouldn't be treating this dog for ticks alone. Those kinda dogs are host carriers of all kinds of diseases you can think of. Only If you can be generous enough, there's no obligation here.
Re: Help..! I Moved Into A New Flat, The Dog Living In The Compound Has Ticks !!! by aywhy93(m): 10:46am On Apr 01, 2017
Thanks Everyone...! I already found a solution to the Local Dog

NOTE::: I DIDN'T KILL IT..!
Re: Help..! I Moved Into A New Flat, The Dog Living In The Compound Has Ticks !!! by younghartz(m): 1:57pm On Apr 01, 2017
aywhy93:
Thanks Everyone...! I already found a solution to the Local Dog

NOTE::: I DIDN'T KILL IT..!

lol
natural death?

(1) (Reply)

Pit Bull Puppies For Sale / Mini-Diary of German Shepherd Puppies (Now Ready For New Homes) / Diary Of Beast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.