Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,124 members, 7,821,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Namibian Woman Awarded For Saving Husband From Crocodile’s Jaws - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Namibian Woman Awarded For Saving Husband From Crocodile’s Jaws (497 Views)

Ways To Secure Your Husband From Strange Women / Woman Chased Away Husband From Home After Impregnated By Lover (pics) / Cheating Husband From Benue State Destroys Family With HIV/AIDS (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Namibian Woman Awarded For Saving Husband From Crocodile’s Jaws by philpwresh(m): 3:15pm On Mar 27, 2017
Namibian police have awarded a woman a trophy for bravery after saving her husband from the jaws of a crocodile, the newspaper The Namibian reported Monday.

Elizabeth Shintangu, now 29, was doing laundry in the Kavango River near Rundu in the north-east while her husband, Matheus Kativa, was bathing in it in 2016

Suddenly, Kativa felt like “a car had fallen on top of me,” he told the newspaper. “I screamed for help, and, the next thing, I saw my wife on top of the reptile, fighting it.
“Then it let go of me, and by that time my lower arm had been severed,” the farmer added.

Before the couple had time to swim back to the river bank, the crocodile returned and grabbed Kativa again. “The water was all red with blood. I then saw his face as he waved good-bye,” Shintangu recalled.
She pulled him back from the crocodile’s jaws, but the reptile launched a third attack.

Shintangu’s screams alerted people from a nearby village who pulled the couple out of the river.

“[M]en must see how prepared our women are to save us from danger,” said Samuel Mbambo, governor of Kavango East region.

Source

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/foreign/africa/227246-namibian-woman-awarded-saving-husband-crocodiles-jaws.html
Re: Namibian Woman Awarded For Saving Husband From Crocodile’s Jaws by NaWetinDey(m): 3:34pm On Mar 27, 2017
Impulse of a brave and faithful woman. God bless you.
Re: Namibian Woman Awarded For Saving Husband From Crocodile’s Jaws by newyorks(m): 3:35pm On Mar 27, 2017
Re: Namibian Woman Awarded For Saving Husband From Crocodile’s Jaws by Griffon(m): 10:28pm On Mar 27, 2017
Hehehe. Naija chick would definitely take to her heels cheesy

I have reasons to believe that other African countries have a higher percentage of women who love their husbands passionately than we do in Nigeria, and it's not just about this story.

Die as a husband/father in Nigeria today and your wife is putting up the 'I am available' status tomorrow. Slay momma movement.

(1) (Reply)

101-year-old Woman Gives Birth After Successful Ovary Transplant / Does Chastity Ensure Marital Happiness? / 6 Ways To Help The Angry Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.