Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,966 members, 7,814,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Tecno Is At It Again...here Is The Tecno Camon CX Unboxing Live From Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Is At It Again...here Is The Tecno Camon CX Unboxing Live From Nigeria (2783 Views)

Don't Be Decieved! Tecno Is Better Than Samsung (Photos) / 5 Reasons Why I Agree TECNO Is For Nigerians / Tecno Is Set To Launch Tecno Camon X – To Join The Camon Series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Is At It Again...here Is The Tecno Camon CX Unboxing Live From Nigeria by benniearinze: 5:27pm On Mar 27, 2017
And so the long awaited Tecno Camon CX was recently launched in Nairobi, Kenya (why didn’t they launch it in naija sef?). Anyway, lucky me, I finally got my hands on one and today you’re going with me on a journey. The journey to the Tecno Camon CX Unboxing and mini-review.

So let’s get to it ASAP..

One quick look at the carton, they said getting the Camon CX means you get 1GB data free and a socialite pack free for 11 months as soon as you activate a glo sim. Also, if you put in a registered MTN sim, you get 100% data bonus for the first 6 months, now this is what I call pure bribe. (I’m preparing to browse free for the next 11 months shaa, hope you’re with me?)

Another bribe is on the way, they said if your Tecno Camon CX screen unfortunately cracks within the first three months of purchase, you get a free replacement. (I am not praying my own spoils shaa). Let’s see the Tecno Camon CX Unboxing.

Key Specifications:

5.5-inch FHD IPS Touch Display

1.5GHz octa-core

Android 7.0 (Nougat) with HiOS

2GB RAM and 16GB Storage with support for memory card up to 128GB (Ahrg, why not 3GB RAM nah, which one is 16GB ROM again? #sad)

Dual 16MP Rear Camera with dualflash and 16MP Front Camera with ringflash (You’re my 1 and only)

4G LTE (up to 150Mbps)

Fingerprint Sensor (Rear)

3200 mAh Battery with Fast Charging (Eeeh, we know! It’s not too bad shaa)

Summary:

Ok, it’s time to round off and tell you what is what from what we’ve observed about the Tecno Camon CX unboxing we just did. We’re doing this based on our first impressions of the phone. Ok… go..

Display: The 5.5 inch FHD IPS Touchscreen is dope and so is everything about the display of the Camon CX.

Processor: The 1.5 GHz processor is ok to me shaa, but still they should have raised it to 2.0 just like the Phantom 6 unless they intentionally did it shaa, so none of Tecno phones could compete with the Phantom 6.

Operating System: Perfect (No other words explain it better)

Memory: 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM are ok shaa but still not comparable to that of the Phantom 6 which spots a 3GB RAM and 32GB ROM. Still it’s ok.

Camera: Perfect is an understatement (If there is anything more than perfect, that’s what the camera is for now. Even the iphone 7 camera no near am, quote me anywhere)

Battery: Not too awesome, especially for a heavy user (but e try shaa)

Other miscellaneous features: They’re just okay.

The full unboxing with many graphic images of the real-life Camon CX can be seen here->http://myphones.com.ng/tecno-camon-cx-unboxing-review/

Welcome to the reign of Tecno!!

cc: Lalasticlala, mynd44, seun

Re: Tecno Is At It Again...here Is The Tecno Camon CX Unboxing Live From Nigeria by chuks34(m): 5:28pm On Mar 27, 2017
See phone
Re: Tecno Is At It Again...here Is The Tecno Camon CX Unboxing Live From Nigeria by sammylee002(m): 10:52pm On Mar 27, 2017
men na fone be dis ... hw much is d Price....?
Re: Tecno Is At It Again...here Is The Tecno Camon CX Unboxing Live From Nigeria by chigoziri2403(m): 11:19pm On Mar 27, 2017
same phones, different names
Re: Tecno Is At It Again...here Is The Tecno Camon CX Unboxing Live From Nigeria by benniearinze: 12:18am On Mar 28, 2017
chigoziri2403:
same phones, different names
Not really, at least not for this one
Re: Tecno Is At It Again...here Is The Tecno Camon CX Unboxing Live From Nigeria by benniearinze: 12:19am On Mar 28, 2017
sammylee002:
men na fone be dis ... hw much is d Price....?
Around 66k

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is At It Again...here Is The Tecno Camon CX Unboxing Live From Nigeria by ArewaTech1(m): 12:43am On Mar 28, 2017
benniearinze:

Key Specifications:

5.5-inch FHD IPS Touch Display

1.5GHz octa-core

Android 7.0 (Nougat) with HiOS

2GB RAM and 16GB Storage with support for memory card up to 128GB (Ahrg, why not 3GB RAM nah, which one is 16GB ROM again? #sad)

Dual 16MP Rear Camera with dualflash and 16MP Front Camera with ringflash (You’re my 1 and only)

4G LTE (up to 150Mbps)

Fingerprint Sensor (Rear)

3200 mAh Battery with Fast Charging (Eeeh, we know! It’s not too bad shaa)

Summary:

Ok, it’s time to round off and tell you what is what from what we’ve observed about the Tecno Camon CX unboxing we just did. We’re doing this based on our first impressions of the phone. Ok… go..

Display: The 5.5 inch FHD IPS Touchscreen is dope and so is everything about the display of the Camon CX.

Processor: The 1.5 GHz processor is ok to me shaa, but still they should have raised it to 2.0 just like the Phantom 6 unless they intentionally did it shaa, so none of Tecno phones could compete with the Phantom 6.

Operating System: Perfect (No other words explain it better)

Memory: 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM are ok shaa but still not comparable to that of the Phantom 6 which spots a 3GB RAM and 32GB ROM. Still it’s ok.

Camera: Perfect is an understatement (If there is anything more than perfect, that’s what the camera is for now. Even the iphone 7 camera no near am, quote me anywhere)

Askus me OP,
It's a shame on Tecno and the CX, abi wetin de call am.

If you'd take my advice go and get your self a Xiaomi Mi5s for just N110,500(128gb|4gb) or N88,500(64gb|3gb)

And OP e go better if you withdraw that your statement about the camera.

I don talk finish.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Is At It Again...here Is The Tecno Camon CX Unboxing Live From Nigeria by chigoziri2403(m): 2:13pm On Mar 28, 2017
benniearinze:
Not really, at least not for this one
prove it
Re: Tecno Is At It Again...here Is The Tecno Camon CX Unboxing Live From Nigeria by OCTAVO: 3:46pm On Mar 28, 2017
Cool.
Re: Tecno Is At It Again...here Is The Tecno Camon CX Unboxing Live From Nigeria by benniearinze: 10:37am On Mar 29, 2017
ArewaTech1:

Askus me OP,

If you'd take my advice go and get your self a Xiaomi Mi5s for just N110,500(128gb|4gb) or N88,500(64gb|3gb)

I don talk finish.
lol, seems you're not a tecno lover
Re: Tecno Is At It Again...here Is The Tecno Camon CX Unboxing Live From Nigeria by saxby(f): 11:37am On Mar 29, 2017
Better soup na money kill am
Re: Tecno Is At It Again...here Is The Tecno Camon CX Unboxing Live From Nigeria by kogbaski99: 1:49pm On Mar 29, 2017
The real monster....I believe this phone
Re: Tecno Is At It Again...here Is The Tecno Camon CX Unboxing Live From Nigeria by ArewaTech1(m): 12:39am On Mar 30, 2017
benniearinze:

lol, seems you're not a tecno lover

I loved Tecno, but that was then.
I'm now a happy user of Xiaomi Mi5s.

Used Phantom Z A7
Used C5
Used C8
Used W4 gave it out lately.

but after discovering Xiaomi, I resolved that Tecno did not met the standards.

I remembered one time, after moving to Sokoto. I was trying to port MIUI 8 to my W4 but I forgot to make a backup of my rom (Stupid huh), mistakenly the phone got stuck in bootloop. I dont have upto 1.5GB at the time (to download stock W4's rom). So, I started asking for Carlcare's office and luckily it's just few blocks away from my apartment.

I went there and after explaining what happened to the the so called carlcare staff, to my surprise the lady told me that I'll have to pay N26K for engine or whatever... lol
Re: Tecno Is At It Again...here Is The Tecno Camon CX Unboxing Live From Nigeria by henry007(m): 1:58pm On Mar 30, 2017
Re: Tecno Is At It Again...here Is The Tecno Camon CX Unboxing Live From Nigeria by Behankey(m): 5:47pm On Apr 01, 2017
16mp cameras?? That's nice. It's certain that the picture quality will be great. Just hope it will be affordable as well.
Re: Tecno Is At It Again...here Is The Tecno Camon CX Unboxing Live From Nigeria by benniearinze: 1:16pm On Apr 08, 2017
ArewaTech1:

I loved Tecno, but that was then.
I'm now a happy user of Xiaomi Mi5s.

Used Phantom Z A7
Used C5
Used C8
Used W4 gave it out lately.

but after discovering Xiaomi, I resolved that Tecno did not met the standards.

I remembered one time, after moving to Sokoto. I was trying to port MIUI 8 to my W4 but I forgot to make a backup of my rom (Stupid huh), mistakenly the phone got stuck in bootloop. I dont have upto 1.5GB at the time (to download stock W4's rom). So, I started asking for Carlcare's office and luckily it's just few blocks away from my apartment.

I went there and after explaining what happened to the the so called carlcare staff, to my surprise the lady told me that I'll have to pay N26K for engine or whatever... lol

lolzz sorry oo
Re: Tecno Is At It Again...here Is The Tecno Camon CX Unboxing Live From Nigeria by investigator007: 8:24pm On Apr 08, 2017
ArewaTech1:

Askus me OP,

I don talk finish.

Camera is superb.
Re: Tecno Is At It Again...here Is The Tecno Camon CX Unboxing Live From Nigeria by henry007(m): 1:00am On Apr 09, 2017
TECNO Camon CX vs Phantom 6: Speed test, Camera & Gaming Comparison video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8f4TVr5NMM?a

Like/Subscribe if you love it.

Thanks.
Re: Tecno Is At It Again...here Is The Tecno Camon CX Unboxing Live From Nigeria by scarycuteface(m): 10:41am On Apr 09, 2017
You've said it all. Cool phone but could be better. The camera is superb though. I think that's what Tecno focused non majorly with this release.

(1) (Reply)

Oneplus 5 Finally Announced With 8GB RAM, Full Specifications And Price / How To Get Cheap 9mobile 1.5GB For N200 Morecliq Data Offer / What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.