Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,916 members, 7,817,686 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt (86854 Views)

Facebook Page Of Guy Who Killed Jumia Delivery Man Stormed By Angry Nigerians / Wife Of Murdered JUMIA Delivery Man: "Our Children Still Expecting Their Daddy’ / JUMIA Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by dominique(f): 7:52am On Mar 28, 2017
mavinc4u:

I dislike that pay on delivery because of unserious buyers.

Oga that was why Jumia disabled the feature o. Imagine someone ordering for a deep freezer and generator only for them to get there with the items and find out that they were joking. Now that they've bought back the feature, I'm not sure it's for the best anymore.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 28, 2017
This is so sad. An innocent man earning his living was killed so brutally because of iPhones.

These criminal must be slaughtered with a butchers knife. Let their death be very very slow and painful.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 28, 2017
this is incredibly sad.

I have transacted with Jumia and Konga several times and I ALWAYS pick up in their office out of safety concerns.

The only issue is if the item is a large one e.g. bed, fridge or gym equipment etc.

RIP to the guy. This would make these courier companies cancel home deliveries.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by ABEngine(m): 7:58am On Mar 28, 2017
No! I warned about this, when a delivery guy brought my brother's Tecno M3 back in 2014 and received cash right inside my compound I was curious as to how he dealt with issues pertaining to non compliance, theft and rascality.

The well physically built brother just shoved the topic away with a saying, "Na my area be this na".

The developed societies we all admire today run soley on trust, and no one can blame Jumia for trusting Nigerians enough to run the "Pay on Delivery" services.

The origins sort of issues are not far fetched, and this time I am not casting blames on the government but on we all.

Have you ever entertained the "I go make am regardless" thought without commiserate and legal efforts? You stand to be blamed. You are the sort that promote the "get rich or die trying" philosophy unconsciously. (Ask me how)

Have you prophesied deafening miracles to a teeming audience without admonishing them against ill routes to achieve these imaginary grandeur contained in your prophecies? Man of God, you sold dreams without installation kits, you are culpable too.

Nothing is equivalent to a human life, and I believe a humanely approach in times of bias should be objectively considered, ask yourself, "what if I was the one on this other side".

But no, we are Nigerians, "we no send", "who conscience epp", "we no dey dull", we are equally urged on and applauded for sharp practises, "sharp men and women".

Today a grown man shed uncontrollable tears reading this headline: for the mundane reasons and the circumstances sorrounding the death of the delivery man. Poor guy, he committed no crime in going about his daily businesses diligently, rather than swindle others, in anticipation to provide the next meal for his family.

Whomsoever ever had a hand in this, he, she and their generations will suffer untold hardship with no lease of life whatsoever.

If you wake up everyday to hustle legit and toil without shame for cheese you go understand

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by Tamarapetty(f): 8:00am On Mar 28, 2017
Ehya..
all the fine girls aff join gang. and all the good guys aff join gang. drinking hot drink smoking cigarette killing jumia man
BAD GANG!!!

1 Like

Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:03am On Mar 28, 2017
And useless Wike is blaming one Governor hahaa.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by ekeroyal(m): 8:04am On Mar 28, 2017
This is one of the saddest news I've heard in recent times.

If only you know what it means to loose a brother(father).
If only you know what it means to loose a truly responsible man.
If only you know what it means to loose a hard worker.
If only you know what it means to loose a genuine employee.
If only you know what it means to loose a Nigerian who refused to be dissuaded by adversities.
If only you know what it means to bury a son in his prime.
If only you know how beautiful life is regardless.
If only you know life is beyond money, sex, fame, et al.
If only you know that no life belongs to you(including yours).
If only the politicians and elite can think of the lives of common people in a positive way.
If only you knew that your life isn't more valuable than the next person's.
If only those who commit evil understand all the above.
If only............

You'd stop the hate.
You'd love everyone.
You'd try to help everyone according to your abilities and circumstances.
You'd be good for the love of goodness.
You'd reject those evil thoughts.
You'd rebuke that evil fellow.
You'd stay away from taking that life (innocent or not) when it isn't in your jurisdiction to do so.
You'd get a life.
You'd, Yeah! You Should.

3 Likes

Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by BetaThings: 8:04am On Mar 28, 2017
NubiLove:

They would soon stop pay on delivery... if the guys had paid for the goods, there would be no reason to kill him but they decided to scam jumia and also kill an innocent delivery man.

They can arrange for him to be robbed before delivery
And still claim they did not get the goods
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 8:08am On Mar 28, 2017
peter0071:
the best form of advice you can get is the one that you give yourself... if you do not hear the preachings of the NGO and other Religious institutions... then let me bust your bubbles... the y teach everywhere...even on this Nairaland platform...if you doubt it, go to the religious sector of this platform... People have refused the message...have made up their mind to remain on their paths...
you contradict yourself. Teach everywhere?! Ask yourself how many criminals check on NL. Only an appreciable number of sane youths ar on NL and even when these criminals visit NL. Why would they navigate to the religion section when it's not of interest in the first place. I am talking re-orientation, camp meetings where these guys can learn something different, see their potentials and harness their skills.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by Revolva(m): 8:09am On Mar 28, 2017
grin grin

Rivers state....that place and d people sef de taya me
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by peter0071(m): 8:22am On Mar 28, 2017
majekdom2:
you contradict yourself. Teach everywhere?! Ask yourself how many criminals check on NL. Only an appreciable number of sane youths ar on NL and even when these criminals visit NL. Why would they navigate to the religion section when it's not of interest in the first place. I am talking re-orientation, camp meetings where these guys can learn something different, see their potentials and harness their skills.
re-orientation camp meetings?? u see the problem we have here... we always look outward to other people as our problems... we dont like looking within...do you need publicity to know that killing of another life is terrible?? do u need to be re-oriented about stealing??

1 Like

Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 28, 2017
BetaThings:

They can arrange for him to be robbed before delivery
And still claim they did not get the goods

They would put spy cameras on the body and in their vehicles.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by babaireti(m): 8:30am On Mar 28, 2017
Their physique and diminutive stature says it all,hungry and angry vampires.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 28, 2017
peter0071:
re-orientation camp meetings?? u see the problem we have here... we always look outward to other people as our problems... we dont like looking within...do you need publicity to know that killing of another life is terrible?? do u need to be re-oriented about stealing??
just as I expected, The mentality of a typical Nigerian. You know nothing about psychology and human behaviour. This is something that has to do with the mind. These are people whose mind are deformed, what you see as wrong is norm to them. Why are there rehabilitation centres and juvenile homes, why are there social clubs, why are there places where people come to discuss issue that bother their life? In saner environments, do you think prisons are just where you go serve punishments??
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by vuc1(m): 8:31am On Mar 28, 2017
Heart of men desperately evil. Imagine the girl sef her Olympus yaf fallen sef(Does she even have Olympus?)Flat something.This country sef no better news.Smh.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by 0kp0nku: 8:32am On Mar 28, 2017
azimibraun:
Instead of all the wailing and cursing. This will do.
Will do what exactly?
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by peter0071(m): 8:35am On Mar 28, 2017
majekdom2:
just as I expected, The mentality of a typical Nigerian. You know nothing about psychology and human behaviour. This is something that has to do with the mind. These are people whose mind are deformed, what you see as wrong is norm to them. Why are there rehabilitation centres and juvenile homes, why are there social clubs, why are there places where people come to discuss issue that bother their life? In saner environments, do you think prisons are just where you go serve punishments??
My dear, i do get the angle you re driving from, but i still insist that the blames should not be entirely put on the institutions. Neighbours and friends can also step in into situations like this... selah!
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by silentkeela: 8:39am On Mar 28, 2017
na waaaaa...na real waaaa
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by eph123(f): 8:41am On Mar 28, 2017
The dangers of living in the country called Nigeria.

May the soul of this man rest in peace, very unfortunate.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by inioluwaDaniels(m): 8:45am On Mar 28, 2017
I do see some of dese guys anytym I go to pick up stuffs at dere pick up station looking very worked out balancing acct 4 d day.dey are just trying 2 make ends meet too.y kill d poor guy 4 God sake.wicked pple living in a wicked world.Rip guy may u find comfort wit ur maker

1 Like

Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by eph123(f): 8:47am On Mar 28, 2017
TheSCRYPT:
Ha! Some people are really wicked. What did this innocent man do to you people now?  sad
Kudos to the Nigerian Police for the swift response

Yes, I was going to say this as well.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by inioluwaDaniels(m): 8:49am On Mar 28, 2017
Wicked jobless yoots everywere n dem wan use beta tins show bling bling tins.imagine dey just stole armoured cable 4rm three diff transformers in my area putting d entire area in total darkness

1 Like

Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 28, 2017
peter0071:
My dear, i do get the angle you re driving from, but i still insist that the blames should not be entirely put on the institutions. Neighbours and friends can also step in into situations like this... selah!
you should not have mentioned me if my posts are beyond your level of understanding. I did not solely blame any institutions. The reason why these institutions are established are for stuffs as this. They are registered as support organisations Why do you think these institutions dont pay tax Who is a friend to a criminal in most cases, who is a neighbour to a crimical.... it is a fellow "criminal". Many of these guys don't even have families. What do you want neighbours to do biko??
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by peter0071(m): 8:51am On Mar 28, 2017
majekdom2:
you should not have mentioned me if my posts are beyond your level of understanding. I did not solely blame any institutions. The reason why these institutions are established are for stuffs as this. They are registered as support organisations Why do you think these institutions dont pay tax Who is a friend to a criminal in most cases, who is a neighbour to a crimical.... it is a fellow "criminal". Many of these guys don't even have families. What do you want neighbours to do biko??
yond my level of understanding?? u threw the first stone at otehr people and institutions and u are now resolvign to insults?? I rest my case
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 28, 2017
peter0071:
Will the NGos and Religious institutions force things on people... the institutions are there to advice...whether the people take the advice or not..is entirely their decisions to make.. please lets leave institutions out of this matter
peter0071:
yond my level of understanding?? u threw the first stone at otehr people and institutions and u are now resolvign to insults?? I rest my case
what stone. Do you understand what a discussion/ conversation is @ all. I put the post to air my thought. I am not a religious fanatic. I don't allow religion cloud my sense of judgements.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by peter0071(m): 9:10am On Mar 28, 2017
majekdom2:
what stone. Do you understand what a discussion/ conversation is @ all. I put the post to air my thought. I am not a religious fanatic. I don't allow religion cloud my sense of judgements.
Neither do i allow people throw stones at other people just because they feel people are the causes of problems in the society....
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by karimusaa: 9:10am On Mar 28, 2017
PHC and indiscriminate killings be like:

1 Share

Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by 1metre: 9:12am On Mar 28, 2017
This is very barbaric. Rip the dead. But Niger should try upgrade. Days hv gone when u place an order without payment. It should be payment first, before delivery.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 28, 2017
peter0071:
Neither do i allow people throw stones at other people just because they feel people are the causes of problems in the society....
are animals the cause? You lack indepth understanding. Nobody threw stones, nobody blamed anybody. My post was simply beyond your level of comprehension.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by peter0071(m): 9:22am On Mar 28, 2017
majekdom2:
are animals the cause? You lack indepth understanding. Nobody threw stones, nobody blamed anybody. My post was simply beyond your level of comprehension.
If in your high level of comprehension, this is what you can put up... then we obviously do not opereate on the same frequency... if you do not understanad your own english.... we all know who is higher...
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by peter0071(m): 9:23am On Mar 28, 2017
majekdom2:
blaming people for otehr people's mistakes and actions... nice one higher mentality...
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 28, 2017
peter0071:
blaming people for otehr people's mistakes and actions... nice one higher mentality...
majekdom2:
Last week, a ward chairman was killed at Bori. Killing and murder in Ogoni is seen as Norm. Out of 10 youths in Rivers 2 are cultists. It's not about herdman, boko haram alone. We read in the news cult clash in Akwa ibom, how man poisoned people at his restaurant. All youths...What are the NGO's, religious institutions doing??
I just quoted the post that first made you mention me. So where is the blame. I asked a question.. what are these institutions doing?? Did I say religion a NGO caused this. I made a call to the institutions to help and you call it blame. Are you sure you don't have a mental problem?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hushpuppi, Gang Defrauded 1,926,400 People, Made N168bn – Dubai Police / Kidnapper Evans' Wife, Uchenna Onwuamadike Cries & Begs Nigerians (Photo) / 19-Year-Old Boy Impregnates His Mother In Asaba, Delta While Testing Love Charm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.