Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,115 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities (10534 Views)

General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities / Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums / Ogun State Assembly Pass New Law To Jail Omo-oniles For 25 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by GenBloodykiIler: 7:45am On Mar 28, 2017
Buhari is a terrorist

1 Like

Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by Candybob(m): 7:48am On Mar 28, 2017
Good one from Edo state
Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by Mcreloaded(m): 7:48am On Mar 28, 2017
And just to think that January this year I was pleading with the CDA in my community to take N100 000 for electricity connection and they refused that it must be N120 000 lol
Thank God and I hope the law can be implemented because the kind of money these guys have tasted when you see the type of houses and cars they have I wonder what will became of them because it is either they go into criminal activities or go to Europe through Libya as there are no plans for the community youths if the law is implemented

1 Like

Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by IMASTEX: 7:53am On Mar 28, 2017
Larryguy:
coolMods abeg! Front page things. I should have posted it yesterday afternoon but I was high on binge cos I go save money (150k) wen I suppose give those foolish fools
Your own bill is even small compare to mine
Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by bongo007(m): 8:02am On Mar 28, 2017
edlion57:
Acting governor... we will take over soon
keep dreaming
Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 28, 2017
finally!, these thieves wanted to hide under the guise of okaivbo and okaighele to deceive the palace,but seems Oba Ewuare is too smart for that, they have stunted our collective development for too long, good move by the palace and the state house of assembly, kudos!

1 Like

Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 28, 2017
Oba gha to'kpere!!!

This is the end of these lazy bunch who keeps demaning money for anything on your land. They even charge you if you want to remove feaces from you land.

I heard Lagos and Ogun are doing same.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by Mcreloaded(m): 8:04am On Mar 28, 2017
]And just to think that January this year I was pleading with the CDA in my community to take N100 000 for electricity connection and they refused that it must be N120 000 lol
Thank God and I hope the law can be implemented because the kind of money these guys have tasted when you see the type of houses and cars they have I wonder what will became of them because it is either they go into criminal activities or go to Europe through Libya as there are no plans for the community youths if the law is implemented
Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by georgementday(m): 8:36am On Mar 28, 2017
The house of Assembly also said a task force will be setup to monitor and punish offenders
Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by PapaBrowne(m): 8:38am On Mar 28, 2017
Edo is making monumental progress.
The kind of changes Edo would represent in a few years would be tremendous.

Well done to the Oba. He understands society. He went beyond just sitting in his palace and making a decree but but actioned it by ensuring it becomes law.
The governor is also I think the most technocratic governor in Nigeria today.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 28, 2017
2dugged:
finally!, these thieves wanted to hide under the guise of okaivbo and okaighele to deceive the palace,but seems Oba Ewuare is too smart for that, they have stunted our collective development for too long, good move by the palace and the state house of assembly, kudos!

I sight u shocked
Confirm edo babe. No lele cheesy
Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 28, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

I sight u shocked Confirm edo babe. No lele cheesy
I sight you too

1 Like

Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by whizzler: 8:56am On Mar 28, 2017
Larryguy:
Good News for Edo people :
As influenced by the new Oba :-
Assembly passes bill to prohibit CDA activities in Edo
Mar. 27

Benin – The Edo House of Assembly on Monday passed a bill for a law prohibiting forceful and illegal occupation of landed property by Community Development Associations in Edo.

Mr Foly Ogedengbe (APC, Owan East), the majority leader of the house, moved a motion, seconded by Mrs Elizabeth Ativie (APC, Uhunmwode) that the house resolved into a committee of the whole to consider the bill.

The Speaker, Justin Okonoboh, said the bill seeks to prohibit forceful and illegal occupation of landed property by Community Development Associations in the state.

He said the bill prescribed that no person or group of persons while acting for themselves or acting as agents or members of a community Development Association can forcefully take over a portion of land in the state.

“Or youth organization or any other body by whatever name called shall demand or collect any fee or levy in whatever guise in respect of construction or development activities on any property in Edo.

“’The bill also prescribed that a task force be established in the state, which shall be responsible for the provisions of the said law,” he said.

According to the speaker, any person who contravenes the provisions of the law commits an offence and shall be liable to ten years imprisonment or a fine of two million Naira.

After the consideration of the bill, the speaker directed that clean copies of the bill be sent to the governor for his accent.

https://breaking.com.ng/nigeria/assembly-passes-bill-to-prohibit-cda-activities-in-edo/
Let's be clear before jubating. you now pay to the Odionwe of the community and not the CDA for land purchased. This I know cos a cousin was asked to cough out 900k ( not money for land purchase) for a 100 x 200 piece of land at Obe community before bye pass earlier in the year.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by Rubyventures: 9:30am On Mar 28, 2017
thank God for this.

Now I can start renovating my House in Benin

Those useless youths came and seized the paint brushes from the painter I hired to paint the house they were demanding N120,000 Really? I told them to go and stuff themselves and suspended the paint work, cos I didn't want them to harm the painter . This was about 5 years ago. As if I came to borrow money from them to buy my house. I was in the process of placing the property back on the market but now I can renovate it to my hearts content. grin grin grin

Oba Oto..pkereee... Ise Uwese

2 Likes

Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by irenmwinfo(m): 9:31am On Mar 28, 2017
Am extremely happy for this new bill passed on. My brother's land was sold by same people he bought it from just because they say he didn't build on it for just a period of 3 years when he bought the land. they collected about 3 different lands from him. 2 plots , 1 plot and another plot after spending so much to settle. Na wa o
Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 28, 2017
2dugged:
I sight you too

U dey benin?
Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by nickxtra(m): 9:41am On Mar 28, 2017
edlion57:
Acting governor... we will take over soon
Wake up from your sleep
Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by Aragon: 9:48am On Mar 28, 2017
DeRay98:

In time past, when you are about to start your house foundation, you invite the community, cook food and buy drinks and they 'll come to celebrate with you and welcome you to their community as a long term neighbour. Even when you're not around, the community will protect your project..

So True, this was Exactly how I remembered it as a Teenager before I left Naija. Even Recently as our Family Home is being upgraded, My Kid Sister did Exactly this same thing again even after the law and the community people were shocked. They were like "even after the law, you still did all this for us"? And it was non stop prayers and Blessing. Personally I prefer it this way, where you warm yourself close to the people you meet there and appreciate them. In turn they too will accept you into the community which is all good. Godbless HRM Oba Eware 11 and Governor Obaseki

1 Like

Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by seniorkachion(m): 10:09am On Mar 28, 2017
Mcreloaded:
And just to think that January this year I was pleading with the CDA in my community to take N100 000 for electricity connection and they refused that it must be N120 000 lol

CDA was adapted from the lgbo town union concept by Larry Koinyan who was head of MAMSER during IBB regime. It was intended to organize rural communities to embark on self help development projects as obtains in Igboland. It appears the concept has been bastardized outside the South East. I am building a house and no body has come to demand a dime from me. That you have to pay to connect to public power is shocking.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 28, 2017
DeRay98:

This whole CDA/Omonile syndrome was imported to Edo from Lagos from 1990s.
In time past, when you are about to start your house foundation, you invite the community, cook food and buy drinks and they 'll come to celebrate with you and welcome you to their community as a long term neighbour. Even when you're not around, the community will protect your project.
But after many youths returned from Lagos and others deported from abroad empty handed, they changed everything, imposed themselves on the community and even elders.
When PDP took over 1999, thugs were empowered and they took control. Politicians and some corrupt chiefs in palace encouraged it because the last Oba was already old and weak.
Thank God for the new Oba and ESHA.

very true. although new generation kids wouldn't know this. benin city is by far the most loving & cosmopolitan town in Nigeria (my experience). visitors are seen as family. but sadly after some uncultured ethnic groups began to cohabit in droves, things started sliding. the place is now dirty, prostitutes are now visible at night in some busy spot. most of the visible ill vices there were imported from Lagos like pickpocketing, car stealing, cultism armrobbering, one chance, football betting, baba ijebu, (gambling ) yahoo yahoo,
I pray brothels, night clubs, fake churches, tribalism, ritual killings etcetera. not saying they do not exist but still in their infantry in that city

1 Like

Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by DeRay98(m): 11:09am On Mar 28, 2017
eee777:

very true. although new generation kids wouldn't know this. benin city is by far the most loving & cosmopolitan town in Nigeria (my experience). visitors are seen as family. but sadly after some uncultured ethnic groups began to cohabit in droves, things started sliding. the place is now dirty, prostitutes are now visible at night in some busy spot. most of the visible ill vices there were imported from Lagos like pickpocketing, car stealing, cultism armrobbering, one chance, football betting, baba ijebu, (gambling ) yahoo yahoo,
I pray brothels, night clubs, fake churches, tribalism, ritual killings etcetera. not saying they do not exist but still in their infantry in that city

Any honest person who's not and Edo but lived in Benin for some time will attest to you just posted as the absolute truth about Benin people.
It's changed alot, wickedness and greed has gained root and these have help propagate more evil and heartlessness.
Most of cults in Benin now are not Benin origin, strange shrines of previously unknown deities have settled down there and people brag and harass others with such.
I hope the Oba will continue to expunge these foreign stuff.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:28am On Mar 28, 2017
A good development. Area boys cant disturb anymore.

Meanwhile,

Quick sale.
100 X 100 at Amagba for sale.(Originally two plots, now one plot left)
Price N2.5m ONO
Community documents, deed of assignment and survey available
Location is in the center of the community.
Whatsapp: Omo 08058813419 or pm me
Only serious inquiries please
Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by 1kinggy(m): 12:01pm On Mar 28, 2017
electronicsguuy:
Cool! You've gotten faster!
Meanwhile,

The booster can be plugged to small generator like tiger generator and bigger generating plants. It does not affect the sound of the generator neither will it affect your generator set in any way.

It will allow you to plug your iron in the output of your generating plant without damage to your generator coil e.g: for Ironing of clothes The consumption
rate is small to allow you plug other things like: Tv, Fan, light bulbs, computer,phone charger and stereo system. The booster enhances and prolongs the life of
your generator by absorbing the pressure from your high current appliances.
Has no contact with your generator and therefore does not harm the Coil
No damage to generator.

Gone are the days when you wait for Nepa and PHCN before
you use your appliances. Iron booster is a cautioner between the supplier and the
load. It lightens the load plugged on it. You can use it with small and big generator plants

Importance of booster.
1. Easy to apply
2. Have no negative effect on your generator sets.
3. Does not stop you from using other loads like bulbs, cd, TV sets etc.
4. Does not increase fuel consumptions.
5. Very cheap and affordable.

N4500
Lagos

0811 938 7235

Picture, please.
Can I use it with i-better-pass gen?
Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by Ifiegboria(m): 1:21am On Mar 29, 2017
I like this news
Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by electronicsguuy: 7:44am On Mar 29, 2017
1kinggy:

Picture, please.
Can I use it with i-better-pass gen?

Yes
Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by bisiriyubabs(m): 12:51pm On Mar 29, 2017
it seems there is a misconception here regarding CDA, here in Lagos CDAs are not OMO ONILE, CDA is an avenue for landlord and tenants within a certain community to come together for d purpose of development of the area. CDAs are involve in d provision of some basic amenities like road, electrification of d communities, transformers etc they are basically funded from dues paid by members and donation from govt and other humanitarian organizations. Hence the concept of CDA in EDO I think is different from that of Lagos. Regards

1 Like

Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by 1kinggy(m): 8:28am On Mar 31, 2017
electronicsguuy:

Yes

Please, post the pix,
Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by Mcreloaded(m): 7:28am On Apr 01, 2017
Thank God its a start the CDA is will be no more soon if not now someday when the land in their community is all sold out to visitors due to their greed lol their children who are from the same community will end up renting houses from visitors in their own community then they will know what evil has befallen them
Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by electronicsguuy: 11:15am On Apr 01, 2017
1kinggy:

Please, post the pix,

Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 07, 2017
DeRay98:

Any honest person who's not and Edo but lived in Benin for some time will attest to you just posted as the absolute truth about Benin people.
It's changed alot, wickedness and greed has gained root and these have help propagate more evil and heartlessness.
Most of cults in Benin now are not Benin origin, strange shrines of previously unknown deities have settled down there and people brag and harass others with such.
I hope the Oba will continue to expunge these foreign stuff.
My brother Edo state especially benin city should be very careful now. Recently as we speak, immigrants of different kinds like chadians, malians, fulanis, hausas, arabs, northerners, ninje, etcetera and other miscrant have all hijacked Benin City as I speak. They come in thousands via different means & now occupying many uncompleted buidings & even having their communities. Criminality like car battery theft, car snatching, arm robbery, cattle rearers (fulanis ) destroying farms, raping & killing in some community

Other miscreant include our southwest neighbors from ondo ogun ijebu lagos osun came in their thousands to write WAEC exam in special centers headed by yorubas principals. This is a yearly thing for secondary schools external examination. There was this area I use to live in benin then you come see how noisy & dirty these people are & that is why you can not boast in benin that your tribe (yoruba) is the most intelligent & educated tribe as they claim. Few Igbos are among those writing. Everything is written on the black board for the candidates to copy.

If Benin people do not wake up from their slumber, I pray these strangers from neighboring Africa countries don't capture the city soon. Benins are too kind to strangers & visitors in their land & this may consume them if care not taken

1 Like

Re: Edo State Assembly Passes Bill To Prohibit CDA Activities by uyijiano4u(m): 11:35pm On Feb 12, 2019
but at the end of the day, they are still asking us to pay more, imagine paying 150k to cda, so my question is did this bill really worked?
flyover30:
tired of dos crooks,especially in communities in sapele road.u see jobless youth,cultists everywhere riding powerful cars,courtesy of land stolen money.u wanna drill a borehole u pay,fence u pay,roof u pay,pack into ur houx u pay.d thunder dat will fire dem is coming from sahara desert

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictorial Presentation Process Of Unique Concrete Floor Design By Junapril / FG Plans Processes For Affordable Housing In Nigeria / WESTWOOD PARK ESTATE off MONASTERY ROAD SANGOTEDO AJAH 5% DISCOUNT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.