Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,136 members, 7,835,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

I Pledge To Nigeria My Country Not Europe Or America - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Pledge To Nigeria My Country Not Europe Or America (1108 Views)

This Not Europe Or USA,Checkout The Amazing Photos Of Kajuru Castle,Kaduna State / Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Pledge To Nigeria My Country Not Europe Or America by olaak1(m): 4:26pm On Jan 22, 2007
My broters and sisters , i went trough some post in nairaland last few days i can feel the  mood of many writers, frustration; topic like "is Nigeria worth dying for?",  "is Nigeria a fail state?" and many more. I do understand how many of us feel about our country, Nigeria infact no sane and pariotic Nigerian will be happy with situatoin happening in the largest black race country in the world, umeployment, corruption of the highest order, lack of moral value in a country blessed with vatually everything a country needs.
   But my fellow country men and women,(especially we the youth) pls don't let us hate our country with passion because of what we are going trough presently, i know many of you will agree with me that most of these developed countries we always refer to today had experienced bad leadership, King Edward 7 of England, king Louis 7 of France, Benito Musolini of Italy, and Adoph Hitler of Germany to mention few, i want to suggest at this junction, that there is nothing wrong with our great nation, Nigeria we are only going trough "the era of bad leadership"and unfortunatlly we imbibed wrong system of government (the concept of democracy can never work in most of African countries, Nigeria inclusive). I want to believe ( as well as i want you to) that very soon just very very soon, "old things will pass away, " and there will be (accordind to former British prime minister Wiston Churchill) "a wind of change." Things don't change one day one night it entails gradual process but many of us want a turn around pronto, it doesn't work that way, it took Israelite forty years to reach "the promised land"perhaps our promised land is lurking around the corner,it may take some more years, our own generation might not even see it (just like the generation of Iraelite that left Eygpt did not see the promised land) but i know we will get there; i'm proud to be an African and each day i remember iam a Nigerian, i feel ontop of the world; and you, what were you thinking?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Pledge To Nigeria My Country Not Europe Or America by adconline(m): 5:34am On Jan 23, 2007
tell it to the ghosts. Naija has not lived up to its own bargain. imagine you leaving with your uncles, helping out, being obedient and respectful and all your uncles do for you is to cause you pain, never pay for expenses and rip you off even though your rich dad pays for everything. u don ever get anything from naija? even pure water. NO

(1) (Reply)

"no Lying Quiz" / Inec Hires Non-existing Uk Firm To Handle Polls Result / Vission 2012 - Electricity For All - Unending Promises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.