Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,594 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) (14870 Views)

Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) / US, Nigeria Sign Agreement On Abacha Loot Return / President Buhari Signs Bilateral Agreement On Anti-Corruption, Tax Admin (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by LivingHuman: 3:45pm On Mar 28, 2017
President Muhammad Buhari today signed, on behalf of Nigeria, the Instrument of Ratification of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change.

See Photos below;

Source: http://www.cambellsblog.com/2017/03/president-buhari-signs-paris-agreement.html

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by Homeboiy: 3:51pm On Mar 28, 2017
climate change
hmm Dino the geographer will explain to us

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by EnkayDezign: 4:09pm On Mar 28, 2017
Homeboiy:
climate change

hmm Dino the geographer will explain to us

Over to you Dino

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by eph123(f): 4:49pm On Mar 28, 2017
What a joke. Does he understand the implication of the Climate Change agreement?

He thinks it's just to sign a piece of paper, chuckles..

In a country where gas flaring still takes place, generator fumes are mixed with the air people breathe, those rickety trucks with their fumes still pollute the environment. Nigeria is so so far from where it should be.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by tolexy007(m): 4:49pm On Mar 28, 2017
ok
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by Temitope223(m): 4:50pm On Mar 28, 2017
wanna make money online from home?contact me via my signature
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by madridguy(m): 4:50pm On Mar 28, 2017
grin
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by veekid(m): 4:50pm On Mar 28, 2017
Buhari sef

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by CliffordOrji: 4:51pm On Mar 28, 2017
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by ConcNiggress56(f): 4:51pm On Mar 28, 2017
sorry for my amebo oo..

i know nigeria pays 60 billion naira a year to feed buhari.. but how much do we pay to fix his nails??

someone tell him i can do a better job with a monthly pay of 100k

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 28, 2017
He has signed this before undecided

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:52pm On Mar 28, 2017
God bless Nigeria.
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by iluvdonjazzy: 4:52pm On Mar 28, 2017
buhari how are u?
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by Judolisco(m): 4:53pm On Mar 28, 2017
Climate change weldone sir Pple dey suffer na climate change u dey sign issorite

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by Swahili0(f): 4:53pm On Mar 28, 2017
grin grin
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by Chiomenwa(f): 4:54pm On Mar 28, 2017
I hope he read it black and blue , dot by dot before signing.

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by LionDeLeo: 4:54pm On Mar 28, 2017
eph123:
What a joke. Does he understand the implication of the Climate Change agreement?

And unfortunately, you that understand can never be among his domestic staff.

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by dtruseeker(m): 4:54pm On Mar 28, 2017
Our climate is already CHANGED
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by holatunjy(m): 4:54pm On Mar 28, 2017
hmmm, that man just dey sign anything

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by sonnie10: 4:55pm On Mar 28, 2017
Climate change and you still encourage nomadic grazing which is the major cause of desert encroachment.

Fulani herdsmen through open grazing have destroyed the natural vegetation up North. Who does not know that it is the little sprouts and shrubs which the cows feed on that become trees over years.

Signing climate change agreement in Paris won't change anything, there have to be paradigm shift. Stop destroying your forest. Trees have natural means of reducing co2.

It is not about moving to other reserves in other parts of the country. Eventually if not checked, grazing would destroy these places as well, which fulani heardsmen are killing to occupy.

Start the campaign against climate change by signing a bill against open grazing in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by positivelord: 4:55pm On Mar 28, 2017
I sincerely hope there is no terminology in that paper he is signing...... I know Mr President have good intention for this country though......but certificate is very important.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by segebase(m): 4:56pm On Mar 28, 2017
..hhh
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by Temptee101(m): 4:57pm On Mar 28, 2017
Has anyone noticed that since this airbag came back from London everything seem to be stagnant

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by Mayflowa(m): 4:57pm On Mar 28, 2017
eph123:

He thinks it's just to sign a piece of paper, chuckles..

In a country where gas flaring still takes place, generator fumes are mixed with the air people breathe, those rickety trucks with their fumes still pollute the environment. Nigeria is so so far from where it should be.

That is not the most dreadful implication. We would be denied access to coal power generation which most developed Nations hv and still use to their advantage.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by Chiomenwa(f): 4:57pm On Mar 28, 2017
tongue
LionDeLeo:

And unfortunately, you that understand can never be among his domestic staff.

His own opinion not yours.
U may post your comment #stop social media fight.

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by gurunlocker: 4:58pm On Mar 28, 2017
Anytime I read say this man sign, I dey always fear....

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by eph123(f): 4:59pm On Mar 28, 2017
In order to meet the agreed climate target of the Paris Agreement, it is inevitable that the upcoming review will aim at tougher policies. As a result, the impact on the oil and gas sector will intensify.

The paper analyses the impact of international climate action agreed at the COP21 meeting in Paris in December 2015 on the oil and gas sector, concluding that:

Given the gap between the current round of Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs) and the target of limiting global warming to below 2°C, additional and more stringent measures are likely to be imposed on fossil fuels in future. As a result, the impact of regulation on the oil and gas sector is set to intensify.

See more at: https://www.chathamhouse.org/publication/paris-mismatches-impact-cop21-climate-change-negotiations-oil-and-gas-industries#sthash.L7MAZ1Cm.dpuf

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope Mr Buhari read all the above carefully considering the oil sector is practically where we derive our income from in this country.

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by eph123(f): 5:00pm On Mar 28, 2017
Mayflowa:

That is not the most dreadful implication. We would be denied access to coal power generation which most developed Nations hv and still use to their advantage.

Yes you are right. I just posted an additional update. There is a whole lot involved in that agreement.

I hope this man will not aimlessly sign off the whole country before he exits.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by LionDeLeo: 5:02pm On Mar 28, 2017
Chiomenwa:
tongue
His own opinion not yours.
U may post your comment #stop social media fight.

Pls practice what u preach.

Last time I checked, the decision to quote whichever I want to on nl is strictly my decision.
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by 1Rebel: 5:02pm On Mar 28, 2017
Does the illiterate know what Climate change is?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Buhari's Darkness Has Covered The Glory Of Nigeria" - FFK / Dino Melaye: Why I Built Chapel In Honour Of My Late Mother / NIN : We Leave Home Early, Abandon Work To Get NIN Without Success — Applicants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.