Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,608 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills (27836 Views)

Fresh Graduate Searching For Job / 'i Feel So Lucky' Homeless Man Asked Stranger For Cash – And Got A Job Instead / I'm a Graduate Searching For A Good Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by noble71(m): 11:51am On Mar 29, 2017
Tanks OP. this is what I have been telling unemployed graduates. drop that pride and learn a skill gone are the days when being a graduate is a big deal. I went to Abuja last year and saw how graduates are hovering every where with there certificate like vultures and I wept for this country. learn a skill and help your life!

1 Like

Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by stanley99a(m): 11:52am On Mar 29, 2017
Nice one op. This thread won't get more comment compare to some trash out there.
Certificate with Skill is the way forward now.
Certificate alone leave u as a servant But a skill make you the master

1 Like

Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by vickyuchy: 11:52am On Mar 29, 2017
mrnwas:
The young man you're seeing is a craftsman.
Today he made over #10,000 just fixing keys to doors in one of the sites I'm managing.

The other day, I met a graduate whom I paid #8,000 for some odd jobs.

And that's how they make their money.

On another site, I have Mr Pedro who has been contracted to handle all tiling jobs for the entire building.

Its a block of 5 flats, he's going to fix tiles all around the building. Guess what his pay is? He's gonna earn some #210,000

I asked Mr Pedro how long its gonna take him to complete the job, he promised to hand me the keys in 5 days.

So in 6 days, Mr Pedro would have earned 210,000 for himself, I supply the water he needs, I provide all the necessary materials needed for the job.

He'll earn #210,000 for the things he can do with both his hands, all he came with was a tape and a piece of paper, he's also currently on site, but the most Important tool he wields is his cutter, spirit level, a Pincer, chisel, shovel and his working clothes.

Now this is why I've been saying you'll earn more when you have more skills than a degree.

The guy on the pics is an ND Holder, today he made some #10,000 tomorrow I will use him again and pay him almost the same amount.

Adding that up, he would have made some #20,000 in 2 days. How much does an average worker make in a month?

Some white color jobs won't even pay you up to #85,000, yet its what we read for, fight for, drink garri for, we even sleep under the cold wind at night just to grab this certificate.

To me, I think vocation is still the best no matter what. Even if we're gonna be offered some paper called certificate, let's also bag some skill along with the degree.

Degree is good, but you'll earn more with a skill. The white people that are guarded with 4 armed men, carried on a fully air conditioned hilux, treated like some god don't even have a degree.

They're white, yes but all they have is some 6 months certificate on a particular skill.

Let me go an bathe now, work was fine today
I hope you learnt from all these?

©MrPinner 2017
exactly, let me use myself as an example. I'm studying economics and at the same time going to a fashion school (part time) using one stone to kill two birds. I want to be self employed before I graduate. I'm also into beads and gele. I want to urge everyone to grab any slightest opportunity, even if it's weekend training. I'm based in Enugu

1 Like

Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by October1960: 11:52am On Mar 29, 2017
Lol

Be a politician or government official

PrinzCarter:
How do I make d cash without having any skill

1 Like

Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by vickyuchy: 11:54am On Mar 29, 2017
veave:

Hello Sir. What skills can a woman learn within the space of 4weeks?
Thank you
learn bead making, there's money in it as well
Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 29, 2017
PrinzCarter:
gringrin

you sleep all day...

2 Likes

Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by akoredebadru(m): 11:55am On Mar 29, 2017
Weldon sir, I kudos u bro, no money is dirty since u are hustling
Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by femijohn21(m): 11:55am On Mar 29, 2017
[color=][/color]The duo are good, going to school is also learning a skill.

Pure vocational skill is good as well.

No artisan will come to work for you for free.

As an office man, you make your money, you needed the service of an artisan, you call on them and pay them for the service.

It is just a world of circulation. If you don't make the money available, artisan are also jobless. [b]The duo are good, going to school is also learning a skill.

As an office man, you make your money, you needed the service of an artisan, you call on them and pay them for the service.

It is just a world of circulation. If you don't make the money available, artisan are also jobless. [/b]The duo are good, going to school is also learning a skill.

It is just a world of circulation. If you don't make the money available, artisan are also jobless.

2 Likes

Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by October1960: 11:58am On Mar 29, 2017
For most times skilled people always prosper regardless of economic conditions.

People will always need food, shelter and clothing.

During economic downtown the quantity might reduce but will not become zero. Running around looking for someone to make you an employee is like looking for a parent.

Learn to be self employed and provide services. Our youth can spend all day browsing blogs but will not spend the time to investigate business ideas; what services are needed and what skills are in demand. Always asking questions and being lazy.

MrAwePresident:
grin
So the Artesians are getting paid much more relative to graduates

3 Likes

Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 29, 2017
doctorkush:
Have always and will continue to say this,skills pays better than your cert... Most white don't go to school to read and get degrees only,they are been taught basic skills that matters in whatsoever profession they desire...

Even with my profession, i still learnt photography,painting and am about going to learn web design..

Waiting patiently for the first class candidates to kick against the op ...

I can teach you web development for just a little token
Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by gbagyiza: 12:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
Nice write up..we need more people with d knowledge n experience on d important of vocational skills for our teaming youths..I am a graduate of electrical electronics but d skills i acquared over d years has help me to stand out in my field.Am into vocational training in automotive technology n also making consultations n repairs for vehicles owners, mechanics in Nigeria.I have been moving around d country training n encouraging Nigerians to embrace vocational training but despite that , i discover that graduate r relunctant to participate because they see vocational skills as something for d illitrates.

1 Like

Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by Kingsolar: 12:04pm On Mar 29, 2017
Dey stil wont undastand. U wont beliv dat my knowledge of paint production is about 2 earn me almost 500k in 2wks while stil a serving corps member. Skills paysDey stil wont undastand. U wont beliv dat my knowledge of paint production is about 2 earn me almost 500k in 2wks while stil a serving corps member. Skills paysDey stil wont undastand. U wont beliv dat my knowledge of paint production is about 2 earn me almost 500k in 2wks while stil a serving corps member. Skills pays
Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by ITbomb(m): 12:04pm On Mar 29, 2017
Tell any of those guys that you will offer them half the amount as their monthly salary, you will see them abandon that "skilled work" and begin to yes sir to you
Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by oluwasheun94(m): 12:05pm On Mar 29, 2017
veave:

Hello Sir. What skills can a woman learn within the space of 4weeks?
Thank you
the question is best answered by you
Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 29, 2017
PrinzCarter:
steal, starve, do money ritual or get a skill
Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by Flawlessness: 12:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
I will also be needing a lil orientation on it, diconery0147 @gmail.com.
rhymxkid:

nice one Sir ..

please I would like to have a further briefing as regards the skill procurement , as am in dire need to learn one ...

my email address is asiru92@yahoo.com , you could drop your contacts sir in my box , I will get through to you sir ...thank you ..
Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by Hydrolysis(m): 12:09pm On Mar 29, 2017
so I'll finish going to school and still go back to do odd jobs??. I rather wait for job or find something neat

1 Like

Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by Onyeoguego: 12:13pm On Mar 29, 2017
Work and chop ooo

uwa wu pawpaw.
Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by Onyeoguego: 12:15pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hydrolysis:
so I'll finish going to school and still go back to do odd jobs??. I rather wait for job or find something neat
Hahahahaha

#welcome to d Zoo

1 Like

Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by Bridget95(f): 12:16pm On Mar 29, 2017
paskyboy:
Everybody cannot go for Artisan
Do you know that it is 20times difficult to get a job than it was in 2015?

Do you know that by 2020 ,people would be going to school for nothing in Nigeria because it would be extremely difficult to get a job?

Do you know that 95% of Nlders are jobless youths? it is not their fault but the result of the ocean of corruption Nigeria is.

Think skills man! think!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by delawal: 12:16pm On Mar 29, 2017
jtjohn:
There is always a dignity in labour.....Am currently learning tailoring though is twice in a week because the guy who is teaching me is schooling and the guy is good at the job.....Our major problem is pride...
am planning on learning tailoring too. will want to ask u somethings if u can give me ur nos I will call. thanks
Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by DESTINY41(m): 12:19pm On Mar 29, 2017
YOUNGSTUNNA:

Can we talk
Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by PrinzCarter(m): 12:20pm On Mar 29, 2017
funmisticqueen:

steal, starve, do money ritual or get a skill
which one do u do above let me tink abt it
Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by vislabraye(m): 12:28pm On Mar 29, 2017
Bridget95:
Do you know that it is 20times difficult to get a job than it was in 2015?

Do you know that by 2020 ,people would be going to school for nothing in Nigeria because it would be extremely difficult to get a job?

Do you know that 95% of Nlders are jobless youths? it is not their fault but the result of the ocean of corruption Nigeria is.

Think skills man! think!

Hmmm..... . How did you get your stats ?

1 Like

Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by vislabraye(m): 12:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
Getting skills is very vital. But the problem is, getting the right skills. It also takes some time to learn a good skill.
I still think technical skills are some of the best types you can get, especially IT related. Go to a good institution to learn it and do an internship with a good person.

1 Like

Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by blazhykowskyi(m): 12:37pm On Mar 29, 2017
YOUNGSTUNNA:

I'm interested. Andyjoseph118@Gmail.com
Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by blazhykowskyi(m): 12:39pm On Mar 29, 2017
Kingsolar:
Dey stil wont undastand. U wont beliv dat my knowledge of paint production is about 2 earn me almost 500k in 2wks while stil a serving corps member. Skills paysDey stil wont undastand. U wont beliv dat my knowledge of paint production is about 2 earn me almost 500k in 2wks while stil a serving corps member. Skills paysDey stil wont undastand. U wont beliv dat my knowledge of paint production is about 2 earn me almost 500k in 2wks while stil a serving corps member. Skills pays
can I learn from you?
Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by AyodejiGREAT: 12:42pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hello house, please i want to go into data reselling business.. Who has any information to help me with it please?
Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by Kingsolar: 12:44pm On Mar 29, 2017
blazhykowskyi:
can I learn from you?
ow ? We stay at distance
Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by blazhykowskyi(m): 12:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
Kingsolar:
ow ? We stay at distance
I'm in lagos
Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by jtjohn(m): 12:55pm On Mar 29, 2017
delawal:

am planning on learning tailoring too. will want to ask u somethings if u can give me ur nos I will call. thanks
Re: This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills by Switup: 1:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
Learning a foreign language also pays. Learn French today and thank me later. cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Recruitment Into The Nigerian Army 2020 Begins. How To Apply / My Sister Might Have Been Brainwashed By GNLD / Top 5 Reasons Not To Apply For A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.