Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,628 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse (6632 Views)

EFCC Seals Off Dasuki's Mansion In Kaduna (photos) / Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / PDP Rice Warehouse In Ogun State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by AloyEmeka9: 12:38am On Dec 24, 2009
Lagos Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse
December 22, 2009 13:26, 1,451 views
By Kazeem Ugbodaga

The Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA), at the weekend, shut Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy’s warehouse and eight industries across the state, for failing to comply with the environmental laws of the state.

The warehouse, located at Adebayo Akande Street, off Billingsway, Alausa and Mazino Hotel on 12, Aromire Street, Ikeja, were shut over dirty drains, improper management of spent oil and dumping of waste on unauthorised places.

LASEPA and task force officials stormed the warehouse and other properties on Friday, effected their closure and vowed not to reopen them until their management complied with the environmental laws of the state.

General Manager, LASEPA, Engr. Rasheed Shabi, said the agency had over time investigated the complaints by some people over the sanitation and pollution nuisances caused by these companies and residents.

He added that the companies shut refused to abate the sanitation and pollution nuisances, thus leaving their environment dirty or difficult to live in.

Head, Enforcement Team of the agency, Mr. Kayode Bello, said the companies were shut because they refused to abate the various offences levelled against them.

He said that the affected industries and residential areas have been advised to report to LASEPA office, adding that failure to do so would attract stiffer sanctions, according to the agency’s edict.

One of the companies, Purechem Industries at 2, Adeleke Sholanke Street, off Adeniyi Jones Avenue, Ikeja, was shut over noise pollution from its generating set, while Hotel Comfort situated at 21, Apapa-Oshodi Expressway, was closed over improper management of waste and spent oil, dirty and silted drains.

Deep Confidence International Trading at 1B, Adeola Ajayi Crescent, Mafoluku, was also shut for environmental pollution, while Pentagon Plastics, Ajao Estate, was closed for obstructing the agency’s officials from carrying out their duty.

Other properties sealed were Sunny Sound Studio at 43, Mosalasi Street, Somolu, for noise pollution and a soccer viewing centre at 27, Apata Street, Somolu.

http://thepmnews.com/2009/12/22/lagos-seals-oyakhilomes-warehouse
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by bibiking1(m): 1:18am On Dec 24, 2009
What did he have in there
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by AloyEmeka9: 2:17am On Dec 24, 2009
Bibles.
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by presido1: 11:34am On Dec 24, 2009
Do he run a business? never knew of such.
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by bandely(m): 1:17pm On Dec 24, 2009
Bibles only?
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by july123(m): 1:31pm On Dec 24, 2009
bible and olive oil
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by Fhemmmy: 1:48pm On Dec 24, 2009
I am sure we will know more about this later.
Wont be surprised if it was the noise of the gen.
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by MUNEER2(m): 1:55pm On Dec 24, 2009
bibiking1:

What did he have in there
july123 link=topic=371035.msg5178823#msg5178823 date=1261657899:

bible and olive oil

I couldn't have asked a better question, but that was really the best answer lipsrsealed
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by 9ja4eva: 1:59pm On Dec 24, 2009
Na wa oh
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by chelseabmw(m): 2:09pm On Dec 24, 2009
Only God knows what's in there
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by olalekan1(m): 2:14pm On Dec 24, 2009
But pastor chris himself is neat by just looking at him why cant he enforce his warehouse workers to practice what he preached. IF the warehouse were shut down due to dirtiness then I think the Pastor has so much work to do most especially making sure that the place is neat and complied to the environmental laws. because people may see it as something else.
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by olalekan1(m): 2:16pm On Dec 24, 2009
chelseabmw:

Only God knows what's in there
whatever that is in there, it is not the duty of lasepa to know or search the warehouse. if you think there is something suspicious in there, then you better alert the police to their work.
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by MUNEER2(m): 2:23pm On Dec 24, 2009
olalekan1:

But pastor chris himself is neat by just looking at him why cant he enforce his warehouse workers to practice what he preached. IF the warehouse were shut down due to dirtiness then I think the Pastor has so much work to do most especially making sure that the place is neat and complied to the environmental laws. because people may see it as something else.

Why will you judge people by mere seeing their physical appearance?

But sincerely brova, you sound like u are gonna make a good adviser of Oyakhilome grin
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by meine: 2:25pm On Dec 24, 2009
I laff in spanish grin grin grin

The topic itself is funny, fashola seals oyakhilome's bla bla bla

why should this be on the frontpage? the agency in question had been sealing all sorts of eateries recently

I bow for Nigerian journalists these days, this is junk journalism and laziness at its peak.
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by olalekan1(m): 2:28pm On Dec 24, 2009
MUNEER2:

Why will you judge people by mere seeing their physical appearance?

But sincerely brova, you sound like u are gonna make a good adviser of Oyakhilome grin
Even if he is not neat, I think he has lots of maid who can do cleanliness for him.
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by MUNEER2(m): 2:35pm On Dec 24, 2009
olalekan1:

Even if he is not neat, I think he has lots of maid who can do cleanliness for him.

I never said he's not clean, and i don't really like people that think something is something lipsrsealed
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by Superbrain(m): 2:43pm On Dec 24, 2009
meine:

I laff in spanish grin grin grin

The topic itself is funny, fashola seals oyakhilome's bla bla bla

why should this be on the frontpage? the agency in question had been sealing all sorts of eateries recently

I bow for Nigerian journalists these days, this is junk journalism and laziness at its peak.

This is the only reasonable comment I've seen on this thread. Seun, you should talk to your moderators. Nigeria has many other issues it faces. What is anyone's business with Pastor Oyakhilome's warehouse? I hope this is not a propaganda. The other time i saw a thread about Pastor Adeboye's many girlfriends. It's all rubbish. Don't let your website be a channel for the devil. I've got more important things to do. This thread should be deleted as it's so irrelevant OR is this what Nairaland has turn to?
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by AKO1(m): 2:46pm On Dec 24, 2009
This is obviously sensational journalism. Notice how they added the other facilities that were shut down at the bottom of the article; carefully constructing what is important and what is not. And for those who comment on Pastor Chris' appearance, I doubt if he has even visited the places in question since they were commissioned tongue

Anyway like the old EFCC jingle said, "nobody deey- above the law" tongue
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by olalekan1(m): 2:49pm On Dec 24, 2009
Superbrain:

This is the only reasonable comment I've seen on this thread. Seun, you should talk to your moderators. Nigeria has many other issues it faces. What is anyone's business with Pastor Oyakhilome's warehouse? I hope this is not a propaganda. The other time i saw a thread about Pastor Adeboye's many girlfriends. It's all rubbish. Don't let your website be a channel for the devil. I've got more important things to do. This thread should be deleted as it's so irrelevant OR is this what Nairaland has turn to?
it is not irrelevant because pastor chris is a world wide known preacher. So how could his warehouse be shut down due to dirtiness, he preaches a lot to to NIgerian xtians and xtians abroad so how come he cant preach to the warehouse workers to live to their expectation, if they dont have  cleaners why cant they get one. SO I dont think it is irrelevant as you said.
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by MUNEER2(m): 2:54pm On Dec 24, 2009
Superbrain:

Different strokes for different folks, that's how simple life is.
You may take this tread as rubbish, but you simply aint the only one on NL
You don't try to feed your opinions man, don't forget this is a forum, and all ideas are welcome, though not abuses
So, forget about turning something into devil's channel, you just said your mind, why not allow others to, and stop being bias lipsrsealed
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by Superbrain(m): 3:19pm On Dec 24, 2009
MUNEER2:

Different strokes for different folks, that's how simple life is.
You may take this tread as rubbish, but you simply aint the only one on NL
You don't try to feed your opinions man, don't forget this is a forum, and all ideas are welcome, though not abuses
So, forget about turning something into devil's channel, you just said your mind, why not allow others to, and stop being bias lipsrsealed
I'm in no way patronizing anybody on this issue but i still maintain my stand. Everybody has an opinion-that i agree. Just that some are stupid and baseless. I'm not stopping anyone from saying his/her mind but i sure will point it out when anyone makes a mistake. This is one of the main problems in journalism today. It only shows how myopic the poster is. How many people keep their environments clean? Even among those that have multiple properties, how many of their estates are as "prim and proper" as they are? It's like saying the owner of Sweet Sensation is dirty and untidy just because one of his eateries had issues with NAFDAC as concerns environmental health. Abeg, make una leave the Pastor alone and look at your own self! How clean are you? I guess we shouldn't start getting into that,
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 24, 2009
I tire o, while is Pastor Oyakhilome's name on the subject, is it only his company that was sealed. Well maybe because He is the greatest.
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by Superbrain(m): 3:26pm On Dec 24, 2009
olalekan1:

it is not irrelevant because pastor chris is a world wide known preacher. So how could his warehouse be shut down due to dirtiness, he preaches a lot to to NIgerian xtians and xtians abroad so how come he cant preach to the warehouse workers to live to their expectation, if they dont have  cleaners why cant they get one. SO I dont think it is irrelevant as you said.

I get your point. My point is that you shouldn't make conclusions based on write-ups. That's why i said the write-up is irrelevant as it is obviously a case of sensual journalism. Take a visit to the place being talked about and then you'll see it's not as bad as is being propagated. I frequent that area a lot. If the Government want to start shutting down warehouses and factories for such things as Generator noise and improper waste disposal, there are two places they should start with: Oba Akran Avenue and Otta.
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by chuxy12(m): 3:34pm On Dec 24, 2009
what do you want to achieve with this post? idler.
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by Superbrain(m): 3:36pm On Dec 24, 2009
Abeg help me ask am. It's just the height of joblessness.
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 24, 2009
I tire o, while is Pastor Oyakhilome's name on the subject, is it only his company that was sealed. Well maybe because He is the greatest.
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by MUNEER2(m): 3:46pm On Dec 24, 2009
Superbrain:

I'm in no way patronizing anybody on this issue but i still maintain my stand. Everybody has an opinion-that i agree. Just that some are silly and baseless. I'm not stopping anyone from saying his/her mind but i sure will point it out when anyone makes a mistake. This is one of the main problems in journalism today. It only shows how myopic the poster is. How many people keep their environments clean? Even among those that have multiple properties, how many of their estates are as "prim and proper" as they are? It's like saying the owner of Sweet Sensation is dirty and untidy just because one of his eateries had issues with NAFDAC as concerns environmental health. Abeg, make una leave the Pastor alone and look at your own self! How clean are you? I guess we shouldn't start getting into that,

Yes! where did you keep all these before? You are just talking like a nairalander, your opinions are highly welcome.
Please, do me a favour, read and compare your first post with this, and you'll see why i said those words. Now, you just proved your point wink
Maybe you can ask the question again, then, i'll probably have an answer to it grin
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by Superbrain(m): 3:56pm On Dec 24, 2009
MUNEER2:

Yes! where did you keep all these before? You are just talking like a nairalander, your opinions are highly welcome.
Please, do me a favour, read and compare your first post with this, and you'll see why i said those words. Now, you just proved your point wink
Maybe you can ask the question again, then, i'll probably have an answer to it grin

LOL. You make me laugh. I thought you said this was a forum and i shouldn't impose my opinion? Now I'm talking like a Nairalander, I guess you were the one who drafted the Nairaland Constitution as concerns what should be said and what shouldn't. That said, I hope you now see why I said the post is irrelevant.
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by Adekunley(m): 4:07pm On Dec 24, 2009
Religion and governance, I like my Governor no time for lassitude and levity

Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by Superbrain(m): 4:11pm On Dec 24, 2009
Adekunley:

Religion and governance, I like my Governor no time for lassitude and levity

Bros, na wah oh. Why you sample your picture like this? For your information, no be Fashola himself shut down those places. Some over-ambitious folks i guess. Won't be surprised to hear that those companies including Pastor Oyakhilome's people had to part away with some six or seven digits to get their properties opened.
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by MUNEER2(m): 4:28pm On Dec 24, 2009
Superbrain:

LOL. You make me laugh. I thought you said this was a forum and i shouldn't impose my opinion? Now I'm talking like a Nairalander, I guess you were the one who drafted the Nairaland Constitution as concerns what should be said and what shouldn't. That said, I hope you now see why I said the post is irrelevant.

Even the dumbest of men would simply tell you what a forum constitute, so, no need of you guessing who constituted it tongue
All i'm saying is, this post is as relevant as you think it is not. Anyway, let's clean our environment clean, and that's all tongue undecided
Re: Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse by olalekan1(m): 4:32pm On Dec 24, 2009
I wonder why people kept on clamouring Fashola everywhere as if he is the Lagos State Government. The Subject should be: Lagos State Government Seals , Lagos state government under the leadership of Fashola suppose to be the way to put it not Fashola seals,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 / Palestinian Women Take On Israeli Soldier(pix) / Why Do Nigerians Celebrate Whenever A Leader Dies ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.