Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Music Promotion, Things You Should Know If You Want Limelight - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Music Promotion, Things You Should Know If You Want Limelight (289 Views)

Ebonyi Tailor Recreates Ebuka's In The Limelight Agbada / Jada Pollock: Meet Wizkid’s Third Baby Mama & Things You Should Know About Her / CELEBRITY Big Brother : Jasmine Waltz Nude S*x Tape In Limelight Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Music Promotion, Things You Should Know If You Want Limelight by donlackey(m): 11:59am On Mar 29, 2017
The primary reason for doing music is for the money and the eventual fame that comes with it, although after a couple singles, artistes go for interview and say they do music for the passion.
Maybe passion is the ignition, but money and fame is the fuel. That being said, the essence of making music is the direct conversion to fame and money.
For music to convert to fame and money, one major key is PROMOTIONS. There isn’t any hard and fast rule to music promotions, often times what works for artiste A might not work for artiste B, but some things are just essentials. My name is Donlackey Kingsley. Having worked with quite a lot of acts such as Olamide, and currently working with Lil Kesh, maybe i know a little about music promotion i would like to share. In a lay man’s language, promotion is the constant, almost back to back play of a song anywhere and anytime. From experience, people tend to like and sing along a song that they hear as many times as possible. The best way to sell your music is unconscious marketing of the song. Unconscious marketing is when your song is being played everywhere at anytime, by everywhere i mean marketplaces, boutiques, bars, canteens, i mean every public place. The quality of a song doesn’t in anyway determine the strength of a song, apologies to Small doctor. Promotions determines the strength of a song. The first assignment of the artiste is to know and understand the audience you are singing for. Truth be told, you cannot sing for everyone and everyone cannot like your song. Olamide & Kesh chose the streets, Phyno chose his brothers from the east, Mr. Eazi chose the Ghanaians and London babes, Adekunle Gold went for the mature folks.Continue to read full story

(1) (Reply)

Dr Dre Features In The Group To Bring 2024 Olympics To Los Angeles / Watch VIDEO: Davido Performs ‘IF’ At Dangote’s 60th Birthday Party / Nairalander Instagram Account Hacked For Posting News About Efe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.