Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me (8581 Views)

Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? / Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist / My Last Question For Nairaland Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by johnydon22(m): 3:33pm On Mar 29, 2017
Blogthug:

please stay focused on our chat, u are everywhere, or are u their leader? that question is meant for him to ask me to prove it lol
just bring on the arguments and stop this digressing rigmaroles
Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by Blogthug(m): 3:41pm On Mar 29, 2017
johnydon22:
lol that is another way of saying i cannot hope to prove the negate that no cup is on that table - absence of evidence not evidence of absence is a mantra we hear everyday.

your task was simple, prove the negate, prove there is no cup on that table... stop jumping up and down.

we are heading to page 3 yet no argument presented, i am still patiently waiting for one

and I answered u beautifully, u just don't grasp the explanation, no evidence of red cup on the table isn't proof that there isn't

simply put, observing non existence of red cup isn't proof of nonexistence of red cup, but observing something contrary to what should be observed under existence is proof of nonexistence, if u are intelligent ud grasp this by now
Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by CatfishBilly: 3:41pm On Mar 29, 2017
Like I said, the guy is a troll, all huff and puff, no substance.
Later he will be shouting intelligence up and down.
Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by Blogthug(m): 3:45pm On Mar 29, 2017
CeoMYN:

Are you a Diest?
yes, I am, are u
Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by Blogthug(m): 3:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
CatfishBilly:
Like I said, the guy is a troll, all huff and puff, no substance.
Later he will be shouting intelligence up and down.

seems you are bored, let me give u an argument

if everything exists , then God exists

refute!

2 Likes

Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by donnffd(m): 3:52pm On Mar 29, 2017
Blogthug:

seems you are bored, let me give u an argument

if everything exists , then God exists

refute!

Non-sequitur!!!

there is no relation between everything and God(and i mean God from your definition)

3 Likes

Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
Blogthug:

yes, I am, are u

No. I don't care whether God exists or not.

Actually a diestic God don't have to prove his existence.
Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 29, 2017
Blogthug:

pls try to answer my question directly , do u believe it's not a belief? u said u know the universe exists, and it's not a belief and I asked, do u believe it's not a belief? it's a logical question

In law, we call this a leading question.

When we ask a question we know would always lead to a single conclusion thereby cornering the other party.

It's a tactic used by dishonest people to win a court case.

1 Like

Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by Blogthug(m): 3:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
johnydon22:
example - "prove there isn't a red cup on this table" adepeter26 watch closely, he will evade and dodge

i know you're smart that's why I'm taking my time to help u understand this

if u want to show that something doesn't exist, u cannot say showing it doesn't exist is evidence, that's a circular reasoning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 29, 2017
A leading question is a question which subtly prompts the respondent to answer in a particular way. Leading questions are generally undesirable as they result in false or slanted information

This is a tactic used by blogthug

2 Likes

Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by Blogthug(m): 3:59pm On Mar 29, 2017
CeoMYN:

No. I don't care whether God exists or not.

Actually a diestic God don't have to prove his existence.

every claim needs to be proven which logically implies claim of existence and non existence

1 Like

Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by Blogthug(m): 4:01pm On Mar 29, 2017
Jackofall:
A leading question is a question which subtly prompts the respondent to answer in a particular way. Leading questions are generally undesirable as they result in false or slanted information

This is a tactic used by blogthug

this not a leading question, it a logical question, is God something or nothing? if God is something then God cannot be nothing that will be a logical contradiction

1 Like

Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 29, 2017
OP you said "capital G, which I will define as Creator of universe and origin of life, any deity that's defined this way fits to be called God, eg Allah, Brahman, Yahweh".

This shows that you are hiding..... Saying you are a diest and using Allah, Yahweh and Brahman as examples.

Are you really a diest?

3 Likes

Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by Blogthug(m): 4:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
donnffd:

Non-sequitur!!!

there is no relation between everything and God(and i mean God from your definition)

is God something or nothing?

2 Likes

Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 29, 2017
Blogthug:

every claim needs to be proven which logically implies claim of existence and non existence

Why is a God diestic?

People always abuse the word God.
Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by oaroloye(m): 4:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
SHALOM!

Blogthug:
if you are open minded and understand these basic fallacies such as:

If Atheists were open-minded, we would have no trouble with them at all.

Strawman

A False Example they can easily demolish, claiming to have demolished your point.

red herring

A pointless diversion from the actual issue.

non sequitor

An irrelevant point.

Ad hominem

An attack on the person raising an issue, in order to divert from the issue.

then let's get talking, if you don't, go google[b] and understand them, then we can get talking ait? if u won't then don't waste my time
[/b]

I doubt if any actual Atheists ever come online.

What you are dealing with are SHILLS- people posing as legitimate Posters, just to obstruct the free-flow of information, and abort enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by donnffd(m): 4:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
Blogthug:

is God something or nothing?

Something or nothing cannot be a property of a concept, Concepts are imaginary, they are not something neither are they nothing, those properties doesnt apply to concepts, so until you show that God is not a concept, your question is invalid!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by Blogthug(m): 4:08pm On Mar 29, 2017
CeoMYN:
OP you said "capital G, which I will define as Creator of universe and origin of life, any deity that's defined this way fits to be called God, eg Allah, Brahman, Yahweh".

This shows that you are hiding..... Saying you are a diest and using Allah, Yahweh and Brahman as examples.

Are you really a diest?

if God is believed to be the cause of the universe and Allah, Brahman, Yahweh , prime mover is believed to be the creator of the universe is means They are God. tho God can be given different personalities that may differ within religions, doesn't change the fact that they mean the same thing, God!
Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 29, 2017
Blogthug:

every claim comes with a burden of proof,

now listen carefully to logic

the statement " you can't prove a negative " is by logic a negative claim lol, so it means u can't prove that u can't prove a negative claim, get it?

So if you cannot prove that u can't prove a negative,that must mean you can prove a negative.

OMG. This is weakening me.
Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 29, 2017
Blogthug:

even if that's a baby logic let me let that slide.

now my prove for God's existence is because Nothing does not exists

Non sequitur.

You have broken all your rules over and over again.
Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by Blogthug(m): 4:13pm On Mar 29, 2017
donnffd:

Something or nothing cannot be a property of a concept, Concepts are imaginary, they are not something neither are they nothing, those properties doesnt apply to concepts, so until you show that God is not a concept, your question is invalid!

because you say so? lol

are u saying imaginary things are not something?
Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 29, 2017
Blogthug:

if God is believed to be the cause of the universe and Allah, Brahman, Yahweh , prime mover is believed to be the creator of the universe is means They are God. tho God can be given different personalities that may differ within religions, doesn't change the fact that they mean the same thing, God!

Bro you are not a diest.

1 Like

Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by donnffd(m): 4:16pm On Mar 29, 2017
Blogthug:

because you say so? lol

are u saying imaginary things are not something?

is it that you cant read?... i just said those properties dont apply to concepts, its like asking 'what color is the air?', thats an invalid question because color is not a property of air!

Dude, i see your arguing skills are really weak.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by Blogthug(m): 4:17pm On Mar 29, 2017
Jackofall:

So if you cannot prove that u can't prove a negative,that must mean you can prove a negative.

OMG. This is weakening me.

you think we are playing here abi?

if u cannot prove that you can't prove a negative it means the claim "u can't prove a negative " by logic cannot itself be proven lol
Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
Blogthug:

if u can't grasp a simple analogy, there is no point discussing with you, meet others for notes later

Ur nature analogy is pure strawman.

What's the correlation between nature and the different gods we have. Common u can do better than this. cry
Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by Blogthug(m): 4:23pm On Mar 29, 2017
donnffd:

is it that you cant read?... i just said those properties dont apply to concepts, its like asking 'what color is the air?', thats an invalid question because color is not a property of air!

Dude, i see your arguing skills are really weak.

see this baby logician lol

no! its not like saying what colour is air, it's like saying its air something or nothing ? use proper anology nxt time,

now lf concepts , ideas are not nothing or something, then what are they?

I'm enjoying u display ignorance by the way lol smiley
Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by Blogthug(m): 4:24pm On Mar 29, 2017
Jackofall:

Ur nature analogy is pure strawman.

What's the correlation between nature and the different gods we have. Common u can do better than this. cry

how can an anology be a strawman? u people are wonderful here o lol
Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 29, 2017
Blogthug:

lol primary school logic,

lacking evidence for a red cup is never evidence for No cup , observations contrary to what is expected if a red cup exists is evidence for No cup, I know this will be hard take time to understand it

This is so wrong.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

I can't believe this is coming from a supposed intelligent being.
Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by Blogthug(m): 4:27pm On Mar 29, 2017
CeoMYN:

Bro you are not a diest.

Im actually the creator of Nigerian union of deists whatsapp group with over 40 members, I am a deist, u don't have to like it, add 07034362071 to join
Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 29, 2017
[sup][/sup]
Blogthug:

are concepts nothing or something?

Yet another strawman.

Concept ofcourse are something, that doesn't mean that for example, the concept that humans are computer simulations is something. Whatever something means to you, it's just a strawman attempt by you.

1 Like

Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by donnffd(m): 4:29pm On Mar 29, 2017
Blogthug:

see this baby logician lol

no! its not like saying what colour is air, it's like saying its air something or nothing ? use proper anology nxt time,

now lf concepts , ideas are not nothing or something, then what are they?

I'm enjoying u display ignorance by the way lol smiley

I think i am now believing you are a troll.

Air is something, it has the properties of something, it is perfectly valid to ask, is air something?

On the otherhand, concepts cannot be in the same category, it is in a different category

From what i am seeing, you are trying to say everything in the english language has to fall into either something or nothing...smh

Mehn this is just a waste of time...chaow

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me by Blogthug(m): 4:29pm On Mar 29, 2017
Jackofall:

This is so wrong.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

I can't believe this is coming from a supposed intelligent being.

common bro, that's my point, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, the Jonny dude thought it was, u are on my side

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Don't Women Cover Their Heads In Church Anymore? / Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? / Pictures From 40th Anniversary Of Pentecostal Revival In Benue State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.