Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,265 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Radical Atheism On The Rise - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Radical Atheism On The Rise (646 Views)

Atheism On The Decline? / Imam Of Peace Warns Christians To Wakeup, Else Radical Muslim Will Consume Them / Is Atheism On The Decline? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Radical Atheism On The Rise by alBHAGDADI: 3:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
The peaceful atheist are the ones who lost believe in any form of religion and decided to ignore religious folks whom they sometimes view as lost I. delusion. The good part is that they don't waste their time arguing about things they believe don't exist.

The radical atheist are the opposite of the above. They behave like children of the Satan the Christian Bible speaks of. They believe God doesn't exist, but are always seeing arguing and making mockery of something they believe doesn't exist. It's like making mockery of nothing or a man laughing because of nothing. Is that not madness? They have now become radicals cos they verbally attack Christians and their beliefs at every given opportunity. I hope we won't start seeing ISIS kind of atheism.
Re: Radical Atheism On The Rise by felixomor: 3:55pm On Mar 29, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
The peaceful atheist are the ones who lost believe in any form of religion and decided to ignore religious folks whom they sometimes view as lost I. delusion. The good part is that they don't waste their time arguing about things they believe don't exist.

The radical atheist are the opposite of the above. They behave like children of the Satan the Christian Bible speaks of. They believe God doesn't exist, but are always seeing arguing and making mockery of something they believe doesn't exist. It's like making mockery of nothing or a man laughing because of nothing. Is that not madness? They have now become radicals cos they verbally attack Christians and their beliefs at every given opportunity . I hope we won't start seeing ISIS kind of atheism.

They are already here o......
Re: Radical Atheism On The Rise by donnffd(m): 4:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
alBHAGDADI:

The radical atheist are the opposite of the above. They behave like children of the Satan the Christian Bible speaks of. They believe God doesn't exist, but are always seeing arguing and making mockery of something they believe doesn't exist. It's like making mockery of nothing or a man laughing because of nothing. Is that not madness? They have now become radicals cos they verbally attack Christians and their beliefs at every given opportunity. I hope we won't start seeing ISIS kind of atheism.

Lets imagine an alternate reality, and in this reality, majority of the people there believe Superman is real, you are among the few people who think this is ridiculous, now this so-called majority not only believes he is real but also :-

- pray to him always
- build buildings where they set aside a day to worship him
- give 10% of all their money to the comic book creators who claims they are the mediators
- set government policies based on these superman comic books
- live all their lives waiting for him to return from krypton and ignoring reality

Now tell me, would you see yourself keeping quiet, or would you try to talk some sense to these people?

well sadly that reality is real, just that the imaginary figure is not superman but God...

2 Likes

Re: Radical Atheism On The Rise by alBHAGDADI: 4:30pm On Mar 29, 2017
donnffd:

Lets imagine an alternate reality, and in this reality, majority of the people there believe Superman is real, you are among the few people who think this is ridiculous, now this so-called majority not only believes he is real but also :-

- pray to him always
- build buildings where they set aside a day to worship him
- give 10% of all their money to the comic book creators who claims they are the mediators
- set government policies based on these superman comic books
- live all their lives waiting for him to return from krypton and ignoring reality

Now tell me, would you see yourself keeping quiet, or would you try to talk some sense to these people?

well sadly that reality is real, just that the imaginary figure is not superman but God...
A true atheist will mind his business and not waste it arguing about their belief which he feels is based on nonexistence.
Re: Radical Atheism On The Rise by donnffd(m): 4:39pm On Mar 29, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
A true atheist will mind his business and not waste it arguing about their belief which he feels is based on nonexistence.

Not when those people beliefs starts affecting my life

if i walked up to you and said "i dont eat rice on tuesdays", you would say fine and continue with what you are doing, but when i say "because i dont eat rice on tuesdays, everybody including you must not eat rice on tuesdays too", i am pretty sure you would start to engage me intellectually especially if i am part of the majority with the power to shape legislation.

3 Likes

Re: Radical Atheism On The Rise by hopefulLandlord: 4:42pm On Mar 29, 2017
why do atheists talk about god? I've told the below story many times

Imagine a world in which everywhere you turned, a belief in a literal Santa Claus was staring back at you. national Pledge “So help me santa” Imagine if when you went to a courtroom to testify, you had to put your hand on a copy of the book, “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas,” and say “So help me Santa” at the end of your oath. Imagine that town meetings all across the country started with the singing of the song “Here Comes Santa Claus” or “Santa Claus is Coming to Town.”

Imagine that everyone you know insists that you go to services at least once a week during which you write letters to Santa, and if you don’t, they tell you there’s something wrong with you. Imagine if the first thing that anyone asks you in a social setting is not about what you do for a living or some other question, but, “What have you written to Santa about lately?”

Imagine if you couldn’t go to a gym, or a coffee shop, without Christmas music being played in the background year ’round. Imagine if you couldn’t get your hair done, or go shopping, or go to a doctor’s office without having Christmas music playing, whether it’s Christmas time or not. Imagine if you tried to complain about it, or suggest that maybe some other music should be played, and people told you that you’re a terrible person with no morals for saying such a thing.

Imagine if friends and family shunned you because you had the audacity to say that Santa Claus isn’t real, that he doesn’t bring presents to children around the world at Christmas, and that to believe so is silly with no evidence to support that belief. Imagine parents of students at the school in which you are a faculty member saying that the fact you don’t believe in Santa frightens them, and that they don’t want their kids in your class.

Imagine everyone around you telling you that if you don’t believe in Santa Claus, you will spend all of eternity being punished by being submerged under the ice at the north pole, and poked by Santa’s elves with sticks.

Imagine everyone telling you to just shut up about the fact that you don’t believe in Santa, and to just go along with all of the nonsense, because to everyone else, Santa Claus is absolutely, positively real, and you can’t tell them anything different, and since the majority of society believes in Santa, you must follow what they do.

If you think this all sounds ridiculous or farfetched, this is exactly what it’s like living in Nigeria for people who aren’t theists. This is why we keep engaging in discussions about God. It’s because this idea—which other people seem to think isn’t any of our business—is all up in our business every day of our lives. That makes it our business.
Re: Radical Atheism On The Rise by Earth2Metahuman: 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
and how do meaningless beliefs that control our lives not a business of every atheist?

-You go to north, you get blown or properties damaged by some ediots who think their own god is superior to other gods.
-They made laws for themselves and forced to submit to these laws (sharia)

-You ran back to south, everywhere is filled with churches blaring nonsense on the speaker and disturbing the peace of the neighbourhood with imaginary fight against imaginary enemies.

-You pay your tax to the government for good basic amenities, they in turn gather your money and give to those travelling to saudi and jerusalem. Tell me how this is not my business again?

You have to chose any of these morOnic beliefs to have a decent leader or lead.

-You can't even ride a bus in peace again without someone preaching and calling you a fool for not accepting in delusion.

- you are going on the street, someone is tapping your shirt to come and join his church.
Don't even get me started on jehovah witness.
You dare not say jack to them, they tag you the devil.

And you fhucking think I should mind my business? Seriously?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Radical Atheism On The Rise by alBHAGDADI: 4:45pm On Mar 29, 2017
donnffd:

Not when those people beliefs starts affecting my life

if i walked up to you and said "i dont eat rice on tuesdays", you would say fine and continue with what you are doing, but when i say "because i dont eat rice on tuesdays, everybody including you must not eat rice on tuesdays too", i am pretty sure you would start to engage me intellectually especially if i am part of the majority with the power to shape legislation.
In what way has coworker stopped you from living? Pls, don't tell me that they stopped you from exercising your homosexual and criminal rights?

Take away Christianity, then tell me where the world will get its moral laws from.
Re: Radical Atheism On The Rise by alBHAGDADI: 4:49pm On Mar 29, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
why do atheists talk about god? I've told the below story many times

Imagine a world in which everywhere you turned, a belief in a literal Santa Claus was staring back at you. national Pledge “So help me santa” Imagine if when you went to a courtroom to testify, you had to put your hand on a copy of the book, “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas,” and say “So help me Santa” at the end of your oath. Imagine that town meetings all across the country started with the singing of the song “Here Comes Santa Claus” or “Santa Claus is Coming to Town.”

Imagine that everyone you know insists that you go to services at least once a week during which you write letters to Santa, and if you don’t, they tell you there’s something wrong with you. Imagine if the first thing that anyone asks you in a social setting is not about what you do for a living or some other question, but, “What have you written to Santa about lately?”

Imagine if you couldn’t go to a gym, or a coffee shop, without Christmas music being played in the background year ’round. Imagine if you couldn’t get your hair done, or go shopping, or go to a doctor’s office without having Christmas music playing, whether it’s Christmas time or not. Imagine if you tried to complain about it, or suggest that maybe some other music should be played, and people told you that you’re a terrible person with no morals for saying such a thing.

Imagine if friends and family shunned you because you had the audacity to say that Santa Claus isn’t real, that he doesn’t bring presents to children around the world at Christmas, and that to believe so is silly with no evidence to support that belief. Imagine parents of students at the school in which you are a faculty member saying that the fact you don’t believe in Santa frightens them, and that they don’t want their kids in your class.

Imagine everyone around you telling you that if you don’t believe in Santa Claus, you will spend all of eternity being punished by being submerged under the ice at the north pole, and poked by Santa’s elves with sticks.

Imagine everyone telling you to just shut up about the fact that you don’t believe in Santa, and to just go along with all of the nonsense, because to everyone else, Santa Claus is absolutely, positively real, and you can’t tell them anything different, and since the majority of society believes in Santa, you must follow what they do.

If you think this all sounds ridiculous or farfetched, this is exactly what it’s like living in Nigeria for people who aren’t theists. This is why we keep engaging in discussions about God. It’s because this idea—which other people seem to think isn’t any of our business—is all up in our business every day of our lives. That makes it our business.
The time you Nigerian atheists spend engaging believers is enough to develop something superb for the betterment of mankind. No, you rather waste it on arguing on something you believe is NOTHING.
Re: Radical Atheism On The Rise by hopefulLandlord: 4:51pm On Mar 29, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
The time you Nigerian atheists spend engaging believers is enough to develop something superb for the betterment of mankind. No, you rather waste it on arguing on something you believe is NOTHING.

good to see you don't have any sensible argument against the scenario I narrated
Re: Radical Atheism On The Rise by highscript(m): 6:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
An argument of Nairaland atheist wont last forever ...
Re: Radical Atheism On The Rise by donnffd(m): 7:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
In what way has coworker stopped you from living? Pls, don't tell me that they stopped you from exercising your homosexual and criminal rights?

Take away Christianity, then tell me where the world will get its moral laws from.

Lol, christians amaze me...

First of all, i am not an homosexual, but i do stand with them and i believe everyone should love who they want to love and laws that discriminate against them are immoral and wicked.

Secondly, just because someone is an atheist doesnt mean he or she is a criminal, if that was the case, then the prison yard would be filled with atheists, but the contrary is the case. What about countries, the most peaceful and prosperous nations are also the least religious, its a fact, google is your friend.

Third, Christianity doesnt have a monopoly on morality, infact if you read the old testament, you would find that its full of immoral things that wont be tolerated today, i wonder how you can claim that is a standard of morality.

Finally, if you need a book to tell you not to steal, rape and kill, then you sir must be a very terrible person indeed, it pretty obvious that those are terrible things to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Radical Atheism On The Rise by johnydon22(m): 9:37am On Mar 30, 2017
alBHAGDADI:

isn't it remarkably funny and speaks tons about atheists that to you radical atheism always is about people who are outspoken about their atheism and argue about it on the internet or offline.

-speak about radical muslims you think about Boko haram, ISIL, al queda and so many of them.

-speak about radical christianity you talk about Abortion clinic shooters, ku klux klan, christians of central africa republic and just about as many examples.

-but speak about radical atheism, its just a simple folk sitting behind his computer or offline, voicing his opinion and arguing to make his points...

now visualize this, think about it and take all the time you need.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Radical Atheism On The Rise by akintom(m): 11:34am On Mar 30, 2017
alBHAGDADI:

Radical Christianity on the rise!

FSM promised me heaven full of volcano of beer and angelic chics. Before i finish my proselytizing, Christians jump in and started calling me derogatory names.

It's obvious that terror-christs are here.

Re: Radical Atheism On The Rise by frank317: 3:29pm On Mar 30, 2017
and the religionists keep losing it

(1) (Reply)

Open Heaven Daily Devotional,monday 17th April,2017 / Rebuttal: There's No Free Will When It Comes To God / 5 Interesting Fact About Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.