Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months (3974 Views)

Ethiopian Women Beaten Before They Marry (Photos) / Pictures Of Ethiopian Women Who Beg To Be Whipped / Oyinbo Men In Enugu Drinking Palm Wine And Local Dish (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by Explorers(m): 5:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
The competition is on between tribesmen in a remote valley in Ethiopa to get as fat as they can in the space of six month.

For half a year members of the Bodi tribe will drink nothing but fresh milk and blood from cowsin order to pile on the pounds.

During this time they are not allowed to have sex,or even leave their hut.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4360060/Ethiopian-tribesmen-compete-fat-possible.html

Lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by Explorers(m): 5:22pm On Mar 29, 2017
For six months one unmarried man from each family is confined to a hut, drinking milk and cow's blood, in a competition to see who can gain the most weight.

For half a year members of the Bodi tribe will drink nothing but fresh milk and blood from cows in order to pile on the pounds.

2 Shares

Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by Explorers(m): 5:24pm On Mar 29, 2017
The winner of the competition each year gets the kudos of tribal respect, having spent six months putting on weight by drinking milk and cow's blood.

Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by Explorers(m): 5:25pm On Mar 29, 2017
Becoming a fat man is the dream of young members of the tribe, and huge respect is afforded to the winner each year.

It is not unusual for competitors to lose their balance because of the amount of weight they put on to compete.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by Brownhypo: 5:26pm On Mar 29, 2017
shocked shocked

See their minute pwick and huge tommy grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by Explorers(m): 5:26pm On Mar 29, 2017
Women and girls deliver fresh blood and milk each morning in pots or bamboos.

Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by Explorers(m): 5:27pm On Mar 29, 2017
On the day of the ceremony, the men cover their bodies with clay and ashes before emerging from their huts.

Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by Kondomatic(m): 5:28pm On Mar 29, 2017
See prick and bele.

If to say nah breast enemies of Vaseline producers go sensor am

6 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by maxti: 5:29pm On Mar 29, 2017
Even with all that, i see no fat

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by sisisioge: 5:33pm On Mar 29, 2017
Dearlordinheaven! Wetin be this o shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by dacovajnr: 5:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
Add "graphic"oin the headline now angry angry
Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by Xbee007(m): 5:37pm On Mar 29, 2017
Wetin person no go see for this world.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by Richie0974: 5:41pm On Mar 29, 2017
Explorers:
Becoming a fat man is the dream of young members of the tribe, and huge respect is afforded to the winner each year.

It is not unusual for competitors to lose their balance because of the amount of weight they put on to compete.

So things like this still happen in Africa. Didn't Ethiopia use to be one of the most civilized countries in Africa judging from the fact that they were never colonized.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by hopeforcharles(m): 6:01pm On Mar 29, 2017
Africa is still backwards. cry cry cry SMH.
Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by bibijay123(f): 6:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
lol this is the funniest thread i have come across today grin cheesy warris dis? Ewww!

5 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by MosquitoLaps(m): 6:11pm On Mar 29, 2017
I don't know whether to say if it is repulsive, or retrogressive. But I dey find fat sha. I'm thinking of going there.
But come o, abi dem swear for fat people sey dia Joystick must small? Explorers, WHY? grin
Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 29, 2017
It seems to be working on the stomach grin They must be taking alot of alcohol too.
Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by Khd95(m): 6:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
See their tiny tiny preeqgringrin

what shall it profit a man to add fat,nd the preeq is still as small as dija's brezz

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by Deejay1000(m): 6:50pm On Mar 29, 2017
grin
Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by Rich4god(m): 7:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
Wen I taught that u have seen it all.
Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by nanadeeva01(f): 7:26pm On Mar 29, 2017
Tank God am frm naija
Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by augster(m): 7:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
See their tiny dicckks sef grin

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by Efewestern: 7:42pm On Mar 29, 2017
lolz.. funny.. can someone really survive with only milk? , shuo.. na wa o.. look at how dirty they are... and these ones go meet woman

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by Viktor1983(m): 7:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
Cow blood shocked shocked
Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by Ishilove: 7:49pm On Mar 29, 2017
This is insane. Kweeeke shocked

Am I eyes deceiving me or are these men poorly endowed down there? Must be the effect all that milk
Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 29, 2017
It's obvious BLACK AFRICA has a different god supervising them
Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by jchioma: 8:27pm On Mar 29, 2017
And to what end is all these follies?
Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by jchioma: 8:29pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ishilove:

Am I eyes deceiving me or are these men poorly endowed down there? Must be the effect all that milk

Try to know the diff between a 'shower' and a 'grower'.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by Explorers(m): 9:17pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ishilove:

Lol....

lalasticlala
Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by Olu317(m): 9:50pm On Mar 29, 2017
And some people will believe and claim Africa is One. What kind of a barbaric ideology is this? Blood and cow milk? Truthfully ,some people really need serious spiritual cleansing.
Re: Ethiopian Tribesmen Compete To Get Fat By Drinking Cow Blood&milk For 6months by uckennety(m): 10:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
This is Kenya not Ethiopia this is D malu tribe in kenya

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Home Of The Igbo In Nigeria / Obatala Festival 2017 - Trinidad And Tobago / Please Help Translate This Yoruba Language To English!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.