Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,598 members, 7,955,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:17 PM

How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. (10662 Views)

Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? / When Did You Get A Job Offer After An Interview? / 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by fkj950ax(m): 8:09am On Mar 30, 2017
sgtponzihater:

Can u marry a man earning 80k?

Get off your high horse and stop forming ajebo?

The number of Nigerians earning 80k and less is 800 times more than those earning 80k and above.

How much do you think your dad's driver earns and he has 2 kids in university. Built a boys quarter in mowe and owns a Golf 3.

What's minimum wage in Nigeria?
Or the per capita income?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by ipobarecriminals: 8:12am On Mar 30, 2017
Coolgent:
This got me laughing...
80k can't possibly sustain me, my wife, my kid and my galfriend.
How can 80k sustain u when u are proudly cheating your loyal wife
I'm married with 3 children, but Dat doesn't stop me from having girlfriends(no attachments, just girl-friend"wink.The OP is probably a free giver

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 30, 2017
angry y re ppl even answering this attention seeker? I thought you had a ponzi hating job that pays millions? Oga abeg swerve, galfriend ni, slay queen ko
Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by sorepco(m): 8:26am On Mar 30, 2017
The hr guy said u should wait so he can ask the boss for a small raise for u. U r on the other hand r looking for a way out. U r incredoulous!!
Y not wait n c whst they offer. Negotiate ur wages favourably since u feel like a smart ass.

Moreover u get to not pay rent? What do y want? U r greedy!! What if they pay u 150k n u have to pay ur rent. Lets say 2 bedroom flat in a nice area at 40k a month. You fathom in transport n still work lae at night??
One thing i ve come to realise in kife is that where some see opportunities, others see challenges and neotism and hatred and unfairness!!

Garner the experience. Or keep job searching n srarving at home with ur family. 80k vs joblessness n begging which do u prefer?

sgtponzihater:
I received the worst humiliation of my life today. Let me go a little back in time. There's this organisation who's name has gained so much acclaim that I thought those working there are swimming in money.

A friend gave me a privileged info that they are recruiting. I thanked him dearly and thought I had hit jackpot. Next days I polished my shoes kissed my kid on the forehead and headed for the company with my CV and carefully crafted cover letter. Few weeks later I was called for an interview and I did justice to the interview and impressed the interviewers. I was told I would be selected but that I had to resume month ending however I can move into a mini flat within the company premises because the work will require some days of night working.

I was happy at least my people we see daddy as scarce. I packed some of my things and started enjoying my new cribs. Few days to the end of the month I decided to ask the HR how much my pay would be and he told me 80k. I immediately felt like crying. 80k can't possibly sustain me, my wife, my kid and my galfriend. I told him outrightly that it was too small. He then said he will ask his boss so he can add something then he will get back to me tomorrow.

My question is how do I reject this job that I already accepted with a firm hand shake. And how do I suddenly park my bag and baggages out of the premises. I am so confused.

Your boy

Sgt Ponzi Hater

I

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 30, 2017
sorepco:
The hr guy said u should wait so he can ask the boss for a small raise for u. U r on the other hand r looking for a way out. U r incredoulous!!
Y not wait n c whst they offer. Negotiate ur wages favourably since u feel like a smart ass.

Moreover u get to not pay rent? What do y want? U r greedy!! What if they pay u 150k n u have to pay ur rent. Lets say 2 bedroom flat in a nice area at 40k a month. You fathom in transport n still work lae at night??
One thing i ve come to realise in kife is that where some see opportunities, others see challenges and neotism and hatred and unfairness!!

Garner the experience. Or keep job searching n srarving at home with ur family. 80k vs joblessness n begging which do u prefer?

Thanks for the advice they mean alot
Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by graphiti: 8:37am On Mar 30, 2017
sgtponzihater:
I received the worst humiliation of my life today. Let me go a little back in time. There's this organisation who's name has gained so much acclaim that I thought those working there are swimming in money.

A friend gave me a privileged info that they are recruiting. I thanked him dearly and thought I had hit jackpot. Next days I polished my shoes kissed my kid on the forehead and headed for the company with my CV and carefully crafted cover letter. Few weeks later I was called for an interview and I did justice to the interview and impressed the interviewers. I was told I would be selected but that I had to resume month ending however I can move into a mini flat within the company premises because the work will require some days of night working.

I was happy at least my people we see daddy as scarce. I packed some of my things and started enjoying my new cribs. Few days to the end of the month I decided to ask the HR how much my pay would be and he told me 80k. I immediately felt like crying. 80k can't possibly sustain me, my wife, my kid and my galfriend. I told him outrightly that it was too small. He then said he will ask his boss so he can add something then he will get back to me tomorrow.

My question is how do I reject this job that I already accepted with a firm hand shake. And how do I suddenly park my bag and baggages out of the premises. I am so confused.

Your boy

Sgt Ponzi Hater

I

My take: This company can definitely offer more than 80k but since they could perceive ur desperation 4 d job {by not negotiating d salary b4 resumption of duty}, dts why dey played smart on u.

Your failure to negotiate ur salary gave u away as someone in desperation and they keyed into Ds self~inflicted loophole!

Working 4 close 2 a month b4 asking what ur salary is?

Nna meeenn, u shot urself in d foot!
#putting~d~cart~b4~d~horse

If u have a better offer, then go 4 it , if not, my gye, except u are a highly expedient professional and can decide 2 call their bluff, u are stuck!
Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by Coolgent(m): 8:39am On Mar 30, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
I'm married with 3 children, but Dat doesn't stop me from having girlfriends(not attachments, just girl-friend"wink.The OP is probably a free giver
Bro galfriend abi na assistant Wife.
But wait... A lot of Men will do the unthinkable when their find out that their Wife have boyfrien
Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 30, 2017
sgtponzihater:

Can u marry a man earning 80k?
yes I can, one needs to start from the scratch + rome was not built in a day.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 30, 2017
Cool story.

An guy who takes another job without getting an offer letter indicating his salary?

A grown man and not a desperate illiterate?

HR manager promises to talk to oga to increase your salary? Who do you think decides salaries in the first place?

Op did not do any research on pay scale, but rushed to craft cv and cover letter?

Bullshit or op is as dumb as a sack of bricks.
Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by ipobarecriminals: 8:44am On Mar 30, 2017
Coolgent:

Bro galfriend abi na assistant Wife.
But wait... A lot of Men will do the unthinkable when their find out that their Wife have boyfrien
My Oyinkan nor get rival. I don't drink,smoke, partying,eat outside. From my office, nah home straight. I don't have time for frivolity. My wife know all my Gfriends

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by Coolgent(m): 8:47am On Mar 30, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
My Oyinkan nor get rival. I don't drink,smoke, partying,eat outside. From my office, nah home straight. I don't have time for frivolity. My wife know all my Gfriends
Thats Good

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by oladiaraba: 8:52am On Mar 30, 2017
sgtponzihater:

Your boy

Sgt Ponzi Hater

I
Abeg bro, mk i come take over the job...God will surely give you another one...abeg send me your mail to forward my cv....
Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 30, 2017
graphiti:

My take: This company can definitely offer more than 80k but since they could perceive ur desperation 4 d job {by not negotiating d salary b4 resumption of duty}, dts why dey played smart on u.

Your failure to negotiate ur salary gave u away as someone in desperation and they keyed into Ds self~inflicted loophole!

Working 4 close 2 a month b4 asking what ur salary is?

Nna meeenn, u shot urself in d foot!
#putting~d~cart~b4~d~horse

If u have a better offer, then go 4 it , if not, my gye, except u are a highly expedient professional and can decide 2 call their bluff, u are stuck!

I agree with you. I was kind of desperate for some more money. But I have decided to man up and reject the offer. I am a king and a millionaire inside. No one can price me cheap.
Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by Lexusgs430: 8:54am On Mar 30, 2017
Don't reject the job, at least for the sake of your galfriend. How do you meet her financial needs if you tactfully refuse this job ?
Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 30, 2017
charles009:
Story is cooked, cannever be true. Even my security men ask me, oga how much u go pay us, from your cooked story, u should know salary is first call ..

I definitely had an idea how much was paid to d person working there previously. I totally assumed it was the same pay since it's d same job. He was actually paid 150k. So telling me 80k now came as a rude angry shock to me. I totally assumed I will get 150k when the month ends.
Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 30, 2017
sorepco:

Don't mind him. Some people are just greedy and unrealistic, in this recession. He should thank God he's getting 80k every month. If he's good at his job, he may have a raise as the years go by.
He's even calculating his gf expenses join. Smmhhj.
Guys like the op, no like himself and his future.
God has given u job of 80k and free accommodation u dey reject..

Please op, reject the offer and pack from that apartment.. U don't deserve it.
Go back. To where u are coming from. And keep waiting for a dream job.. U hear?
Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 30, 2017
alexialin:

Don't mind him. Some people are just greedy and unrealistic, in this recession. He should thank God he's getting 80k every month. If he's good at his job, he may have a raise as the years go by.
He's even calculating his gf expenses join. Smmhhj.
Guys like the op, no like himself and his future.
God has given u job of 80k and free accommodation u dey reject..

Please op, reject the offer and pack from that apartment.. U don't deserve it.
Go back. To where u are coming from. And keep waiting for a dream job.. U hear?

Recession have made cost of services rendered in the company go up so why should salaries go down.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 30, 2017
sgtponzihater:

I agree with you. I was kind of desperate for some more money. But I have decided to man up and reject the offer. I am a king and a millionaire inside. No one can price me cheap.

Please reject it now!

The same mindset my younger brother had.. Now where is he now? Shebi he said he's a millionaire inside.. Smhhhhh. He out there still waiting for that dream job.. E neck Don long extra due to hunger cos he's too proud to beg for money and he doesn't want a reasonable job offer.. I pity guys like you.. And I pity your wife and kids the more.

I got to where I am today because of humility and wise decisions.. And I would say am at the top of my career. Some. Of my neighbors thought am doing Ogun owo. But they are also confused, if she's doing such.. Who is she using for it.. Lol..
I laugh at some people's foolishness sha.
When I was paying. My dues humbly ..nobody took notes o. But when one is now reaping the blessings of patience, diligence, hardwork..mehn real hardwork and prayer that wraps it up.. People. Will start saying. Rubbish of what they don't understand.

Op leave that premises Now!
U know u are a millionaire and king. Miniflat is below your net worth value.. Lol

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 30, 2017
sgtponzihater:

Recession have made cost of services rendered in the company go up so why should salaries go down.

Do u know how many companies have shut down due to this recession?
Do u know how. Many companies that struggling to pay even half salary?
Do u know how many people are laid off and now in labour. Market looking for any job.. Just any job
I bet u don't know

That's why I said reject this job.. It's below your status. grin
Don't u get?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by MRWINSOME: 9:20am On Mar 30, 2017
the problem is not the pay but the unnecessary load you added to yourself,am sure your wife will be able to manage whatever you give to her but your so called girlfriend won't be able to.thats y most men don't know how to plan for the future
Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by deathwing(m): 9:32am On Mar 30, 2017
So you moved into official premises without knowing your salary. Yimu. Story. Go and find children to lie to.

sgtponzihater:

Your boy

Sgt Ponzi Hater

I
Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 30, 2017
In my opinion, OP should walk straight to his boss and tell him exactly what he wants. If his boss becomes defensive, he too should become defensive. At he end of the day, something must give.
Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by sisisioge: 9:37am On Mar 30, 2017
Chai! You should have asked for the pay before moving in. Anyways, begin to move your things back, in fact move your entire family but remain there until they revert to you on the new offer. If it still can't sustain your dependants, just tell them to give you 24r to think about it and get back to them. Within that time, pack your bags and send them a regret mail. Finish!
Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 30, 2017
deathwing:
So you moved into official premises without knowing your salary. Yimu. Story. Go and find children to lie to.

You have no clue of what the time is saying it's obvious.
Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 30, 2017
sisisioge:
Chai! You should have asked for the pay before moving in. Anyways, begin to move your things back, in fact move your entire family but remain there until they revert to you on the new offer. If it still can't sustain your dependants, just tell them to give you 24r to think about it and get back to them. Within that time, pack your bags and send them a regret mail. Finish!

Wow. This is d best advice so far. This answers all my question. I really really appreciate. That's what I'll simply do today. My family don't stay in d mini-flat however because they'll block some of my movements. I will simply tell them to give me 24hrs then bolts off like Usain Bolt.

God bless you loads.
Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by sisisioge: 10:07am On Mar 30, 2017
sgtponzihater:

Wow. This is d best advice so far. This answers all my question. I really really appreciate. That's what I'll simply do today. My family don't stay in d mini-flat however because they'll block some of my movements. I will simply tell them to give me 24hrs then bolts off like Usain Bolt.

God bless you loads.

You're welcome.
Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by apollo13(m): 10:13am On Mar 30, 2017
duduade:
Loool... So you can't manage 80k...

E be like say hungry never wire you and your family not forgetting your extra "one leg".... I like your honesty... But Dude, you have got to hang on to it o...
Leave am! E be like say extra cash dey enter for am somewhere, go back home and wait till your wife starts showing you her true colours, women and money Na 5&6 o,like the yorubas will say, person Wey get head no get cap, and person Wey get cap no get head.
Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by apollo13(m): 10:19am On Mar 30, 2017
ifeoluwaelle:
yes I can, one needs to start from the scratch + rome was not built in a day.
God bless u for this one! Leave them make Dem dey wait for person Wey dey earn six figures.
Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 30, 2017
apollo13:

God bless u for this one! Leave them make Dem dey wait for person Wey dey earn six figures.

Don't allow what a lady says fool you. They only say such to seem noble.
Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by omolorlarh: 10:27am On Mar 30, 2017
sgtponzihater:

Your boy

Sgt Ponzi Hater

I
I so much detest people that cheat.
Imagine,someone that hasn't gotten his bearing is talking of girlfriend. You can still manage till you get another job if you plan well. Stop wasting your precious time and money on girlfriends that can't even give you #50 when you are broke.
Re: How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. by sorepco(m): 10:35am On Mar 30, 2017
Y wud u bolt off? Y not negotiate a better offer? Anyman who runs a bizness is open to discussions.

Get yo the boss and tell him the offer cant sustain you. Let him know u ve an ieabof what he paid the last guy. I know he will that guy had more expereience n it took him awhile to earn 150k. Tell him u can start at 130k.

Dont run away. Negitiate ur worth. If he says no u can now write a rejection letter. U can even use it in future job searches to let future employers know u value ur worth!!

I RRPEST... DONT BOLT LIKE HUSSEIN BOLT!!

sgtponzihater:

God bless you loads.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Work At Home Taking Survey (IMPORTANT UPDATE) / He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs / I Need Direction From Yaba To Lekki Phase 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.