Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,159 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Yahooo00! A History Is Made, Us Senate Passes Landmark Healthcare Reform Bill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yahooo00! A History Is Made, Us Senate Passes Landmark Healthcare Reform Bill (692 Views)

Senate Passes 46 Bills In 10mins / War Against Graft: Jonathan Signs Pension Reform Bill 2014 Into Law / Photos Of President Goodluck Jonathan Signing Pension Reform Bill Into Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahooo00! A History Is Made, Us Senate Passes Landmark Healthcare Reform Bill by princekevo(m): 4:56pm On Dec 24, 2009
US senators have passed the final Senate version of a historic healthcare reform bill.

The bill aims to cover 31m uninsured Americans and could lead to the biggest change in US healthcare in decades.

President Barack Obama welcomed it as offering "real and meaningful" reform, saying it was the most important piece of social legislation since the 1930s.
The Senate bill was adopted by 60 votes to 39, with senators voting along party lines.

Fifty-eight Democrats and two independents backed the legislation, while Republicans voted unanimously against it.

"This is a victory for the American people," Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said after the vote.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8429345.stm.

I know the bill has been watered down in some ways, but an average American still have something to celebrate on for the Christmas. Am so happy about this though am not a benefitiary, this is really a positive turn-around on America's health care system. It worths celebrating!!!
Re: Yahooo00! A History Is Made, Us Senate Passes Landmark Healthcare Reform Bill by Favormi(m): 5:10pm On Dec 24, 2009
Its a good thing 4 d Americans. Does it happened in Nigeria?,
Re: Yahooo00! A History Is Made, Us Senate Passes Landmark Healthcare Reform Bill by princekevo(m): 5:20pm On Dec 24, 2009
Favormi:

Its a good thing 4 d Americans. Does it happened in Nigeria?,
Is good to be happy at others success, there you can learn how to be successful.
So Nigeria should learn from them.
Re: Yahooo00! A History Is Made, Us Senate Passes Landmark Healthcare Reform Bill by biina: 6:01pm On Dec 24, 2009
princekevo:

Is good to be happy at others success, there you can learn how to be successful.
So Nigeria should learn from them.
so the recently passed bill has been deemed a success? undecided
You need to stop doing follow follow, instead think of your own problems and how to solve them.
Re: Yahooo00! A History Is Made, Us Senate Passes Landmark Healthcare Reform Bill by kosovo(m): 6:21pm On Dec 24, 2009
Fifty-eight Democrats and two independents backed the legislation, while Republicans voted unanimously against it.

Re: Yahooo00! A History Is Made, Us Senate Passes Landmark Healthcare Reform Bill by Fhemmmy: 5:52am On Dec 25, 2009
This is what i call real politics.
They disagree in the house and they still have dinner together, without having to worry about someone killing them
Unlike in Nigeria, where a man has to watch his back just cos they cant agree on policy.
Re: Yahooo00! A History Is Made, Us Senate Passes Landmark Healthcare Reform Bill by Knight1(m): 6:25am On Dec 25, 2009
@poster
You try o but you are just making some of sadder as we remember our own senate that is too lazy/spineless to remove a lame,(literally) duck and let nigerians have a president!!!
Congrats to the average american citizen sha
Re: Yahooo00! A History Is Made, Us Senate Passes Landmark Healthcare Reform Bill by princekevo(m): 1:50pm On Dec 25, 2009
biina:

so the recently passed bill has been deemed a success? undecided
You need to stop doing follow follow, instead think of your own problems and how to solve them.
My guy is not all about follow follow. We have a universal law. What is right is right in any part of the world. What they just did is the right thing in a right way, which will remain right in any part of the world. You cant tell me doing the right thing becos other didit means follow follow. You better wake up.
Re: Yahooo00! A History Is Made, Us Senate Passes Landmark Healthcare Reform Bill by naijatoday: 10:19pm On Dec 25, 2009
Bad bill
Re: Yahooo00! A History Is Made, Us Senate Passes Landmark Healthcare Reform Bill by biina: 10:48pm On Dec 25, 2009
princekevo:

My guy is not all about follow follow. We have a universal law. What is right is right in any part of the world. What they just did is the right thing in a right way, which will remain right in any part of the world. You cant tell me doing the right thing becos other didit means follow follow. You better wake up.
Universal law? thats quite hilarious. So in the past, when they hadn't passed the bill, they were doing the wrong things in the wrong way? undecided
There is nothing to say that the proposed changes will bring an overall improvement to the lifes of the people.
What is right is what is in the best interest of the people, and that varies from country to country, and scenario by scenario. The diversity in system of governance among the developed nations is evidence of this.
Re: Yahooo00! A History Is Made, Us Senate Passes Landmark Healthcare Reform Bill by paddylo1(m): 12:53am On Dec 26, 2009
@princekevo

wetin concern abgero with overload. . .
why u dey drink panadol for another man headache. . .
abeg carry go jare. . .
Re: Yahooo00! A History Is Made, Us Senate Passes Landmark Healthcare Reform Bill by princekevo(m): 6:07am On Dec 26, 2009
biina:

Universal law? thats quite hilarious. So in the past, when they hadn't passed the bill, they were doing the wrong things in the wrong way? undecided
There is nothing to say that the proposed changes will bring an overall improvement to the lifes of the people.
What is right is what is in the best interest of the people, and that varies from country to country, and scenario by scenario. The diversity in system of governance among the developed nations is evidence of this.

I wont be going down this road again, we have argued this health care bill on here many times . IF You think it is right for 40million Americans to live without health care insurance, jst becoz they cant afford to buy one, or due to the pre-existing medical History. And i don't see anything wrong in passing a Health care bill that covers 30million out of 40million of these uninsured.
paddy_lo:

@princekevo

wetin concern abgero with overload. . .
why u dey drink panadol for another man headache. . .
abeg carry go jare. . .
Ask now. Am happy coz i have some American frens who have waited for this opportunity to come. Some frens who are already at the vague of bankruptcy as result high cost of medical bills. Why? becoz they have no health insurance policy.
Re: Yahooo00! A History Is Made, Us Senate Passes Landmark Healthcare Reform Bill by biina: 7:39am On Dec 26, 2009
princekevo:

I wont be going down this road again, we have argued this health care bill on here many times .  IF You think it is right for 40million Americans to live without health care insurance, jst becoz they cant afford to buy one, or due to the pre-existing medical History. And i don't see anything wrong in passing a Health care bill that covers 30million out of 40million of these uninsured. Ask now.
You miss the point. The health care bill is for Americans, and irrespective of the objectives, its success (or otherwise) can only be judged after due time. Yet, how does this affect the price of fish for the average Nigerian? undecided
Your post simply carries the luggage of others on its head, while dragging its own along. undecided

princekevo:

Ask now. Am happy coz i have some American frens who have waited for this opportunity to come. Some frens who are already at the vague of bankruptcy as result high cost of medical bills. Why? becoz they have no health insurance policy.
If you feel like celebrating with your American friends, please go and do it on an American board, or at the least carry am go foreign affairs section. A Nigerian proclaiming the passing of an American centered bill, like if its the second coming of Christ, is evidence of misplaced priorities.

(1) (Reply)

Re / Story of a Nigerian terrorist / Selling Off African States To Developed Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.