Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,605 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes - Celebrities (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes (65974 Views)

MTV Base Top 20 Nigerian Artistes Of 2019 / Abby Zeus Shades Nigerian Artistes For Having Small Joystick / 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Okohlient(m): 10:28am On Apr 02, 2017
<b>
Nairalanders u guys re really pretenders here.
90% of pple here re complaing abt Nigerian artistes.
Even those who have their complete album in their devices re also complaing.
Later u same pple will b on their social media acc nd be begging them to sign u to their record label or to make u blow.
If u guys think its easy to sing rubbish nd make money from it why nt sing urz to blow nd make money too.
Am not suprise tho, thats another tin that makes us 'Nigerians', criticism da our body.
Even if foreign musicians are for us, we will still criticize them.
So no b new thing sha.

</b>
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Produke(m): 2:32pm On Apr 02, 2017
paradigmshift:

your IQ is proportional to how you reason.erigga spit lmao
Phillip Emeagwali,I greet you.Mr.I.Q
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by spacyzuma(m): 1:59pm On Apr 04, 2017
Joavid:

You're so right.
for instance, the first time I heard pana, I hated it and I still think it's a terrible senseless song but then everywhere I go, it's been played, I did not know when I started to move to the beats and mime the lyrics.

but I would never have it in my playlist.

I have less than 15 Naija songs on my playlist. Brymo being the dominant artist.

Likewise.

I typically avoid Nigerian music. The only Nigerian artistes that I would quickly listen to their new song are MI, Asa and maybe 2face.
Majority of the rest just use good beats & instrumentals to sing ridiculous trash.
But sometimes, the beat & instrumentals are just so good that you just can't help liking the song. Eg: Tekno's Pana and Marvin's Dorobucci. I love those songs and can never get tired of singing them. P-Square are also adept at using beats/instrumentals to make nice songs with silly or dumb lyrics.

Anyway, my Nigerian playlist is quite substantial with more than 100 songs dating from the 1980s. I've been collecting them since 2002. smiley
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 04, 2017
spacyzuma:

Likewise.

I typically avoid Nigerian music. The only Nigerian artistes that I would quickly listen to their new song are MI, Asa and maybe 2face.
Majority of the rest just use good beats & instrumentals to sing ridiculous trash.
But sometimes, the beat & instrumentals are just so good that you just can't help liking the song. Eg: Tekno's Pana and Marvin's Dorobucci. I love those songs and can never get tired of singing them. P-Square are also adept at using beats/instrumentals to make nice songs with silly or dumb lyrics.

Anyway, my Nigerian playlist is quite substantial with more than 100 songs dating from the 1980s. I've been collecting them since 2002. smiley

you got it!

What makes Nigerian music is the beat and instrumentals.

The beat just moves right through you and you can't help it
but how come you still have music you collected since 2002 shocked I don't even have my 2010 pictures.
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by spacyzuma(m): 2:59pm On Apr 04, 2017
Joavid:

you got it!
What makes Nigerian music is the beat and instrumentals.
The beat just moves right through you and you can't help it
but how come you still have music you collected since 2002 shocked I don't even have my 2010 pictures.
I'm a data hoarder, and I'm quite meticulous about it.
I've been ripping, collecting, downloading songs for almost 2 decades, right from when my dad bought a desktop for the house around 1998.
My music library is now more than 12GB large with several thousand songs, and I'm still maintaining it by deleting unwanted songs and adding new discoveries.

I'm also paranoid about losing all my data, so I have several backups. My first External HArd Disk crashed in 2010, and I lost a lot of valuable data. Since then, I'm always careful to backup important files and folders.
I have a 4TB External HDD for all my data (movies, pictures, music, programs, documents, disk images)
I have a 2TB ExHDD for just my videos which I bring to Nigeria for people to copy from.
I backup the music folder (12GB) to the cloud (OneDrive).
I backup my important documents to Dropbox.

smiley wink

2 Likes

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 04, 2017
spacyzuma:

I've been ripping, collecting, downloading songs for almost 2 decades, right from when my dad bought a desktop for the house around 1998.
My music library is now more than 12GB large with several thousand songs, and I'm still maintaining it by deleting unwanted songs and adding new discoveries.

I'm also paranoid about losing all my data, so I have several backups. My first External HArd Disk crashed in 2010, and I lost a lot of valuable data. Since then, I'm always careful to backup important files and folders.
I have a 4TB External HDD for all my data (movies, pictures, music, programs, documents, disk images)
I have a 2TB ExHDD for just my videos which I bring to Nigeria for people to copy from.

smiley wink

2 Likes

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Synord(m): 5:20pm On Apr 04, 2017
spacyzuma:

smiley wink

Sir,can you help me Send the best of these old school songs to my email. .and I have a business idea, why not start up an old school music blog or website
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by spacyzuma(m): 9:12am On Apr 13, 2017
Synord:

Sir,can you help me Send the best of these old school songs to my email. .and I have a business idea, why not start up an old school music blog or website

I could upload them to the cloud over the weekend and share with you. Please drop your email.

I have had that business idea for years, but I fail to see how it can make a profit, especially as downloading songs for free is now so easy and mainstream...and music-streaming services like Spotify are already in action...and the cost of hosting the blog for years...

All I do now is just share such songs freely to those who want them as I also got them freely.

My quest is still to find music and videos of some popular Nigerian songs of the 70s, 80s & early 90s that have faded away. Some people with similar vision like me have found some videos and uploaded to youtube (I've forgotten the channel).

Below are some songs I'm still looking for despite searching online for more than 10 years. sad

Sonny Okosun - Hidden Agenda album (1993/4). I will cry the day I finally find this album.
Daniel Wilson - Obirin Dada; Heartbreaker
Brenda Fassie - Her entire early discography before 1997
Alex O - Banana; and his other popular songs
Lorinne Okotie - We are heirs of the father; Come and see the lord in my house;
Onyeka Onwenu - Nne'm Nne'm; and other songs

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Synord(m): 10:45am On Apr 13, 2017
spacyzuma:

I could upload them to the cloud over the weekend and share with you. Please drop your email.

I have had that business idea for years, but I fail to see how it can make a profit, especially as downloading songs for free is now so easy and mainstream...and music-streaming services like Spotify are already in action...and the cost of hosting the blog for years...

All I do now is just share such songs freely to those who want them as I also got them freely.

My quest is still to find music and videos of some popular Nigerian songs of the 70s, 80s & early 90s that have faded away. Some people with similar vision like me have found some videos and uploaded to youtube (I've forgotten the channel).

Below are some songs I'm still looking for despite searching online for more than 10 years. sad

Sonny Okosun - Hidden Agenda album (1993/4). I will cry the day I finally find this album.
Daniel Wilson - Obirin Dada; Heartbreaker
Brenda Fassie - Her entire early discography before 1997
Alex O - Banana; and his other popular songs
Lorinne Okotie - We are heirs of the father; Come and see the lord in my house;
Onyeka Onwenu - Nne'm Nne'm; and other songs

Concerning the issue of profit, yes profit will come ..But not necessarily from the old school songs..The old school songs will serve as a segment in a more broad collection of topics and with hundreds of other music lovers looking for these old national treasures of ours, traffic is driven to the blog , AdSense booms and popularity ensures increased ranking leading to more adverts..

my email is idsam600@gmail.com

I have someone that possesses Alex O songs including banana

1 Like

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by spacyzuma(m): 1:46pm On Apr 20, 2017
Synord:

Concerning the issue of profit, yes profit will come ..But not necessarily from the old school songs..The old school songs will serve as a segment in a more broad collection of topics and with hundreds of other music lovers looking for these old national treasures of ours, traffic is driven to the blog , AdSense booms and popularity ensures increased ranking leading to more adverts..

my email is idsam600@gmail.com

I have someone that possesses Alex O songs including banana

I've sent you a link to the folder with the songs.
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Synord(m): 9:03pm On Apr 28, 2017
spacyzuma:

I didn't see it sir
idsam600@gmail.com sir
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Synord(m): 9:03pm On Apr 28, 2017
spacyzuma:

I didn't see it sir
idsam600@gmail.com sir
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by saintjoel(m): 11:27pm On May 31, 2017
spacyzuma:

Help send to jelad.venturess@gmail.com too, thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by spacyzuma(m): 7:55am On Jun 01, 2017
saintjoel:

Help send to jelad.venturess@gmail.com too, thanks and God bless.

I will, but can't do it right now.

Just remind me with a mention or PM this night
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by WizJesus007(m): 3:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
Bruh..you need to check ur list again....get Ycee and OBO outta dat list plz!
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by mayweather145: 9:27pm On Jun 02, 2017
wat is davido is overated ? wat is connection and money ? is DAT wat put d music in ur Ear? did e force anybody to listen and dance to is music? did u write dami duro for him? its obvious wizkid fans are behind dis to bring o.b
o down. men some artiste are fucking rich yet dey no blow, y will u say davido is using connection in d industry ? connection to who ? he do is music and ppl love it so much, he does shows all over Africa thousands comes . is he d one DAT force dem to come? hell no dis guy is blessed. so haters stop hating davido. y don't u put wizkid in d list DAT use to sing I want ur body in my bed tinibu eleyin, otedola eleyin. Bleep haters.
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Synord(m): 8:13pm On Jun 10, 2017
WizJesus007:
Bruh..you need to check ur list again....get Ycee and OBO outta dat list plz!

Lol really
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by saintjoel(m): 1:13am On Jun 11, 2017
spacyzuma:

I will, but can't do it right now.

Just remind me with a mention or PM this night

Reminder
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by austine4real(m): 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2017
phinaluv:
Op u just said my mind Mr EAZI is too overrated

happy birthday to u

llnp

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Jim Lawson Maduike Is Dead / Burna Boy Was Stopped From Fighting Some Area Boys At The Jetty (Video) / Etta Ng Chok Lam And Andi Autum, Lesbian Lovers Homeless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.