Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,314 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes (65972 Views)

MTV Base Top 20 Nigerian Artistes Of 2019 / Abby Zeus Shades Nigerian Artistes For Having Small Joystick / 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Synord(m): 1:00pm On Mar 31, 2017
asanwa101:
Davido is hard working tbh, y'all only see the money he has and feel everything is connection...if you know him personally,you won't be saying this

My sister... Me and DMW artiste , Ichaba are pals...I know how hardworking davido is ...I never said he wasn't hardworking.

but he is overrated...How can people even compare davido to wizkid I don't get

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 31, 2017
GetUmad:

No hypocrite here, Mate. No one is saying their foreign counterpart is better. We all know they sing trash, so much trash as well. However, it's excusable if out of 10 tracks or songs with your name, only about 40% one can't relate with based on its high level of incoherence. What then do you make of a Nigerian artist just like that Eazi and Tecno that if we are to import all their lyrics here you'd hardly find a song with complete sense.

By the way, there's a huge difference between being vulgar and being incoherent. Some of the songs you posted up there were not incongruous but mere profanity. We've got Artists who are known purely for profane languages back in Nigeria and they're already known for that, Terry G as a bold example. No one is bringing him into this cos we all already know he's not there to give you music wey make sense, even him dey talk am. Meanwhile, if you give me 5 Chris Brown's songs that are sorta meaningless I would give you 6 that are meaningful. Can same be said about your guyz here?

I'm hardly a fan of any of the guys on the list so am not saying this from a fan's perspective and yes the lyrics i posted above are not just vulgar but also ridiculously meaningless. What am trying to say is its okay to think someone is overrated but trying to put people down by saying they got nothing to offer is over the top because they got something(entertainment) to offer.
Picture this, at your birthday party your DJ plays "Pray for me", "Wish me well" etc. Do u think ur friends will stay back as opposed to these "overrated" artistes songs that will get their groove on.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by GetUmad: 1:41pm On Mar 31, 2017
Henryyy:

I'm hardly a fan of any of the guys on the list so am not saying this from a fan's perspective and yes the lyrics i posted above are not just vulgar but also ridiculously meaningless. What am trying to say is its okay to think someone is overrated but trying to put people down by saying they got nothing to offer is over the top because they got something(entertainment) to offer.
Picture this, at your birthday party your DJ plays "Pray for me", "Wish me well" etc. Do u think ur friends will stay back as opposed to these "overrated" artistes songs that will get their groove on.

Guy, are you for real? You mean lyrics like this I copied below is in any part meaningful or make a complete sense like those ones you pasted?
Someone pls help us JUDGE WITH NO SENTIMENT.

COMPARE THIS ;

[Intro – Mr Eazi & Tekno]
It’s your boy Eazi
Alhaji Tekno
Zaga dat
Life so Eazi
MaleekBerry
Ooh berry pon this – oooh oh
[Verse 1 – Mr Eazi]
Way you are shining
The way you hold me down
Hold my hand
Baby girl hold my hand
When she Eazi fine
Will you be my ride or die
And we no go die
Baby we’ll only fly
[Hook]
I want this caro
Give me your love Caro
Make I talk to you Caro
Make I peep for your window
Peep for your window
Oya kiss me Caro
Talk to me Caro
I want to hold you Caro (ooh oh)
I love you – I love you
[Chorus]
Hold me down like a short skirt oh
Will you hold me down
Will you hold me down
Hold me down like a short skirt OH

[Bridge]
My baby go down
go down down down go down
I wana see my ladies go down
Pretty ladies go down
[Verse 2 – Tekno]
Pull up in a Bughatti
Baby girl you can look at it
You liking this Versachi
It is fake but the real one I can buy it
Zaga dat
Abeg na you are 2daful
Them other girls them are wonderful
Your body round and colourful
[Hook]
I want this Caro
Give me your love Caro
Make I talk to you Caro
Make I peep for your window
Peep for your window
kiss me Caro
Talk to me Caro
I want to hold you Caro (ooh oh)
I love you, I love you
[Chorus]
Will you hold me down
Will you hold me down
[Post Hook/Chorus]
My baby go down
I wana see my ladies go down
Pretty ladies go down

WITH THIS;

BIRTHDAY CAKE (REMIX)"
(FEAT. CHRIS BROWN)
Come and put your name on it (put your name on it)
Come and put your name on it (your name)
Bet you wanna put your name on it (put your name on it)
Come and put your name on it
It’s not even my birthday
But he wanna lick the icing off
I know you want it in the worst way (the worst way)
Can’t wait to blow my candles out
He want that cake, cake, cake…
(You wanna put your name on it)
Ooh baby I like it, it’s so exciting
Don’t try to hide it
I’mma make you my Dam
Cake, cake, cake… [repeated]
(You wanna put your name on it)
I know you wanna bite this
It’s so enticing
Nothing else like this
I’mma make you my Dam
And it’s not even my birthday (my birthday)
But you wanna put your name on it
And it’s not even my birthday (my birthday, my birthday)
And he trying to put his name on it
[Chris Brown]
Legggo
Girl I wanna Bleep you right now (right now)
Been a long time, I’ve been missing your body
Let me-let me turn the lights down
When I go down, it’s a private party
Ooooh, it’s not even her birthday
But I wanna lick the icing off
Give it to her in the worst way
Can’t wait to blow her candles out
I want that cake, cake cake….
Don’t try to hide it
I’mma make you my Dam
Cake cake cake cake….
Don’t try to hide it
I’mma make you my Dam
Cake cake cake cake….
[Chris Brown]
Doggy want the kitty
Give me a heart attack and throw it back
Now watch me get it
And I knew thiss but you the poo
Damn, girl you pretty
Blowing out your candles, let me make a couple wishes

Agreed both of them fall under the category of non-inspiring songs, Which of the two lyrics above one could still manage to make a sense out of in terms having meaning (though sort of vulgar) and not just muddling up words and sentences that are not even remotely related.
I mean if you for example, study three lines of each, which one has a complete meaning and which one sounds like that of 2-year old child who just started leaning how to mutter words.

OK. For clarity, imma combine the first 5 lines of each song to form a sentence.

***This***
" Way you are shining The way you hold me down
Hold my hand, Baby girl hold my hand, When she Eazi fine, Will you be my ride or die, And we no go die, Baby we’ll only fly. "

***or***

" Come and put your name on it (your name)
Bet you wanna put your name on it (put your name on it), Come and put your name on it, It’s not even my birthday. But he wanna lick the icing off, I know you want it in the worst way (the worst way). Can’t wait to blow my candles out. He want that cake, cake, cake… "

***This***
Pull up in a Bugatti, Baby girl you can look at it. You liking this Versachi, It is fake but the real one I can buy it. Zaga Dat. Abeg na you are 2daful. Them other girls them are wonderful. Your body round and colourful
"

***Or ***

" Girl I wanna Bleep you right now (right now). Been a long time, I’ve been missing your body, Let me-let me turn the lights down, When I go down, it’s a private party. Ooooh, it’s not even her birthday, But I wanna lick the icing off, Give it to her in the worst way
Can’t wait to blow her candles out. "

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by gabi101(m): 1:53pm On Mar 31, 2017
Jewelnutch:

"the first thread I see."
Haha, mothherfuccker can't place tenses well.. Or has goals to continue checking my profile till infinity.

lmao...demn! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by freaklesschild(m): 2:27pm On Mar 31, 2017
Synord:

My sister... Me and DMW artiste , Ichaba are pals...I know how hardworking davido is ...I never said he wasn't hardworking.

but he is overrated...How can people even compare davido to wizkid I don't get
grow up and face ur own life , if u like talk till next 5 years , that won't stop him from reaching greater height , he already have fan base that would die for him and would follow him up in any condition , work on doing something tangible so u can be celebrated also

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by freaklesschild(m): 2:32pm On Mar 31, 2017
Basic123:
I like the word "planets"....they dont come close at all.

Styl plus are the all time underrated to me.Good,full lyrics not one line chorus and 2 lines solo,Angelic voices with variety and good rythm.I really miss them.
who know no say na wizkid fan create all dis thing to bring davido down kontinue and let see where dis will lead to, davido is already blessed , kill ur self , i will support u guys in doing so one by one

2 Likes

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by GetUmad: 2:32pm On Mar 31, 2017
People can you imagine the lyrics of a song?

ekno – Yawa Lyrics
DOWNLOAD AUDIO
[Verse 1]
Monica no be today
Me and you don dey fight e don tey
I no go pursue woman I go change my ways
I go reduce the panana
I no go do it again oh
[Chorus]
If you leave me yawa go dey (See gobe)
Baby Yawa go dey
My Baby if you leave me yawa go dey (see gobe)
Baby yawa go dey oh
Only you go chop belle full
I no go play you for A fool
No be April fool
This is how i used to do
No be April fool
Cassava for two
Baby all for you…
[Hook]
Oh my baby forgive oh
I no go do it again
Oh my baby forgive oh
I no go do it again oh
[Verse 2]
Baby i no get excuse
Her body do kunfu
You say pilo no be fine
She do me one by two eh
Oyemu aki alcohol
Na hin i shack shaki all
My eye come dey turn I come dey fall oh
Na hin she catch me
[Chorus]
Baby Yawa go dey
Baby yawa go dey oh
No be April fool
This is how i used to do
No be April fool
Cassava for two
Baby all for you…
[Bridge]
I’ll stay away from these girls, all of me for you
I’ll go blind on sisters, gat my eyes on you
Anything you want make me do, i do
Baby i cross my heart for you
And i’ll go gaga for you
Forget Diana for you
Anything you want make me do, i do yeah
I’ll show my love for you, yea
My baby boo.. and you should know oh
[Chorus]
Baby If you leave me yawa go dey (See gobe)
Baby Yawa go dey
Baby yawa go dey oh
Only you go chop belle full {wetin she dey chop? The yawa or what cos I can't remember where this all started from}
No be April fool
This is how i used to do
No be April fool
Cassava for two ~~ and what's the correlation btw the cassava, the two and other lines of the song ~~
Baby all for you…
[Outro]
Monica eh, oh my baby forgive oh
I no go do it again, I no go do it again oh
oh my baby forgive oh

If you get all Tecno lyrics one could hardly place finger on any with a meaningful sentence. Yes I know many would lash at me that regardless he's made it. Yea, he has, and I'm not hating. But that doesn't change the fact that he's highly overrated. He should be in the league of D Prince.

4 Likes

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Synord(m): 2:39pm On Mar 31, 2017
freaklesschild:
grow up and face ur own life , if u like talk till next 5 years , that won't stop him from reaching greater height , he already have fan base that would die for him and would follow him up in any condition , work on doing something tangible so u can be celebrated also

Lol...DAVIDO IS RICH, AM NOT HATING ,am merely airing my opinion, if e pain you...tor na u know

4 Likes

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Basic123: 3:18pm On Mar 31, 2017
freaklesschild:
who know no say na wizkid fan create all dis thing to bring davido down kontinue and let see where dis will lead to, davido is already blessed , kill ur self , i will support u guys in doing so one by one
lolz,this is the best your brain could processed and your mouth could say in a discussion like this.
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by freaklesschild(m): 4:16pm On Mar 31, 2017
Synord:

Lol...DAVIDO IS RICH, AM NOT HATING ,am merely airing my opinion, if e pain you...tor na u know
your opinion was crappy sorry to say , does so call artist u think are not overrated also sing bad lyrics, so it all about what work for u in the industry u have to take time to study what people like the most and u follow the trend, the wizkid u guys because of open dis topic , pls look at what he sing nw , what is daddy yo tell me , what is baba nla tell me abeg i wan hear . trying to single out wizkid is what making mad , if u add a davido to dis least then wizkid should also be among, then we know we listeners are the one that like crappy music , trying to say davido is over rated is stupid i swear , overrated to the extent of being sign by an international label is pathetic

8 Likes

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by freaklesschild(m): 4:28pm On Mar 31, 2017
GetUmad:
People can you imagine the lyrics of a song?

ekno – Yawa Lyrics
DOWNLOAD AUDIO
[Verse 1]
Monica no be today
Me and you don dey fight e don tey
I no go pursue woman I go change my ways
I go reduce the panana
I no go do it again oh
[Chorus]
Baby Yawa go dey
Baby yawa go dey oh
No be April fool
This is how i used to do
No be April fool
Cassava for two
Baby all for you…
[Hook]
Oh my baby forgive oh
I no go do it again
Oh my baby forgive oh
I no go do it again oh
[Verse 2]
Baby i no get excuse
Her body do kunfu
You say pilo no be fine
She do me one by two eh
Oyemu aki alcohol
Na hin i shack shaki all
My eye come dey turn I come dey fall oh
Na hin she catch me
[Chorus]
Baby Yawa go dey
Baby yawa go dey oh
No be April fool
This is how i used to do
No be April fool
Cassava for two
Baby all for you…
[Bridge]
I’ll stay away from these girls, all of me for you
I’ll go blind on sisters, gat my eyes on you
Anything you want make me do, i do
Baby i cross my heart for you
And i’ll go gaga for you
Forget Diana for you
Anything you want make me do, i do yeah
I’ll show my love for you, yea
My baby boo.. and you should know oh
[Chorus]
Baby If you leave me yawa go dey (See gobe)
Baby Yawa go dey
Baby yawa go dey oh
Only you go chop belle full {wetin she dey chop? The yawa or what cos I can't remember where this all started from}
No be April fool
This is how i used to do
No be April fool
Cassava for two ~~ and what's the correlation btw the cassava, the two and other lines of the song ~~
Baby all for you…
[Outro]
Monica eh, oh my baby forgive oh
oh my baby forgive oh

If you get all Tecno lyrics one could hardly place finger on any with a meaningful sentence. Yes I know many would lash at me that regardless he's made it. Yea, he has, and I'm not hating. But that doesn't change the fact that he's highly overrated. He should be in the league of D Prince.
same as wizkid , he should also be in the same league , post wizkid's Good lyrics , i want see hw he take better dis one

3 Likes

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by GetUmad: 5:03pm On Mar 31, 2017
freaklesschild:
same as wizkid , he should also be in the same league , post wizkid's Good lyrics , i want see hw he take better dis one
Pls don't quote me next time if you don't have your fact or I Get you mad. Where did you read in my post claiming wiz kid to be better? Even if I were to tow that lane I would still place even the rubbish Daddy Yo lyrics as less incongruous than those rubbish ones up there. If you don't understand my point there's no need engaging you in any intellectual discourse. By the way, quit your conspiracy theorems. That someone created a thread to air his opinion about talentless Artists and people decided to contribute doesn't mean the thread is all about Wizkid. I was embarrassed when I saw your post claiming the thread was anti-Davido by pro-Wizkid fans. I was more embarrassed seeing you quoting me. Why should you have to attach an unintended conspiracy to such a nice thread as this.

OK, have it below. But I won't help you if you can't seem to understand that if you read at least 5 lines in the lyrics below, you could make a sentence with little or no irrelevant words in between. And by the way, it's a dance hall, hence the lyrics format.

I got a lotta song, she sing so
I make her meter blow uh-ooh-oh
Na my song she dey sing so
She never ever dull uh-ooh-oh
When we dey, nobody dey
She dey like to wan dress, you know
She dey do the durty dance, you know
Valentino she dey wear, you know
She call me Funkmaster Flex, you know
Everything I want, she gimme
She tell me everyday she wanna see me, ooh-yeah
Bad-boy Wizzy, StarBoy Wizzy-boy
I make her dance, I give her mwaan
And make you know my girl nice
And I swear, she dey dress, you know
Valentino she dey wear, you know
Gucci be the dress, you know
I no dey let her stress, you know
[Efya:]
Wizzy boy, make me dance
Daddy Yo, make me dance
StarBoy, make me dance
Daddy Yo, make me dance
Wizzy boy, make me dance
Daddy Yo, make me dance
StarBoy, make me dance
Daddy Yo, make me dance
[WizKid:]
1-2. I like the way you dance
I love your kitty-dance, I love the way you dance am
3-4, knocking on the door

FYI:
I am not a fan of Wizkid. I don't dig him. The guy is blessed and doing well in his chosen profession just like others I was referring to, no doubt. The fact remains majority of them can't sing a song with meaningful lyrics. It's excusable to me, if you flop in 3 or 4 out of 10 songs but not ALL.

7 Likes

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by intruxive(m): 6:28pm On Mar 31, 2017
Guy for an unknown artist like you, you have ZERO credence to judge any of these guys. And by the way, you will never measure up to them. Look up to people so you can bcom great, dont look down on models in your field. It shows you hv got noting but jealousy to offer. Oshi. Modified. You combine guys around the same age as you, with millions of fans GLOBALY able to lock down shows and make ppl happy and you call them overrated?.... Guy you need to do an apology thread. You messed up with this thread

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 31, 2017
Brown14:
On point with Davido n Mr Eazi....plus Kcee.

Underrated

--Sean fizzle

--Burna boy

I agree with the underrated. Blackmagic and Brymo too in my opinion

2 Likes

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 31, 2017
mr eazi so so overrated cheesy

1 Like

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by phinaluv(f): 6:33pm On Mar 31, 2017
Op u just said my mind Mr EAZI is too overrated

1 Like

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by kingmsookwagh(m): 6:35pm On Mar 31, 2017
You sabi sing? Adding YCEE and Mr Eazi to your stoopid list, invalidate whatever you're trying to pass across! If you're frustrated, look some where else and leave creatively busy dudes to make their money!!!

1 Like

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by sammyuche(m): 6:36pm On Mar 31, 2017
Basic123:
As I saw the thread,I was expecting no1 to be DAVIDO...so so overrated.what pain me most is when he sees whizkid as his rival!..what of..yemi alade and tekno,so overrated .

most underrated
solid star
brymo
sean tizzle
burna boy
styl plus
falz
faze
paul play dairo-

wande coal
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by kingmsookwagh(m): 6:37pm On Mar 31, 2017
PRAIZE is the best Male vocalist in Nigeria right now! Headie or no headies!

1 Like

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Adiwana: 6:37pm On Mar 31, 2017
GetUmad:

No hypocrite here, Mate. No one is saying their foreign counterpart is better. We all know they sing trash, so much trash as well. However, it's excusable if out of 10 tracks or songs with your name, only about 40% one can't relate with based on its high level of incoherence. What then do you make of a Nigerian artist just like that Eazi and Tecno that if we are to import all their lyrics here you'd hardly find a song with complete sense.

By the way, there's a huge difference between being vulgar and being incoherent. Some of the songs you posted up there were not incongruous but mere profanity. We've got Artists who are known purely for profane languages back in Nigeria and they're already known for that, Terry G as a bold example. No one is bringing him into this cos we all already know he's not there to give you music wey make sense, even him dey talk am. Meanwhile, if you give me 5 Chris Brown's songs that are sorta meaningless I would give you 6 that are meaningful. Can same be said about your guyz here?
Nigga,you are a fucking hypocrite likewise many people here criticising The guys lyrics but are quick to jump into Chris brown and the rest of them foreign musicians wagon.If you Feel that their lyrics are poor,then don't listen to them&don't memorise their lyrics offhand.it's as simple as that

3 Likes

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 31, 2017
Basic123:
As I saw the thread,I was expecting no1 to be DAVIDO...so so overrated.what pain me most is when he sees whizkid as his rival!..what of..yemi alade and tekno,so overrated .

most underrated
solid star
brymo
sean tizzle
burna boy
styl plus
falz
faze
paul play dairo-
You are over correct dude i thought am the one that thinks of this those Artists you mentioned are my favorites
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Akalia(m): 6:38pm On Mar 31, 2017
OP you are just a jealous head. All these artistes have dropped hit singles in the time past and today some of their hit singles still rock. I don't know what's your idea of an overrated artiste. With what this artistes have been to accomplish for themselves in the industry; I think they are not doing so bad.

2 Likes

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Shelloween(m): 6:38pm On Mar 31, 2017
Just because you're not feeling their jams doesn't mean they are overrated.

1 Like

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by mybestlove(m): 6:39pm On Mar 31, 2017
If you cook okro soup without maggi, e no go sweet at all.

Musicians in Nigeria get their babalawos we dey push things for them just like yahoo boys.

Mostly Yoruba artists are too much into this babalawo thing.

If you no see baba people no go too know you.

1 Like

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Adieza(m): 6:40pm On Mar 31, 2017
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by avalanche25: 6:41pm On Mar 31, 2017
Ma first tyme on nairaland.plss people show me love

4 Likes

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Ermacc: 6:46pm On Mar 31, 2017
GetUmad:
Let's for once pretend as if we already didn't know the songs below and you're just coming across the lyrics for the very first time. Imagine you stumbled on a book containing lyrics below written by your kid cousin or child, wouldn't you just laugh it off? Would you even take it serious.

Skin Tight
Mr Eazi
If you give your heart to me
I no go let you go
Wey I no go do you basa basa
Baby trust in me
When you give your heart to me
I no go let you go
Wey I no go do you basa basa
Baby trust in me
I go dey your body like skin tight
Wey I go dey by your side
Them times wey I no get sika
You dey by my side
So make I dey your body like skin tight
Wey I go dey by your side
'Cause them times when I no get sika
You dey by my side
Oh na na na na
Eeeeey my baby o
Oh sweetie o
Eeeyyyy my baby o
Ooh
Nobody show me love like my baby
You be the only one for me
Only one for me
You be the only one that I need
Sekeof when I no get ee
You no be runaway
You stay with me
Baby now I don't get ee
Make you no runaway stay with me
'Cause me and you were meant to be

PANA LYRICS
[Hook]
[Chorus]
Baby, Pana
Baby, Pana
Anywhere that you go
I go follow you dey go
Baby, Pana
Baby, Pana
My love for you will never die, will never die
[Bridge]
[Verse 1]
'Say love is a beautiful thing
Girl you dey cool my temper
Love is a wonderful tender feeling
You dey give me ginger
Eh, 'say baby dancey-dancey, dance
All the beauty in your eyes dey give me life oh-ooh
Make we give the Lord thanks oh
For the sake eh-eeh, for the sake of love oh
Eh Baby,
For your sake I go kill show oh, eh-eh
Show you love like you’ve never seen before
[Hook]
(na you I dey play ball oh)
We go drive around for my Porsche oh
[Chorus]
Baby, Pana
Baby, Pana
Anywhere that you go
I go follow you dey go
Baby, Pana
Baby, Pana
My love for you will never die, will never die
[Bridge]
[Verse 2]
Eh, nwayocha .. nwayocha
You see, you have taken my love oh-ooh
I cannot understand how I'm feeling
You are my woman-crush oh
Nwayoma .. nwayoma
You see, nna maka m'isi oh
Owee'owe, eh .. owee'owee, owee'owe
M'baby, me no go let you go, sure
I will always be your lover, ah
For your sake I go killi show oh, eh
Show you love that you’ve never seen before
[Hook]
(..folake oh, fola oh)
We go drive around for my Porsche oh
[Chorus]
Baby, Pana
Baby, Pana
Anywhere that you go
I go follow you dey go
Baby, Pana
Baby, Pana

Tecno

Afa-m'ubu Al'-haji Te-ki-no

Folake, gimme love oh
Na you dey catchi my shot oh
For your sake, I go go church oh
We go drive around for my Porsche oh » pls so far what sense is therein? Must you form rhymes by all means? It's just so nursery
They say you like wahala oh
Eh, I getti wahala oh »
They say you like cassava
I getti big cassava »
Eva-Eva oh baby, Eva-Eva
Baby you too sweet, fajaba »
My baby, dance to the Lagbaja »
Make I take you to Gwagwalada »
Eva-Eva oh baby, Eva-Eva
Baby you too sweet, fajita (meaning?) »

My baby, dance to the Lagbaja (where's the Lagbaja to be danced to) »

Make I take you to Gwagwalada (is that where your sense is or you parked there?) »

dibi-daba-diba-dobo
Adaba-dibi-daba-dede-baba
(and all these mumbo-jumbo just to complete a track)

If by Davido

my money my body na your own
if i tell you say i love you o
my money my body na your own o baby
thirty billion for the account o
versace, gucci for your body o
no do, no do
no do, garagara for me
no do, no do
no do senrere o
no do, no do
no do, shakara o we
no do, no do
no do, garagara for me o, eh
girl you’re beautiful too
my number one tuntun (meaning?)

sip burukututu (what has burukututu got to do with me being beautiful why should I sip it? When it could just be a total turn off for a lady you're trying to woo)

for your love i tutu ( meaning? This was when I knew it had something to do with Tecno. Strings of meaningless and nursery rhymes)

i go chook you chuku chuku O ( person wey u dey toast u wan chook am chukuchuku abeg which sense dey am? Who does that?)

biko obianuju
shey you do me juju
cos im feeling the juju
shake it o, take it (what is she catching and shaking, biko no one should hold brief for him here)

i wanna catch it o ,take it
you can have it o,take it
you know i gat this o,take it
i love you, i love you
i love you, i love you
there’s nothing above you
there’s nothing above you
above you above you
bridget eh
i like your mini skirt o ( what tha........ Mini skirt? Are you for real? who use this line to woo a lady in 2017, OMG)

oh girl you carry sense o (no she for carry stupidity, how dt one take relate? So na this kain thing u go go dey yan a lady and she nor go think say u are sick. So incoherent and not romantic at all)

if i tell say i love you o
my money, my body na your own o baby
thirty billion for the account o yeh
versace and gucci for your body o baby

MAJORITY OF NIGERIAN SUPPOSED LOVE SONGS SHOULD CARRY A CAVEAT ; PLS DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME

Gone are those days you'd copy a love song and use it words for words to ask that your secondary school classmate out. Days of ; All my life by KC&JOJO, unbended knee, BoyzIImen.... Guess what? It never failed. Say it and watch her smiling even chuckling, going back to her hostel gushing about it with her friend and next day you see them all admiring you. Pls go ahead and use those ones pasted above on a lady, I could only imagine the reaction that would follow .

FACT:
MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE THAT WOULD CLAIM THEY LOVE ANY OF THESE SONGS CAN'T PROUDLY SAY WHAT PARTICULAR MESSAGE THEY CARRY. THEY ONLY GET TO LOVE IT AS A RESULT OF FONDNESS GROWN FOR IT THROUGH CONSTANT AIRPLAY. The more you hear a song the more you grow fond of it. Also many people that would not see any thrash in these songs are those ones that go to beer palor or clubs all the time. When you constantly listen to songs under the influence of alcohol, you'd definitely have nothing against it but love it.

3 Likes

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by arctodus(m): 6:47pm On Mar 31, 2017
In your field what have you achieved and how would you rate yourself? You cannot dream of achieving 1/10 ofd what these guys have achieved yet you can judge and call them over rated... Please drop a single and lets see how far you go,since u know terms like lyrical prowess and all the other stuffs u mentioned. Put them to use...
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by enemmo(f): 6:48pm On Mar 31, 2017
1bkaye:

I agree with the underrated. Blackmagic and Brymo too in my opinion

Brymo is not underrated.

He's in a good place.

I watch Nollywood movies and his songs are used as soundtracks in a few of them.

I think he just wants to keep a low profile.

https://www.bellanaija.com/2017/03/there-are-no-musicians-currently-in-2017-making-more-money-off-their-music-than-brymo-brymo-reveals-in-new-interview-with-linda-ikeji-music-watch-on-bn-tv/
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Believe7(m): 6:48pm On Mar 31, 2017
Synord:
5) Lil Kesh - This dude practically has little to nothing to offer musically.. With below par lyrics, childish delivery on topics relating to sexual acts and mostly noisy beats, one can say Lil kesh barely survived on the hype of YBNL ..This can be seen in his three singles released after his exit from YBNL,kojo,shele Gan Gan and fake love, all 3 singles not performing to expectation not forgetting his highly forgettable ( pun intended ) debut album, YAGI ...

4) Ycee - Zaheer as he is fondly called is another very overated act...His lyrical prowess can be no where compared to the likes of poe,ozone,Yung6ix and even Erigga..The act who has been using his rapsy voice to gain a edge ,may be surely talented but at the same time ,highly overrated compared to the crop of Rappers out here in Nigeria grinding..

3) Ice Prince - Former choc city act , Ice prince... I find it very hard to believe he actually won a BET award...With wack ass flows like ' I shit in twos ,poo poo...'. one cannot but wonder how the act has managed to acquire a large fan base and selling out shows ...

2) Davido
- Yes. ,Davido is very very overrated..Apart from the obviously poor vocal ability, we all know how he comes about his songs including his latest single. The artists has been using nothing but money,influence and connection to force his songs on Nigerians ..If u doubt me, search davido Tim Westwood freestyle on Google and see for yourself.

1) Mr Eazi - The most overrated artiste I know of as to be Mr Eazi.. With an astounding lack of musical surprise and monotonous delivery , How the act managed to gain a huge following with his weak lines and burns boy like vibes remains a surprise ..

These are the five most overrated artists in Nigeria and I hope they prove their talents soonest ..

Written by Iamsynord
twitter @iamsynord

bro..so what should we do now since u think there are overated?...go console ur sef bro..if what ur doing ain't paying u..then Bleep off..

1 Like

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Basic123: 6:49pm On Mar 31, 2017
sammyuche:

wande coal
yeah,wande coal!..
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 31, 2017
enemmo:

Brymo is not underrated.

He's in a good place.

I watch Nollywood movies and his songs are used as soundtracks in a few of them.

I think he just wants to keep a low profile.

Oh? Fair enough, love most of his music

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Jim Lawson Maduike Is Dead / Burna Boy Was Stopped From Fighting Some Area Boys At The Jetty (Video) / Etta Ng Chok Lam And Andi Autum, Lesbian Lovers Homeless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.